Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,910 members, 7,838,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism (40486 Views)

Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. / “I'm 43% Nigerian” - Duchess Of Sussex Meghan Markle Stirs Reactions, Opens Up / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Dewillys(m): 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
Having your family in peace is more important! So let them keep to their own racism.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
Dpharisee:

Which nonsense royalty in this century, Britain bombed Libya because Gaddafi was in power for 40 years as head of state, meanwhile the Queen is the Head of state of Britain, who elected her and why is her tenure endless? Why are they preaching what they don't practice to other people in their own lands?

oh now it's the Britain that nuked Libya and not America.. Bet you gonna say that in a different fashion if it was America in table.. y'all just hate the west.. "you people" hate the west. period...

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by toprealman: 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2021
Focusmind:
The lady finished the British Royal Family and the British system.

She gave it to them hot! The Buckingham palace is preparing a response to all that she and her husband said.

Imagine Harry saying that he left UK to US with his family for the sake of his mental health.

Most Nigerians would come here now to bash her for bringing enemity to the Royal family. It was quite courageous of her to have taken that decision.

The British system, press and main stream news have ways of making one go insane if they come after you.

Just Imagine a Palace official saying only God knows how black Archer will look like even before the innocent boy was born.
She gave it to them hot...so what next?
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by MufasaLion: 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
1Sharon:

This is for you

But they didn't. So take your bitterness somewhere else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by SeriouslySense(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
I watched the interview to listen to what she said.

She is beautiful, wish her the best, i think she is smart, kind, and everything will be fine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by budaatum: 5:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
ClassicMan202:
These people don dey talk too much,

you separate from dem and na you still dey call their names for your issue... Why not move on?? Make every body face him own way

My opinion: she want the glam of royalty but without the restriction it entails.

Even the queen is restricted bcus i can bet there's alot of things she would like to do but because she is the queen, she can do it... So even royalty comes with a price.
For example, she can't vote
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by descarado: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
bukatyne:

They mentioned been cut off about twice.

They should move on already; this is getting stale.

Exactly.

I saw the advert about this interview at work on Thursday , I'm sure some of my colleagues saw that too but nobody said anything about that.
Last night I saw the analysis of the interview on sky news Australia. It was really bad. Curiosity made me check out some news sites, girl, she isn't celebrated. British love their monarch and British allies too even though they are pain in the arse. I saw strong solidarity online for the queen and her family and they are not British.
Hope she won't divorce that guy anytime soon

Let her go and continue with acting.
Hate drama queens. So many of them from US.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Olubee22(f): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2021
tot:
The way the British media has haunted this girl - which isn't the case with Kate Middleton. It's been obvious from the word go that they just can't accept the fact that a Black person is now a part of the royal family. Shame on them.

Racism in the UK is very subtle, unlike Americans who are usually blatant.
Exactly! BuzzFeed did a side by side comparisons of newspaper headlines of Kate and Meghan carrying out various/similar activities, and it's so obvious that they don't like her at all. I feel for her but she should have known what she was getting into when she said yes to Harry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by 1Sharon(f): 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

But they didn't. So take your bitterness somewhere else.

Who didn't?
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by salford1: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
descarado:

Exactly.

I saw the advert about this interview at work on Thursday , I'm sure some of my colleagues saw that too but nobody said anything about that.
Last night I saw the analysis of the interview on sky news Australia. It was really bad. Curiosity made me check out some news sites, girl, she isn't celebrated. British love their monarch and British allies too even though they are pain in the arse. I saw strong solidarity online for the queen and her family and they are not British.
Hope she won't divorce that guy anytime soon

Let her go and continue with acting.
Hate drama queens. So many of them from US.
You watch sky News Australia. That channel is leaning towards the far right. I would be surprised if they'd aid anything nice about Harry and Meghan.

British allies don't really care about the Royal family that much anymore except maybe the remaining baby boomers and to an extent generation Jones and generation x. Other generations could care less. Once queen Elizabeth is gone, the monarchy would rapidly decline.

2 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Sterope(f): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2021
Choke on your inferiority complex. What is done is done.

They are going to be a thing of past soon enough
LINTUNE:
shutup....this is not really racism, it's just tradition..they want pure blue bloodline, it's their choice, especially when it has been institutionalized..there are principles that governs every royals in the world..

3 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by SeriouslySense(m): 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2021
yes the media might have been trying to make her look bad using a different standard of judgement for her, and her child will not be regarded as a prince or princess.

Olubee22:

Exactly! BuzzFeed did a side by side comparisons of newspaper headlines of Kate and Meghan carrying out various/similar activities, and it's so obvious that they don't like her at all. I feel for her but she should have known what she was getting into when she said yes to Harry.

5 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by MufasaLion: 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2021
1Sharon:

Who didn't?

You said Barack and others you listen would have left the black race if they had the chance. But They Didn't And Never Would.

You called them racist too. Really?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by budaatum: 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
Olubee22:

Perhaps people here will understand if they see examples for themselves because its not as if most commenting here watched Oprah interviewing them.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Sterope(f): 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
This is one of those things I will never understand. The vitriol against another person for doing absolutely nothing is astonishing.

I am glad that they are standing tall and proud. They removed themselves from such evil people.

cococandy:

I’m just very happy that her husband is standing with her.
The people claiming they care about him more than he does care about himself are just pretentious jackasses. Or plain jealous.

They’ve been hating this woman from the beginning because she’s divorced therefore not good enough for a second chance much less a second chance with royalty.

The rancid bitterness against someone they don’t personally know. Tufia. Like for real how do they know all this stuff they are claiming? Even with clear evidence that she’s been maliciously treated differently than Kate, it’s like yea she should be okay with that.

I never cease to be amazed at how hard some of them go in condemnation of her. Without knowing her from Adam. Shocking.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by anomaly20: 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
bunto:
Get your facts right before you show your ignorance online.
No you get your facts right, she and Harry decided to take a break from everything royalty and still expect the benefits who does that? Archie is not entitled to the title prince for now she knows that, Harry knows that but hell no let's set the public against the royalty.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Sterope(f): 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2021
All of them nuked Libya. They are going to share that responsibility equally.

Hanks0000:

oh now it's the Britain that nuked Libya and not America.. Bet you gonna say that in a different fashion if it was America in table.. y'all just hate the west.. "you people" hate the west. period...

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by tot(f): 5:44pm On Mar 08, 2021
Olubee22:

The bias is just so obvious. They have literally been hounding her every single day. I agree she was naive but still it's very unfair she's being treated this way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by anomaly20: 5:45pm On Mar 08, 2021
jedisco:

You are a disgrace to your skin colour
No you are, because you cannot see past the manipulative game Harry and Meghan are playing
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by Sterope(f): 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
You should get your facts right..eyin british slaves

Every of you slaves keep foaming in the mouth about expectations or what not, according to daily mail. Like none of the royals has broken none before..Like Kate didn't break several. Are you sheep?

anomaly20:

No you get your facts right, she and Harry decided to take a break from everything royalty and still expect the benefits who does that? Archie is not entitled to the title prince for now she knows that, Harry knows that but hell no let's set the public against the royalty.

3 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by SeriouslySense(m): 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
She said somethings, that are deep. I am glad i listened to her.

budaatum:

Perhaps people here will understand if they see examples for themselves because its not as if most commenting here watched Oprah interviewing them.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by MufasaLion: 5:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
anomaly20:

Slaves can never disappoint me anyways. cool

4 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by KenModi(m): 5:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
ClassicMan202:
These people don dey talk too much,

you separate from dem and na you still dey call their names for your issue... Why not move on?? Make every body face him own way

My opinion: she want the glam of royalty but without the restriction it entails.

Even the queen is restricted bcus i can bet there's alot of things she would like to do but because she is the queen, she can do it... So even royalty comes with a price.

You get brain at all so?? Abi na chaff full your head?

Racism is not the same thing as royal duties. Being restricted due to the position you occupy is very different from being racially abused or spoken of in a bad light as a result of the colour of your skin.

Make una dey try get sense before una talk, una no ho hear! angry

3 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by sage(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2021
budaatum:

Oyinbo does not do "half black". In fact, neither do black people.

To oyinbo even ⅛ is black, and to blacks blacks are black and proud. In UK, at least.

This is stupidity of the highest order. Why should foreigners tell you who looks like you? Are they your God? You dont think the average Nigerian knows who looks foreign in their society like Meghan Markel?

If Meghan Markel walked through a Nigerian village with Harry most people there will call her and Harry Oyinbo. She doesnt look like Nigerians either (who dont have a foreign parent)

This whole nonsense that others dictate to us who is part of us is how you get an unworkable country called Nigeria.
Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by mofedamijo(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2021
You colonised a black continent, took their resources and disappeared. Then you expect one day, you will not have a black person in the Royal family..... They are joking. Indians, and every country they have colonised will still enter that Buckingham Palace, either directly or in directly.

They aint know shit yet.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by SeriouslySense(m): 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
hehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
mofedamijo:
You colonised a black continent, took their resources and disappeared. Then you expect one day, you will not have a black person in the Royal family..... They are joking. Indians, and every country they have colonised will still enter that Buckingham Palace, either directly or in directly.

They aint know shit yet.

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by tot(f): 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
mofedamijo:

They aint know shit yet.

Lmao grin grin
It's like you want them to have heart attack.

4 Likes

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by salford1: 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2021
anomaly20:

No you are, because you cannot see past the manipulative game Harry and Meghan are playing
Apart from what the media snips budaatum posted,
It's clear from several other media sources and pictures/post on how they were being treated poorly. The Royal family never stood up for them. The royal family use the British press as a weapon to hound those they do not like.

Remember the picture of the monkey leaving the hospital and the picture of the racist brooch? We all saw it with our eyes

However this "manipulative game" you talked about seems like something you made up in your head. Are you now a mind reader or are you a god that knows how to read people's mind? Abi how you take know that they were being manipulative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by omoyankee3(m): 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
The threat of committing suicide is one of the most potent arsenals of a narcissist (to invoke pity and also for manipulation).

Another is to prevent their victim from getting help through isolationism. She's cut Harry from his family and dictates who he can keep as friends(mostly her own friends). That way nobody can help him escape her tentacles.

By the time she's finished with Harry, he'd have become a wreck. He's already having mental problems (depression/anxiety).

1 Like

Re: I Contemplated Suicide - Meghan Markle Accuses British Royals Of Racism by loswhite(m): 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
Focusmind:
The lady finished the British Royal Family and the British system.

She gave it to them hot! The Buckingham palace is preparing a response to all that she and her husband said.

Imagine Harry saying that he left UK to US with his family for the sake of his mental health.

Most Nigerians would come here now to bash her for bringing enemity to the Royal family. It was quite courageous of her to have taken that decision.

The British system, press and main stream news have ways of making one go insane if they come after you.

Just Imagine a Palace official saying only God knows how black Archer will look like even before the innocent boy was born.
only foolish men that will fall for women manipulation....They always play the victims.
Harry is just a disgraceful prince

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Sacked Zimbabwean President, Robert Mugabe: 10 Things You Never Knew About Him / Moscow Offers Update On Casualties From Ukraine Conflict / Shocking Photos From Guatemala Volcanic Eruption That Killed Over 60(Graphics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.