Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. (13120 Views)

I’m Not Desperate To Serve, Says Jonathan - Punch / If This Happens Buhari Will Become President Mark My Words / I Want To Become President In 2015, But APC First -buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by ibb11: 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2011
bb is d 9ja choice try2 hooks it
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by yeswecan(m): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
Buhari can never rule this country - this is so clear. I do not know what his desperation is all about , OK i take someone's point that Nigeria is in a serious leadership crisis but Buhari cannot be the redeemer. This guy's attitude is one of displaced monarch who seeks to return to his GOD given throne. He is still in the shock following his abrupt displacement by his two best friends (IBB and Abacha) back in the mid 80s.

His motives are vindictive and he swing all conversation to punishment for the corrupt  - like that sums up the problem we have in Nigeria. Now - i do not think the General is completely useless in the face of Nigeria system - he appears to me like a lawyer trying to treat a sick patient. He should look for where he fits into.

I am afraid Goodluck Ebele Jonathan seems to be the best candidate on the menu - as much as i dislike his platform or disagree with him in virtually everything, i think if we see good and bad in comparative terms then Goodluck is the only option in this election. The other guy - Ribadu- is in for personal ambition as opposed to assignment, backed by a single man who someone lately refereed to as " Undisputed Heavyweight Champion". I do not want my president to take orders from a godparent who single handedly selected his candidacy and provided him with moral, economic and political support, a man who imposed his wife on a senate seat and claims part derivation from state title.

PDP will get the presidency even if CPC and ACN decide to produce a single candidiate.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by switch47(m): 2:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
Come saturday jonathan will win the election!
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by ALADE4J2: 2:43pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why I have always known that GEJ is too desperate to stay in office, I am surprised to learn now that Buhari is so desperate to become the next president to the extent of associating with Ciroma, IBB, Atiku et al. Who will he then probe? Mind you it was his anti-corruption campaign that made my family and I to decide to vote for him despite the fact that we are Christians and Yorubas. I was actually ready to forget his antecedents concerning Yorubas and Christianity hoping that he would stop corruption in the country.Thank God I know this now before the election.
Honestly, if you take away these people plus Obj from PDP, then PDP will actually become a new party. GEJ has not impressed me in any way; no charisma, poor command of English language despite his doctorate degree, he is clueless, he has dwindled our external reserves. But I think I'll prefer GEJ to Buhari with this latest development.
Come to think of it, GEJ promised free and  fair elections and delivered that in the NASS elections, though there are many questions marks in some areas but at least Obj lost out in Ogun State (which makes me very happy). And may be he has not performed to my expectation because he has only spent 11 months or so in power and the bulk of that has been dedicated to election campaigns.
I am seriously considering voting for GEJ because Buhari has disappointed me by his association with these crooks.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by richidinho(m): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
imagine a democratic Nigeria since 1979 till date

buhari, buhari buhari hw many times av i call u

more fresh air please
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by jmaine: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
cjfavour:

@ walton,is he more desperate than GEJ who is on a mission to beat IBB on his politics of settlement?

GEJ supporters are crying because IBB,Atiku and co have refused to endorse GEJ. kpere ooooo!!!!!

GEJ is more desperate pls.

Wetin we no go see again for this land ( Nairaland) . . . The Losers that lost to GEJ in an amazing proportion are now suddenly a threat . . losers associate with fellow losers and that is what is on air as we speak on this thread . .Losers always share their pain and aspirations with fellow losers . . .

Atiku, IBB, Consensus Ciroma and lately Buhari . . .I dey Laff OO!
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by yeswecan(m): 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
richidinho:

imagine a democratic Nigeria since 1979 till date

buhari, buhari buhari hw many times av i call u

more fresh air please

I can imagine
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Mkpotu(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
WE WILL NOT EAT FIGHTING CORRUPTION FOR THE NEXT FOUR (4) YEARS.

CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA DID NOT START TODAY, BUT AN AGE-LONG SYNDROME.

GOVERNMENT NEEDS MORE TO PROVIDE THAN FIGHTING CORRUPTION.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by OCCULTIST(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2011
He is desperate to rule because he is the best
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by enyojo(f): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
Mkpotu:

OLE cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by tayoTFC(m): 2:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
PDP( GOODLUCK JONATHAN EBELE ) MINISTER LIST,

BELOW IS THE PROPOSE PDP( GOODLUCK JONATHAN EBELE ) MINISTER LIST/ SPECIAL ADVISER, FOR SOUTHWEST

1. IYABO BELLO OBASANJO, MIN. OF STATE HEALTH
2. BANKOLE DIMEJI -- MIN.OF STATE FINANCE
3. JUBRIL MARTIN KUYE, SENIOR SPECIAL ADVISER
4.OLUBODE GOERGE. SPECIAL ADVISER
5.MUSILIU OBANIKORO, MIN.ON FORIGEN  AFFAIR
6.ADEMOLA DOSUMU, SPECIAL ADVISE
7.OYINLOLA. MIN.OF EDUCATION
8.IYIOLA OMISORE, SPECIAL ADVISER
9.BODE OLAJUMOKE, SPECIAL ADVISER
10.ALAO AKALA, MIN OF WOMAN AFFAIRS
11. GBENGA ARAPAJA --SPECIAL ADVISER

in the light of the above criminal a vote for GEJ is a vote for PDP and the above criminals,
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by ekea2001: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
Passion is desperate! change is sweeping Africa.Opportunity for re-positioning is in calling.Nigerian youths are fed up.thatz why someone is desperate.A good person 4 that matter. But a a second thought,Good people are often not!
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by yeswecan(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
Mkpotu:

Government is not to provide for you what to eat.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by enyojo(f): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
The reality is that so long as we the youth continue to give vain and fake excusses for the mess we are in, development will be farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

We need a President who will fight corruption in every sector for 4 years

Let development in all sector move gradually in those years.

The time for 700-ponits agenda when we stand at the same point has passed
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by juman(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2011
Our leaders across the nation: this is time to support the south south people. President Jonathan will certainly deliver.

Vote for President Goodluck Jonathan. Let make Nigeria one of the first 20 nations of the world. Goodluck Jonathan will certainly achieve this.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by enyojo(f): 3:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
tayoTFC:

PDP( GOODLUCK JONATHAN EBELE ) MINISTER LIST,

BELOW IS THE PROPOSE PDP( GOODLUCK JONATHAN EBELE ) MINISTER LIST/ SPECIAL ADVISER, FOR SOUTHWEST

1. IYABO BELLO OBASANJO, MIN. OF STATE HEALTH
2. BANKOLE DIMEJI -- MIN.OF STATE FINANCE
3. JUBRIL MARTIN KUYE, SENIOR SPECIAL ADVISER
4.OLUBODE GOERGE. SPECIAL ADVISER
5.MUSILIU OBANIKORO, MIN.ON FORIGEN  AFFAIR
6.ADEMOLA DOSUMU, SPECIAL ADVISE
7.OYINLOLA. MIN.OF EDUCATION
8.IYIOLA OMISORE, SPECIAL ADVISER
9.BODE OLAJUMOKE, SPECIAL ADVISER
10.ALAO AKALA, MIN OF WOMAN AFFAIRS
11. GBENGA ARAPAJA --SPECIAL ADVISER

in the light of the above criminal a vote for GEJ is a vote for PDP and the above criminals,

Spelling Check: 'BankOle' so he will head Central Bank
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by enyojo(f): 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
juman:

Our leaders across the nation: this is time to support the south south people. President Jonathan will certainly deliver.

Vote for President Goodluck Jonathan. Let make Nigeria one of the first 20 nations of the world. Goodluck Jonathan will certainly achieve this.

Typing rubbish like this never tire you?
At your age??
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Mkpotu(m): 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2011
@enyojo, I CAN SEE YOU ARE IN LAGOS. I CHALLENGE  TO SAY HOW MANY CORRUPTION FASHOLA HAS FOUGHT IN LAGOS, YET EVERYBODY IS PRAISING.

THE QUESTION IS, WHY THE PRAISE? THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS BECAUSE OF PROVISION OF INFRASTRUCTURE AND THAT IS WHY FASHOLA TODAY HAS SUCCEEDED AND IS LOVED BY AT LEAST 75% OF LAGOSIANS.

SO, ANY SERIOUS GOVERNMENT HAS MORE TO DO THAN SAYING THEIR COMING INTO POWER IS TO FIGHT CORRUPTION. WE NEED INFRASTRUCTURE AND WE NEED SOMEBODY THAT IS COMPLIANT WITH MODERN TRENDS WHO CAN LISTEN TO PEOPLE. SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE RIGHT PERSON TO APPOINT TO MAN A PARTICULAR MINISTRY OR OUTFIT.

BUHARI DOES NOT HAVE ALL THOSE TO HIS ADVANTAGE. MEANWHILE, HIS FIGHT FOR CORRUPTION, IS IT GOING TO BE RETROACTIVE OR , ?
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by passyjango(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
jmaine:

Explains Buhari in explicit terms . . His head is so full of crap and his conviction that General Sani Abacha regime was good for Nigeria and that the Tyrannical Abacha never stole a dime since he (Buhari)hasn't seen any proof  shocked shocked, this says alot about a crappy full head that despises common knowledge . . Last i heard . . He has Muhammed Abacha an a member of the CPC and a gubernatorial candidate in Kano State . .former PDP crook in Achike Udenwa contested and deservingly lost using the CPC platform of Mirage. . . lately his romance with Atiku , IBB and the expired Ciroma Northern consensus committee also says a lot about Saint Buhari who want to extinguish corruption . . .His crappy full head also believe in the myth of people named  " Tunde" to run the show while he remains the figurehead by default.

How is the regime of Abacha different from the past 12 years? Why do we always prefer to dwell in the past, while the same evils we focus on in the past are still taking place today? We have bought this idea that men like IBB, Abacha, OBJ, etc are evil, but this men are only decoys used to distract us from seeing the fact that all the atrocities that we accuse them of is still taking place today. While we focus on atrocities of the past, today's leaders are busy committing the same crimes without any checkmates.

Are public office holders (including GEJ) still not looting?
Are journalists still not being killed?
Are people still not being assassinated?
Are corrupt people still not being protected by the state?
Is the First Lady's office (Federal, States, and LGAs) still not used for money laundering?

So, what is the difference between IBB and the average Nigerian politician of today (GEJ inclusive)? For example, GEJ was a governor for 2 years, yet as part of his presidential campaign he cannot point to anything he achieved. All we are hearing is that he did not wear shoes to school.

So, why do we see the endorsement of GEJ by the governors as okay, but an endorsement from IBB as bad? Is IBB more dangerous to Nigeria than an average Nigerian governor? We really need to check our heads as we are allowing our biases to affect our thinking. IBB is no saint, but he is a lot better than some of the people in government today, even some of the ones we adore. So, let’s open our eyes and fight corruption of today. Yesterday is gone, today and tomorrow is what counts.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by fxtopedia(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
Mkpotu:

@enyojo, I CAN SEE YOU ARE IN LAGOS. I CHALLENGE  TO SAY HOW MANY CORRUPTION FASHOLA HAS FOUGHT IN LAGOS, YET EVERYBODY IS PRAISING.

THE QUESTION IS, WHY THE PRAISE? THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS BECAUSE OF PROVISION OF INFRASTRUCTURE AND THAT IS WHY FASHOLA TODAY HAS SUCCEEDED AND IS LOVED BY AT LEAST 75% OF LAGOSIANS.

SO, ANY SERIOUS GOVERNMENT HAS MORE TO DO THAN SAYING THEIR COMING INTO POWER IS TO FIGHT CORRUPTION. WE NEED INFRASTRUCTURE AND WE NEED SOMEBODY THAT IS COMPLIANT WITH MODERN TRENDS WHO CAN LISTEN TO PEOPLE. SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE RIGHT PERSON TO APPOINT TO MAN A PARTICULAR MINISTRY OR OUTFIT.

BUHARI DOES NOT HAVE ALL THOSE TO HIS ADVANTAGE. MEANWHILE, HIS FIGHT FOR CORRUPTION, IS IT GOING TO BE RETROACTIVE OR , ?

Go and sit down, jo.  

@ enjoyo, just ignore some of this people that illusion has beclouded thier senses of judgemet.

BB all the way
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by fxtopedia(m): 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
passyjango:

How is the regime of Abacha different from the past 12 years? Why do we always prefer to dwell in the past, while the same evils we focus on in the past are still taking place today? We have bought this idea that men like IBB, Abacha, OBJ, etc are evil, but this men are only decoys used to distract us from seeing the fact that all the atrocities that we accuse them of is still taking place today. While we focus on atrocities of the past, today's leaders are busy committing the same crimes without any checkmates.

Are public office holders (including GEJ) still not looting?
Are journalists still not being killed?
Are people still not being assassinated?
Are corrupt people still not being protected by the state?
Is the First Lady's office (Federal, States, and LGAs) still not used for money laundering?

So, what is the difference between IBB and the average Nigerian politician of today (GEJ inclusive)? For example, GEJ was a governor for 2 years, yet as part of his presidential campaign he cannot point to anything he achieved. All we are hearing is that he did not wear shoes to school.

So, why do we see the endorsement of GEJ by the governors as okay, but an endorsement from IBB as bad? Is IBB more dangerous to Nigeria than an average Nigerian governor? We really need to check our heads as we are allowing our biases to affect our thinking. IBB is no saint, but he is a lot better than some of the people in government today, even some of the ones we adore. So, let’s open our eyes and fight corruption of today. Yesterday is gone, today and tomorrow is what counts.

Good bless you jare. GEJ even said '' I never plan to be where I am today''
That means he has NO PLAN. Little wonder he is wasting our reserve,  lmao

BB all the way
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Odunnu: 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
OP: thank God for 'near death' experience.
Now you are saved. Welcome to the GEJ group
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Mkpotu(m): 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
lets not make too much argument and watch out and see what happens on saturday. gej all the way
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by DrummaBoy(m): 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Poster
Buhari's meeting with the NPLF does not seem to me like someone who is desperate. It is called Politics: and there is nothing evil about it. In Politics you know your strenght and you find those who can support your weakness. The Gen. Buhari I know is a true federalist; a man who loves this nation enough to go the extra mile to help salvage her from its present state. I see it as being ernest to do good and not desperacy. If he was desperate he would easily have  let go of his very high standard and concede to the terms Tinubu and co were putting at him. Which would be tantamount to selling his birthright.
The like of OBJ would not find it difficult to do this because they speak with both sides of the mouth; and would readily jettison an agreement the minute they are in power. Buhari, as a man of truth will not do this. However he would do everything within that  which is morally sound to win this election. If he does not, it is not a do or die affair.
The future of this nation does not rest in the hands of Buhari but in the hands of you and I to make the decision: to choose btw life and death. I WOULD BE VOTING BUHARI/BAKARE, ALONG WITH MY HOUSEHOLD ON SATURDAY, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE TEAM I BELIEVE WOULD BENEFIT ME AND MY CHILDREN IN THE DAYS TO COME. There is nothing desperate about being sure of who you are and being ernest about helping to deliver your nation from vultures, in the person of GEJ and the PDP as a whole.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by ziccoit: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is @poster so desperate to post this topic grin

Or better put,

Why are the commentators so desperate to comment grin
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Allta(m): 3:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
IBB hosted Ribadu in his Villa too before the NASS Election, so what's the big deal?
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by newbreed1: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
Some said he is okay, because he is young,
And I say to them that a young incompetent, corrupt husband of a widow who perhaps has stolen more money than her living husband is not just good enough.

Some said he is just too old,
And I remind them of Winston Churchill who at age 65 had to come out of retirement to lead the UK during the second world war against Hitler (similar to our own modern day corruption in Nigeria )

Some said but the young guy is lucky,
I laugh and I say to them that no Great nation has ever been built on goodluck, great nations are built on good governance

Some said the old man is too desperate,
And I shake my head at their self deceit, because the young man spends foolishly an average of N500million daily of stolen money (e.g more than 8 full page advert per paper in all national newspaper every day), not to talk of other bribes giving out to buy peoples conscience.
There has been no case of anyone receiving money from the old but honest and reliable man.
Is it a crime for the old man to meet with the SELF PROCLAIMED GODFATHER OF THE YOUNG MAN?

Some said the young man gave us a free and fair election on saturday,
How could they have been so stupid or is it that they have lost their sense of history and judgement?
Henry Nwosu gave us a better election in 1993 AS AGAINST THE WISH OF IBB.
I would rather we salute Jega rather than the the lucky boy.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by DrummaBoy(m): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
@ Poster
Buhari's meeting with the NPLF does not seem to me like someone who is desperate. It is called Politics: and there is nothing evil about it. In Politics you know your strenght and you find those who can support your weakness. The Gen. Buhari I know is a true federalist; a man who loves this nation enough to go the extra mile to help salvage her from its present state. I see it as being ernest to do good and not desperacy. If he was desperate he would easily have  let go of his very high standard and concede to the terms Tinubu and co were putting at him. Which would be tantamount to selling his birthright.
The like of OBJ would not find it difficult to do this because they speak with both sides of the mouth; and would readily jettison an agreement the minute they are in power. Buhari, as a man of truth will not do this. However he would do everything within that  which is morally sound to win this election. If he does not, it is not a do or die affair.
The future of this nation does not rest in the hands of Buhari but in the hands of you and I to make the decision: to choose btw life and death. I WOULD BE VOTING BUHARI/BAKARE, ALONG WITH MY HOUSEHOLD ON SATURDAY, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE TEAM I BELIEVE WOULD BENEFIT ME AND MY CHILDREN IN THE DAYS TO COME. There is nothing desperate about being sure of who you are and being ernest about helping to deliver your nation from vultures, in the person of GEJ and the PDP as a whole.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by maclatunji: 3:42pm On Apr 13, 2011
I just love this cyber-battle. Seriously though GEJ supporters can do better than:

[s][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]Vote Goodluck Jonathan[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/s]
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Akainzo(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
@OP, did you miss that part of the same newspaper report that stated equivocally that GEJ is billed to meet the same set of people that Buhari met? ok, just to help you, it is the 3rd paragraph in the story and i quote it

Following the meeting, it also emerged last night that President Goodluck Jonathan, who is PDP’s candidate, was also scheduled to meet with Gen. Babangida today. It couldn’t be confirmed if Gen. Abdulsalami would be present at the meeting.

Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by 3kay945(m): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
@poster, you need to know more about politics. the Gen buhari actions isnt wrong anyway,  kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
After three days, all discussion topics will change.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

127 PDP Workers Reject Sheriff / Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu / President Buhari Attends Launch Of Nigeria HIV/AIDS Indictor And Impact Survey I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.