Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:46 AM

Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. (13279 Views)

I’m Not Desperate To Serve, Says Jonathan - Punch / If This Happens Buhari Will Become President Mark My Words / I Want To Become President In 2015, But APC First -buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by peelovee(f): 3:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
GEJ ahead ahead
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by ziccoit: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
peelovee:

GEJ ahead ahead

Seriously why not; GEJ aleg aleg or GEJ achest achest
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by tayoTFC(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
PDP( GOODLUCK JONATHAN EBELE ) MINISTER LIST,

BELOW IS THE PROPOSE PDP( GOODLUCK JONATHAN EBELE ) MINISTER LIST/ SPECIAL ADVISER, FOR SOUTHWEST

1. IYABO BELLO OBASANJO, MIN. OF STATE HEALTH
2. BANKOLE DIMEJI -- MIN.OF STATE FINANCE
3. JUBRIL MARTIN KUYE, SENIOR SPECIAL ADVISER
4.OLUBODE GOERGE. SPECIAL ADVISER
5.MUSILIU OBANIKORO, MIN.ON FORIGEN AFFAIR
6.ADEMOLA DOSUMU, SPECIAL ADVISE
7.OYINLOLA. MIN.OF EDUCATION
8.IYIOLA OMISORE, SPECIAL ADVISER
9.BODE OLAJUMOKE, SPECIAL ADVISER
10.ALAO AKALA, MIN OF WOMAN AFFAIRS
11. GBENGA ARAPAJA --SPECIAL ADVISER

in the light of the above criminal a vote for GEJ is a vote for PDP and the above criminals,

Spelling Check: 'BankOle' so he will head Central Bank
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by mikeywise(m): 4:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
bb all the way.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by 10cirenoh: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is it that nigerians only know what they want in the 4yrs of a sitting pdp govt but once election comes the forget the past and vote pdp again? Is it that we are use to suffering and can not do without it? I dont know ur reaction to this but for me i think we are heading for distruction cos evil men and women have so brain washed our pple that they dont even know the difference btw good and bad, sunny okoson didnt see anything when he sang which way nigeria? But i end by saying let save nigeria so nigeria wont die.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by jmaine: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2011
passyjango:

How is the regime of Abacha different from the past 12 years? Why do we always prefer to dwell in the past, while the same evils we focus on in the past are still taking place today? We have bought this idea that men like IBB, Abacha, OBJ, etc are evil, but this men are only decoys used to distract us from seeing the fact that all the atrocities that we accuse them of is still taking place today. While we focus on atrocities of the past, today's leaders are busy committing the same crimes without any checkmates.

Are public office holders (including GEJ) still not looting?
Are journalists still not being killed?
Are people still not being assassinated?
Are corrupt people still not being protected by the state?
Is the First Lady's office (Federal, States, and LGAs) still not used for money laundering?

So, what is the difference between IBB and the average Nigerian politician of today (GEJ inclusive)? For example, GEJ was a governor for 2 years, yet as part of his presidential campaign he cannot point to anything he achieved. All we are hearing is that he did not wear shoes to school.

So, why do we see the endorsement of GEJ by the governors as okay, but an endorsement from IBB as bad? Is IBB more dangerous to Nigeria than an average Nigerian governor? We really need to check our heads as we are allowing our biases to affect our thinking. IBB is no saint, but he is a lot better than some of the people in government today, even some of the ones we adore. So, let’s open our eyes and fight corruption of today. Yesterday is gone, today and tomorrow is what counts.

[b]Am surprised that people in this age believe our democratic experience is a huge mistake and we should have remained in the Military era of wanton assassination of progressives that sent the likes of Wole Soyinka, Late pa Pa Enahoro of blessed memory to escape the shores of this country .

A period when the standard of living of the populace was very low . . a period when Firewood at a particular period in time (1997 or there about) was the source of domestic fuel due to the skyrocketing fuel prices and severe scarcity that subjected the lives of Nigeria to pre 60's days . .

A period where sites like nairaland.com would dare not exist cos people like you with a knack of insulting the president before you make your views won't have that chance. Nairaland.com would have being extinct and probably seun would have escaped the shores of Nigeria to avoid arrest and persecution   cheesy. .

A period where a  lance corporal in the army had absolute power to come into your house to violate and harass you, your wife and kids and all you can do is keep quiet and nurse your pain unless you want your entire family to be wiped off . .

A time when Human rights activist were hounded and someone like Late Ken Sarowiwa was hanged for seeking better treatment of his kinsmen who were suffering the pain of nourishing the health of the Nation through unprecedented environmental degradation . .

How much was in our foreign reserve then . . .

A period when the likes of Lamido Sanusi,  Tunde Fashola, Rotimi Amaechi , Donald Duke and a host of others who brought changes to their immediate environment would have been suppressed . .

A period when the Dons of Universities lived like Paupers.

A period when the judiciary were gagged and were just monumental offices.

A period when cultism in our campus overshot it's threshhold level becoming so endemic in our tertiary institution.

A period where infrastructural growth as currently being experienced in Places Like Lagos and Cross River state where i resided mostly would have only being a mirage even with the so called PTDF money . .

A period that warranted and armed the men in Uniforms with immense wealth, who are now running the show in a democratic dispensation thereby infusing the military autocratic style in a democratic setting.

i can list  a whole lots of things that the masses suffered , but it appears you suffered non of this, or your family in one way or the other was connected to the Military top brass that milked this country dry . . .

Crimes are part of the society . . journalist being killed is a sour taste, if only our security outfit were better equipped to handle security matters . . That would only get better as we correct our infantile mistakes in our current democratic processes . .

imagine those days of Nitel where having phones was seen as a huge Luxury, but now even a gateman, an Okada man and even street beggers  shocked shocked proudly own cell phones . . . how about the internet . . .don't even go there   cry cry. .

[/size][/b]

[size=14pt]The fact that we can even complain and ask questions about the policies of our leaders is much more satisfying than any Military regime . . [/size]

[size=14pt]No matter how weak our democracy is . . it is better than the best Military regime cos the masses have a voice on how they are governed which the former lacks . [/size]
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by marychi18: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
BUHARI WILL NEVER WIN. EVEN HE,HIMSELF KNOWS DAT.

SO I JUST LAFF AT HIS MEDIOCRE SUPPORTERS. U R ONLY GON WASTE UR VOTES I'D SAY! tongue
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Excllncy(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
Oh my God!!!! Buhari +-IBB+-Atiku+-Chiroma = (   ). “Show men yours friends and I will tell you who you are”. I am more disappointed in Bakare than Buhari. Nigerians it’s left for us to decide.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by walata44(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2011
have always been a supporter of buhari. And could always defend his intergrity against anyone who claims to say he his an extremist and a religion fanatic, but his recent moves after the NASS elections has shrouded my view against him and his anti corruption stance he has decided to meet with IBB, ATIKU and other northern leaders it was even confirmed by his spokeman(yinka) who said buhari was not alone that he his with IBB, ATIKU. To change nigeria. What an ABBERATION!!!

Why do I have to add anything to this matter? Because, you said it all.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by IboMan1(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
Ba na so Buhari cool
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Coolabbie: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^ gbam
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by matoyeh(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
it becoming tougher!!!
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by IboMan1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2011
I dont believe in inviting history to repeat herself through our honorable general even if he has the support of the latter rain. There is no change when we invite those men of old. Our glorified general has nothing to offer this nation,leave the politicking for the new generation
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by BSF: 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2011
@DONLITTLE,

What exactly are U trying to pass across about this inflation thing. I read reports that indicate that naira will devalue to N200 b4 YE2011.

I need ur response
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Coolabbie: 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
Donlittle:

lol u feel me?? this ppl are sum bunch of adult who dnt knw poo about economy, oh well sebi they are talkin bout dangote na, haha they will talk bout donlittle in 2015.the 21 year old boy ruling lagos, haha i laugh them, just that sum innocent ppl like you will suffer a lil from there foolishness,
oh well nun of my biz
^ suffer ke? Olorun maje! I will not follow dese foolish people 2 eat of d food dat dey r preparing 4 demselves. My insurance dey kampe
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2011
I don't understand what all the fuss is abt. Did Buhari go and meet this people or beg them for their support?? They were the ones who came of their own volition to show support for him. Should he now chase them away with a koboko?? Even if he doesn't want to agree with them or associate with them at least he wuld meet wit them, that's only civil now, as they were d ones who came to meet him. Haba!!
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by passyjango(m): 6:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
jmaine:

Am surprised that people in this age believe our democratic experience is a huge mistake and we should have remained in the Military era of wanton assassination of progressives that sent the likes of Wole Soyinka, Late pa Pa Enahoro of blessed memory to escape the shores of this country .

Did you deduce this and the rest of the rubbish you posted from my post or are you just on crack? Instead of answering the critical questions you are busy spinning and beating about the bush. Did I support military rule in my post or you are just intellectually challenged? To refresh your memory I will repeat the question here.

Is the First Lady's office (Federal, States, and LGAs) still not used for money laundering?

So, what is the difference between IBB and the average Nigerian politician of today (GEJ inclusive)? For example, GEJ was a governor for 2 years, yet as part of his presidential campaign he cannot point to anything he achieved. All we are hearing is that he did not wear shoes to school.

So, why do we see the endorsement of GEJ by the governors as okay, but an endorsement from IBB as bad? Is IBB more dangerous to Nigeria than an average Nigerian governor? We really need to check our heads as we are allowing our biases to affect our thinking. IBB is no saint, but he is a lot better than some of the people in government today, even some of the ones we adore. So, let’s open our eyes and fight corruption of today. Yesterday is gone, today and tomorrow is what counts.
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by seguno2: 7:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
When he brags about his much vaunted prowess in “jailing corrupt public officials,” Buhari only exposes his lack of full understanding of what corruption is. Corruption is not all just about embezzled money. Corruption is also about power, and even more so, one can argue. By that yardstick, Buhari is the most corrupt himself: he usurped and misused power in Nigeria to perform dreadful and even criminal actions.

A symptom of power-corruption is using illegally obtained power with utter disregard for constituted law and order and elected government. When Buhari carried out a military coup to sack an elected government, he indicted himself as power-corrupt. In bragging about it, he makes the second point about power-corruption—arrogance. Years after essentially despoiling and destroying an elected government, Buhari insists to the hapless peoples residing in Nigeria that he will continue to try to seek the office of the president of Nigeria, no matter how many times he has to try! The "subtexted" message is that if military coups were still possible in Nigeria, he would have used that avenue once again to achieve his goal.

Military decrees are not laws: they are in fact military orders that must be carried out by civilian-citizenry, on penalty of death. Buhari set about issuing decrees and ensuring their enforcement In Nigeria between 1983 and 1985. During that period, due process, proper legal representation and process, presumption of innocence until formal trial and conviction, were trashed and would never be practiced as Buhari wielded the power of life and death over each single person and all living in Nigeria then.

The most unimaginable occurrence is when Buhari issued his Military decrees and then made them retroactive. Based on such cruel and unconscionable act and display of abuse of power, Buhari ordered the execution of persons who had earlier been convicted of drug offences well before his “regime terrible” locked down Nigeria.*The death of such prisoners as such is in fact an act of murder by a psychopath, Buhari. Corruption with power does not get much worse than that.

Buhari registered Nigeria as an Islamic nation with the OIC—the Organization of Islamic Conference, reserved for Muslim countries. There was no discussion with the rest of non-Muslim Nigeria who constitute over half of the population and who would have bluntly said “No” to that. But, Buhari “had the power” and exercised it, without qualms. How else would one define “power-drunk” and corruption with power?

Buhari had a chance to show remorse or at least render some accounting and accountability for his inimical activities as a Military ruler of Nigeria at the Oputa Commission, an event reminiscent of the much successful Truth and Reconciliation commission post-Apartheid South Africa. But in sheer arrogance and contempt, Buhari refused to show up. Not quite satisfied, he went to court after intimidating the judge(s) and won an injunction successfully prohibiting the government of Nigeria from ever making the Oputa findings public.

A society is always threatened by corruption in any form, but power-corruption is invariably more frightening, devastating and lethal than money-corruption. Yet, there is even more danger when a society fails to recognize that power-usurpation and abuse is a form of corruption—and deadly at that. This failure results in the unthinkable: that given their records, persons like Buhari would actually show their faces to contest for public office, and that society would tolerate that.

Today, the peoples living in Nigeria will be tempted to vote for any candidate who claims that he is an “anti-corruption agent.” Characteristically gullible or otherwise influenced by other criteria, many will actually vote for such a candidate without even checking out the candidate’s past (and without learning from previous votes for such candidates). When corruption is narrowly defined around money, the peoples are lulled into accepting such blinders and fail to realize that power-corruption is a more lethal form of corruption. Buhari is probably correct by claiming that he did not touch any public funds; that does not make him any less corrupt, however, considering how he acquired power and how he used it in Nigeria. All it proves is that money corruption and power-corruption can exist independently.

But, the greatest failing of the peoples living in Nigeria is the inability to realize that the main problem of Nigeria is not corruption. When a society has “meaningful options,” the incidence of corruption is low, and the chances of getting caught and convicted are high. Nigeria does not offer such meaningful options; it has actually worked very hard to restrict them, and Buhari represents one class of those who have made it so.

Predictably—and unfortunately—there is nothing coming out of the current elections that is going to change this picture. Unless, of course, the peoples living in Nigeria demand and get a restructuring of Nigeria along the lines of Self Determination: that’s when their options will open up and their potential, collectively and individually, will be fulfilled and even surpassed

NVS
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
NL polls shows Buhari is  by far the most popular:

No Shaking!!

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by jmaine: 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2011
passyjango:

[/size]

Did you deduce this and the rest of the rubbish you posted from my post or are you just on crack? Instead of answering the critical questions you are busy spinning and beating about the bush. Did I support military rule in my post or you are just intellectually challenged? To refresh your memory I will repeat the question here.

I personally think the word intellectual is being abused of recent on this land (nairaland.com) by people not fit to use that word  . .I commented about Buhari support of a repressive Military regime and how he claimed that Abacha never stole any money despite the obvious proofs . .and your lame self in trying to defend the indefensible started your response with this

How is the regime of Abacha different from the past 12 years?

and all i did was give you reasons why your first line of  statement killed all your intent and to let you know that democracy is much better than what your God Buhari stands for  . . which is repression .It's obvious you failed to digest most of the few points i listed, as that list could go on and on if we are to re-live the Military era. And your so called intellectual self failed to notice where i said that the people who hitherto were in uniforms that caused our pain and headaches in the past are now in Agbada running our democracy and by default importing and injecting the autocratic style of leadership into our democratic process. But the good news is that we are learning though in a hard way. Guess you never knew the import of what i wrote here:-

A period that warranted and armed the men in Uniforms with immense wealth, who are now running the show in a democratic dispensation thereby infusing the military autocratic style in a democratic setting.

Most of the questions you raised could be linked to this but you failed to think out of frustration rather claiming to be so intellectual . . shocked

your venom will get you no where . .so safe your frustration for the polls on Saturday . that is where it counts

I repeat : - The fact that we can even complain and ask questions about the policies of our leaders is much more satisfying than any Military regime . .

No matter how weak our democracy is . . it is better than the best Military regime cos the masses have a voice on how they are governed which the former lacks .
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Gen. Buhari Is Very Desperate To Become President. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Didn’t Adopt Jonathan – UPN / ​ Why EFCC Declared Omisore Wanted / Aregbesola Attends Nasfat's Rahmadan Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.