Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,911 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:26 PM

The Reality Of Life After Graduation - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Reality Of Life After Graduation (26125 Views)

Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by miraculousGod(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
Whatever course you studied, there is a way you can monetise your knowledge. I took up a teaching job after graduation and I'm feeding myself, paying my rent, I bought my laptop, now I'm learning new skills and attending other interviews. I realize that employer don't need your certificate (except govt and banks)., They need your skill. you can never be jobless if you have skills and know how to apply it.
learn how to create white board animation videos for just a token. also I create advert jingles and teach people how make it. my number is showing underneath this post

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
"Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.

I used to believe this way of thinking that people don't really care how u look, so I "used" to dress haggard and unkempt bt the truth is that looks is important, ur appearance matters, u need to dress like someone that has a proud home, someone that's alive, u need to appear that u have a family and u represent the image of how ur family is, u re a special ambassador and envoy of Nigeria to the French High commission that's how u dress! Remember, that phrase " U are addressed the way u dress" rings true to me! Looks matter than u think, even looking good makes u feel confident, important and welcoming! I discarded that old way of thinking, besides life is short y dress like a dead man while u re alive! Even if u re poor and wretched, nobody needs to know that!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by HarTech(m): 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:

You mind advising me on the right skills to acquire?
What kind of skills would you advise me to acquire, bro?
U can learn web development, software development...
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Exmilitant:
This post reeks of pessimism. Any informed person will get what he wants. A Korean told me that Nigeria is full of opportunities infact, Nigeria is the easiest country to make millions overnight, but we are just blind. Stop discouraging people, any determined graduate will make it.

For you see this opportunity you have to travel out, to see what is happening in these developed countries that hasn't been implemented here.

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by lekonso: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hi
blazepascal:
Life after graduation is not easy. Whether you studied a professional or non--professional course, you will suffer after school, but those that studied professional courses has a better chance of securing job in the labour market.
I repeat, life after school is not easy. This is not Nollywood. What you see on Nollywood is rare in reality.

While on campus, you can discover your gift and work hard to avoid suffering after school. Don't depend on people but rely on God. Hustle as a student, do business, organize campus fellowship to win souls, contest elections. Just engage in something that brings money because when you go broke, nobody will help you.
Academics won't give you money. It is better to try something and fail than not trying at all. If you contest election and lose, it teaches you something which political science cannot teach you. People are hungry, so they don't care about your manifesto or vision, if you don't help them financially, you will lose election or anything you are fighting for.

Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.
Learn from your father's mistakes, don't associate with people that never liked your father. If they never liked your father, they can never like you.

Don't allow yourself to be used without a reward. Before David accepted to kill goliath, he asked the people what shall be done for the man who kills Goliath. David wanted to make sure there is a reward before accepting the task.

If I mistakenly accept a job that doesn't fetch money, I instantly lose interest in that job and I won't put my energy in such useless Job.
"
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE"
It is not the reward that should be your motive behind anything you do in life, rather it is the benefit enjoyed by others from your efforts that counts. When you offer something of benefit to others no one can take your reward away from you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Itstrending: 7:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
investorMK:
Making money is easier for me than getting a particular girl........

Get information and u will be alright
show way abeg
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Komu1048(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:
It's not easy bro.

4 years after graduation, No job, No savings. Living from hand to mouth with underpaid jobs.
No hope in sight atall.

Bro na to learn skill sure pass, I tried all this I.T skill e no just work for me. I have to learn painting n it’s a decision I’m happy about. I dictate my fee, paid consultant fee by interior designer if I will follow them to site, and with little to know pressure...

It’s only ICT, elect elect n some engineering people that r cashing out in this country others na jus follow come.

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:49pm On Mar 09, 2021
Heathrow44:
"Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.

I used to believe this way of thinking that people don't really care how u look, so I "used" to dress haggard and unkempt bt the truth is that looks is important, ur appearance matters, u need to dress like someone that has a proud home, someone that's alive, u need to appear that u have a family and u represent the image of how ur family is, u re a special ambassador and envoy of Nigeria to the French High commission that's how u dress! Remember, that phrase " U are addressed the way u dress" rings true to me! Looks matter than u think, even looking good makes u feel confident, important and welcoming! I discarded that old way of thinking, besides life is short y dress like a dead man while u re alive! Even if u re poor and wretched, nobody needs to know that!
Salute
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by RedSquid: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

Which team?

Check my threads
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by RedSquid: 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2021
Xenry:
Life is actually tough. We came alone, live alone and will eventually leave alone. sad

Come and join my team. Check my threads. You'd be glad you did...
Collinsaik:
life after graduation for guys has never been eary . as for women theirs is relatively easy since after gradualtion a woman's next is finding a financialy stable young man to settle with. Ladies Una own beta shaa

Komu1048:

Bro na to learn skill sure pass, I tried all this I.T skill e no just work for me. I have to learn painting n it’s a decision I’m happy about. I dictate my fee, paid consultant fee by interior designer if I will follow them to site, and with little to know pressure...

It’s only ICT, elect elect n some engineering people that r cashing out in this country others na jus follow come.

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by ModestGal(f): 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2021
Op is 100% right
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2021
Jeffyblaq:

Salute

Yes, the society is trying to sniff out ur status, that's y certain people are respected in the banks and others are not, that's y some people feel less and inferior when they see people that are so dressed for the occasion, u begin to wonder who this person is, whereas the person is nobody buts dressed like somebody, I'm saying this cos I want someone to learn what someone special to me helped me realize at a point in my life few years ago, I'm special and my body needs good clothings, I need to look like someone that has self worth and value for his life not some low life that's looking dead even before he is ! Life is short, if u see a clothe u like from ur favorite clothing line, get it for urslf , u deserve it!

9 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by lanre88(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
We are looking out for those who are ready to be financially independent for the rest of their lives.

You must also be willing to help people around you achieve financial freedom. Our project is to help out people regardless of your status in the economy, either you are employed or not, educated or not.

Lets start working smart and not hard.

A word is enough...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by ModestGal(f): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
Heathrow44:

Me too, I used to not care about how I dress and look. But now, I package where I need to and trust me, even people would do favour for you because they will think, oh! She's a senators daughter and thus let me help her. They will help carry bags without asking, in fact some bank workers would come meet me and ask me what I need when I'm the last person on que. Nigerians are stupid and funny, they worship rich & influential people, and thus, once they sense you are one of them, then they get to help you without asking.
An average Nigerian is dumb, quote me any where. That's why they worship their oppressors

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by RedSquid: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Viccur:
Not easy, got a job in a real estate company as a marketer solely on commission. They are supposed to pay 5k every week as allowance. It's been 2 weeks now, nothing has been paid because no sales yet, well according to them. Man is left with just 3h now. It's not easy oo.

Check my threads if my projects interests you... If it does, message me on WhatsApp
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by RedSquid: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Igbankpa:
Not been easy man, got screened out of an interview yesterday after feeling really confident about getting the job. Haven't been myself since yesterday afternoon, feels like I'm gradually loosing my mind but thanks to my mum for always checking up on me and telling me sweet words of encouragement.

Check my threads if my projects interests you... If it does, message me on WhatsApp
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Usorohtheman(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
Life after graduation is not hard. Just take your life easy and things will fall in place. But do not allow yourself to be used by anyone. Know your worth and explore.

Humans are limitless if only we can think.

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by ModestGal(f): 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Noblejay7:
The truth is their are no jobs to go round. so please hide your certificate and enter the street. Hustle like you never went to school.

If you will keep pride aside you will definitely find what to do. Example;

1. Learn to code,
2. Tailoring
3.POS
4. Phone charging business
5. Extra lesson centre or run a maths cafe
6 teach musical instruments
7.learn to produce music
8 learn how to run a barber shop
9.learn a to drive earth moving machine
10 learn welding
11. run a mini business centre in a university
12. enrolled as a apprentice with a Igbo trader

By all means wake up in the morning and get going. Do the available until the desirable comes by.

I remember when this used to be my thoughts. About 5-6years ago. This is a true path to POVERTY and looking haggard. My statement is deep,so don't bother to think it over, you may never understand my point

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Gaiusc: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
[/quote]
You're right bruv, most students miss out on the important life lessons they're supposed to learn while in school. Your schooling year is the best time to try out new things(businesses,ideas etc)if you fail, you stil have the financial support of your guardians to fall back on but if you suceed......

Not everyone would suceed the career way, there are several emerging skills that you can learn and live a comfortable life on like UI/UX Design, Copywriting, Graphic Designing, Selling & Digital Marketing, Programming etc. The goodnews is some of these skills takes less than 3 months to learn, chose 1 and dedicate your time to it, within a shortwhile, you'll start reaping the rewards
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Consray(f): 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
blazepascal:
Go and acquire a skill
period!

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
Graduating in late 30s is suicidal,I have a brother that just graduated going to two years now and he still lives with us in a single room,I can imagine what’s going through is mind rn,ah swear

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by akpunda86: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
Luckyheart:
I have read a lot of write-ups/articles on this topic or something related to this topic and after thorough thinking I came up with a conclusion.
My conclusion is, "SO LONG AS THE GOVERNMENT DIDN'T FORCE/COERCE YOU TO SCHOOL, WHY THEN DO YOU EXPECT A JOB FROM THEM."?

If your "mindset" is to look for job after school, I am sorry who just wasted your whole years in school. You are in school to be creative/creators, to be thinkers, to think your way through life by the experience, lessons e.t.c you learnt from school so that you can stand out and become independent and not carry a piece of paper and be looking for what does not even exist. I have more to say, but let me stop here.

The only valid reason I will accept looking for job should be because you want to learn from your boss/job in case you want to establish your corporation for a limited amount of time, any other reason is invalid.

Confirmed guy. That's it. Thumbs up. I remember when I was working for somebody. I resigned and paid my boss a month salary cash. I looked at my colleagues and laughed. Wish they saw wat I was seeing. I left started tendering and tendering for jobs with PR. One clicked and rest history. Today I tank God
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by namiji2598: 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
RedSquid:

I graduated from a science faculty, not good in writing
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by MrWTF(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
BabaIbo:

Easier said than done.

Do you think starting a business is any easy?

FYI, it's tougher than being employed.
You’ve succeeded in deceiving a lot people on here about starting a business and growing it.

You are amongst the problems of Nigeria. You and the people who liked your post.

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by EbenezerTriumph: 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:
It's not easy bro.

4 years after graduation, No job, No savings. Living from hand to mouth with underpaid jobs.
No hope in sight atall.
how far you never still commit the suicide?
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by EbenezerTriumph: 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

If you have access to a laptop and a good internet connection, go and learn how to code. It is the best thing you will ever do for yourself.
see your mouth like say coding easy besides no be everybody Sabi maths cos you need the knowledge of maths so as to be able to learn how to code
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by jamiudinho(m): 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:
It's not easy bro.

No hope in sight atall.
omo me na factory worker collecting 50k

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by ugonna1054(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:

You mind advising me on the right skills to acquire?

What kind of skills would you advise me to acquire, bro?
Bro, you can acquire tech/programming skills, which is what's in vogue now, a lot of opportunities for tech folks nationally and internationally

Freecodecamp is a great place to start..

Goodluck smiley

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by jamiudinho(m): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2021
Exmilitant:
This post reeks of pessimism. Any informed person will get what he wants. A Korean told me that Nigeria is full of opportunities infact, Nigeria is the easiest country to make millions overnight, but we are just blind. Stop discouraging people, any determined graduate will make it.
u right Uber riders in Lagos make over 200k monthly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25? / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities / Igbinedion University Okada: Opinions Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.