Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

The Reality Of Life After Graduation - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Reality Of Life After Graduation (25718 Views)

Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by favor914: 1:15am On Mar 10, 2021
Nwaotu10:

It's not funny atall bro.
I've given up on Life.

There's no single hope to keep me going! cry cry
Brighten up yourself, just when you think the chance had past, Jehovah went & saved the best for last. Hope against hope. God will always make a way.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Athemisia: 2:24am On Mar 10, 2021
House1411:
You see this life ehemmmm omoh e tough o. Since I left NYSC no reasonable source of income. I can't even remember my dreams, depression has fccked everything up.

At a point I stopped praying for a job for myself, I started praying for every graduate without a job and facing financial crisis. Unemployment is tough and rough, the thing even pass one man.

Only thing I am thankful for is being alive. When there is life, there is hope. But when there is hunger it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

MODIFIED

]Please if you could loan out or gift out a laptop to learn programmingp I would be glad.
Or if you could give out a laptop so I could pay installment please help me. it's for programming
With your smart phone you can learn how to code. Yes that mobile device in your hand is way powerful than you think. Enter Google play store and download free code app that you can use.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Athemisia: 2:30am On Mar 10, 2021
ogub:
Become an entrepreneur build your own business
Entrepreneurship is easy. Don't let people decieve you. There are a lot of pains entrepreneur past through that they won't tell you. some are:
*Not receiving salary for as long as two years.
*Borrowing to pay debts.
*Never giving up despite huge failure.

The list goes on my dear.

# Being your own boss doesn't equally mean being financially stable.

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Munzy14(m): 5:29am On Mar 10, 2021
Ballary:

that is when you will know that you came alone in this world especially when you are from a struggling family.aviod anything that will bring liability and pursue anything that will bring investment.

don't allow women be your priority at this stage of life, rather you can have one that is intelligent and understanding, body no be firewood.
Word on marble....
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Munzy14(m): 5:39am On Mar 10, 2021
BabaIbo:

Easier said than done.

Do you think starting a business is any easy?

FYI, it's tougher than being employed.
Lol
That is the area people don't understand..It takes years to stand..But it is the best decision one can take.

When you have a business, Meeting the crème de la crème in the society is easier..If you are under employment, u only meet managers who give u instructions.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Munzy14(m): 5:44am On Mar 10, 2021
PointZerom:

Goan learn how to fabricate and fix aluminium windows.
Goan learn electrician.
Goan learn plumbing.
Goan learn how to produce paint/painting.
Exactly..

You forgot to add mechanic, auto electrician..
Welding.

These jobs fetch cash on a daily, but because of pride people shy away from it.

Some people in these jobs, their monthly income surpass some top shots in white collar jobs.

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Munzy14(m): 5:48am On Mar 10, 2021
illicit:
I have been teaching, and teaching is grossly underpaid....
Learn a skill that provides services and quit that teaching o, before it sets you on the journey of life regret..

Teaching that stresses you wit low pay is not worth it,unless you have other stream of income.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:43am On Mar 10, 2021
Today isn't the story of my life after graduation..but for me..It has been a blessing and chanlenges moment for me to achieved better future..Bros,all you need is focus, determination,set goals and lastly be prayful..I always looks for opportunities after graduation, They either comes directly or indirectly..best of luck to you Bros..
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:45am On Mar 10, 2021
Exmilitant:
This post reeks of pessimism. Any informed person will get what he wants. A Korean told me that Nigeria is full of opportunities infact, Nigeria is the easiest country to make millions overnight, but we are just blind. Stop discouraging people, any determined graduate will make it.
I think you're right..
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:47am On Mar 10, 2021
AntichristXXX:

Have you made millions?
It's not about million.. it's about good financial management...I don't make millions, but invest what we give me millions..
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by PointZerom: 6:52am On Mar 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Exactly..

You forgot to add mechanic, auto electrician..
Welding.

These jobs fetch cash on a daily, but because of pride people shy away from it.

Some people in these jobs, their monthly income surpass some top shots in white collar jobs.

Laziness and pride is killing the so called graduates.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Jacksparrow7(m): 6:53am On Mar 10, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

If you have access to a laptop and a good internet connection, go and learn how to code. It is the best thing you will ever do for yourself.
Does your coding fetch you money at least to take care of yourself??
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Fab21: 8:43am On Mar 10, 2021
I'm a fiction writer. here is my contact below 08132735608
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by MoneySavannah: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2021
Noblejay7:
The truth is their are no jobs to go round. so please hide your certificate and enter the street. Hustle like you never went to school.

If you will keep pride aside you will definitely find what to do. Example;

1. Learn to code,
2. Tailoring
3.POS
4. Phone charging business
5. Extra lesson centre or run a maths cafe
6 teach musical instruments
7.learn to produce music
8 learn how to run a barber shop
9.learn a to drive earth moving machine
10 learn welding
11. run a mini business centre in a university
12. enrolled as a apprentice with a Igbo trader

By all means wake up in the morning and get going. Do the available until the desirable comes by.

I am interested in 7
Any help?
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Pastorose: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2021
ModestGal:

I remember when this used to be my thoughts. About 5-6years ago. This is a true path to POVERTY and looking haggard. My statement is deep,so don't bother to think it over, you may never understand my point
please digress a little
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Maj196(m): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2021
Learn from your father's mistakes, don't associate with people that never liked your father. If they never liked your father, they can never like you... This is deep
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by JezCalMeJay(m): 9:18am On Mar 10, 2021
Luckyheart:
I have read a lot of write-ups/articles on this topic or something related to this topic and after thorough thinking I came up with a conclusion.
My conclusion is, "SO LONG AS THE GOVERNMENT DIDN'T FORCE/COERCE YOU TO SCHOOL, WHY THEN DO YOU EXPECT A JOB FROM THEM."?

If your "mindset" is to look for job after school, I am sorry who just wasted your whole years in school. You are in school to be creative/creators, to be thinkers, to think your way through life by the experience, lessons e.t.c you learnt from school so that you can stand out and become independent and not carry a piece of paper and be looking for what does not even exist. I have more to say, but let me stop here.

The only valid reason I will accept looking for job should be because you want to learn from your boss/job in case you want to establish your corporation for a limited amount of time, any other reason is invalid.

Unfortunately, our academic curriculum will only make one dependent and static.....

Lets be honest and true for once..

Our Educational system is bad too.

Lecturers teaching to where they know, no supportive means, i have to buy data to research myself and still no equipment to carry out research abi will i still get the microscope again

If homeschooling was accepted in this part of the world..it would have been good...

Please this is my own POV....

Being privileged should not be taken for granted...

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Fr33born(m): 10:09am On Mar 10, 2021
Noblejay7:
The truth is their are no jobs to go round. so please hide your certificate and enter the street. Hustle like you never went to school.

If you will keep pride aside you will definitely find what to do. Example;

1. Learn to code,
2. Tailoring
3.POS
4. Phone charging business
5. Extra lesson centre or run a maths cafe
6 teach musical instruments
7.learn to produce music
8 learn how to run a barber shop
9.learn a to drive earth moving machine
10 learn welding
11. run a mini business centre in a university
12. enrolled as a apprentice with a Igbo trader

By all means wake up in the morning and get going. Do the available until the desirable comes by.

Learning a skill is one thing, marketing your skill is another.
People usually think learning a particular skill is where it ends, knowing how to market it is even more difficult than learning a skill.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by denvers: 10:34am On Mar 10, 2021
Fr33born:

Learning a skill is one thing, marketing your skill is another.
People usually think learning a particular skill is where it ends, knowing how to market it is even more difficult than learning a skill.
You hit the nail on the head...
Kudos for this write up.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 10, 2021
Na so we see am o. Mine is 6 years now and I don tire cry. I apply to jobs daily but no concrete lead. I don give up start hustle, PLEASE I SELL QUALITY PALM OIL, CEREALS AND SPICES. Call or Whatsapp me via the number on the poster. I CAN ALSO HELP YOU MANAGE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS. Make una link up with una sister biko.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by ModestGal(f): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2021
Akamariner:

Quite modest, lol.
I understand you sha.
Go and get yourself a job and try to be real. Even if na cleaning Job, just go and do. Do away with anything fraudulent, including lieing up and down, and your life would become better. Wise up and enter the street to hustle, finally, leave Nairalan alone, stop wasting your time to be creating 1million accounts on nairaland and faking. A word is enough for the wise, and henceforth, do away with my posts, I dislike frauds and liers
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Posts: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2021
ModestGal:

Go and get yourself a job and try to be real. Even if na cleaning Job, just go and do. Do away with anything fraudulent, including lieing up and down, and your life would become better. Wise up and enter the street to hustle, finally, leave Nairalan alone, stop wasting your time to be creating 1million accounts on nairaland and faking. A word is enough for the wise, and henceforth, do away with my posts, I dislike frauds and liers
So true

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Gholdboi(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
Not easy at all... God help us all...
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2021
ModestGal:

Lol, even the confidence at which you said it baffles me, lol.
Ok, explaio your inferences, what gave you the assurance that i'm a fraudster.
lol.
and yea, i had 3nl account, one for bizness, and the other for whenever one was ban.
but calling me a fraudster and a lier? lol, have you ever been duped by me? explain.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Ibrocalculus(m): 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Contact for your data

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Goldbw122(m): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
The Reality Of Life After Graduation
Life after graduation is not easy, yeah infact school life is easy parental supporting you in all you do, and if you are wise you would learn to learn some still in school or outside all because it will definitely help, wisely, when you graduate hustling will not be like a new event for you infact it will be part of you,
Like when I was in school I was a fashion designer so when I have exam I will go and write and come back to work because I believe that in life if you don't help your self no one will, and if people want to help you it is what you have that they will use to help u.
So I work everyday, I look for job when when am still working as a fashion designer and my work is doing fine.. so my advice to student in school do well, and get a will before you graduate a nice skill that my fellow naira land have listed... God help us
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Amanetali44: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
graduation is a basic and success part of our life, but after graduation getting a Job in very hard in Pakistan, There is a cycle try to understand to get a job you need experience, and for experience you need a job, in this cycle we do nor stable our self i try to find jobs on https://jobie.pk/job and i am success.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Munzy14(m): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
PointZerom:

Laziness and pride is killing the so called graduates.

True talk.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 10, 2021
JezCalMeJay:

Unfortunately, our academic curriculum will only make one dependent and static.....

Lets be honest and true for once..

Our Educational system is bad too.

Lecturers teaching to where they know, no supportive means, i have to buy data to research myself and still no equipment to carry out research abi will i still get the microscope again

If homeschooling was accepted in this part of the world..it would have been good...

Please this is my own POV....

Being privileged should not be taken for granted...

You are right.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
shegzhkn:

Lol, And will Nigeria higher institutions actually teach you to be a creator ??

It is the ingenuity in an individual that can help and it also require significant amount of resources to become anything tangible.

Got it ??

With all due respect, re-read my comment again.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
akpunda86:

Confirmed guy. That's it. Thumbs up. I remember when I was working for somebody. I resigned and paid my boss a month salary cash. I looked at my colleagues and laughed. Wish they saw wat I was seeing. I left started tendering and tendering for jobs with PR. One clicked and rest history. Today I tank God

Glory to God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are Some Must Read Books For People In Their 20s? / Fine Collections Of Fascinating Photos Around The World / ASUU Strike Continues As FG Frustrates Senate - ASUU Negotiations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.