Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

The Reality Of Life After Graduation - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Reality Of Life After Graduation (25703 Views)

Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Sukkyy2010: 8:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Some of us as a graduate are not humble enough to take the low esteem job that full out there instead we focus and target those white collar job that worth boasting of.

This is my testimony, immediately I graduated I was so desperate to get job so I was not selective at all. My first job was a security job which I worked as a Guard of which only few of fresh graduate can take such job because it was such a low esteem job. I worked 2yrs as guard with 30k salary and later quited the job and reapply for another security relative job of which I had the grace and mercy of God in the job I was promoted to become a supervisor with 50k salary.

For God so good I was blessed by God through the MD of the firm with sum of 120k for my performance quality worked according to her(MD)/of which I knew to myself that it was God work because I didn't see any thing extra ordinary in my work.

That was how I made my first 300k( with some additional fund I had In my bank account all through this security job included.)

I was so determined with my saving plan amid of which I abstain from ladies in other to remain focus and to avoid unnecessary expenses. I quited security job last year November and initiate a small scale business that I was advise to engage here in NL and now I'm making average of 3k daily net income after deduction of expenses incurred.

What I'm insinuating as a point is we can start from mud and rise to the zenith...you see all those dirty job sometimes comprises an hidden treasure but being a graduate we do neglect such job to embrace sound job with empty substance.

Let me blow your mind, from my small scale business I've made 150k from it this year despite it a fresh growing business.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by jambite2021: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
True, been thinking about this too although am not sure if I will be able to cope with this if I take a time consuming course like Civil Engineering.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by heniford2: 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2021
blazepascal:
go and get a life
you get life like you dey so
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by kc4christ(m): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:

I don't have a laptop. No money to buy one as well.

Ok then, thanks!
. bros I greet u oo

no money no problem

just look around you find a service u can render for money or learn a skill people need everyday like servicing of bike or any thing.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Setursight(m): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
one thing undergrad never learn or learnt too late is that " a degree does not owes you a job".
proactivity leads to productivity.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Ellydric: 9:18pm On Mar 09, 2021
huuum, inside life. no connect no job, friends will also avoid you. This is my 11 year.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nwaotu10(m): 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
how far you never still commit the suicide?

That will be after my dad's burial bro.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by The5DME(m): 9:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Make una no dey make we Jambite fear na.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by VanBommel(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:
It's not easy bro.

4 years after graduation, No job, No savings. Living from hand to mouth with underpaid jobs.
No hope in sight atall.
it is well
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Komu1048(m): 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
RedSquid:

Come and join my team. Check my threads. You'd be glad you did...

I think you should come n learn painting from me n ur life will never remain the same

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
ModestGal:

I remember when this used to be my thoughts. About 5-6years ago. This is a true path to POVERTY and looking haggard. My statement is deep,so don't bother to think it over, you may never understand my point
Quite modest, lol.
I understand you sha.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by shegzhkn: 9:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Luckyheart:
I have read a lot of write-ups/articles on this topic or something related to this topic and after thorough thinking I came up with a conclusion.
My conclusion is, "SO LONG AS THE GOVERNMENT DIDN'T FORCE/COERCE YOU TO SCHOOL, WHY THEN DO YOU EXPECT A JOB FROM THEM."?

If your "mindset" is to look for job after school, I am sorry who just wasted your whole years in school. You are in school to be creative/creators, to be thinkers, to think your way through life by the experience, lessons e.t.c you learnt from school so that you can stand out and become independent and not carry a piece of paper and be looking for what does not even exist. I have more to say, but let me stop here.

The only valid reason I will accept looking for job should be because you want to learn from your boss/job in case you want to establish your corporation for a limited amount of time, any other reason is invalid.

Lol, And will Nigeria higher institutions actually teach you to be a creator ??

It is the ingenuity in an individual that can help and it also require significant amount of resources to become anything tangible.

Got it ??
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by EbenezerTriumph: 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nwaotu10:

That will be after my dad's burial bro.
lol funny guy grin
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nwaotu10(m): 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
ModestGal:

I remember when this used to be my thoughts. About 5-6years ago. This is a true path to POVERTY and looking haggard. My statement is deep,so don't bother to think it over, you may never understand my point

Brotherly, how did you later make it?
You mind giving me an insight?

Depression is eating me deeply bro.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by jackfj: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2021
Sukkyy2010:
Some of us as a graduate are not humble enough to take the low esteem job that full out there instead we focus and target those white collar job that worth boasting of.

This is my testimony, immediately I graduated I was so desperate to get job so I was not selective at all. My first job was a security job which I worked as a Guard of which only few of fresh graduate can take such job because it was such a low esteem job. I worked 2yrs as guard with 30k salary and later quited the job and reapply for another security relative job of which I had the grace and mercy of God in the job I was promoted to become a supervisor with 50k salary.

For God so good I was blessed by God through the MD of the firm with sum of 120k for my performance quality worked according to her(MD)/of which I knew to myself that it was God work because I didn't see any thing extra ordinary in my work.

That was how I made my first 300k( additional fund I had I my bank account all through this security job included.)

I was so determined with my saving plan amid of which I abstain from ladies in other to remain focus and to avoid unnecessary expenses. I quited security job last year November and initiate a small scale business that I was advise to engage here in NL and now I'm making average of 3k daily net income after deduction of expenses incurred.

What I'm insinuating as a point is we can start from mud and rise to the zenith...you see all those dirty job sometimes comprises an hidden treasure but being a graduate we do neglect such job to embrace sound job with empty substance.

Let me blow your mind, from my small scale business I've made 150k from it

this year despite it a fresh growing business.

Bro please i will like to learn the trade too

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nwaotu10(m): 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
lol funny guy grin

It's not funny atall bro.
I've given up on Life.

There's no single hope to keep me going! cry cry

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by sacajawea: 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
It's not easy.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by medexico(m): 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
blazepascal:
Life after graduation is not easy. Whether you studied a professional or non--professional course, you will suffer after school, but those that studied professional courses has a better chance of securing job in the labour market.
I repeat, life after school is not easy. This is not Nollywood. What you see on Nollywood is rare in reality.

While on campus, you can discover your gift and work hard to avoid suffering after school. Don't depend on people but rely on God. Hustle as a student, do business, organize campus fellowship to win souls, contest elections. Just engage in something that brings money because when you go broke, nobody will help you.
Academics won't give you money. It is better to try something and fail than not trying at all. If you contest election and lose, it teaches you something which political science cannot teach you. People are hungry, so they don't care about your manifesto or vision, if you don't help them financially, you will lose election or anything you are fighting for.

Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.
Learn from your father's mistakes, don't associate with people that never liked your father. If they never liked your father, they can never like you.

Don't allow yourself to be used without a reward. Before David accepted to kill goliath, he asked the people what shall be done for the man who kills Goliath. David wanted to make sure there is a reward before accepting the task.

If I mistakenly accept a job that doesn't fetch money, I instantly lose interest in that job and I won't put my energy in such useless Job.
"
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE"

But people will say "at least you are doing something" or "find something doing"
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by zcee: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
As I dey school now about to graduate I just dey use my head wella...
I have course and school mates mostly guys that buy designers wears to impress the public or women with the little they can save..

Most of them don't know how life is after school, it's not easy at all..

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by zcee: 10:33pm On Mar 09, 2021
[quote author=jackfj post=99751583][/quote]bro wat kind of small scale business..
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by tunjilee003: 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
Noblejay7:
The truth is their are no jobs to go round. so please hide your certificate and enter the street. Hustle like you never went to school.

If you will keep pride aside you will definitely find what to do. Example;

1. Learn to code,
2. Tailoring
3.POS
4. Phone charging business
5. Extra lesson centre or run a maths cafe
6 teach musical instruments
7.learn to produce music
8 learn how to run a barber shop
9.learn a to drive earth moving machine
10 learn welding
11. run a mini business centre in a university
12. enrolled as a apprentice with a Igbo trader

By all means wake up in the morning and get going. Do the available until the desirable comes by.

you forgot to add laundry and drycleaning business...

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by zcee: 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
Noblejay7:
The truth is their are no jobs to go round. so please hide your certificate and enter the street. Hustle like you never went to school.

If you will keep pride aside you will definitely find what to do. Example;

1. Learn to code,
2. Tailoring
3.POS
4. Phone charging business
5. Extra lesson centre or run a maths cafe
6 teach musical instruments
7.learn to produce music
8 learn how to run a barber shop
9.learn a to drive earth moving machine
10 learn welding
11. run a mini business centre in a university
12. enrolled as a apprentice with a Igbo trader

By all means wake up in the morning and get going. Do the available until the desirable comes by.

Lol, number 12 is what am doing now till I graduate..

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Caleycashh: 10:40pm On Mar 09, 2021
Heathrow44:
"Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.

I used to believe this way of thinking that people don't really care how u look, so I "used" to dress haggard and unkempt bt the truth is that looks is important, ur appearance matters, u need to dress like someone that has a proud home, someone that's alive, u need to appear that u have a family and u represent the image of how ur family is, u re a special ambassador and envoy of Nigeria to the French High commission that's how u dress! Remember, that phrase " U are addressed the way u dress" rings true to me! Looks matter than u think, even looking good makes u feel confident, important and welcoming! I discarded that old way of thinking, besides life is short y dress like a dead man while u re alive! Even if u re poor and wretched, nobody needs to know that!
I guess the reason why he said that is cus of our mentality in this country!... most people will just dislike/hate you cus you dress and look good. they won't even help or connect you with something you can actually do due to jealousy or whatever the hell that goes thru their minds, my recent girlfriend was also passiong through same jealousy shit where I work as a property agent, most of her fellow girls just hate her cus she looks so pretty and dresses so nice, whenever she passes they always say bad about her. then I got to get close to her. she's so nice and lovely, hardly gets angry/pissed off which most of the girls within that environment does... people are so hard to please and I really don't know why, we pepper dem more now. if dem like make dem die out of jealousy and hatred what matters is our Love and I thank God for her everyday. truly you came to this world alone and will leave alone!

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by akigbemaru: 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
blazepascal:
Life after graduation is not easy. Whether you studied a professional or non--professional course, you will suffer after school, but those that studied professional courses has a better chance of securing job in the labour market.
I repeat, life after school is not easy. This is not Nollywood. What you see on Nollywood is rare in reality.

While on campus, you can discover your gift and work hard to avoid suffering after school. Don't depend on people but rely on God. Hustle as a student, do business, organize campus fellowship to win souls, contest elections. Just engage in something that brings money because when you go broke, nobody will help you.
Academics won't give you money. It is better to try something and fail than not trying at all. If you contest election and lose, it teaches you something which political science cannot teach you. People are hungry, so they don't care about your manifesto or vision, if you don't help them financially, you will lose election or anything you are fighting for.

Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.
Learn from your father's mistakes, don't associate with people that never liked your father. If they never liked your father, they can never like you.

Don't allow yourself to be used without a reward. Before David accepted to kill goliath, he asked the people what shall be done for the man who kills Goliath. David wanted to make sure there is a reward before accepting the task.

If I mistakenly accept a job that doesn't fetch money, I instantly lose interest in that job and I won't put my energy in such useless Job.
"
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE"
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Hahjascho(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Heathrow44:
"Don't wear expensive clothes to impress people because nobody really care about your appearance. You can use the money for expensive clothes to better your life. You don't need to be buying plenty clothes, you can manage the little you have, iron it and wear.

I used to believe this way of thinking that people don't really care how u look, so I "used" to dress haggard and unkempt bt the truth is that looks is important, ur appearance matters, u need to dress like someone that has a proud home, someone that's alive, u need to appear that u have a family and u represent the image of how ur family is, u re a special ambassador and envoy of Nigeria to the French High commission that's how u dress! Remember, that phrase " U are addressed the way u dress" rings true to me! Looks matter than u think, even looking good makes u feel confident, important and welcoming! I discarded that old way of thinking, besides life is short y dress like a dead man while u re alive! Even if u re poor and wretched, nobody needs to know that!
No matter the situation or conditions, appearance is key o. Don't be received.

The present Nigerians are too bored to think otherwise.

Dress your best. But don't over impress.

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Hahjascho(m): 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
Heathrow44:

No matter the situation or conditions, appearance is key o. Don't be deceived.

The present Nigerians are too bored to think otherwise.

Dress your best. But don't know over impress.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Diamondsaheed(m): 11:28pm On Mar 09, 2021
I pick used pet bottles to raise funds for my d skill I aquire
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 10, 2021
which one is don't wear expensive cloth, manage the ones ....etc

Please always look good and dress well while in school.
Live within your means.
Learn as much as you can outside your chosen course of study.
Be sharp to key into emerging technologies and don't be ignorant of too many things

No matter how much you try to save by not wearing expensive clothing, it still won't determine how things would turn out for you.
Cos las las you will spend the saving on the most useless thing.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 12:39am On Mar 10, 2021
medexico:

But people will say "at least you are doing something" or "find something doing"
broke man mentality
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by blazepascal(m): 12:42am On Mar 10, 2021
millionboi:
some ppl no go still bliv you
its left for them I have said mine
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Mightyguy(m): 1:03am On Mar 10, 2021
jamiudinho:

omo me na factory worker collecting 50k
bro abeg connect me. I dey find work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Students Pay ‘mercenaries’ To Write Final-year Projects / LASG Warns Against Sharing Child Porn / UNIMAID Student Made An Autonomous Robot (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.