Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,605 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

The Reality Of Life After Graduation - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Reality Of Life After Graduation (26134 Views)

Al-Ameen: Bayero University First Class Graduate Dies A Day After Graduation / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by mekiluv01: 4:49pm On Mar 10, 2021
Exmilitant:
This post reeks of pessimism. Any informed person will get what he wants. A Korean told me that Nigeria is full of opportunities infact, Nigeria is the easiest country to make millions overnight, but we are just blind. Stop discouraging people, any determined graduate will make it.

Indeed you're a militant ���
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by mekiluv01: 4:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by mekiluv01: 5:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
I think you're right..

How is he right? Tell me.

He himself said any informed person will get what he wants. To be informed means to be skillful, to be knowledgeable, to have something to offer. All these are what #blazepascal was trying to say.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by illicit(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Munzy14:

Learn a skill that provides services and quit that teaching o, before it sets you on the journey of life regret..

Teaching that stresses you wit low pay is not worth it,unless you have other stream of income.

You are right....

I am quitting soon
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Kingsi22(m): 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
illicit:

You are right....

I am quitting soon

Please Learn a skill before you quit

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by SimeonOTC(m): 8:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
Sukkyy2010:
Some of us as a graduate are not humble enough to take the low esteem job that full out there instead we focus and target those white collar job that worth boasting of.

This is my testimony, immediately I graduated I was so desperate to get job so I was not selective at all. My first job was a security job which I worked as a Guard of which only few of fresh graduate can take such job because it was such a low esteem job. I worked 2yrs as guard with 30k salary and later quited the job and reapply for another security relative job of which I had the grace and mercy of God in the job I was promoted to become a supervisor with 50k salary.

For God so good I was blessed by God through the MD of the firm with sum of 120k for my performance quality worked according to her(MD)/of which I knew to myself that it was God work because I didn't see any thing extra ordinary in my work.

That was how I made my first 300k( additional fund I had I my bank account all through this security job included.)

I was so determined with my saving plan amid of which I abstain from ladies in other to remain focus and to avoid unnecessary expenses. I quited security job last year November and initiate a small scale business that I was advise to engage here in NL and now I'm making average of 3k daily net income after deduction of expenses incurred.

What I'm insinuating as a point is we can start from mud and rise to the zenith...you see all those dirty job sometimes comprises an hidden treasure but being a graduate we do neglect such job to embrace sound job with empty substance.

Let me blow your mind, from my small scale business I've made 150k from it this year despite it a fresh growing business.

bro thanks for this.
trust me, this your foot step is what am currently following..
am a fresh graduate currently earn 25k. manage to save 250k after my service which is risen to 300k and will be stopping work to start my own business come April nxt month..

3 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by LongNipple(m): 12:21am On Mar 11, 2021
Nigerian Youths Can Start By Doing Network Marketing. I think youths shouldn't look down on it but instead look on the bright side that they would be Sharpening their LIFE SKILLS.

Becos of Network Marketing, I have developed.
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Social Media Marketing
- Emotional Intelligence
- People Management Skills.
- Time Delivery
- Customer Service Skills
- Patience
- Ability to Stay Motivated Especially When things are rough and biz is low.
- Ability To Handle Rejection
- CONFIDENCE

These are skills I developed on my own by marketing and selling products becos as a Networker, you are an Entrepreneur and these skills would never be taken away from me.

Studied Geography. I was teaching in a School before but I left and I'm am not regretting it at all. Though I think Nigeria keeps producing so many Graduates every year and that's becos Nigeria laid so much emphasis on Certificate.

Then people would say "It's not by force you practice what you read it school. Is it not people that studied Yoruba language in the Bank" The main thing is to be a graduate.
Becos of it, u too will now rush and study yoruba in uni then come out and discover you can't even work in the Bank.

Most people entered school due to Peer Pressure. Some entered school just to answer "Am A Graduate". Others were forced to enter school by their Parents. These ones were the ones that didn't know why they were in School.

Now everyone is out of school and the reality has become crystal clear.

I believe the future would be bright for everyone sooner than you think.

I also think we need your do some future projections. We need to Research and envision where the world is moving and get there.

In 10 yrs from now, will that your certificate/skill still be Relevant
In 20 yrs from now, will that your job still be Relevant

What are the Skills of the next Decade?
What are the Skills of the next 2-3 Decade?

The World Is Evolving. The World Is Moving.
I don't believe in just rushing to learn skills like some people mentioned here.
The question is, the Tailoring skill or hat making skill you are learning now, in 10 years time, will it still be RELEVANT in the market of the future

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by BabaIbo: 10:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol
That is the area people don't understand..It takes years to stand..But it is the best decision one can take.

When you have a business, Meeting the crème de la crème in the society is easier..If you are under employment, u only meet managers who give u instructions.

No be lie.

May God bless our various businesses, finances and business premises, Amen!

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by BabaIbo: 10:11pm On Mar 13, 2021
MrWTF:
You’ve succeeded in deceiving a lot people on here about starting a business and growing it.

You are amongst the problems of Nigeria. You and the people who liked your post.

Keep quiet please!

Who is this one, do you think everyone is a fake person like you?

Check my profile for more info about it.

At first I was planning to start the business with 200k but when I made the move, the money I spent in putting my business premises in place alone is approximately double of that if not more than double.
I don't want to go into the business capital because how I did it is by God's grace and wisdom.
There are things I can't disclose to you, things like business type, level or scale of business etc.

How I wish I can give you my shop location, so that you can visit me and see for yourself but I won't do that because I also use this account for trolling.

Those who own businesses understand what I typed there.
By business, I mean buying and selling not handwork like shoe building, farming etc.
I'm not in anyway shaming those ones but I'm just letting you you know. Even those ones have their own challenges.

Remember there are competitors that were there before you joined, that alone is a challenge on its own.

The truth is always bitter, I doubt if you have invested your own money in a new business before, if you have you won't open your mouth to spew this trash.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by MrWTF(m): 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2021
BabaIbo:

Keep quiet please!

Who is this one, do you think everyone is a fake person like you?

Check my profile for more info about it.

At first I was planning to start the business with 200k but when I made the move, the money I spent in putting my business premises in place alone is approximately double of that if not more than double.
I don't want to go into the business capital because how I did it is by God's grace and wisdom.
There are things I can't disclose to you, things like business type, level or scale of business etc.

How I wish I can give you my shop location, so that you can visit me and see for yourself but I won't do that because I also use this account for trolling.

Those who own businesses understand what I typed there.
By business, I mean buying and selling not handwork like shoe building, farming etc.
I'm not in anyway shaming those ones but I'm just letting you you know. Even those ones have their own challenges.

Remember there are competitors that were there before you joined, that alone is a challenge on its own.

The truth is always bitter, I doubt if you have invested your own money in a new business before, if you have you won't open your mouth to spew this trash.
You are looking for how to start a business with 150k - 200k and you have the effrontery to tell me to keep quiet?

See, there are people way above your level. Just shift Abeg!
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by BabaIbo: 7:10am On Mar 14, 2021
MrWTF:
You are looking for how to start a business with 150k - 200k and you have the effrontery to tell me to keep quiet?

See, there are people way above your level. Just shift Abeg!

Are you this daft?

That was at the initial stage. It seems you don't know how to read.
That money is not even up to half of what I later spent in setting up the shop.

BTW, even Innoson, Obijackson, Ibeto, Dangote, Otedola, Mike Adenuga etc. get people that are way above their levels, you no get talk.

The question is "what has your mumu self done other than going around social media and tackling people blindly".

For you to know how challenging business can be, unlike when a rich and connected kid is given/offered a job where he enjoys, if he ventures into a business(even if it is an established one i.e the one is dad or mon is doing) even with enough capital and already made market, e go still face the challenge. Talk more of a new business.

I'm done discussing with you on this.

Happy Sunday!
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by MrWTF(m): 1:47pm On Mar 15, 2021
BabaIbo:

Are you this daft?

That was at the initial stage. It seems you don't know how to read.
That money is not even up to half of what I later spent in setting up the shop.

BTW, even Innoson, Obijackson, Ibeto, Dangote, Otedola, Mike Adenuga etc. get people that are way above their levels, you no get talk.

The question is "what has your mumu self done other than going around social media and tackling people blindly".

For you to know how challenging business can be, unlike when a rich and connected kid is given/offered a job where he enjoys, if he ventures into a business(even if it is an established one i.e the one is dad or mon is doing) even with enough capital and already made market, e go still face the challenge. Talk more of a new business.

I'm done discussing with you on this.

Happy Sunday!
Hello kid,

When starting a business, you pass through some challenges aside financial challenges.

These challenges are bound to happen in any business so as to know the market strategy et all.

When the company has undergone these challenges and come out strong, you then know working for someone for 35 years is the scam of the century.

I know you don’t understand what I’m saying. Cos you are a coward who chickened out of business cos of the challenges.

Learn to grow something. Stop being a slave.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by BabaIbo: 8:33am On Mar 16, 2021
MrWTF:
Hello kid,

When starting a business, you pass through some challenges aside financial challenges.

These challenges are bound to happen in any business so as to know the market strategy et all.

When the company has undergone these challenges and come out strong, you then know working for someone for 35 years is the scam of the century.

I know you don’t understand what I’m saying. Cos you are a coward who chickened out of business cos of the challenges.

Learn to grow something. Stop being a slave.

See this fo..ol.

Challenges exist in all stages of a business not just the starting stage.

Oh, you thought I quitted my business.
"Your idiocy is irredeemable"!
☺️�

You are a mor.on, I have a business and it is doing fine and grows everyday.

Fo...ols like you make use of social media to insult and talk to people you can't insult or talk to in real(physical) life.

When people who have experienced something tell it to people like you, it doesn't mean they quitted. It means they want you to know the real situation.

I won't reply you after this unless you have an existing business like I do.

Little kid, hurry up and go join your mates in school.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by MrWTF(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2021
BabaIbo:

See this fo..ol.

Challenges exist in all stages of a business not just the starting stage.

Oh, you thought I quitted my business.
"Your idiocy is irredeemable"!
☺️�

You are a mor.on, I have a business and it is doing fine and grows everyday.

Fo...ols like you make use of social media to insult and talk to people you can't insult or talk to in real(physical) life.

When people who have experienced something tell it to people like you, it doesn't mean they quitted. It means they want you to know the real situation.

I won't reply you after this unless you have an existing business like I do.

Little kid, hurry up and go join your mates in school.
See the way you are ranting like a typical frustrated Nigerian.

If you are business oriented, you won’t discourage people from venturing into business.

I’m using your word against u Mr Dummy.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by christistruth01: 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Fr33born:

Learning a skill is one thing, marketing your skill is another.
People usually think learning a particular skill is where it ends, knowing how to market it is even more difficult than learning a skill.

If you learn a Marketable Skill your Customers will come looking for you wherever you are they will be dragging you for Work.

You learn a skill that has too much demand and not nearly enough supply.
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by jamiudinho(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2021
Mightyguy:
bro abeg connect me. I dey find work
WhatsApp me now 0817231681
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Mightyguy(m): 8:44am On Apr 16, 2021
jamiudinho:

WhatsApp me now 0817231681
boss, the digits isn't complete
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by jamiudinho(m): 3:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
Mightyguy:
boss, the digits isn't complete
Re: The Reality Of Life After Graduation by Kalubolt(m): 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
tochi674:
am in my finals, and I know the fact that there's no job outside waiting 4 me....me I calm down learn how to drive... I drive to sustain myself...
You're on the right path bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gang Members Force Lecturer Out Of UNIBEN Nigeria / Should My Daughter Still Go To Airforce School / Is It Late To Study Medicine At Age 25?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.