Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family (36954 Views)

Teni Hailed For Juggling Football With Her Chest (Photos) / Lucy Leaves Rudeboy Records Over Family Drama / Lola Omotayo Breaks Silence On "Using Juju To Split P'square's Family" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 09, 2021
PETER OKOYE RECEIVES PRAISES FOR CHOOSING LOLA OMOTAYO OVER FAMILY BUSINESS AFTER MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY’S EXPLOSIVE INTERVIEW

Following the explosive interview that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had with Oprah Winfrey on the challenges faced in the royal family, Nigerians on social media have heaped praises on singer Peter Okoye of dysfunction Psquare group, for saving his marriage to Lola.

It would be recalled that in an explosive interview with talkshow host, Oprah Winfrey, Markle noted that she faced hostility from royals while she lived in the palace due to her race, an act that prompted her husband, Prince Harry, to step down from royal duties and relocated to America with her.

In  same measure, popular singer, Peter Okoye, fondly called Mr P ― one half of the defunct singing group, P Square had walked out of his family business years ago for his wife, Lola Omotayo’s sake.

It has been alleged that the music group, which consisted of twin brothers, Peter and Paul, began having cracks after Mr P decided to marry Lola. It was also rumoured that their mother was not in support of the marriage before her death, but the singer went ahead to fulfil his wishes.

Well, Nigerians have now compared Peter Okoye to Prince Harry on social media and heaped praises on him.

A Nigerian journalist, Joey Akan tweeted, “Peter Okoye (Mr P) did more than Harry to protect his wife. Fought his family and left them; quarrelled with his twin, scattered Psquare ― a legacy world-beating successful music group ― for his wife. But he was still villainized here by men and women. Is he not a Nigerian man?”

A Twitter user, @uncle_ajala, wrote, “When Peter Okoye ( P Square) stood with his wife against his family’s wish, moral lessons, praise & worship were not flying up and down. Now that Prince Harry is standing with Meghan against the royal family, see praise & worship of Harry & dragging of Nigerian men up and down.”

Another Twitter user, @Letter_to_Jack, in several tweets, queried why Peter Okoye was not praised the way everyone was hailing Prince Harry.

He wrote, “Peter Okoye was not celebrated this way for standing with his wife against his family. Why?? I mean the story kinda looks similar in a way.

“At least Harry has been getting multi-million dollar deals and there are more waiting in line for him. What did Peter Okoye get in return? But Nigerian men should learn one or two from Harry and not our very own poor Peter.”

African god, with the handle @theafricangod, hailed the singer by writing, “We should celebrate Peter Okoye for standing for his wife against his family. The only difference between Harry and Peter is that the former is royalty while the latter is not. Peter Okoye, na man you be.”

https://allure.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/peter-okoye-receives-praises-for-choosing-lola-omotayo/amp/

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 09, 2021
Who are the Nigerians?

Are we now in a generation of reverse psychology?

Someone who is under the manipulation of evil forces....Praise for what exactly?

May we never marry a woman that we will have to defend to the point of leaving our inheritance, brothers and sisters and the whole family at Large.....

A united family breeds Inner Peace....

240 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Monogamy: 6:21am On Mar 09, 2021
Happiness matters

I really don't know why happiness of others should be giving other people sadness

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by chatinent: 6:23am On Mar 09, 2021
The mother not being in support of the marriage isn't a public matter.

It was her own decision.

He made the decision he felt was right for him.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Monogamy: 6:25am On Mar 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Who are the Nigerians?

Someone who is under the manipulation of evil forces..

May we never marry a woman that we will have to defend to the point of leaving our inheritance, brothers and sisters and the whole family at Large.....

Should we say Harry is also under the manipulation of evil forces for walking out from his Royal family?

215 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by danietohbadt(m): 6:28am On Mar 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Who are the Nigerians?

Someone who is under the manipulation of evil forces..

What about Prince Harry?

Is he under some manipulation of evil forces too?

It's 2021 oga.

Wake up and stop being archaic.

215 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 09, 2021
Monogamy:

Should we say Harry is also under the manipulation of evil forces for walking out from his Royal family?

A woman who dumped her husband of 4 years just because she was eyeing prince harry is good as been devilish and manipulative..

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Monogamy: 6:33am On Mar 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:

A woman who dumped her husband of 4 years just because she was eyeing prince harry is good as been devilish and manipulative..

You are really funny oo..

What's your definition of dumping her 4 years husband?

Do you expect her to have remained in her previous marriage even if she wasn't happy?

Please tell me what I am not understanding

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 09, 2021
danietohbadt:

What about Prince Harry?

Is he under some manipulation of evil forces too?

It's 2021 oga.

Wake up and stop being archaic.

2021 should breed good women not shebas like lola.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Skyfornia(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2021
angry
Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 09, 2021
Monogamy:

You are really funny oo..

What's your definition of dumping her 4 years husband?

Do you expect her to have remained in her previous marriage even if she wasn't happy?

Please tell me what I am not understanding

You aren't understanding anything.

Moreover Harry issues is left for britain to dictate, handle and air their views while peters issue is left for ndigbo to look into it and know that something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Something has gone wrong somewhere.

19 Likes

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Monogamy: 6:38am On Mar 09, 2021
Juliusmalema:

You aren't understanding anything.

Moreover Harry issues is left for britain to dictate, handle and air their views while peters issue is left for ndigbo to look into it and know that something is definitely wrong somewhere.

Something has gone wrong somewhere.

Only God can save you from your tribal bigotry..

I Decided to play along from beginning cos I knew this thread wasn't about Lola, Psquare, Harry or Meghan, it's simply about Yoruba where those listed above would be erased from the conversation.

What's the business of Ndigbo with Lola and Peter's marriage?

Life is too short my broda

121 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by slawormiir: 7:55am On Mar 09, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
That of p square is a different case

Peter and Paul are pussy asss niggarrrz

I see no reason why them go still dey fight till now without settlement
except say Paul want tell me say he first hide date and fuckkk lola before lola dish am for he brother
Because i see no reason for this hatred...
Even as at that them supposed don settle

Even Esau and Jacob no do reach this one, despite the fact say BirthRight involve

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by chuose2: 7:55am On Mar 09, 2021
his mother knew why she was rejected

Now he has married her, is PSquare still functional? NO!

3 Likes

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by blinking001(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
In life never choose your wife over your family and never choose your family over your wife..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by adesegun121(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
N
Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Upton: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
I have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by livinbygrace: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
Be careful of any woman that seperate families.They will pretend to be good,decent woman,but deep down they are cunning and very deceptive.

By the time this woman do Peter strong thing nobody go tell him to run back his family.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by femijay8271(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
nice one
Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Uyi168: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021

If the table turns, I'm not so sure the woman will do the same for him..

angry

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by sammysmiles(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
Family stuffs that are not really anyone's business...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Eriokanmi: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
That's it. Stay by your wife under thick and thin of life. Marriage isn't for small boys

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Mindlog: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
We all make our choices.

1 Like

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 09, 2021
It's very important for a man support and stand by his wife but I'm wondering if the public fall out with his extended family members is necessary and more associated with men who marry older women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by mountmoriah(m): 7:57am On Mar 09, 2021
interesting

4 Likes

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by femijay8271(m): 7:57am On Mar 09, 2021
Monogamy:

Only God can save you from your tribal bigotry..

I Decided to play along from beginning cos I knew this thread wasn't about Lola, Psquare, Harry or Meghan, it's simply about Yoruba where those listed above would be erased from the conversation.

Life is too short my broda

I don't think that guy have brain at all...

him and people like him can only say their rubbish online here but can't do or say a WORD of those rubbish they saying here to people they are bashing REAL LIFE

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meghan & Prince Harry: Peter Okoye Hailed For Choosing Lola Omotayo Over Family by WowSweetGuy(m): 7:58am On Mar 09, 2021
Even though Mr P wife is rude and all that as the brothers say, i still dey vex for d brothers to collide against their own blood. Forgive and move on

Yeye dey smell

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#OneHellOfANiteTour: Chris Brown Announces Wizkid As A Special Guest On Tour / R. Kelly Arrested On Federal Sex Trafficking Charges / Funke Adesiyan Fires Back, Says Tonto Dikeh Is A Depressed Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.