Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time (62346 Views)

How I Pay My Rent / I was Served An Eviction Notice While My Rent Hasn't Expired. Please Help / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Doyin2(m): 4:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Bright2:

Even if you are the chief judge handling this case you can't get it the way you state it here,there's nowhere in Nigeria constitution where rent is free.
The landlord have the right to serve you quit notice either six months before the expiration of your rent to tally and after that, seven days owner's intention or one month after your rent has expired and seven days owner's intention after the one month has expired,after that ,begin to look for a lawyer cos you will be surmon to the court straight!

Don't insult lawyers,the quit notice was served by a bailleaf not a lawyer, and after the notice expiration that's when lawyers can come in.

Lawyers doesn't serve quit notice unless they do that through a bailleaf from the court of compitent jurisdiction .

After the judgement in a law court you will be mandated to clear your rent outstanding and all the utility bill you acroud during your stay in that apartment.
I'm not a lawyer,
No court will allow you to vacate with all these bills ,if they do who will pay it for it? If you try what's on your statement in my apartment my dear,I'll send you 20years backward cos even if you suddenly vacate the apartment I'll not rent the apartment as I'll ask my lawyer to take adjournment and extend that case for 10years in court and after that I must win you then , after that,payment time .

You will then show me in Nigeria constitution where rent is free.

My people, you can only win whereby the landlord refused to go through the right process as stated above but if he does,find your way instead of waisting your time and resources. Your lawyer will always tell you that you have a case just as some people reaaons on the said matter of cos lawyers need cases to keep the ball rolling.

When you lost the case ,the same lawyer will still ask you to go for appeal by then you will realize your next door neighbor is completing his own building and your lawyer,a new car.

Thank you.

A tenant that derives joy in cheating the Landlord from his sweat, should never expect to enjoy from his own sweat.

Why stay in some one's property and manipulate for free stay.Would you be happy if that is done to you?

Rubbish!
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Minjim: 4:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
Doyin2:

Are you an illiterate?

The law says the landlord can issue quit notice,except ......

That is if the tenancy had already expired by law or effluxion of time,then no need to issue quit notice.

The law does not in anyway requires a tenant to cheat his landlord by staying extra six months without paying.

No matter what,whether issued before or after expiration of tenancy,the tenant must pay for any excess stay.

The law does not support any free stay whatsoever,it only supports enough time for the tenant to seek alternative.Any excess time must be paid for!

You are fool.
Where did i say the law stipulated free stay?
The landlord had already entered into a year's agreement with the tenant. As such he's oblige to see the agreement through. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. Who's going to refund him the 3 weeks he'd paid for but he's being asked to leave b4 the expiration of his yearly tenancy?
I'm sure you're one of those sons of the callous landlords that think they can carry their houses to hell where they being.
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by azeeza(f): 4:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
landlady sent quit notice to my sis through SMS, asking her to leave in one week. my sister rejected the SMS and ask for hard copy. she later send a letter without phone number and address and the letter was not handed over to the sales boy in the shop, she rather paste it on the door, should we honor it. rent expired Jan 20th 2021 and notice came first week of February.
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Doyin2(m): 4:14pm On Mar 09, 2021
Tokskob2008:
He has to refund you the balance before the quit notice can be effective, my landlord did exact same thing and we all ended up at the police station where he was told to refund my balance so the notice could be effective or re issue the quit notice when my rent is due. This is usually done by illiterate and greedy landlords, he gave me quit notice in July when my rent expiration was December last year this is March and I'm still there his only prayer now is for me to move out soon as he can't do anything.

This rubbish talk.

Six months quit notice does not imply six months free rent.Whether before or after rent expiration, it is legal.But if served after rent expiration,then the tenant must still pay for the extra six months.

I put it to you that you are a bloody lair for telling us the police made the landlord to refund you.

When did the police become a law court?
Refund for giving you quit notice?

Liar!

Those who liked your liar comment probably do not pray to be landlords.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Minjim: 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2021
Doyin2:

Are you an illiterate?

The law says the landlord can issue quit notice,except ......

That is if the tenancy had already expired by law or effluxion of time,then no need to issue quit notice.

The law does not in anyway requires a tenant to cheat his landlord by staying extra six months without paying.

No matter what,whether issued before or after expiration of tenancy,the tenant must pay for any excess stay.

The law does not support any free stay whatsoever,it only supports enough time for the tenant to seek alternative.Any excess time must be paid for!

You are fool.
Do you think quit notice can just be issued arbitrarily to tenant that's not owing? No valid reason was given in the notice - just quit. That can never stand in court.
The landlord had already entered into a year's agreement with the tenant. As such he's oblige to see the agreement through. You can't change the rules in the middle of the game. Who's going to refund him the 3 weeks he'd paid for but he's being asked to leave b4 the expiration of his yearly tenancy?
I'm sure you're one of those sons of the callous landlords that think they can carry their houses to hell where they being.
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Minjim: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
azeeza:
landlady sent quit notice to my sis through SMS, asking her to leave in one week. my sister rejected the SMS and ask for hard copy. she later send a letter without phone number and address and the letter was not handed over to the sales boy in the shop, she rather paste it on the door, should we honor it. rent expired Jan 20th 2021 and notice came first week of February.

What was the reason given in the quit notice?
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Doyin2(m): 4:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
Minjim:

You are fool.

I think you are only confirming your illiteracy!

The quit notice is given to coincide with the end of the tenancy agreement.Any other type of quite notice is null and void.

If your tenancy agreement is January 2021 to December,2021,the Landlord can give you six months quit notice with effect from July 1,2021.The quit notice will stipulate that your tenancy ends in December 2021,and expected to leave by January 1 2022.

This does not in any way affect or deprive you of money already paid.

You will still enjoy your tenancy till December 2021.

You are obviously a tenant.

Pray to be a landlord and not to encourage people to use legal loopholes to frustrate someone's sweat!

5 Likes

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
Seems u not a good tenant for him to give u this kind of quit notice

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Zhirinovsky: 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
March 8 to August 8 is 5 months sef and not 6.
Some lawyers na pure disgrace.
xodyq:
Good morning guys. Is it right for my landlord to give me 6months quit notice (on 8th march) when my rent will be due in 6months time (31st August)??
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by AFONJACOW(m): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
Bright2:

Even if you are the chief judge handling this case you can't get it the way you state it here,there's nowhere in Nigeria constitution where rent is free.
The landlord have the right to serve you quit notice either six months before the expiration of your rent to tally and after that, seven days owner's intention or one month after your rent has expired and seven days owner's intention after the one month has expired,after that ,begin to look for a lawyer cos you will be surmon to the court straight!

Don't insult lawyers,the quit notice was served by a bailleaf not a lawyer, and after the notice expiration that's when lawyers can come in.

Lawyers doesn't serve quit notice unless they do that through a bailleaf from the court of compitent jurisdiction .

After the judgement in a law court you will be mandated to clear your rent outstanding and all the utility bill you acroud during your stay in that apartment.
I'm not a lawyer,
No court will allow you to vacate with all these bills ,if they do who will pay it for it? If you try what's on your statement in my apartment my dear,I'll send you 20years backward cos even if you suddenly vacate the apartment I'll not rent the apartment as I'll ask my lawyer to take adjournment and extend that case for 10years in court and after that I must win you then , after that,payment time .

My people, you can only win whereby the landlord refused to go through the right process as stated above but if he does,find your way instead of waisting your time and resources. Your lawyer will always tell you that you have a case just as some people reaaons on the said matter of cos lawyers need cases to keep the ball rolling.

When you lost the case ,the same lawyer will still ask you to go for appeal by then you will realize your next door neighbor is completing his own building and your lawyer,a new car.
do you want to hear what really transpired
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by AFONJACOW(m): 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
gassbee:
how many tenant and landlord case don reach supreme court before, u no get money to pay rent, u wan go supreme court
plenty of them
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Cryptomillion: 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Are you owning him or her I advice tenants to pay up their rent even few days before it’s due you won’t know what landlords are going through until you build.cost of everything has gone up and any little delay in rent due can anger landlords because recovery amount spent on properties sometimes takes upto 20years not to talk of profiting from the property
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by mfm04622: 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
xodyq:
Good morning guys. Is it right for my landlord to give me 6months quit notice (on 8th march) when my rent will be due in 6months time (31st August)??

Yes!

Simple as ABC
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by oooopss(m): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
I struggle with understanding how these people think. Thank you for explaining it.

If at the end of the lease agreement the tenant decides not to renew and move out, nobody will complain or ask him for anything (even though he is also supposed to give the landlord some days notice prior to the end date).

Now the landlord is informing the tenant (6 months in advance) that upon the expiry of the current lease, he does not wish to extend or renew the lease.

How is that difficult for anyone to understand.

Additionally, I wish that good lawyers will start drafting a more informed lease agreement stating how the landlord and tenant can go about termination of lease agreement so there's no confusion whatsoever.

Summary: The landlord has done the right thing to inform the tenant of his decision not to extend/renew the lease. Also the landlord gave him 6 months of notice so he can adequately prepare and search for other accommodation.

Doyin2:

The quit notice is given to coincide with the end of the tenancy agreement.Any other type of quite notice is null and void.

If your tenancy agreement is January 2021 to December,2021,the Landlord can give you six months quit notice with effect from July 1,2021.The quit notice will stipulate that your tenancy ends in December 2021,and expected to leave by January 1 2022.

Pray to be a landlord and not to encourage people to use legal loopholes to frustrate someone's sweat!

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by mfm04622: 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
Tokskob2008:
He has to refund you the balance before the quit notice can be effective, my landlord did exact same thing and we all ended up at the police station where he was told to refund my balance so the notice could be effective or re issue the quit notice when my rent is due. This is usually done by illiterate and greedy landlords, he gave me quit notice in July when my rent expiration was December last year this is March and I'm still there his only prayer now is for me to move out soon as he can't do anything.

You are a liar! And a thief! You can only try that nonsense with a landlord that do not know his rights! When do Police start settling landlord/tenant issues? Lol!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by mfm04622: 5:33pm On Mar 09, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Serve him your own notice that it is when your rent is due that he can only notify you of quitting.. hence he should balance you for the remaining month from the time of the notification Yeah.. it can be done verbally..

Don't mislead people! You have no right to live in somebody's else house for free! For even a day!

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by mfm04622: 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
Quelme:
How can he give you a quit notice when you rent is still running

I think there is a loophole somewhere you can exploit to your own advantage. I'm not a lawyer but I strongly believe this isn't right, try seek the opinion of legal luminaries and see if there is a channel you can exploit....

This is intimidation and threat tactics!!!!!

He can give notice anytime! What he is entitled to is 6 months notice, not free board while looking for another house

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by mfm04622: 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
OhiOfIhima:
It obvious ur landlord doesn't want you in the house again and he want to play smart on you. That quit notice is invalidated. Six months notice should be start after the expiration of the rentage. I blame the stupid lawyer who served the notice, he should have guided his client on how to go.. Get a lawyer to write ur landlord about the abnormality b4 the time. Either to refund you of Six months payment or allow you to stay for another six months... All this talk come to play if you are on annual payment.

Try that with a landlord that knows what he is doing and you will blame yourself! Go and ask a lawyer if you are entitled to live in somebody's house for free because he gave you quit notice!

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by lawadvisorng: 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
The Quit Notice is in order provided that: (a) you live in Lagos state; (b) you do not live in Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Apapa, or Ikeja GRA; (c) you do not live in a hospital, mental care facility grin, emergency shelter, hostel owned by educational institution; (d) you do not have a tenancy agreement or there is no nothing contrary in your tenancy agreement. Otherwise, it is invalid. The Notice expiration date is obviously a minor calculation error which can be corrected with oral/ written evidence. Advice: Show it to your lawyer. He knows what to do!

xodyq:

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by bamitek(m): 5:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
xodyq:
The notice is 90percent defective. If I'm the one, I will just sit and wait for him to charge the matter to court. The lawyer that issued that notice needs cane.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by mfm04622: 5:37pm On Mar 09, 2021
Quelme:
How can he give you a quit notice when you rent is still running

I think there is a loophole somewhere you can exploit to your own advantage. I'm not a lawyer but I strongly believe this isn't right, try seek the opinion of legal luminaries and see if there is a channel you can exploit....

This is intimidation and threat tactics!!!!!

How do people get this kind of mindset? You are not entitled to live in somebody's house for free because he gave you quit notice! If your rent has expired, he will give you 7 or 14 days notice to leave! Not 6 months. That is the law!
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by mfm04622: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2021
lawyer:

The Lawyer goofed. The position of the law as regards Quit Notice is very simple. There must be clear 6 months given to the errant tenant the landlord wants to evict before it can be tendered to be valid. If the tenancy period of the tenant is to expire in August, the Quit notice must be given in February so that the Quit notice starts running from March. The lawyer issued the Quit Notice on March 8th so the Quit Notice starts running from April 1st and Terminates in September. It's irrelevant that the Tenant's tenure in the property expires on August 8th. The law is that he must be informed 6 months in advance from the date the Quit notice was issued. The OP can challenge the Quit Notice in Court as being defective and a new Quit Notice must be given to him properly or as the Court decides but as it is, it is a very defective Quit Notice that cannot be tendered in court.

Please tell him or her that if he stays beyond the present rent, he has to pay a new rent oooo. He or she won't be living free in the house because he or she was served quit notice!

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by xtervaganza(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2021
Deathisfree:
I hail Una wey dey live with landlord. I can’t try such again. Me and my last landlord ended in the police station. I beat the hell out of the idiot
and you will want to do well in life oo? You beat your landlord? You try am with good people I swear. You try am with me you will die! And I will watch with a smirk as you get lowered to the ground

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by bekpo(m): 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
Oyiboman69:
someone paid his hard earn money to rent an apartment proposed time and he is taking the person for a fool even when it is obvious that his rent is not expired?... I believed you're among those who inherited properties and you not passed through the process of paying rent including the agent fees and the rest....
You even went ahead and said he should be thankful for the early notification...in your world, tenants are slave...what a person....

My brother, there's nothing u can do about it. The law is what it is and not what u think it should b. The notice(6 months notice) is legal,however emotional u may feel, it doesn't change d position of d law. He should b thankful that d landlord is yet to served him d requisite notices-7 days notice, which I believe it's in d offing. That's d position of d law so it's legal.
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Or11: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2021
jamjo:

Sorry but there was something wrong with it the date of the vacation, you cannot have lessees that will end on August the 31st, and wanting a tenant to vacate on the 8th no court will allow that the only way will be if the landlord refunds the 23 days rent.

Ok let's day there was an error in the dates which is negligible however the point here is the notice to quit was well served. Too many hungry and desperate tenants believe they deserve 6 months free in a month they didn't contribute a tipper of sand or even one building block. Anyone who tries that with me will sleep in a house with no windows or even a roof.
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by bekpo(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
9jaRealist:

Even if the requirement is 7-day advance notice...
The 6-month advance notice would still be enforceable.

A 7-day notice requirement merely means no later than 7 days...
Obviously, a 6-month advance notice is no later than the required 7 days.
>

U don't put d cat before d horse.
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Bus2: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2021
Leave the idiots alone, Many Nigerians are animals looking for free tenancy and who to defraud.
When my rent expired in Lagos, I had already mostly packed out 2 weeks before the last day and just used the last day to hand over the keys to the landlord.

Landlords who involve Nigerian police and courts are FOOLS. All they have to do is hire boys and throw expired tenants out. The tenants should now go to court

.... Animals looking to live where they don't want to pay for.

9jaRealist:

Sorry, but you are wrong.
The landlord is NOT terminating your lease early (nor for failure to pay rent).

He is essentially merely notifying the tenant that, when the current lease term expires in 6 months, he does not intend to renew/extend the tenancy arrangement. Leases are not in perpetuity, and just as the tenant can decide not to renew and to leave the premises, so also does the landlord have the option not to renew nor extend an expiring tenancy (each upon suitable notice as provided in the lease agreement).

Personally, I think 6 months is more than reasonable enough notice (unless the lease agreement provides otherwise).
>
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by drlaykay(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
BabaIjebuXL:

You are not bright. The landlord was trying to be smart, normally a landlord can only issue a quit notice at the expiration of rent. People like you go about normalizing bullshit, one of the reasons why we are not moving forward as a nation. koshidanu
A lot of people think this is the norm.
But the truth is,the law is explicit on it.
Your landlord only owes you six months in terms of notice. No more ,no less.
Whether the notice is coming before the expiration or after or overlapping. All that is required is a 6 months notice.

The law does not support that you owe your landlord one dime. If your landlord gives you a six months notice after the expiration of your rent, he can sue you to pay for the extra six months and will win.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Minjim: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
Doyin2:

You better keep quiet and stop exposing you ignorance.

The quit notice has a deficit of 3 weeks. How does that coincide with the end of his yearly agreement?
So the 3 weeks doesn't count in ur Shylock book?
I can see you definitely a landlord's prodigal son that has never paid for rent before. If not, you wouldn't overlook 3 whole weeks!
Ops! That trash can't stand in any court. Especially when you don't owe any rent or default in the agreement.
https://nigeriapropertycentre.com/blog/renting-letting/the-lagos-tenancy-law-in-detail

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by AFONJACOW(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
Bright2:

I'm not a lawyer,

ok this is what happened and why and how I lived in 3 storey building all alone for 2yrs without paying a dime, I lived on the 2nd floor and the double shop same building I used for my boutique , the former owner died and disputed sons sold it while our rents still up to 6months, the new owner didn't consult us to know if we are still interested to live there, he brought his quit notice, the tenants out of fear started panicking some vacate while I said I must finish my rent then he can give me extra 3 months to look for another place since he wanted to renovate it, the former landlord advised him to remove the front gate and some of the zinc , he did as they advised him , he did this while I was away in far away China for business, I got a call from my salesgirl that buglers came and entered my shop from the back because he removed the entrance door, the case was in the court with he served notice and I counter it , we were going to court once a month and my lawyer was my paddy me back in the days nah 042 , he assigned one of his hot headed Junior lawyer in his chamber to handle my case, my paddy keep delaying the case to frustrate my new landlord , back to what transpired, buglers stole few of my things I told my sale's rep to took some pictures and call police, they registered it , I filed another case that he brought some thugs to steal my goods worth millions (but nah only watch and few jeans worth 120k they took from my store) now we are no longer fighting for eviction nah case of stealing we dey fight for court once every month, the case lasted for 22 months , infact it still in the court because I finished my building and moved my important things from there and locked empty rooms and store.. he was the one even begging for us to settle out of Court, which we later did and my 120k paid, I no even pay my homie any dime for representing me in the court , nah the young lawyer I dash 5k few occasional times for taxi, no be anybody u go intimidate. And I am one of the few ppl on this earth , my fellow man can intimate so easily like that

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by Minjim: 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
drlaykay:

A lot of people think this is the norm.
But the truth is,the law is explicit on it.
Your landlord only owes you six months in terms of notice. No more ,no less.
Whether the notice is coming before the expiration or after or overlapping. All that is required is a 6 months notice.

The law does not support that you owe your landlord one dime. If your landlord gives you a six months notice after the expiration of your rent, he can sue you to pay for the extra six months and will win.

So when does 6 months become 5 months 1 week?
Re: My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time by lawadvisorng: 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
With due respect sir. The applicable law and its interpretation depends on the Tenancy and Rent Recovery laws of the state the OP resides. Your position is alright if the OP were to reside in south west states other than Lagos. This definition does not however apply to the extant Tenancy laws of Lagos State which stipulates that the Notice expiration date can be at anytime after the Tenancy expiration but not before (Section 13 (14)). So, this Notice is validly issued, ceteris paribus, if the OP resides in Lagos considering that 6 months from March 8 is actually September 7 while the Tenancy itself expires August 8. It is therefore NOT defective. Shalom!

lawyer:

The Lawyer goofed. The position of the law as regards Quit Notice is very simple. There must be clear 6 months given to the errant tenant the landlord wants to evict before it can be tendered to be valid. If the tenancy period of the tenant is to expire in August, the Quit notice must be given in February so that the Quit notice starts running from March. The lawyer issued the Quit Notice on March 8th so the Quit Notice starts running from April 1st and Terminates in September. It's irrelevant that the Tenant's tenure in the property expires on August 8th. The law is that he must be informed 6 months in advance from the date the Quit notice was issued. The OP can challenge the Quit Notice in Court as being defective and a new Quit Notice must be given to him properly or as the Court decides but as it is, it is a very defective Quit Notice that cannot be tendered in court.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Landlady Fixed Nails In Front Of Her House To Hinder Unwelcome Guests / Nigerian Guy Shows Off His Neatly Furnished 1-room Apartment / Tallest Buildings In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.