Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats (1224 Views)

Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ / My Wife And Mother Hate Each Other / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:41am On Mar 09, 2021
This creatures are lovely. My problem is why they hate them. They said it is diabolical. I was wondering which animal witches and wizards can't possess. My Neighbor has a cat and I play with it all the time. The cats removes rats,geckos and lizards. So why the hate?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Princedevoe(m): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2021
Nigerians are too religious, hence the hatred for cats as being demonic or possessed or sent to them to harm them. Cat is a beautiful creature with good personality. I really lovee them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by MufasaLion: 11:26am On Mar 09, 2021
Nigerians are blinded by religion and this has made them not to accept many things

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Karleb(m): 11:27am On Mar 09, 2021
I still don't know. I prefer cats to dogs. I love cats especially the big and beautiful ones. I'll definitely get one when I get my own house.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Nobody: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2021
I don't care for them. I prefer dogs kiss. Two of my siblings love cats, though.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2021
aroundtheearth:
I don't care for them. I prefer dogs kiss. Two of my siblings love cats, though.
I am quite surprised at the growing level of Feline lovers in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
Princedevoe:
Nigerians are too religious, hence the hatred for cats as being demonic or possessed or sent to them to harm them. Cat is a beautiful creature with good personality. I really lovee them.

Irony is, I don't think that any religion preaches hate against cats. So where did religion come in?

Rather, Nigerians are gullible and superstitious.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

I am quite surprised at the growing level of Feline lovers in Nigeria
They're not in Nigeria and are merely half Nigerians but good to know Nigerians in Nigeria are embracing cats more.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Oluromantic: 2:06pm On Mar 09, 2021
Every African especially Nigerians are very conscious of two entities: God up there(even a babalawo believes God exists) and witchcraft (juju)
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by ImaIma1(f): 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2021
I can't keep them for myself but I don't fear them. My neighbour's son has about 6 of them. My only concern is them crying by my window at midnight and disturbing my sleep.

Imagine me waking up to a cat crying and I raise my head and see it just sitted on the net of the window. I chased it away.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Bornsinner7: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2021
I just chased one with stone yesterday..

They keep coming into my yard.. I still can't tell which of my neighbours own these cats that keep jumping into my compound.. I'm even planning on getting a dog cuz of them..

I hate cats.. they disgust me.. they stare at you weirdly, they are sneaky and keep crying and fighting at midnight by your window

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Kondomatic(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2021
Bornsinner7:
I just chased one with stone yesterday..

They keep coming into my yard.. I still can't tell which of my neighbours own these cats that keep jumping into my compound.. I'm even planning on getting a dog cuz of them..

I hate cats.. they disgust me.. they stare at you weirdly, they are sneaky and keep crying and fighting at midnight by your window
I can relate.

Especially when they're hungry, they will be looking at you like Bros you look edible oo, you sure say you no be rat?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Richy4(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
There was this young lady I liked way back.. we were getting to know each other as normal platonic friends ... she asked me if I like pets, I said yea I like Dogs but cannot keep them...

She said she has 5 cats.. she got 5 of it after the one that grew up with her died.. that the cat was 11yrs( I have forgotten the name she gave the cat).. she said that she cried for 2days...

She asked her father to get the cat cremated and she kept the ashes.. I developed goosebumps as we were chatting....I couldn't move my keyboard for 3mins.. she mistook my silence to mean that I was loving it.. within that space of me not talking, she sent the picture of herself surrounded with cats... Chei!!.... That was how I begin form busy...no more communication till the friendship died a natural death...Whites can do scary things sometimes,..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Exmilitant(m): 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
I have 5 cats, German, Marshall, Shirley, Fat Tom and my favourite, very smallish and naughty, Oroma. People around sees me as an occultic man but i don't care, cats are interesting and spiritual. Here is a photo of naughty Oroma.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Fundamentalist: 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
The topic should be , why do Nigerians from the south hate cat. Yes, because they are superstitious. If they can accuse their innocent kids of witchcraft and wizardry and send them away as outcast.

We love cats here in the north.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Klass99(f): 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2021
smiley
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Mikester: 8:42am On Mar 10, 2021
I saw one on the fence beside my room yester night though it didn't see me. It got this cute and gentle look which made me wonder why Nigerians irritably despise cats.
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
Exmilitant:
I have 5 cats, German, Marshall, Shirley, Fat Tom and my favourite, very smallish and naughty, Oroma. People around sees me as an occultic man but i don't care, cats are interesting and spiritual. Here is a photo of naughty Oroma.
Your felines have lovely name's.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
Cats are cute and lovely animals. But most houses in Nigeria have this believe that cat's are diabolically spiritual and thus, hate to keep one!!

Is better to be in company of a Cute feline than have a deadbeat Conversation with people!!
Re: Why Do Many Nigerians Hate Cats by Uyi168: 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
This creatures are lovely. My problem is why they hate them. They said it is diabolical. I was wondering which animal witches and wizards can't possess. My Neighbor has a cat and I play with it all the time. The cats removes rats,geckos and lizards. So why the hate?
Many Nigerians don't have sense.
Thats why.

(1) (Reply)

Painful Exit! / Children Education Plan / Journey Of A Patiently Waiting Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.