Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much (3730 Views)

Opinion Sampling: Why Do You Hate Biafra? / Allow Igbos Have Biafra So Peace Can Reign, Northern Coalition Tells Buhari / Allow Igbos Have Biafra So Peace Can Reign, Northern Coalition Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2021
There is something that I'm yet to get, there is so much hate for Biafra, I think the hate for Biafra is bigger than the phobia for Igbo Dominion, I had spoken to a lot of non Igbos and whenever the name Biafra is mentioned there is this obvious compulsion, I know people had this phobia about Igbo but outsiders feel better if I tell them, I'm Igbo than I'm Biafran.

Can any non Biafran tell me in plain terms why so much hate for a country which only existed for three years, becuase I don't get the hate, it is not like there is any tribe that loves Nigeria that much, Biafra did not even threaten any tribe but the cooperate existence of Nigeria so why the irrational fear of Biafra.

Biafra to us, whether it becomes a sovereign state again or not we live in Biafra, I live in Enugu Nigeria the capital of Biafra and everyday I work out I see Biafran flag hanging in the most Bizarre of places like on top of high tension wire, seriously I never see Nigeria flag anywhere apart from banks, or national institutions.

But we see Biafra insignia everywhere, from primary school walls to street arts, you will see Biafra, the flags are everywhere, place it is usually hanged are in the riskiest of places, we live in Biafra and nothing dangerous about it, maybe this part of Nigeria is Biafra then why are others, sceptical about Biafra.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by ChimaAgbalajob: 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2021
Because Nigeria is not one country and has never been.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2021
ChimaAgbalajob:
Because Nigeria is not one country and has never been.
Then why do they hate Biafra not like they love Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Rossikk(m): 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2021
Op, Nigerians hate Biafra because Biafra represents an attempt by a few greedy, misguided Igbos to steal and corner the nation's oil and gas resources under the guise of 'self determination'.

That is why they are so desperate to rope in the delta where the oil and gas deposits are located, into their criminal theft scheme. Of course the delta want no part of such deals.

Plus of course Nigeria will not allow that daylight robbery to happen, so 'Biafra' remains a silly pipedream peddled by Igbo school dropouts led by chief dropout, Kanu.

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Nigeriabiafra80: 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Hatred for igbos are the only thing uniting Nigeria
Remove it and watch is crumble

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Rossikk:
Op, Nigerians hate Biafra because Biafra represents an attempt by a few misguided Igbos to steal and corner the nation's oil and gas resources under the guise of 'self determination'.

But of course Nigeria will not allow that daylight robbery to happen, so 'Biafra' remains a silly pipedream peddled by Igbo school dropouts led by chief dropout, Kanu.
If we tell Nigeria to have all the oil, will you let us be

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by blazepascal(m): 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
sad
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by blazepascal(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
especially buhari dat man fear Biafra more than death

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
i can explain it to you....

biafra are the only people that nigeria defeated clearly....
thats why nigeria will always rush una to prove that nigeria is worth something in this world....

russians are proud to have defeated germany,china is proud to have pushed back western colonization....

nigeria is proud to have defeated biafra without annialatin all igbos....

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Rossikk(m): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2021
AlexBells:

If we tell Nigeria to have all the oil, will you let us be

YES. In fact Nigeria will arrange for flights and buses to convey all 30 million Igbos residing in other parts of Nigeria back to the east in mass deportations.

Just don't claim the delta as yours, and we'll be glad to see the back of you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 5:07pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

thats why nigeria will always rush una to prove that nigeria is worth something in this world....

russians are proud to have defeated germany,china is proud to have pushed back western colonization....

Then same illogical fear, if you defeated someone, why the hate, are you more like the victim or was there a hidden defeat Nigeria suffered individually or what

6 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:
Hatred for igbos are the only thing uniting Nigeria
Remove it and watch is crumble

oo yes....nigeria doesnt have that special accomplishment toghether....

watch carefuly how nigerians think....
they will rush anything biafra fast to prove a point....

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
Rossikk:

YES. In fact Nigeria will arrange for flights and buses to convey all 30 million Igbos residing in other parts of Niger back to the east in mass deportations.

Just don't claim the delta as yours, and we'll be glad to see the back of you.
I wished it was possible and we can get a deal, to relocate all the oil in Biafra to Arewa and Oduduwa, and Niger Delta can keep theirs too, we can work a deal to pump the gas to Arewa but we want a same country where we can live peacefully and attain our God given potential, without threat.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Then same illogical fear, if you defeated someone, why the hate, are you more like the victim or was there a hidden defeat Nigeria suffered individually or what

its not about hate....it was ipob that wanted to bank on this wound....
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

Before IPOB these issue was there, IPOB only exploited a loophole

3 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Redcrafton: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

How?

What about MASSOB?
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:15pm On Mar 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Before IPOB these issue was there, IPOB only exploited a loophole

it was....and will remain if you dont drive away ipob that is always openin the wound over and over again....

do you realy think northerners forgot the coup that brought the civil war....??

northern politicians will bank on it....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Redcrafton: 5:16pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

You are proud writing this rubbish from refugee IDP camp in Dahomey...even without war...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:17pm On Mar 09, 2021
Redcrafton:

How?

What about MASSOB?

massob and ohaneze have already distanced themselves from ipob....
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:18pm On Mar 09, 2021
Redcrafton:

You are proud writing this rubbish from refugee IDP camp in Dahomey...even without war...

northerners will keep on bankin on the mistake of few igbo officers back then....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Redcrafton: 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

massob and ohaneze have already distanced themselves from ipob....

What is MASSOB?
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

it was....and will remain if you dont drive away ipob that is always openin the wound over and over again....

do you realy think northerners forgot the coup that brought the civil war....??

northern politicians will bank on it....
Bleep Northerners and the coup, the coup was Igbo coup not Biafran coup and they already got their pounds of flesh, if they misbehave this time around they will understand, as well you are paranoid about IPOB too, what have IPOB done to you
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Bleep Northerners and the coup, the coup was Igbo coup not Biafran coup and they already got their pounds of flesh, if they misbehave this time around they understand, as well you are paranoid about IPOB too, what have IPOB done to you

northerners still outnumber you mercilessly....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Redcrafton: 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

northerners will keep on bankin on the mistake of few igbo officers back then....

Please check again...your comment is not related to post.
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
Redcrafton:

If only way was explicitly about numbers then, China and India would have been the two most powerful country in the world

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
Redcrafton:

am tellin you....politicians....

politicians are a strange type of race....dont think they care....
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Redcrafton: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

northerners still outnumber you mercilessly....

But northerners outnumber Boko thugs and foreign fulani herdsmen and you have not defeated them.

Thousands are being killed and kidnapped daily from Sokoto to Benue and Bornu to Niger.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
AlexBells:

If only way was explicitly about numbers then, China and India would have been the two most powerful country in the world

in a democracy numbers matters alot....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Notasyouthink: 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

Lies upon lies, upon lies a typical nigga-arean can never get tired of using lies and propaganda to change the narrative especially, when it comes to defending that evil cage created by a white man.

For the records, nigga-area never defeated biafra rather, it was the British that defeated biafra during that evil war.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by AlexBells(m): 5:25pm On Mar 09, 2021
darkwan:

in a democracy numbers matters alot....
Who cares about democracy once we Igbo province is strong enough, we don't care who rules Nigeria, we don't need their vote in AlaIgbo, so spare me that part, it is no longer relevant

1 Like

Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by darkwan: 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
Notasyouthink:
Lies upon lies, upon lies a typical nigga-arean can never get tired of using lies and propaganda to change the narrative especially, when it comes to defending that evil cage created by a white man.

For the records, nigga-area never defeated biafra rather, it was the British that defeated biafra during that evil war.

sorry oo....
you should have won the war....

things would be different now....

now,its too late....even if biafra manage to rear their heads again,this area called nigeria would only become another america vs. russia....
Re: Why Do The Rest Of Nigerians Hate Biafra So Much by Redcrafton: 5:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
AlexBells:

Who cares about democracy once we Igbo province is strong enough, we don't care who rules Nigeria, we don't need their vote in AlaIgbo, so spare me that part, it is no longer relevant

We don't even mind being like Hong Kong in China...as long we are free to do our thing.

For example we can build our own standard gauge rail, unlike the one the FG is offering the SE, while the SW and the north has the modern system.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Attack Buhari, All IGP During Obasanjo Tenure Were All Yorubas / Crowd On "Isia Agu" Uniform Welcomes Buhari At The Airport In Imo State / Aisha Yesufu The Cashivist Don Japa And Won't Be Back Till August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.