Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,523 members, 7,954,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic (10914 Views)

Why Are So Many Nigerian Girls Going Into Hookup / How Many Nigerian Women Can Do This (graphic Image) / Yahoo Plus, Handkerchief, Ritual Sex: Many Nigerian Female Students Walking Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by fattprince(m): 7:22am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

I'm not angry.

Maybe you should learn to control yourself more?
I really admire your calmness and control but I really doubt its you on your profile.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2021
danilmo:

Logically Men should assist in good ways they can especially when the woman also works.

Hopefully I would love to date women like Okonjo iweala, Awoshika and co cox I'm an active man, I love active women for myself, e dey boost my morale but what comes along with this kind of women is house chores issue, they can't and since men too can't it's rational for them to get a house help..

I'm a Man and we have Ego, u see that ego is the alpha factor keeping the love life fire burning , u urself won't love to marry an 'egoless' simp, Simp are most time dump and pussy worshiper. They hardly make precise decision, most time dull.. pardon me.lol

I ll beg u to avoid our ego issue and dont take it as toxic...it's natural and God knows why he gave us, the frightful sexy masculine look, deep vocal, height, masculine features brings ego and i think its natural..If a man feel his ego is threatened in marriage trust me his love life will get cold, Wen the man is active belief me the love life in that family ll burn well but wen his ego is threatened(Financially, health@Erectile dysfunction+) , he is down, same thing the love feeling in that family, he cant even make jokes and romance anymore ..

I think u need to checkout successful women and how they ve been able to keep their marriage.

If u dwell on the logic behind this too much trust me u ll end up being a bitter man hating feminist (cox ur logic is right)and u ll see men getting threatened to stay with u except u choose not to be wit any..maybe a beta man per say..

summarily.

Get house help.
Male figure& ego is natural, leave us with in Peace.
We aren't toxic.
Research how Successful women were able to keep their marriage.

shallom.

Thank you for your input.

Why have men got such big egos? Did the Bible not say people should be humble?

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Ok
I admit my opinions can sometimes be wrong, I'm still human
But FACTS women are solipsistic, hypergamous and always prefer what feels right to truths that's why they create Rationalization hamsters to justify weak arguments and emotional opinions, they also Dissociate from the truths or reality that they find unpleasant

You are using identity politics to box me as a Trump supporter or/and Redpiller but you are not ready to have any meaningful dialogue with me since you believe not in individuality but in collectivist group think focusing on groups ideology over individual rationality , these is where your final argument falls too and you then conclude I'm a narcissist, I'm not sarcastic, I'm a man who thinks his opinions are facts, I don't believe women are logical which I never said but I stated they have capacity for logic but are poor utilizers of logic since they are more attuned to feelings and prioritize it over facts in the long run you then finally concluded it won't get me far the real world

You said I don't believe in individuality, but here you are grouping all women together? Ok bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Usorohtheman(m): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2021
But are Nigerian men really toxic,?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Nigerian women raised us to be toxic. Hopefully Nigerian women like you will do a better job and raise non toxic domesticated and emotionally empethatic Nigerian men. As the old saying goes "As you sow, so shall you reap".

I think it's men perpetuating this trope, but say what you want to help you sleep better at night.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Fmghewzy(m): 8:04am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

So you've met all Nigerian girls to be making such generalised statements?

The person you are chatting with has no brain.
Leave him to display his foolishness!
And not many Nigerian men are toxic,maybe those on Nairaland.
Moreover many of them might be different in real life.

The issue is with you girls,if you all want responsible , reasonable and hard-working men.
You will surely get.
But you girls bypass them for the toxic ones, stating flimsy excuses
He is boring
He is too nice or too gentle.

So you get what you want ,the big boy,party type you all want are what you keep getting.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2021
Usorohtheman:
But are Nigerian men really toxic,?

Not all of them are, but there are a proportion who are.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 8:11am On Mar 11, 2021
Fmghewzy:

The person you are chatting with has no brain.
Leave him to display his foolishness!
And not many Nigerian men are toxic,maybe those on Nairaland.
Moreover many of them might be different in real life.

The issue is with you girls,if you all want responsible , reasonable and hard-working men.
You will surely get.
But you girls bypass them for the toxic ones, stating flimsy excuses
He is boring
He is too nice or too gentle.

So you get what you want ,the big boy,party type you all want are what you keep getting.

You raise some good points. If i was single, I'd go for the nice man smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

You said I don't believe in individuality, but here you are grouping all women together? Ok bro.

Every man has a penis
Every woman has a vagina

Would it be wrong to classify each gender based on Biological differences observed or I should downplay the effect of estrogenious hormones which is predominant in women and makes them seek comfort, do you want me to ignore these scientific facts to please you , can't I vividly conclude that women are more prone to emotions remember I didn't even factor mood swings during women's menstrual and ovulating cycles, now classifying women with these irrefutable scientific FACTS is now Illogical to you

You make me ascertain and conclude more that women are of inferior logic to men with these observation from you who is supposed to be a critical thinker and utilizer of logic

I'm highly disappointed in you for you want me to discard your Biological realities
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

I think it's men perpetuating this trope, but say what you want to help you sleep better at night.

So you can actually type what you did with a straight face? We all know how Nigerian women raise their sons letting them get away with murder, but are very harsh, monitoring and critical of their daughters, because they don't want them to get wayward or pregnant etc. All over the world Mothers raise children, even more so in Nigeria. Its Nigerian women who perpetuate and instill male stereotypes on their sons. Now, if you want Nigerian men to be non-toxic, you better make sure you all do a better job of raising your sons than your parents and grandparents did - "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 8:35am On Mar 11, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Every man has a penis
Every woman has a vagina

Would it be wrong to classify each gender based on Biological differences observed or I should downplay the effect of estrogenious hormones which is predominant in women and makes them seek comfort, do you want me to ignore these scientific facts to please you , can't I vividly conclude that women are more prone to emotions remember I didn't even factor mood swings during women's menstrual and ovulating cycles, now classifying women with these irrefutable scientific FACTS is now Illogical to you

You make me ascertain and conclude more that women are of inferior logic to men with these observation from you who is supposed to be a critical thinker and utilizer of logic

I'm highly disappointed in you for you want me to discard your Biological realities

Have you got a learning disability. I was quite pivotal referring to got below paragraph:

FACTS women are solipsistic, hypergamous and always prefer what feels right to truths that's why they create Rationalization hamsters to justify weak arguments and emotional opinions, they also Dissociate from the truths or reality that they find unpleasant.

You can't n say that this applies to every single woman. You're saying that all women, just because they're women, have weak aghuements? That must mean that you are also a woman because you're arguments hold zero weight.

I wasn't saying that not all women have vaginas. You seem to have inferred this from somewhere when I said no such thing. Find where I said it. Please go and learn sense.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

Have you got a learning disability. I was quite pivotal referring to got below paragraph:

FACTS women are solipsistic, hypergamous and always prefer what feels right to truths that's why they create Rationalization hamsters to justify weak arguments and emotional opinions, they also Dissociate from the truths or reality that they find unpleasant.

You can't n say that this applies to every single woman. You're saying that all women, just because they're women, have weak aghuements? That must mean that you are also a woman because you're arguments hold zero weight.

I wasn't saying that not all women have vaginas. You seem to have inferred this from somewhere when I said no such thing. Find where I said it. Please go and learn sense.

Estrogenious hormones affects women with regards to all of them
Feelings will always supercede facts for women in the long run
It's your innate Biology don't fight nature and God
Deal with it
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Usorohtheman(m): 8:45am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

Not all of them are, but there are a proportion who are.

Some people are toxic but don't allow that to get to you. You must be ready to move on when you come across such people. Life goes on ooo
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Dannypraiz(m): 8:45am On Mar 11, 2021
Are u serious? cool
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Estrogenious hormones affects women with regards to all of them
Feelings will always supercede facts for women in the long run
It's your innate Biology don't fight nature and God
Deal with it

We all know women have more oestrogen, men have more testosterone.

What do you mean 'in the long run'?

Don't fight logic with your desire to be right.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

We all know women have more oestrogen, men have more testosterone.

What do you mean 'in the long run'?

Don't fight logic with your desire to be right.

Are you telling me your estrogenious hormones doesn't at all affect your think at all?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by divineappo(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

So you've met all Nigerian girls to be making such generalised statements?
how about you?
U also made a generalized statement about Nigerian men
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 9:17am On Mar 11, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Are you telling me your estrogenious hormones doesn't at all affect your think at all?

Only as much as testosterone affects yours.

People have different levels of these hormones in their bodies, are you saying the amount of oestrogen in a person's body directly affects how much logic they have?

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 9:18am On Mar 11, 2021
divineappo:
how about you?
U also made a generalized statement about Nigerian men

I didn't say all though. Argue with yourself.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 11, 2021
Why do I feel this thread was necessary and also not worth the time at the same time? Probably because of some of the comments from the mail folks here.

One asked, "if men and women are equal why do men have a penis and women have a vagina"? while another has been going on and on about how hormones in women hamper their thinking.

They've been priding themselves on how logical they are but in actuality, they're the illogical ones.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2021
Ardar:
Why do I feel this thread was necessary and also not worth the time at the same time? Probably because of some of the comments from the mail folks here.

One asked, "if men and women are equal why do men have a penis and women have a vagina"? while another has been going on and on about how hormones in women hamper their thinking.

They've been priding themselves on how logical they are but in actuality, they're the ones illogical ones.

100% correct. Some men just have fragile egos and can't stand a women saying they are incorrect about anything or having the audacity to have a good job and earn more money than them.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

People have different levels of these hormones in their bodies, are you saying the amount of oestrogen in a person's body directly affects how much logic they have?

Men are better equipped to subject their emotions to the rigor of logic at a far higher capacity than women, most women lack the ability to introspect like men and when they do if they find the reality and truth appalling to their feelings they create Rationalization because they have capacity for logic and Dissociate themselves from such realities and Truths

Women with capacity for logic rarely apply logic for real intellectual purpose except they have something to gain, they are rather high IQ women who are good sophist with weak and fallacious arguments that on the surface sounds plausible but after scrutiny of sound logic are emotions opinions rationalized as facts
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by RedSquid: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:
Why do a lot of Nigerian men expect so much from females but bring nothing to the table.

A lot of men expect women, to cook, clean, take care of the kids, be educated, have a career but in return provide nothing?

I really don't get it.

Men need to take several seats

grin

Not too late to make this hit front page mods

Lalasticlala

Dominique

Mynd44

MrKnowItAll

Sissy3

Farano

Rocktation
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by danilmo: 9:50am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

Thank you for your input.

Why have men got such big egos? Did the Bible not say people should be humble?

ure making it look like a big sin but no, neutralize ur mind off that and u ll enjoy our nature..

Well none of my partner has ever complained abt my pro lifestyle and since I'm not arrogant to their feelings I don't think biblical quote can fault me.. if we are to start quoting bothbof us will end up faulting biblical laws. let's just learn how to love and cope with each other in good terms..

But why I'm i having the feelings that ure mistaking Arrogance for Ego? the toxic factor...

well dont let us dwell too much on it. Just enjoy us like that ehn..

shallom.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

Logic is the hard terrain of men since testerones require challenge, logic is tasking and challenging
You vividly are aware that estrogen demands comfort , any woman coming into the terrain of logic is nothing more than an abberation,a disgust, a pseudo-masculine hybrid beast woman who wants to emulate and embrace the masculine because she wants to be an outlier, she ends up as a caricature,a poor imitation of the masculine
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

100% correct. Some men just have fragile egos and can't stand a women saying they are incorrect about anything or having the audacity to have a good job and earn more money than them.

Yes, and also they believe that they are superior to women in every ramifications so God forbid a damn inferior woman dare challenge their superior azzez by disagreeing with them.

In my ethnic group they dismiss anything a woman says by referring to her as onye ne tukwu ani we n'anyu mamiri (some one who bends down to pee) cuz standing to pee symbolizes power according to them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 9:56am On Mar 11, 2021
danilmo:

ure making it look like a big sin but no, neutralize ur mind off that and u ll enjoy our nature..

Well none of my partner has ever complained abt my pro lifestyle and since I'm not arrogant to their feelings I don't think biblical quote can fault me.. if we are to start quoting bothbof us will end up faulting biblical laws. let's just learn how to love and cope with each other in good terms..

But why I'm i having the feelings that ure mistaking Arrogance for Ego? the toxic factor...

well dont let us dwell too much on it. Just enjoy us like that ehn..

shallom.

No sin is bigger than the other though, right?

Yes, let us not dwell.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Logic is the hard terrain of men since testerones require challenge, logic is tasking and challenging
You vividly are aware that estrogen demands comfort , any woman coming into the terrain of logic is nothing more than an abberation,a disgust, a pseudo-masculine hybrid beast woman who wants to emulate and embrace the masculine because she wants to be an outlier, she ends up as a caricature,a poor imitation of the masculine

Logic is not the hard terrain of men. Women are logical too. Do you think people would be able to get through life with no logic. The way you're writing makes me think you do not know the definition of logic.

Many women are logical without being masculine.

Comfort and logic are not mutually exclusive.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:03am On Mar 11, 2021
Ardar:

Yes, and also they believe that they are superior to women in every ramifications so God forbid a damn inferior woman dare challenge their superior azzez by disagreeing with them.

In my ethnic group they dismiss anything a woman says by referring to her as onye ne tukwu ani we n'anyu mamiri (some one who bends down to pee) cuz standing to pee symbolizes power according to them.

Don't mind them. This is what some men do. They just take something a man can do and a woman can't and say its because men are powerful.

It's illogical.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

Don't mind them. This is what some men do. They just take something a man can do and a woman can't and say its because men are powerful.

It's illogical.

Can't give me a sound response , you now come here ranting with your fellow Feminist

What nonsense
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by HappyCreative(f): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2021
BLOODYSPERM:

Can't give me a sound response , you now come here ranting with your fellow Feminist

What nonsense

I think you'll find it is you who hasn't responded to my last point.

The lack of logic continues from you. According to you this means you have lots of oestrogen and not enough testosterone. I feel sorry for you.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerian Men Toxic by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2021
HappyCreative:

Logic is not the hard terrain of men. Women are logical too. Do you think people would be able to get through life with no logic. The way you're writing makes me think you do not know the definition of logic.

Many women are logical without being masculine.

Comfort and logic are not mutually exclusive.

Common sense is not logic
A woman can have common sense but she will still not be logical
You talking to a fellow woman and allowing her opinion to cloud your judgement speaks a lot about you

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How Do You Find Out About His/her Genotype? / How Do I Control Moaning Loud During Sex? My New Guy Dosn't Like It, I Need Hlp / Most Beautiful Girl On Badoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.