Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,240 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Ribadu Stands Down - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Stands Down (21819 Views)

BREAKING: Court Stands Down To Await Dasuki’s Arrival / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Take His Plea, Judge Stands Down (PHOTO / Fec Stands Down Motion To Declare Yar'adua Unfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by OWOLAYEMO: 10:26am On Apr 13, 2011
Too late to stand down! The step-dowm may be counter-productive. How will they sensitised millions of electorates that have been inunadated with campaign, adverts and sensitizations?Considering the time constraints, I think they should compete individually,and if re-run ensued,come into coliation and possibly wrest power from PDP.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by OWOLAYEMO: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2011
Too late to step down! The step-down may be counter-productive. How will they sensitised millions of electorates that have been inunadated with campaign, adverts and sensitizations?Considering the time constraints, I think they should compete individually,and if re-run ensued,come into coliation and possibly wrest power from the PDP.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Dreamchaser1(f): 10:32am On Apr 13, 2011
God pls let this be true, I know a lot of ppl who would only vote GEJ when Ribadu is out of the race, like Utomi. Good news for team GEJ.

ABEG ribadu step down, don't care who for, u r making this job easier for us,

GEJ all the way,
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by rasputinn(m): 10:37am On Apr 13, 2011
[size=24pt]VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT[/size]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ikaleguy(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2011
if story is true, then it goes to comfirm the conspiracy theory that Ribadu is a PDP mole planted inside ACN to thwart any effort by ACN at forming an formidable coalition with other political party until the last minute,
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by obongtunji: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2011
How true is dis? If it is true then Jonathan is makin a history 4 himself & pdp, because he is goin 2 win by 80% of total vote
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2011
Lagosboy:

Ribadu will not win his local govt on sat, ribadu himself knows he cannot win this election.

ACN is nothing but a spoiler

How is Acn a spolier ? If your cpc is confident of itself of winning SW votes,why is it forming an alliance with the so called SW rascals ? What is the acceptance status of cpc is SW ? Una go just dey open mouth anyhow !
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Gbawe: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2011
Lagosboy wrote:

I think at this juncture both parties have to be blamed ACN and CPC because when you have a common enemy 3 days to election and you have an option of joining hands to kick them out. You have to kick them out and worry about the differences on Sunday after the election.

It seems some folks in ACN dont want a Buhari presidency and i am thinking the main guy is Bisi Akande , although i am not a Tinubu fan I sincerely believe in my heart he is not totally opposed to this alliance talks. [/b]Me thinks Bisi Akande and some other actors are scuttling this alliance. On the CPC side maybe it is Bakare who is being difficult our some guys around Buhari like Hamman, Odumakin who stand to gain lots if they win without ACN role.

On the other hand some might be thinking the election is headed for a run off and only then would it be suitable to negotiate but my belief is working towards a run off is working towards failure.

My brother, now you are talking !!!! Tinubu was never against alliance talk regardless of what is said in the public domain. Let us remember that he has courted Buhari [b]aggressively
because he , more than most , badly wanted the PDP kicked out while many , including Bakare , remained lukewarm and full of idealism . Tinubu has suffered at the hands of the PDP . Let no one forget that. OBJ and the PDP robbed Tinubu of the chance to deliver the initiatives he concieved that Fashola has now actualised to local and international acclaim.

Man mi , don't be fooled by what is written . Ribadu was always ready to consider [/b]stepping down for Buhari. Folks don't know that Ribadu is not at all a hardliner or selfishly ambitious. He actually places his ambition secondary to the defeat of the PDP.

Ask yourself if SW progressives and intelligentsia have ever supported Northern hardliners . Do you see many Northerners enjoying the goodwill Ribadu does in the SW region? Ribadu might as well be a Yoruba man as far as Falana, Soyinka , Akeredolu et al are concerned . All I will say is that [b]if
no agreement is reached , Tinubu and Ribadu are not to blame . Those two have actually tried very hard , from day one, to unite folks in the effort to kick out the PDP.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by booboo79: 10:57am On Apr 13, 2011
Overtake don overtake he overtake (apology to Late Anikulapo Kuti)
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by victorkc(m): 11:16am On Apr 13, 2011
This is a blatant lie,mark it Ribadu can never step down for Buhari!!!
Cus Tinubu and Buhari can never agree so where lies the rationale
behind it?----Another rumour
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by fesse(f): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2011
Come saturday, all these bala bala bala talks will end. TINUBU, BUHARI, RIBADU, GEJ should allow Nigerians to vote their consience. All the same my vote goes to GOODLUCK JONATHAN.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ncpat(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2011
it is too late b`cos there will still be acn logo on the voting card and people will still thumb print on it making it an invalid vote
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by moddo: 11:46am On Apr 13, 2011
Presidential race: Me, step down? Bloody lie -Ribadu
By FEMI ADEOTI & DAVID MOLOMO
Wednesday, April 13, 2011

•Ribadu
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) presidential candidate, has said that nothing would make him step down for any candidate in Saturday’s election.
He alleged that the ploy to get him out of the race was an ochestrated one

“Ever since I joined the race, they have been fighting me. When they could not stop, defeat or reduce my continuous growth and development, they said I am going to give up and give another person my support. It is a bloody lie.”
He spoke with Daily Sun at the Ribadu family house, 1, Ribadu Street, Yola, Adamawa State. Excerpts:

Checkmating rigging
My take on rigging is that those who have the opportunity will always want to rig, especially those who are in authority. They have the means and resources to do whatever they like when it comes to rigging. But I believe that this time, it may be very difficult in the urban centre, my fear is in the rural areas. I hope that Nigerians generally will stand against rigging this time. It is not all about party, but credibility of the person that matters.

However, I hope that our party has done fairly well in terms of preparations. We have our own cameras that are picking everything that are not normal. We also hope that other parties are doing the same thing. Ordinary Nigerians should also participate in it because it is about all of us, not just for one particular political party.

Rigging is usually done by the people in government and the authorities. In this case it is PDP because they control both the state and federal governments where I am voting. They are extremely unpopular, everybody knows that. I have not seen one PDP supporter so far and it is amazing and incredible. I have not met an individual who said that he or she would vote for PDP. In fact, the level of the rejection is amazing, so I do not know why they are going to rig this election.
Curbing rigging has to do when there is combination of factors. INEC officials will have to be really honest and be alive to their responsibilities. They must refuse to be compromised. There is so much hope and faith in them. The Nigeria Police and other law enforcement agencies must realize that they are working for Nigeria and not for a particular political party or government.

If these factors come together, we will get it right this time. There is likely going to be free and fair elections. So, it is still with the officials, INEC, security agents and of course, we, ordinary people. We have done our own part and I pray that INEC and the police will also do theirs. I am from the Police, I am from the institution and I know that they are not bad, given the opportunity, they will do what is right. They should resist intimidation by authorities to misuse them.

Why do people want to commit crime, especially campaign violence and rigging?
It is all about the people in power who want to remain there. Those who do not want to work for the people are in office and do not want to leave. The same thing is applicable to Gbagbo of Cote D’Ivoire who was voted out but refused to leave. He would rather die than to leave the position. It is the same mindset PDP has. That is why you see rigging, desperation to remain in office and do what they like with public money, abuse authority and power. If you are going to public office with the fear of God to work for people, you have no problem and you do not need to rig election to get there. Then if you get there by do-or-die means, you are a very selfish person. Anyway, I know that Nigerians will resist that this time.

Do you see any possibility of a run-off in the presidential polls?
It is a process that you cannot rule out. But hopefully, it is very possible that we could win with my calculation and that of my party. We are in the best position to win at the first ballot. We are going to surprise people, our party is a national party and PDP is totally rejected across the country. The other opposition is a sectional party, more or less a tribal party.

Your party’s proposed alliance with other opposition parties and the issue of you stepping down for another candidate?
You see it is the 419 of the opposition, there is a deception. They are seeing for the first time, a threat to their control in this part (North) of Nigeria and they are so desperate to fight it. Ever since I joined the race, they have been fighting me. They have called me all sorts of names and said many things against me. They even said that I have died.

Finally when they could not stop, defeat or reduce my continuous growth and development, they later said I am going to give up and give another person my own support. It is a bloody lie, evil, unholy and desperate spirit to reverse what God has said concerning the direction we are going in our country. So, it is not true that I would step down for anybody and that cannot happen. Change has come to our country and this is the first time change has come to our country. For the first time our country is going to be unified with an objective of having a new Nigeria with a real generational change that can usher in all the good things for our country.

Your critics say your support is mainly from the South West
I do not think that is true. But I feel proud if I am accepted in other parts of our country not necessarily from where I come. That tells you what I am and who I am. But the point is that it is not that I am not accepted here, the truth is that I am the only person that is accepted in other parts of Nigeria.
Northern Nigeria has 19 states, go round and see what is going on. Go to Taraba, Adamawa, Bauchi, Gombe, Benue, Plateau, Niger and Kwara states. These are also northern Nigeria and you cannot just use one or two states to judge. I want you to know that I am very much accepted.

Are you expecting surprises in the election?
Yes, what do you think yourself? What is your own view? You have seen the order, you have seen Yola, you have seen what is going on here. You know ACN in Adamawa State is being given true reflection of what is going on here. You have seen what is happening in Taraba, Bauchi, they are all ACN states.

There are messages going out especially in Lagos that people should not vote for ACN except Governor Raji Fashola, would that not affect your chances?
It is all about desperation. PDP pumped money into Lagos State and the South West trying to deceive the South West voters. They are used to that. They did that in 2003 and 2007. They rigged the elections and court later reversed some of them. This time around, people have learnt their lessons and no one will vote for PDP in the South West. The position is strong, the deception period is over and they should wait to get the shocker of their lives.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2011
Gbawe:

Lagosboy wrote:

My brother, now you are talking !!!! Tinubu was never against alliance talk regardless of what is said in the public domain. Let us remember that he has courted Buhari aggressively because he , more than most , badly wanted the PDP kicked out while many , including Bakare , remained lukewarm and full of idealism . Tinubu has suffered at the hands of the PDP . Let no one forget that. OBJ and the PDP robbed Tinubu of the chance to deliver the initiatives he concieved that Fashola has now actualised to local and international acclaim.

Man mi , don't be fooled by what is written . Ribadu was always ready to consider [/b]stepping down for Buhari. Folks don't know that Ribadu is not at all a hardliner or selfishly ambitious. He actually places his ambition secondary to the defeat of the PDP.

Ask yourself if SW progressives and intelligentsia have ever supported Northern hardliners . Do you see many Northerners enjoying the goodwill Ribadu does in the SW region? Ribadu might as well be a Yoruba man as far as Falana, Soyinka , Akeredolu et al are concerned . All I will say is that [b]if
no agreement is reached , Tinubu and Ribadu are not to blame . Those two have actually tried very hard , from day one, to unite folks in the effort to kick out the PDP.

Information we are getting again says Bakare agreed to resign , Buhari agreed for a VP from aCN but it must be agreed that it will not be Tinubu, ACN said no and the alliance failed again.

Bisi Akande IMO is a Buhari hater from the onset. ACN is runnign an AD accusing Buhari of scuttling the Metro system , it is all messy now.

Right now , i think tinubu feels they stand to gain more not supporting Buhari which i think is placing party above country.

All said and done let everyone vote for his candidate on sat  and let u sknow who has the real mandate. Tinubu i believe wants to be VP so as to be president in 2015 , hence his sincere support for the alliance to work only if he is VP. Assuming the other folks in ACN were good they would have pressured him into letting off this condition but the old man Bisi Akande hates Buhari hence the clog in the wheel. I understand ACN governors are also not in support of the alliance.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by luluosas(m): 11:52am On Apr 13, 2011
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Buhari4change-Official-Fan-Page/116280281775259#!/notes/buhari4change-official-fan-page/keep-your-thoughts-i-am-voting-for-buharibakare/213202455372631
From Buhari4Change Fan Page FB.
Keep your thoughts
I am voting for Buhari/Bakare
by Buhari4change (Official Fan Page) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 11:35amI will not because of the calculation/assumption of a few/majority elite based on facts, deny my conscience of voting for the right candidate.

I refuse to let the perception of the electorate (majority) based on past elections & parties style (rigging) derail me of my choice of credible candidate.

I turn my back on that feeling of "hopelessness" experienced by majority; that no matter what they do, their vote can never amount to bringing about change.

I refuse to change my mind based on political analysis and their structures towards winning the Presidential election. Still will i vote wisely even if the most competent candidate has no political structure.

No amount of preaching/brain-washing can make me accept a party that has taken us back for 12yrs even if my father were to be the candidate of such party. Knowing fully well that a Destructive means can never bring about a Constructive end.

Yes, all might not be well but a well conscience has the might to reject the status quo & embrace change.

Believing otherwise when something is right means you are part of the problem, no matter how you try to justify it.

The fact that we cannot all agree on a common goal either as youths or as a nation does not give the room for us to deny the truth.

I make bold to say i shall be voting Buhari/Bakare, keep your thoughts, advice or history 'cos it makes no difference for me.

My conscience certifies them. I have no fear if they win or not, at least my conscience will judge me right.

Even if I have boil on my thumb, i'll use my tongue.

Nigeria lets vote without sentiments.

By: Solomon Opeyemi Ojo
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by freezy(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^^

Nigerians and lofty writings. . .
'Vote with his tongue' grin
Dude prolly does not even have a voter's card tongue
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by agabaI23(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why are people calling Tinubu here?
I thought it was supposed to be Ribadu spearheading the negotiation with Buhari.
Does it mean Ribadu is not in charge afterall
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by sirjec(m): 12:06pm On Apr 13, 2011
My great Disciplinarian have reached agreement that made Ribadu to step down,

1. Is the agreement democratic? GEJ wants to play politics of the people by the people for the people,  DEMOCRACY

Is the agreement not politics of the cabal, by the cabal for the people, DEMOCRAZY

How can few people sit and decide who becomes the president in 2015 when it is for the people to decide. This shows that the good works of GEJ to restore integrity in our electioneering process will be thrown to mud if he loses.

They approached GEJ first and he refused because of his interest to save the country. Now some people that claim to have the interest of this country in their mind have agreed, putting their own interest above the interestr of the nation. We must move forward and not oscillate about a point[i][/i][b][/b]. We have passed this stage
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by babytoun: 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
I am really disappointed this story is not true.

As a GEJ fan sincerely i would have wanted this alliance so that some people can be taught serious political lessons.

Sincerely i see Ribadu remaining in the race as brightening BB's slim chance of a run-off. BB know their only chance of winning is a runnoff. Even with 20 TINUBUS backing buhari , he still can never make 25% in 24 states, hence his only hope is in a runoff. An alliance after the first run will be more threatening.

In any case GEJ will win landslide in the first run.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2011
GEJ wants to play politics of the people by the people and for the people by bribing delegates, emirs, obas and whoever that can be bought with our national wealth. This bigots are no longer thinking,
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by agabaI23(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2011
^ Why Buhari is striking deals with IBB, Atiku, Cirom and their likes

You won't say anything about that now.

Desperation is it?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by kabiru82(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
let d story be true.pdp wil hv anoda chance of wining
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by agabaI23(m): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
AN APPEAL TO NIGERIANS

GOODLUCK JONATHAN lost support from (king-makers) Ciroma, IBB, Atiku and their fellow corrupt men because he refused to sign an agreement on who becomes Nigeria's President in 2015. GEJ said: "What I'm not comfortable with is the rationale behind 15 of us sitting here and deciding who becomes president in 2015. I will want Nigerians to choose their president in 2015".

Even when we were not there GEJ is still fighting for a free and fair process. He disappointed OBJ and BANKOLE because of his transparency and goodwill towards Nigeria.

Now, Buhari has been begging the same Ciroma, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu and Mohammed Abacha for help to win. He even promised to make Ribadu president in 2015 if he steps down for him. They are already forcing Fake Bakare to sign his resignation letter. Less than 10 men appointing 2015 president; is this not corruption in the highest order?

Nigerians, come out enmass and call your neighbors on Saturday so that we can kill this evil cabal forever. Vote GOODLUCK JONATHAN
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by muami(m): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
agabaI23:

AN APPEAL TO NIGERIANS

GOODLUCK JONATHAN lost support from (king-makers) Ciroma, IBB, Atiku and their fellow corrupt men because he refused to signed an agreement on who becomes Nigeria's President in 2015. GEJ said: "What I'm not comfortable with is the rationale behind 15 of us sitting here and deciding who becomes president in 2015. I will want Nigerians to choose their president in 2015".

Even when we were not there GEJ is still fighting for a free and fair process. He disappointed OBJ and BANKOLE because of his transparency and goodwill towards Nigeria.

Now, Buhari has been begging the same Ciroma, IBB, Atiku, Tinubu and Mohammed Abacha for help to win. He even promised to make Ribadu president in 2015 if he steps down for him. They are already forcing Fake Bakare to sign his resignation letter. Less than 10 men appointing 2015 president; is this not corruption in the highest order?

Nigerians, come out enmass and call your neighbors on Saturday so that we can kill this evil cabal forever. Vote GOODLUCK JONATHAN

Very compelling words!!!.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by luluosas(m): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
@jason123, I am very unhappy with this news because it proves two things:
1) It shows that the north still has this born to rule mentality. I mean, did Falae step down for OBJ Why do the north always step down for each other just so they do not split the Northern vote?! Angry The tribalism and regional sentiment in this country is just appalling!!!

I tire for you o!. In 1999, how many presidential candidates were contesting? Did you see any Ibo man or Hausa man then contesting? Why are you speaker as if you have lost your memory? Where you expecting Falae to step down for OBJ and then you will still call that an election? Wake up from your slumber. If this report happens to be true, then, the end of PDP has just arrived.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Vinazo: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
If every thing I have read is true, can you see why mans effort at ruling himself is in vain?
To ascend to power the most trusted losses caution. In his desparate state he forgets his principles and the beast like attitude surfaces.
Please all hail the king of kings.
Man must accept this defeat. No ganging up will save man. Rev.16:16.
All hail the prince of peace that will take away mans greatest enemy, death. Which man can do that, please show me the manifesto.

Please all hail the king of kings.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by seedord247(m): 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
[center]VOTE BUHARI / BAKARE FOR PRESIDENT[/center]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Orikinla(m): 12:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
rasputinn:

[size=24pt]VOTE GOODLUCK JONATHAN FOR PRESIDENT[/size]

[size=38pt]A VOTE FOR GOODLUCK JONATHAN AND NAMADI SAMBO IS A VOTE FOR CORRUPTION.

WHERE IS YOUR CONSCIENCE?[/size]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by emcaluv(m): 12:58pm On Apr 13, 2011
OLD News!

Tinubu flew to Abuja last nite with GEJ Presidential Jet.

CPC foiled the alliance agreement even when Ribadu agreed to step down.

Yakassi of NPLF has endorsed GEJ.

AD youths are mobilizing seriously for GEJ in SW.

Please guys get updated.

GEJ all the way.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by skydeexie(m): 1:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Presidential race: Me, step down? Bloody lie -Ribadu[/size]
By FEMI ADEOTI & DAVID MOLOMO - Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) presidential candidate, has said that nothing would make him step
down for any candidate in Saturday’s election.

“Ever since I joined the race, they have been fighting me. When they could not stop, defeat or reduce my continuous
growth and development, they said I am going to give up and give another person my support. It is a bloody lie.”
He spoke with Daily Sun at the Ribadu family house, 1, Ribadu Street, Yola, Adamawa State. Excerpts:

Go to:  http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/apr/13/newsbreak-13-04-2011-001.htm

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by muami(m): 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
Orikinla:

[size=38pt]
WHERE IS YOUR CONSCIENCE?[/size]

Do terrorists have conscience or you want to tell me that you dont know that a vote for Buhari is a vote for terrorism?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2011
skydeexie:

[size=14pt]Presidential race: Me, step down? Bloody lie -Ribadu[/size]
By FEMI ADEOTI & DAVID MOLOMO - Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) presidential candidate, has said that nothing would make him step
down for any candidate in Saturday’s election.

“Ever since I joined the race, they have been fighting me. When they could not stop, defeat or reduce my continuous
growth and development, they said I am going to give up and give another person my support. It is a bloody lie.”

Go to:  http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2011/apr/13/newsbreak-13-04-2011-001.htm

Abeg which is the true o !!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Wike And Ifeanyi Okowa Inspect Ongoing Construction In Asaba (Photos) / Governor Akeredolu Reacts As 88 Ghost Workers Receive Car Loan In Ondo / House Of Representatives Confirms Yahaya As Chief Of Army Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.