Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Ribadu Stands Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Stands Down (21769 Views)

BREAKING: Court Stands Down To Await Dasuki’s Arrival / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Take His Plea, Judge Stands Down (PHOTO / Fec Stands Down Motion To Declare Yar'adua Unfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Stands Down by prettyG: 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2011
The ACN candidate, Nuhu Ribadu has bowed out of the Presidential race in favour of the CPC candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd).
ARTICLE | APRIL 12, 2011 - 8:38PM | BY CHIDI OKOYE

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) candidate, Nuhu Ribadu has bowed out of the Presidential race in favour of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd).

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/breaking-nuhu-ribadu-stands-down
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 8:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
So after all the noise, ACN is bowing down to a micro party? LOL!!!!!!!!!
In the next few hours, we should know if this is just another rumour or not.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by yeswecan(m): 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2011
This is getting interesting - but again lets wait to confirm .
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ektbear: 8:48pm On Apr 12, 2011
On this day, the PDP died in Nigeria.

R.I.P.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Dave6: 8:49pm On Apr 12, 2011
See mess up. Mess up!!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by blacksta(m): 8:49pm On Apr 12, 2011
One has to commend Ribadu  - if the story is true  - He has to put aside self interest aside to save Nigeria from the ineptitude of PDP.  Buhari has a more realistic chance of becoming the next president of Nigeria
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
Is this story true or false

Somebody please confirm to us
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Remii(m): 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

On this day, the PDP died in Nigeria.

R.I.P.

never say die, PDP is not a party but a monster, you no dey watch horror movies, monster no dey die easy. lol
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by baksonlee: 8:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
It's all over for PDP and GEJ.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by blacksta(m): 8:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
One has to commend Ribadu/ACN  - if the story is true  - He has to put aside self interest to save Nigeria from the ineptitude of PDP.  Buhari has a more realistic chance of becoming the next president of Nigeria - It makes no sense to spilt votes when the removal of pdp is joy to all sensible Nigeirans
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
If this is true the I want to give Ribadu a hug at this moment in time.
This coalition must God wiling kick PDP out for good
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Coolabbie: 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
God let dis be true!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
If the story is true, it will make absolutely no difference to GEJ's landslide.
Instead, it will show the lack of sense at the top of ACN. PDP has NASS majority and doesn't need any other party, while ACN with the next highest number of seats would be giving way to a party with next zero NASS representation.
That would surely be the peak of all inferiority complexes. I de laf o! grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kilode1: 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2011
It is now up to YOU I mean YOU to vote and be ready to defend your vote.

The time has come to rescue Nigeria from the hands of the military-politician usurpers holding us to ransom.

Vote for Buhari and stand-by to defend his mandate for the sake of our children!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2011
I can imagine Buhari getting 50% of the entire SW votes at this moment if this is true. Then we win NE,NW oh my God . Let us congratulate President Elect Buhari, congratulate Ribadu, Congratulate ACN for behaving well an conratulate Tinubu for putting the greater good above narrow gains

grin  grin  grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ektbear: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

I can imagine Buhari getting 50% of the entire SW votes at this moment if this is true. Then we win NE,NW oh my God . Let us congratulate President Elect Buhari, congratulate Ribadu, Congratulate ACN for behaving well an conratulate Tinubu for putting the greater good above narrow gains

grin  grin  grin

Err, Tinubu and the ACN had better have negotiated something good. I'm not interested in doing anyone any favors for free . . .
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2011
If this is true, ACN will continue to enjoy my support - thank you Tinubu for this.

PDP is gone forever in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
But how do we enlighten the whole electorate not to thumprint on  the ACN logo on sat. Millions of votes might be lost as void votes oh gosh , why did this not come earlier.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by PapaBrowne(m): 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2011
Funnily, this would be to the advantage of GEJ. The south-west does not know CPC  as was evidenced in the NASS elections.
Secondly this is coming way too late. Why did they have to wait till the end. The impact would be almost nil.

It would have favoured Buhari more if it were Shekarau stepping down as that would help him get back the votes Shekarau would take in Kano.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2011
If the story is true,

ACN has just lost more than half of its support in SW.
Many ballot papers will automatically register wasted votes.
GEJ has just been given the mandate on a platter of gold.

GEJ will come out unopposed just like at the debate.  kiss

Pop some champagne!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NZWph5fNos?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"[/flash]
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ektbear: 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

But how do we enlighten the whole electorate not to thumprint on  the ACN logo on sat. Millions of votes might be lost as void votes oh gosh , why did this not come earlier.

Yoruba folk are not morons. It won't be hard, don't worry grin If anything, ACN has shown that they are masters of logistics.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by blacksta(m): 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2011
Beaf:

If the story is true, it will make absolutely no difference to GEJ's landslide.
Instead, it will show the lack of sense at the top of ACN. PDP has NASS majority and doesn't need any other party, while ACN with the next highest number of seats would be giving way to a party with next zero NASS representation.
That would surely be the peak of all inferiority complexes. I de laf o! grin

Abeg no let panic kill you - it makes absolute sense for ribadu to stand down why spilt votes? - Putting to end to ineptitude is more important compared to who holds majority in a nass.   With a strong president nass will fall in place - it is all about negotiation - Just like how obama is handling the house in the u.s
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2011
If this is true, it will be land slide victory in the South West for Buhari - then we take Edo and Akwa Nbom. GEJ is finished. PDP is gone for good.

Thank you once again Tinubu. Thank you Ribadu. Thank you all lovers of Democracy
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Dave6: 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2011
See mess up. Mess up!!!

Alliance or no alliance, GEJ is sweeping across Naija on Saturday!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

Err, Tinubu and the ACN had better have negotiated something good. I'm not interested in doing anyone any favors for free . . .

Ministerial slots and SGF might have been on the table. Maybe Bakare might make some sacrifices as well only God knows the deal but things will become clearer.

SW are enlightened and people could be told to vote CPC but votes in Benue, Anambra, Edo state, Adamawa is what i am worried about. The rural areas in the SW might be a factor as well
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2011
I can't stop laughing at the permutations here. PDP has already won the elections with their NASS victory.
Its gonna be a stonking victory for GEJ, cos any CPC - ACN merger makes no sense.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Rhino5dm: 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2011
This can't be true? Why won't Buhari stand for Ribado??
So, its all about NORTH withelding power at all cost ehn??
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2011
@efishers or what do you call yourself, who are those supporters that ACN will lose in SW?

Let me tell you, Igbo population amounts to nothing here and many Igbos will even vote for Buhari.

The end of PDP has come - Nigeria will be great again. eFisher and co, the good things that will come will miss you all agents of darkness.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by semid4lyfe(m): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2011
Makes no difference at all.

The CPC is still going to be trashed on Saturday.

Fresh Air 2011. . .GEJ for PRESIDENT
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by gernded(m): 9:06pm On Apr 12, 2011
GOD IN HEAVEN PLEASE LET THIS STORY BECOME REAL THEN THE POLLS WILL BE MORE INTERESTING AND SWEETER THEN THE ACN WILL DIE AND LOST MANY SUPPORTERS BOTH HOME AND ABROAD.

BUT I WILL FEEL SAD IF THE STORY IS FAKE BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO SEE THE REAL SUPPORT GEJ GATHERED ACROSS THE NATION.

ANYWAY WHATEVER GEJ WILL WIN.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2011
Coolabbie:

God let dis be true!
I like your location. . .

@op

Is it confirmed or it's one of pdp propaganda ?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2011
Heart attack,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Subjecting INEC To TSA Will Be A Disaster – Jega / Police Secures The Release Of 13-Year-Old Girl Abducted & Converted To Islam / I’ve Served Three Governors In 30 Years - Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.