Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ribadu Stands Down - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Stands Down (21789 Views)

BREAKING: Court Stands Down To Await Dasuki’s Arrival / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Take His Plea, Judge Stands Down (PHOTO / Fec Stands Down Motion To Declare Yar'adua Unfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by vanessaven(f): 4:12am On Apr 13, 2011
Well, the polls will tell. Good night, y'all.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Apr 13, 2011
vanessaven:

I made what up? How old are you? You obviously don't know what you're talking about.   grin grin grin
I just called you a liar and this is what you have to say?? ROFLMAO!!  Typical .

Show you are not lying or Accept you just lied and got caught! I am sorry not matter which way the polls go, they won';t change the fact that you tried here to LIE and were caught and told of it. It does not work that way!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 4:13am On Apr 13, 2011
Buhari did not do that. Idiagbon did all the work. Buhari was a lazy assed dictator. And when they felt that Idiagbon was overstepping his authority (doing good for Nigeria, mind you), they killed him.

Buhari was not part of people that killed Idiagbon, That man died if I can remember after returning from aso rock for a function.  Buhari will give room for people that Know better to handle the situations in presidency than him  not like the know all OBJ.

Sometimes it embarrasses me when Nigerian presidents comes out to address things in the public which could have been taken care of by a minister. A good leader is made up of who you have around you.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by vanessaven(f): 4:21am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I just called you a liar and this is what you have to say?? ROFLMAO!!  Typical .

Show you are not lying or Accept you just lied and got caught! I am sorry not matter which way the polls go, they won';t change the fact that you tried here to LIE and were caught and told of it. It does not work that way!! undecided undecided undecided
I accept the reprimand for it is my fault for actually believing that I can hold a decent discussion with one who is completely incapable of having common sense. But I will not accept being called a liar, because I am not. What will I gain by lying? You can see from my posts that I am not campaigning for anybody. All I'm saying is that vote the person, not the party. If you feel Buhari is good, then go ahead. People that resort to calling another names are those that have run out of what to say because they don't know ANYTHING at all. ANYTHING. Vacuum heads.

He who laughs last laughs best.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:23am On Apr 13, 2011
Latest news : ACN angry as CPC scuttles alliance talks. :

Three days to the presidential election, the leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and President Goodluck Jonathan, who is flying the flag of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), are expected to meet for a rapprochement.

This is as the proposed alliance talks between ACN and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) for Saturday’s election finally hit the rock Tuesday night.

The planned meeting with Tinubu, which was at the instance of Jonathan, THISDAY learnt, is for fence-mending following the criticism that trailed Jonathan’s use of the word “rascals” believed to be aimed at ACN leaders during his presidential campaign rally in Ibadan, Oyo State.

South-west, now largely controlled by ACN, is one of the highest voting zones in Nigeria.

However, the possibility of an alliance between CPC and ACN ahead of the all-important election is fading.

Both parties failed to resume negotiation Tuesday night despite a meeting called to that effect, forcing an angry reaction from ACN.

Under the proposed arrangement, THISDAY learnt, ACN candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, had agreed to step down for the CPC flag bearer, Major General Muhammadu Buhari[rtd], if the alliance talks had succeeded.

ACN would then ask all its supporters to vote for CPC on Saturday.

Even though Ribadu had accepted to make the “sacrifice”, fuelling rumours Tuesday night that he had finally withdrawn from the race, the talks have now come to a close.

ACN now believes the time is too short to educate voters on the arrangement as all campaigns must, by law, stop Thursday.

The original agreement was for the party that won more seats in the National Assembly to produce the presidential candidate, while the party that came second would produce the leadership of the parliament if the alliance succeeds in winning the presidential election.

ACN has so far won 13 Senate seats, compared to CPC’s six, in addition to 52 House of Representatives seats, compared to the latter’s 35.

However, it is believed that Buhari is still popular in the North-west despite the poor performance of his party.

ACN, according to sources, was ready to concede the presidential ticket in the hope that Buhari could still deliver the North-west while the South-west is expected to go ACN’s way.

The talks, which had been in fits and starts, finally crumbled Tuesday even though Buhari was said to have invited ACN back to the table “of his own volition”.

Surprisingly, though, the CPC team did not turn up for the meeting, forcing angry reaction from the ACN hierarchy which termed Buhari as “unserious”.

On Monday night in Abuja, at the first meeting between Buhari and former military president, General Ibrahim Babangida; former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar; former Inspector General of Police (IG), Alhaji M.D. Yusufu; former National Security Adviser (NSA), General Aliyu Gusau; and former Minister of Finance, Mallam Adamu Ciroma, they reportedly agreed on a working relationship.

According to an insider at the meeting, the harmonisation of the grey areas between the Northern leaders was to usher in another meeting between Buhari and the leaders of the ACN led by Tinubu, who has turned the beautiful bride.

According to the source before the collapse Tuesday night, “we are expecting a special press conference on Wednesday where the leaders of the CPC and ACN will unfold the new working agreement”, which he said might include the stepping down of Ribadu for Buhari.

Asked why he did not attend the meeting of the G15 with CPC and ACN, one of the Northern leaders, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai, said an invitation was not extended to him, former Minister of Defence, Alhaji Shettima Mustapha, and Mogaji Dambatta.

But THISDAY gathered that the organisers of the meeting did not invite them because of allegations that they might have “sold out” following their membership of the Federal Government Peace Committee to douse tension in the heat of campaigns in the North.

The National Organising Secretary of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, told THISDAY that the party was aware of the plot against President Jonathan by opposition parties and said: “Surely they will gather, but surely they will scatter.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/acn-angry-as-cpc-scuttles-alliance-talks/89546/
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:25am On Apr 13, 2011
Yakassai, Zoning Advocate, makes u-turn and campaigns for Jonathan :

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/yakassai-zoning-advocate-campaigns-for-jonathan/89545/
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:27am On Apr 13, 2011
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 4:27am On Apr 13, 2011
vanessaven:

I accept the reprimand for it is my fault for actually believing that I can hold a decent discussion with one who is completely incapable of having common sense. But I will not accept being called a liar, because I am not. What will I gain by lying?

Hey  .  . you told a lie . . . none of the claims you made where based on fact. What did you expect me to do? Not call a spade, a spade? You're the one who claimed you had where there and so knew all, only to churn out known lies. undecided

vanessaven:

You can see from my posts that I am not campaigning for anybody. All I'm saying is that vote the person, not the party. If you feel Buhari is good, then go ahead. People that resort to calling another names are those that have run out of what to say because they don't know ANYTHING at all. ANYTHING. Vacuum heads.

He who laughs last laughs best.
You don't need to campaign to make stories up . . . . matter of fact, it is probably best not to make stuff up, especially if you know there are those around able to use the internet to find the truth.

Again, I didn't call you any names here . . . I simply called you out on the lies you told of this. Or has the dictionary changed the word for a person that tells a lie?

PS. the he who laughs last laughs best thing doe snot apply here!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:31am On Apr 13, 2011
I just saw the ACN/Ribadu advert again on TV totally dissing Buhari .

I dey Laugh oooo grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 4:32am On Apr 13, 2011
The National Organising Secretary of PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, told THISDAY that the party was aware of the plot against President Jonathan by opposition parties and said: “Surely they will gather, but surely they will scatter.”

I wonder when we will get diplomatic the way we make comments
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by vanessaven(f): 4:35am On Apr 13, 2011
soloqy:

I just saw the ACN/Ribadu advert again on TV totally dissing Buhari .

I dey Laugh oooo  grin
Laugh well, my brother. After all the noise Buhari's supporters have made.
Kobojunkie:

Hey  .  . you told a lie . . . none of the claims you made where based on fact. What did you expect me to do? Not call a spade, a spade? You're the one who claimed you had where there and so knew all, only to churn out known lies.   undecided
You don't need to campaign to make stories up . . . . matter of fact, it is probably best not to make stuff up, especially if you know there are those around able to use the internet to find the truth.

Again, I didn't call you any names here . . . I simply called you out on the lies you told of this. Or has the dictionary changed the word for a person that tells a lie?

PS. the he who laughs  last laughs best thing doe snot apply here!
Internet pikin. Google will tell you the moon is made of cheese and you will believe. HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS BEST applies- we will see the results this weekend.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:40am On Apr 13, 2011
The Buhari Brigade are claiming that Buhari is the change we need and that he has no dealings with the old order and criminals, but how do you explain him meeting with former military President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former National Security Adviser Gen Aliyu Gusau, former Inspector-General of Police M.D. Yusufu and former minister of finance Malam Adamu Ciroma, just take a look at the former former people in that list.

I guess he is just rolling with his ilk as he also is a 'former' something.

Let me hear anyone calling him a saint here again. He is so desperate to rule this country that he can associate with the worst kind.

This also confirms what we have been saying. The north believe its their right to always rule this nation hence Buhari's doggedness and this unholy alliance that we are seeing.

The heaven-lies are exposing them now.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 4:45am On Apr 13, 2011
I have always wondered why did Goodluck rush to pardon Ribadu to come back to Nigeria. Being OBJ boy don't be surprise him stepping down for Goodluck But they will have to do it a Nice way
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 4:46am On Apr 13, 2011
vanessaven:

Internet pikin. Google will tell you the moon is made of cheese and you will believe. HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS BEST applies- we will see the results this weekend.

Considering the fact that to this day, your own Government continues to hide essentially data on the running of your own country from you, Google is your best friend IF, and I MEAN IF, you really want to learn anything of what is out there on your Government and politicians.

PS. Please spend some time actually researching your leaders rather than trading rumours and junk stories online.

Rumours and Beer parlour gossip rarely become facts . . . . For the umpteentth time, No RESULT will change the fact that you made the stories you told up. Your claims, which I called you ought on, have nothing to do with the elections.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 4:48am On Apr 13, 2011
The Buhari Brigade are claiming that Buhari is the change we need and that he has no dealings with the old order and criminals, but how do you explain him meeting with former military President Ibrahim Babangida, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, former National Security Adviser Gen Aliyu Gusau, former Inspector-General of Police M.D. Yusufu and former minister of finance Malam Adamu Ciroma, just take a look at the former former people in that least.

My friend the same way Buhari attends all the ex president meetings, so doe he attend the Nothern forum
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:49am On Apr 13, 2011
@vanessaven, no mind jare.

I never used to be so partisan but when I witnessed all the lies that the Buhari Brigade have been peddling, I decided to stand up for someone and thats GEJ.

These people claim that Buhari is a saint but thats far from it. The man is just a vindictive clueless old soldier.

With a Buhari presidency, we will probably have OBJ and countless other people thrown into jail in the first year(and have everyone rejoice) but afterward then what?

The man simply has nothing , in terms of developmental projects, that he wants to do. He is just here to have his own back at perceived foes.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 4:50am On Apr 13, 2011
Can Saturday just come?

I hate waiting. . . . why is this world not revolving around me?

soloqy:

I never used to be so partisan but when I witnessed all the lies that the Buhari Brigade have been peddling, I decided to stand up for someone and thats GEJ.

These people claim that Buhari is a saint but thats far from it. The man is just a vindictive clueless old soldier.

With a Buhari presidency, we will probably have OBJ and countless other people thrown into jail in the first year(and have everyone rejoice) but afterward then what?

The man simply has nothing , in terms of developmental projects, that he wants to do. He is just here to have his own back at perceived foes.

What lies have you witnessed?

Or the lies you've heard from your "beer parlor" lol
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by AljUche: 4:52am On Apr 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Can Saturday just come?

don't worry the world will revolve around you soon after your first night with me wink
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:52am On Apr 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Can Saturday just come?

What lies have you witnessed?

Or the lies you've heard from your "beer parlor" lol

lol , firstly, I dont drink so I have nothing to do with bear parlors.

Goodness me, I think say you be butty. *Beer Parlor*?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 4:54am On Apr 13, 2011
Alj Uche:

don't worry the world will revolve around you soon after your first night with me wink

You're very bold, trust me. I'd have run over with my car.

So what's your take on this thread? I'm interested.

soloqy:

Was this meant for my previous post?

What lies did you "witness"?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 4:59am On Apr 13, 2011
EPOMA:

My friend the same way Buhari attends all the ex president meetings, so doe he attend the Nothern forum

My good friend, this was not a Northern Forum meeting as you know it . This was a clandestine coup-like meeting(gang-up) aimed at removing someone who dared challenge them to their 'rightful throne'
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by AljUche: 4:59am On Apr 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You're very bold, trust me. I'd have run over with my car.

So what's your take on this thread? I'm interested.

@ this topic

i think Ribadu and ACn should step down for buhari, there is no point because they would not win all they are doing to spliting the SW votes

That bloody Tinubu of a man should lay down is silly pride for the nation and try to convince the SW people to vote Buhari.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by vanessaven(f): 5:06am On Apr 13, 2011
soloqy:

No, we are now raising Bears on NL. grin
soloqy:

He's so desperate that when he couldn't get what he wanted with ANPP, he had to start CPC. I hate PDP, but GEJ is one man, not the PDP. We all agree that Tinubu is full of shit, but Fashola is the bomb. GEJ is not bad simply because PDP is. The only way the opposition can win is if they all unite and we run a two-party state. Get ready for GEJ as the winner.
Besides, if GEJ wasn't actually giving us free and fair elections, will Buhari's supporters even have hope? No matter how false it may be?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 13, 2011
Alj Uche:

@ this topic

i think Ribadu and ACn should step down for buhari, there is no point because they would not win all they are doing to spliting the SW votes

That bloody Tinubu of a man should lay down is silly pride for the nation and try to convince the SW people to vote Buhari.

But we cant even be 50% sure that Ribadu's vote will descend on Buhari. Ribadu stepping down is going to cause a lot of confusion and frustration in Nigeria. This is not only going to affect the SW, but other regions currently supporting Ribadu.

It's too late. Saturday is less than 5 days away.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by soloqy: 5:07am On Apr 13, 2011
Alj Uche:

@ this topic

The issue is that the South West voted for the AC reps because its their National Reps. The South West is dynamic. Tinubu has control only over card carrying party members and thats why I feel any attempt at courting/wooing him is a waste of time. The people are going to vote whoever they want in the presidential elections. Its important people know this now so that they dont get to start singing rigging again when it happens.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EPOMA(m): 5:09am On Apr 13, 2011
My good friend, this was not a Northern Forum meeting as you know it but. This was a clandestine coup-like meeting(gang-up) aimed at removing someone who dared challenge them to their 'rightful throne'

I agree with you but OBJ was there for 8yrs and he is not north, it still shows that we don't have any leader from south side which I might be made to believe. They  are all clowns. Someone credible like pat Utomi should have teamed up with a bigger party and then grow from there
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On Apr 13, 2011
vanessaven:

No, we are now raising Bears on NL. grin He's so desperate that when he couldn't get what he wanted with ANPP, he had to start CPC. I hate PDP, but GEJ is one man, not the PDP. We all agree that Tinubu is full of poo, but Fashola is the bomb. GEJ is not bad simply because PDP is. The only way the opposition can win is if they all unite and we run a two-party state. Get ready for GEJ as the winner.

Interesting . . . .Sure Goodluck Jonathan is one man but could you please tell us what of his actual record in Governance you know of and are impressed by? I mean that you are willing to cut down the others but state you want Goodluck instead I hope you are not doing it for the same brain fluff reason that many others are??
vanessaven:

Besides, if GEJ wasn't actually giving us free and fair elections, will Buhari's supporters even have hope? No matter how false it may be?

What?? ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by AljUche: 5:11am On Apr 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

But we cant even be 50% sure that Ribadu's vote will descend on Buhari. Ribadu stepping down is going to cause a lot of confusion and frustration in Nigeria. This is not only going to affect the SW, but other regions currently supporting Ribadu.

It's too late. Saturday is less than 5 days away.

maybe so but i still believe tinubu can do something

Buhari only needs 25% of the votes not even up to 50% to win the election
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by AljUche: 5:14am On Apr 13, 2011
soloqy:

The issue is that the South West voted for the AC reps because its their National Reps. The South West is dynamic. Tinubu has control only over card carrying party members and thats why I feel any attempt at courting/wooing him is a waste of time. The people are going to vote whoever they want in the presidential elections. Its important people know this now so that they dont get to start singing rigging again when it happens.

Sorry i want to ask a question and i hope you do not mind

Are you a Swestern/yoruba ?

if so, why would you think jonathan is going to win in the SW. What is the economic and political advantage that would give SWers
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Genius100: 5:15am On Apr 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Hey  .  . you told a lie . . . none of the claims you made where based on fact. What did you expect me to do? Not call a spade, a spade? You're the one who claimed you had where there and so knew all, only to churn out known lies.   undecided

PS. the he who laughs  last laughs best thing doe snot apply here!

Isn't it ironic that the biggest peddler of market women rumor on Nairaland has the temerity to say someone is making claims not based on facts. Hey clown, that's your specialty. The same clown that argued for pages that power was not a problem when Buhari was President. A clown who has the nerve to beat her chest like a gorilla claiming she never changes her mind, as if that is a positive quality. Please!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 13, 2011
Alj Uche:

maybe so but i still believe tinubu can do something

Buhari only needs 25% of the votes not even up to 50% to win the election
Understandable.  kiss

There's no way to be 50-100% sure that X> 25%>X those votes will go to Buhari tho.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 13, 2011
Genius100:

Isn't it ironic that the biggest peddler of market women rumor on Nairaland has the temerity to say someone is making claims not based on facts. Hey clown, that's your specialty. The same clown that argued for pages that power was not a problem when Buhari was President. A clown who has the nerve to beat her chest like a gorilla claiming she never changes her mind, as if that is a positive quality. Please!!

I hope that in the next 45 secs, you'll realize that if you cannot hold an intelligent discussion, you have the main right to STFU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

How Buhari Compensated Allies With NNPC Board Appointments - Daily Trust / Nigerians In Niger Cry Out — We Support Niger; We Don't Want Attack On Niger / APC Declares Fayose Threat To National Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.