Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,727 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Ribadu Stands Down - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Stands Down (21796 Views)

BREAKING: Court Stands Down To Await Dasuki’s Arrival / Drama In Court As Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Take His Plea, Judge Stands Down (PHOTO / Fec Stands Down Motion To Declare Yar'adua Unfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Stands Down by blacksta(m): 9:07pm On Apr 12, 2011
Beaf:

I can't stop laughing at the permutations here. PDP has already won the elections with their NASS victory.
Its gonna be a stonking victory for GEJ, cos any CPC - ACN merger makes no sense.

what nass victory are you talking about when roughly about 60 % of votes have not be declared
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
I will forever appreciate this from Tinubu and Ribadu , honestly and i will. Omo buruku lojo tie and today Tinubu and Ribadu have gotten their days.

Let mass awareness start on the CPC logo .

Kai GEJ,OBJ,Anenih and co might commit suicide the way this thing is going o
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
blacksta:

Abeg no let panic kill you - it makes absolute sense for ribadu to stand down why spilt votes? - Putting to end to ineptitude is more important compared to who holds majority in a nass.   With a strong president nass will fall in place - it is all about negotiation - Just like how obama is handling the house in the u.s

Panic? You must be dreaming.
Let them form all the alliances under the sun (especially stvpid ones like this), it will only make GEJ's victory all the sweeter. Imagine oyibo like you making permutations!
Laf no wound me for dis NL sha! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by EvilBrain1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
Buhari will sweep the north. Buhari will sweep the southwest. Jonathan will sweep the floor of Aso Rock after packing his load.

I'm lolling at the thought of all the PDP thieves Buhari is going to send to prison. Sorry y'all, its time to GTFO.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ektbear: 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2011
Lol at anyone thinking NASS will save them. Those PDP northerners will decamp to CPC if Buhari wins
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Apr 12, 2011
If this really happened, then  I am moving back to Nigeria next year ooo!!! YipEEE~!~!!!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
blacksta:

what nass victory are you talking about when roughly about 60 % of votes have not be declared

LOL! Almost all SW has been done and CPC can't even win if it was just Buhari's family voting. Its such a useless party.
So who do you think is gonna get the bulk of undeclared results? grin grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kilode1: 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

Ministerial slots and SGF might have been on the table. Maybe Bakare might make some sacrifices as well only God knows the deal but things will become clearer.

SW are enlightened and people could be told to vote CPC but votes in Benue, Anambra, Edo state, Adamawa is what i am worried about. The rural areas in the SW might be a factor as well

Don't listen to these people. if the news is true, it seem it is;

Fola Adeola turned a little known bank into a financial behemoth in record time, Tinubu did same with ACN and a totally unknown Fashola.

Our people are not dum/b, they know the value of a PEN, they can put the BROOM down and pick the PEN up in record time.  cool

I feel sorry for those supporting PDP, that nest of killers.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by PapaBrowne(m): 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

But how do we enlighten the whole electorate not to thumprint on  the ACN logo on sat. Millions of votes might be lost as void votes oh gosh , why did this not come earlier.
Exactly why I say this is coming too late. By law, campaigning ends on Thursday. So Tinubu and his ACN gang have only tommorow to get this information out to the nooks and crannies of the villages. Now how is that possible These guys have made the election easier for GEJ. The only time the Jonathan camp can have cause to worry is if Shekarau steps down. Ribadu stepping down gives Jonathan full control of the south west!
It way too late for this to benefit Buhari.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Coolabbie: 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2011
Dav.e:

See mess up. Mess up!!!

Alliance or no alliance, GEJ is sweeping across Naija on Saturday!
Yup! He will be swept lyk a leaf by tornado buhari.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by bencobenz(m): 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2011
Finally, PDP can now rest in pieces. . . .
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by lacidi: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2011
The more I read Nairaland, the more I realise that a lot of people are out of touch with reality. Lets wait till Saturday, PDP has just been handed the presidency.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Pharoh: 9:14pm On Apr 12, 2011
They just handed PDP the presidency on a platter of Gold. grin cheesy
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
lacidi:

The more I read Nairaland, the more I realise that a lot of people are out of touch with reality. Lets wait till Saturday, PDP has just been handed the presidency.

No mind dem jare! That was how Buhari was going to sweep everything, only to end up with 3% of NASS. LOL!
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Exactly why I say this is coming too late. By law, campaigning ends on Thursday. So Tinubu and his ACN gang have only tommorow to get this information out to the nooks and crannies of the villages. Now how is that possible These guys have made the election easier for GEJ. The only time the Jonathan camp can have cause to worry is if Shekarau steps down. Ribadu stepping down gives Jonathan full control of the south west!
It way too late for this to benefit Buhari.

Formal campaign ends on thurs butinformal campaign finishes after the election. Te message will spread like wild fire in the SW, ward leaders will pass the message to their wards easily IMO. ACN strongholds even on election day agents will shout dont vote for ACN o. Some votes will be lost bt Buhari only needs 30% of SW towin this election.

This alliance will garner Buhari at least 50% of SW votes. 20% in Anambra, 35% in Akwa Ibom, 40% in BEnue , 80% in Edo state and let u welcome BB train to Aso Rock
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2011
ACN has swallowed a bomb! The implosion will be so heavy.

Reuters was right after-all, GEJ will eventually pull 80% of Lagos votes!

But. . . I would like to hear Ribadu announce this news himself.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ektbear: 9:17pm On Apr 12, 2011
Keep believing in delusions.

No man can lose an election in Nigeria if he has 2 of the 3 largest voting blocks in the country behind him. Now, one might question how solidly behind Buhari one of the blocks is. But if they vote in massive #s for him, he will win. Simple as that.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kilode1: 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2011
Let us calm down though, this is not confirmed yet, we all know this is crazy season.

Let us calm down cool
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 9:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
Lagosboy:

Formal campaign ends on thurs butinformal campaign finishes after the election. Te message will spread like wild fire in the SW, ward leaders will pass the message to their wards easily IMO. ACN strongholds even on election day agents will shout dont vote for ACN o. Some votes will be lost bt Buhari only needs 30% of SW towin this election.

This alliance will garner Buhari at least 50% of SW votes. 20% in Anambra, 35% in Akwa Ibom, 40% in BEnue , 80% in Edo state and let u welcome BB train to Aso Rock

No be Lagos I de stay? People ain't so stvpid that they will vote for Buhari, instead ACN will lose a lot of respect if true. How do you bow down to a micro party? grin grin grin grin
ACN is 10 times more successful than the mushroom CPC (NASS seats ACN 30%, CPC 3%). Go figure.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by jason123: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2011
I am very unhappy with this news because it proves two things:
1) It shows that the north still has this born to rule mentality. I mean, did Falae step down for OBJ Why do the north always step down for each other just so they do not split the Northern vote?! angry The tribalism and regional sentiment in this country is just appalling!!!
2) Is this the alliance of ACN and CPC I do not want ACN to join up with CPC because it will guarantee a win which means the SS and SE will be relegated and that will be unfair. Instead, they should stay apart and let the best person win.

BTW, these northern people can be tribalistic attimes . angry angry angry
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2011
Abeg make i go sleep joo, i have checked all the news no other source is confirming this news. I better calm down  wink
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by efisher(m): 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
If the news is false, then someone is deliberately putting a crack on the walls of ACN! Daily times could be charged to court for that.

BTW, Why has Sahara Reporters not carried the news?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2011
This Beaf of a thing is a baby politician - you are ignorantly thinking an average northerner will use his tumb to vote for GEJ when there is a Buhari? You will be shocked.

Go to norther states and ask about Buhari. If a single man without money can use his love by the people to turn the table against the incumbent in two states and the influence is fet as far as other far states even when he is not the one contesting, I can tell you with Ribadu stepping down, GEJ is gone. Deceipt has ended, light has come and Nigeria will be great again.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Kilode1: 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2011
jason123:

1) It shows that the north still has this born to rule mentality. I mean, did Falae step down for OBJ Why do the north always step down for each other just so they do not split the Northern vote?! angry The tribalism and regional sentiment in this country is just appalling!!!
2) Is this the alliance of ACN and CPC I do not want ACN to join up with CPC because it will guarantee a win which means the SS and SE will be relegated and that will be unfair. Instead, they should stay apart and let the best person win.

Calm down. it is just Nairaland rumor for now, no confirmation yet.

Besides, in an atmosphere of justice -with a Buhari Presidency- NO-ONE will be relegated.

SS might actually get to keep most of their resources with a weak center, It's a WIN-WIN situation for everybody.

It is still Nairaland rumor though cool
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Lagosboy: 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2011
jason123:

Why could the SE not produce an aspirant as well? The SE chose to go with GEJ and you dont see that as unfair ?
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2011
Kilode?!:

Calm down. it is just Nairaland rumor for now, no confirmation yet.

Besides in an atmosphere of justice-with a Buhari Presidency- NO-ONE will be relegated.

SS might actually get to keep most of their resources with a weak center, It's a WIN-WIN situation for everybody.

It is still Nairaland rumor though cool

You actually think the SS would tolerate a Buhari presidency? You got jokes. cool
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Remii(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2011
jason123:

I don't think they really have "born to rule" mentality, they are kinda protesting zoning agreement violation. They allowed OBJ  to represent south for 8 yrs, it got to their turn, their pikin died mindway then the southner that is supposed to honour a deal is sing another tune.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2011
It is not a NL rumour - it is a DailyTrust rumour. Lets wait and see.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by ektbear: 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2011
Anyway, if Goodluck manages to prevail despite this, then kudos to him. . . he would then truly, truly deserve it. In my opinion.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Beaf: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2011
efisher:

If the news is false, then someone is deliberately putting a crack on the walls of ACN! Daily times could be charged to court for that.

BTW, Why has Sahara Reporters not carried the news?

Well, ACN has set itself up for all sorts of intrigue, cos Tinubu see's a chance to make a killing. Its politricks season.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by Wadeoye(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2011
Please put this thread on the home page, I am loving it.
Re: Ribadu Stands Down by semid4lyfe(m): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2011
Heheeheeee grin grin

You don see where tilapia dey swallow shark before?

This news is as false as Pamela Anderson's boobs grin

No lele. . .GEJ is still on his way to victory come Saturday. Ayatollah Bin Buhari will be trashed as surely as India will trash Namibia in a game of cricket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Governor Ambode Meets With Civil Servants (pic) / Ali Redeploys 69 Comptrollers Of Customs / “Sowore’s Travails Are Self Inflicted. He Created The Tragic Villain” - Reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.