Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially (1820 Views)

A Beautiful Nigerian Wedding// Childhood Friends Get Married / The 6 Little Things That Melts A Woman's Heart / 6 Ways To Identify Girls You Should Never Get Married To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Hamachi(f): 9:00am On Mar 11, 2021
A common problem nowadays is how lonely people are. A lot of them are unable to socialize and or unwilling to in some cases. Even those who genuinely want to make more connections end up not knowing where to start or what to do.

Here are 6 ways to do it.

1- Multiply new meetings

Get out there and meet people. Call old friends and organize a meeting. It sounds stupid but you make more friends if you don't meet people. You can't possibly get better socially if you don't practice and put yourself in front of live situations.

2- Capitalize on your friends' friends:

The easiest way to meet new people is through your existing friends. They probably know or hang out with people that are somewhat similar to them. This saves you the trouble of approaching total strangers. Plus you already have mutuals. Having mutuals eases the first approach and makes it way smoother. You already have a common point to talk about (your mutual friend) so the conversation is more likely to have a starting point. Use this to your advantage.

3- Focus on common points:

As mentioned above, the easiest way to make friends is focusing on what you have in common. By doing so you explain to your interlocutor that they can feel safe while talking to you. That because you explicitly let them know that you relate to them.

4- Suspend your judgement for a while:

Don't be too quick to judge. Let people prove their worth but do not let pre-made ideas you might have of them define their value. Give people the time to show their true nature. Goes both positively and negatively. Gather enough info first

5- Take care of your relationships

Don't take anyone for granted. It costs nothing to call them once in a while to see how they're doing. If you do this often enough, you can make sure that the day you'll call to ask for something.. They'll be there. Be smart about it.

6- Understand that you can't be everyone's friend

This is probably the most important If it doesn't click with someone or the vibe with them is off Simply move on. If someone who used to be a friend became distant. Simply move on. No one is essential, everyone is replaceable

That was all, let's sum up:

1-Meet more people
2-Capitalize on your friends' friends
3-Focus on common points
4-Wait before judging
5-Take care of your relationships
6-Accept that you can't be on everyone's good side

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Xenry: 9:06am On Mar 11, 2021
Make money, that's all you need.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Hamachi(f): 9:08am On Mar 11, 2021
As I always say, if you want to become wealthy, it starts with financial education.

There is surely a correlation between financial intelligence and wealth. The more you understand, the smarter decisions you can make. The smarter decisions you make, the more money you can make.
Xenry:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Hamachi(f): 7:09am On Mar 13, 2021
The rich understand money:

- They learn
- They invest
- They get ahead
- They are consistent
- They stay disciplined
- They push themselves
- They grow their knowledge

Use money as a tool: To earn more money.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Nice one dear hamachi, I Learnt a lot from this esp as a semi- introvert and not so social person like me. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:58am On Mar 13, 2021
Hamachi:
A common problem nowadays is how lonely people are. A lot of them are unable to socialize and or unwilling to in some cases. Even those who genuinely want to make more connections end up not knowing where to start or what to do.

Here are 6 ways to do it.

1- Multiply new meetings

Get out there and meet people. Call old friends and organize a meeting. It sounds stupid but you make more friends if you don't meet people. You can't possibly get better socially if you don't practice and put yourself in front of live situations.

2- Capitalize on your friends' friends:

The easiest way to meet new people is through your existing friends. They probably know or hang out with people that are somewhat similar to them. This saves you the trouble of approaching total strangers. Plus you already have mutuals. Having mutuals eases the first approach and makes it way smoother. You already have a common point to talk about (your mutual friend) so the conversation is more likely to have a starting point. Use this to your advantage.

3- Focus on common points:

As mentioned above, the easiest way to make friends is focusing on what you have in common. By doing so you explain to your interlocutor that they can feel safe while talking to you. That because you explicitly let them know that you relate to them.

4- Suspend your judgement for a while:

Don't be too quick to judge. Let people prove their worth but do not let pre-made ideas you might have of them define their value. Give people the time to show their true nature. Goes both positively and negatively. Gather enough info first

5- Take care of your relationships

Don't take anyone for granted. It costs nothing to call them once in a while to see how they're doing. If you do this often enough, you can make sure that the day you'll call to ask for something.. They'll be there. Be smart about it.

6- Understand that you can't be everyone's friend

This is probably the most important If it doesn't click with someone or the vibe with them is off Simply move on. If someone who used to be a friend became distant. Simply move on. No one is essential, everyone is replaceable

That was all, let's sum up:

1-Meet more people
2-Capitalize on your friends' friends
3-Focus on common points
4-Wait before judging
5-Take care of your relationships
6-Accept that you can't be on everyone's good side

Great piece, you would make a very good teacher.
Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:01am On Mar 13, 2021
Xenry:

You must be a joker. Relationships is the highest form of currency in the world and money being the least.

You only gather much falsehood if all you have is money.

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Hamachi(f): 8:12am On Mar 13, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

You must be a joker. Relationships is the highest form of currency in the world and money being the least.

You only gather much falsehood if all you have is money.
Spot on

1 Like

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Hamachi(f): 8:09am On Mar 17, 2021
wink
smart1204:
Nice one dear hamachi, I Learnt a lot from this esp as a semi- introvert and not so social person like me. Keep it up.
Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by khengxlei(m): 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2021
Xenry:
TRUE!

Make money and see friends com ur way

1 Like

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Hamachi(f): 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
cheesy
khengxlei:

TRUE!

Make money and see friends com ur way
Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Polynek(m): 3:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
4 me, I don't hv friends and is not giving me any concern bcox the world is full of evil, your Bex friend can be ur worst enemy 2moro. Whenever am bored I go to d field and play football with some guys out there. I also watch football matches very well. I hv many tinx to keep myself busy whenever am bored, Example playing of table tennis, snooker, playing video games infact everything about sports I love it. I don't need friends 4 now. na Moni de my mind

1 Like

Re: The 6 Ways To Make More Friends & Get Better Socially by Hamachi(f): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
wink
Polynek:
4 me, I don't hv friends and is not giving me any concern bcox the world is full of evil, your Bex friend can be ur worst enemy 2moro. Whenever am bored I go to d field and play football with some guys out there. I also watch football matches very well. I hv many tinx to keep myself busy whenever am bored, Example playing of table tennis, snooker, playing video games infact everything about sports I love it. I don't need friends 4 now. na Moni de my mind

(1) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Of 3years Got Another Woman Pregnant / As A Woman What Will U Take Back 4rm Ur Boyfriend If He Decides That It Is Over? / How A Feminist Overpowered Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.