Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,069 members, 7,811,000 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State (16041 Views)

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / Kennedy Ibeh Commissioning Of Bet9ja Project: The True Story / Kennedy Ibeh Builds Betting Shop, Commissions It As Constituency Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by beautyhd: 10:15am On Mar 12, 2021
Long overdue
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by chuose2: 10:15am On Mar 12, 2021
grin
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Mancrossfire: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2021
It's taking a toll on their young ladies already grin grin cheesy
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Godsonkemz(m): 10:17am On Mar 12, 2021
It's a welcome development though the price is still high (180k + 80k which is enough to marry 5 women in my community). High cost of marriage has prevented many men from marrying and left their daughters singles for life.

I know so many Imo ladies from late 20s to late 30s mainly from mbano, mbaise, Owerri, Mbaitolu, Ikeduru etc who are still expectant of marriage just because men can't afford their expensive marriage list.

3 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by theFilmtric: 10:17am On Mar 12, 2021
Lalasticlala why did you delete my post ??
These guys are shameless o shocked angry

theFilmtricsay
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Omoslim26: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2021
;DAswear no be small matter the Yoruba man wey marry one of my cousin I just dey look the guy when him dey read list wey dem give am

guy I no get choice dan to pity the young nigga

e be like say na mbaino and mbaise own na im worse pass

for mbaitolu e no too plenty

we go bill you but we no go cut ya head

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by wwwihy: 10:19am On Mar 12, 2021
They will soon blame afonjas and Tinubu
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by NybenSBF101(m): 10:19am On Mar 12, 2021
Let it be at a flat rate of 18k, defaulters be punished with a fine of 20 million, which will be given to the groom or face 15 years in prison

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by josephft2000: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2021
The way Igbos sell their daughters under the guise of marriage is worrisome. Anyway, in Igbo land, women are relegated to the background. Honestly, 80k as dowry fee is too outrageous.

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Levi218(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2021
God bless this man for this, many people whom where with the power to settle this outrageous scam long time ago has overlooked. They are mostly in office for the money forgetting their supposed duties.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by pansophist(m): 10:21am On Mar 12, 2021
Does the government really need to regulate human greed ? It speaks about the greed of the imolites, with their ridiculous brideprice that is rendering their woman single, and still won't change it until the government draft a law for it. But bride price or not, imo women are not known to be virtuous. It's also a reason, not only bride price.

5 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by iammolise(m): 10:22am On Mar 12, 2021
This bill had better be passed(for the sake of my IMO babe... I'm about this close to "abandoning ship" grin

2 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Kaccychris: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2021
Atleast my friend Johnbosco can marry.

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Eze2000(m): 10:28am On Mar 12, 2021
jlinkd78:
Isn't it still high with a compulsory bill already over N260k?

You are not ready for marriage you can't afford to support a woman well. Hustle a bit more.

Forget what people say about money not being able buy or happiness. If you really wanna enjoy both you go pay well.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by ike95: 10:28am On Mar 12, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Long over due

Imo people are using marriage as poverty alleviation.

I still remember when elder bro wanted to marry from there, it was so shocking to see one G- wagon Mercedes benz for the father of the bride, and a range rover for the mother... naso we read list the laugh, my brother been drive 1999 model Toyota Camry, when we remember it, we even laugh more... we tried all we could but to no avail.. las las senior man yappa o.

Imo people think they're doing me, they ,don't know they're doing their daughters.
Liar, ONYEashi,lIE, liar
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by tamunobello: 10:30am On Mar 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by IYANGBALI: 10:34am On Mar 12, 2021
See as vickyrotex and mynd44 dey happy

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Kebbiprince: 10:34am On Mar 12, 2021
pansophist:
Does the government really need to regulate human greed ? It speaks about the greed of the imolites, with their ridiculous brideprice that is rendering their woman single, and still won't change it until the government draft a law for it. But bride price or not, imo women are not known to be virtuous. It's also a reason, not only bride price.
Which virtuous, Imo women are the worst set of igbo women u will wish to marry, dem no de even tey for marriage, always divorcing
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by IYANGBALI: 10:36am On Mar 12, 2021
Igbo said selling their daughters in the name of marriage grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by ogbonti: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2021
MrIcredible:
This is a welcome idea.

I can't imagine how guys spend so much on some of these girls....

To imagine that a girl that's;

NOT A VIRGIN...

HAVE AT LEAST 10 BODY COUNTS ALREADY...

NOT REALLY GOING TO Contribute to the marriage etc, will require SO MUCH TO MARRY....

NONSENSE!

marrying LIABILITY grin grin grin grin

An old friend of mine recently asked me for financial support to help pay for his sister-in-law's daughter's medical bills. I was like whaaaaaaat? Are you the messiah of your wife's "EXTENDED" family? Where does the scope of financial responsibility to your wife's family end in Nigeria's "HUSBAND SLAVERY & LIABILITY" marriages? - So, once you marry a girl, all their never-ending family financial wahala becomes your head ache....? hmmmmmmmm - na wa oo angry No wonder men do not live long in Nigeria - unregulated family stress kills faster than AIDS+CANCER combined - Be guided!

3 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Advancedman(m): 10:39am On Mar 12, 2021
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1384704/imo-senator-sponsors-bill-regulate-cost-marriage/

Painful part is that Some ladies takes pride in these inhumane act relatively to being a female yet expect the man to treat them as superhuman.
You are being sold off No name in your father's house, No Inheritance and No Voice.
Who Cursed the Female folks with stupidity and foolishness above all GREED
and SELF DECEPTION?

2 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Aguilar(m): 10:40am On Mar 12, 2021
Echile:

We the elders are not in support of it. We are Imolite and we are differ from others. We aren't changing nothing in our Bride price. wink
abi una dey mad who una elder help.

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by double77: 10:42am On Mar 12, 2021
YelloweWest:
Whu are we Africans so obsessed with marriage? Of the numerous problems we have, which good polices can solve, why is it that marriage seems to always get more of our attention?
Are you gay?
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by SmartPolician: 10:44am On Mar 12, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

Long over due

Imo people are using marriage as poverty alleviation.

I still remember when elder bro wanted to marry from there, it was so shocking to see one G- wagon Mercedes benz for the father of the bride, and a range rover for the mother... naso we read list the laugh, my brother been drive 1999 model Toyota Camry, when we remember it, we even laugh more... we tried all we could but to no avail.. las las senior man yappa o.

Imo people think they're doing me, they don't know they're doing their daughters.

Keep lying.

You lots make it harder for sane minds to believe the stuff they read online.

G-Wagon ko, aeroplane ni.

3 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by sojfarm: 10:49am On Mar 12, 2021
I hope nobody is suprised again why Nigeria is a failed state.

Of all the problems in the state, cost of marriage is a priority
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Funkeshuga(m): 10:50am On Mar 12, 2021
omolakaka:
Abeg make dem do the same for Abia.....mk I for ginger go do Amaka grin own comot

Abia is not as much as IMO, I Think Anambra is the most lenient among all most esp if you're marrying from a rich family
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by ParkleElegant: 10:55am On Mar 12, 2021
YelloweWest:
Whu are we Africans so obsessed with marriage? Of the numerous problems we have, which good polices can solve, why is it that marriage seems to always get more of our attention?

you speak well,
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 12, 2021
Bride price should be N50,000.

Marriage rites N100,000.

Otherwise una never ready.

Hungry and greedy people looking for people to prey on in the name of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Rapture4real(m): 10:57am On Mar 12, 2021
Let me introduce you to pi network
Pi is a new form.of cryptocurrency ,just like bitcoin in its early stage in2008 it's being mined for free now.and the process of mining it is stress free.all you need to do is download the app sign up and click a button once every 24hrs.
Though the cryptocurrency has no value now till it's listed in stock market/exchange by the need of 2021.
But untill then people are mining it for free and accumulating pi coin and it has over 13million plus users and counting.
Mining might stop at anytime because the coreteam are developing pi wallet and market places when they are done,it will stop.
So download the app and start mining,it will not take you more than 5sec of your time everyday to do so for a brighter future when it actually becomes reality.And don't forget to verify your number or Facebook by going to your profile in the app.by doing this ,you will not loose your earning when pi goes to exchnange,
If you are interested, download Pi app from play store and enter my invite code (pst4sam) on sign-up

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2021
jlinkd78:
Isn't it still high with a compulsory bill already over N260k?

N260k is still high.

And we know, the greedy village people will still want to add one or two to that.

N150k should be enough.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Osinbajo Storms Yobe (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At INEC Office In Imo (Photo) / Osinbajo To Lead FG Fact-finding Team To Tompolo’s Home Base, Other N’delta Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.