Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,189 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State (16044 Views)

Ojema Ojetu Sponsors Bill Seeking To Stop NW, SS, SW From Presidential Election / Kennedy Ibeh Commissioning Of Bet9ja Project: The True Story / Kennedy Ibeh Builds Betting Shop, Commissions It As Constituency Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Charly68: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2021
Just thinking ,can they legislate against tradition and culture ? It won't work..the other side of the high cost of wedding we need to consider is the area of maturity.. unless you are financially stable in Igbo land you can't dare marriage.. this has truly encourage the youth to be serious minded and goal getters.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by just2endowed: 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2021
na waoh
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by just2endowed: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2021
Charly68:
Just thinking ,can they legislate against tradition and culture ? It won't work..the other side of the high cost of wedding we need to consider is the area of maturity.. unless you are financially stable in Igbo land you can't dare marriage.. this has truly encourage the youth to be serious minded and goal getters.

and also encourage more youth to be dubious and engage in criminal activities all because of money.

I beg check my siggy

2 Likes

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Ikinternational: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2021
jlinkd78:
Isn't it still high with a compulsory bill already over N260k?

Even a sex doll costs more than that

Guy just come for the girl when you're ready

If a quarter of a million naira is still a problem, you don't deserve my daughter's hand in marriage im sorry

I don't need daddy please phone calls
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Ikinternational: 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
MrIcredible:
This is a welcome idea.

I can't imagine how guys spend so much on some of these girls....

To imagine that a girl that's;

NOT A VIRGIN...

HAVE AT LEAST 10 BODY COUNTS ALREADY...

NOT REALLY GOING TO Contribute to the marriage etc, will require SO MUCH TO MARRY....

NONSENSE!

Tears of Poverty

Who is forcing you to marry abeg?

Bricklayers don't get wife? Simply go find your wife where you can afford.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Ikinternational: 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
Let's also sanction all the Benz n Lexus drivers. It's not fair they get to steal all the fine babes.

We're creating a problem where none exits. Government has no role in private love affairs.

These are private negotiations. Let it remain that way
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Ikinternational: 4:10pm On Mar 12, 2021
So many of you like to pretend you're doing well on nairaland. But threads like this you always unknowingly expose yourselves.

Imagine still whining over not even 500k.

How do you people survive emergencies?
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by holywind(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
ottalo:
My four sisters are all married to different tribe
wow thats good
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by holywind(m): 4:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
ottalo:
Just find and good Esan girl marry and rest your mind
oh thanks
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by EmekaA125(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
MrIcredible:
This is a welcome idea.

I can't imagine how guys spend so much on some of these girls....

To imagine that a girl that's;

NOT A VIRGIN...

HAVE AT LEAST 10 BODY COUNTS ALREADY...

NOT REALLY GOING TO Contribute to the marriage etc, will require SO MUCH TO MARRY....

NONSENSE!
Whether virgin or not, won't her brideprice be paid?
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by EmekaA125(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kennitrust:
I pray this should happen in AkwaIbom state.

The tradition of this my state(AkwaIbom) is heartbreaking concerning marriage.

Marriage in my state is a thing of the rich
Same girl will be having sex with all the men in the neighborhood without her husband knowing. Akwa Ibom own is worse aswear.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by EmekaA125(m): 4:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
pozehnani:
Let them pass a bill to regulate the cost of housing. Especially in Lagos. It's alarming.

Marriage is a personal issue, they should stay out of it.
The most pressing one now is the rate at which landlords are inflating house rents and the spaces in these houses are so small....

The govt should help us look into this as well. it's crazy.
Shut up. Marriage is a personal issue because you ladies don't contribute a dime towards it. U don't care if a man's pocket is drained just to prove what I don't know. U diverted a topic being discussed to cost of house rent in far away Lagos State. Mtcheeeeeew
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by EmekaA125(m): 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
Welcome development. Imo people showed my cousin pepper when he came to marry their daughter from Ngor-Okpala. Despite the long journey, they made sure nothing is left of him due to their excessive demand just because she's a Nurse in Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki where she and my cousin met. It wasn't not funny at all. At a point, they hid her inside, saying our people and kindred from Awka won't go with her until all the marriage rite is completed without removing one kobo. My cousin came prepared shaa but the way the girl's kindred went about the whole bride price stuff was uncalled for. Something urgent needs to be done to reduce Imo marriage list. It's just too much for young men who are just starting life. Anambra, Enugu and Ebonyi are considerable and guess what, my elder brother will be going to Ebonyi soon from Anambra. His wife to be is a homely and well mannered girl.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by PDJT: 5:20pm On Mar 12, 2021
ottalo:
That's why I like my tribe ohh bride price na #20 items you go bring no go reach 100k

-And the name of your tribe?
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by PDJT: 5:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ikinternational:

Even a sex doll costs more than that

Guy just come for the girl when you're ready

If a quarter of a million naira is still a problem, you don't deserve my daughter's hand in marriage im sorry

I don't need daddy please phone calls

-How old are your daughters at the moment?
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by TheOgaBoss: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2021
jlinkd78:
fair
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by TheOgaBoss: 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2021
MrIcredible:
NA HOW YOUR TOTO BE AND HOW MUCH YOU'RE BRINGING TO THE TABLE IN THE MARRIAGE SUPPOSED DETERMINE BRISE PRICE.

Girls with more than 2 body counts do not deserve bride price.
2? Nobody go collect beide price be day na.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by MrIcredible: 6:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ikinternational:

Tears of Poverty

Who is forcing you to marry abeg?

Bricklayers don't get wife? Simply go find your wife where you can afford.

Lol
My message torch and touch your bone marrow grin

In your next life, always use your brain before you act.

Don't get carried away with lies to get loose cool
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by galantjoe(m): 7:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
Effort in futility. The lawmakers cannot tell the parents on how to be paid after training their children
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Ikinternational: 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
MrIcredible:

Lol
My message torch and touch your bone marrow grin

In your next life, always use your brain before you act.

Don't get carried away with lies to get loose cool

I have no idea what any of this means guy
Don't start pretending for me..
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Pharoahman: 1:30am On Mar 13, 2021
efeteb:
This can only work in IMO state, If it is from the supreme court. IMO girls should be happy with this. Supreme Marriage

We pray it works because their ladies (both old and young) are too many in hotels.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by abbeynism(m): 4:51am On Mar 13, 2021
pozehnani:
Let them pass a bill to regulate the cost of housing. Especially in Lagos. It's alarming.

Marriage is a personal issue, they should stay out of it.
The most pressing one now is the rate at which landlords are inflating house rents and the spaces in these houses are so small....

The govt should help us look into this as well. it's crazy.

If marriage is personal issue, then you can bear the cost of the Lagos rent. That's also personal issue.

1 Like

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 13, 2021
Government should not interfere in this. If you value her, nothing will stop you. You can fast and pray against their bride list. Anyways, i am a Yoruba man who married a Yoruba lady. It cost me almost nothing except wedding day expenses to marry a special lady

https://www./199678591951980

Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by IGBOGENE27(m): 8:31am On Mar 13, 2021
jlinkd78:

He said the traditional ceremony and the bride Price shall not exceed #180,000 and #80, 000 respectively. This means that you may spend or collect a price lower than the the one stated above.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by NnadyAutos: 9:48am On Mar 13, 2021
Hon.member, when your daughter grow up to marriage you can give her free of charge to whoever want to marry her..The government you are part of don't contribute anything to help parents train their children, what you will do is to sponsor bill to regulate marriage.You don't regulate the cost of buying car which is million naira, it is cost of marriage you want to regulate.Car and human being which suppose to be costlier.Marriage can produce Governor, president and more influential personalities, but cars you buy at exorbitant price cannot.So you want cost of marriage to be cheaper than cars.
Re: Kennedy Ibeh Sponsors Bill To Regulate Cost Of Marriage In Imo State by Ekaychukusidney(m): 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
Mbaise people right now ��

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does Senator Ali Modu Sheriff Want? / Corruption Allegations: In Case FG Has Forgotten These Cases! By Dirisu Yakubu / ECOWAS Says 'D-Day' Set For Possible Niger Intervention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.