Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times (26411 Views)

What Are The Best Movies You Watched In 2021? / Video Cassette: Can You Still Remember Movies You Watched With This? / What Is The Best Movie You Watched In 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Rocktation(f): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
srrrr:

Where can I download it

Oh oh..Idk. Maybe if I find out, I'll quote you. It was forced on me via my external hard disc drive and I remember that it was super heavy like 1.5 gig. I almost killed the guy at the time. Lol.
But mennn, it was worth it. Wonderful plot plus I could see every drop of sweat, because of the 1.5gig quality. That Kunle Afolayan rocks abeg.

1 Like

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Juliearth(f): 7:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
Winner90:
Remember nollywood classics like Ijele of the late 90s and early 2000s?
Whether Silent night or Darkest night, Igodo or Ibuka, End of the wicked or Endurance, All my life or Blood sister, Executive crime or First lady, or even Ego igwe! These movies are a product of stories well crafted, complex with sub-plots, and scripts well delivered.

I think these movies were made great by their ability to move, thrill and teach viewers lessons.

What other nollywood movies in recent years(let's say five years or more) moved you, stole your attention until it ended, and handed you some lessons?

FOR ME, I'll list the five I remember with their synopses.

Oath From Birth Starring Nosa Rex, Bam bam, Sam Obiago etc
It is the story of a brilliant young graduate languishing in the village. He encountered mysterious and painful failures on account of his refusal to lead the kindred dirty, reserved for first sons. The movie scared me by the way spiritual forces manipulated faces and reality to bring the young man misfortunes. You'll learn that where your navel was buried matters and how it pays for a lady to be loyal to a man who is promising.

Breaking chains Starring Zuby Michael, Nosa Rex, Rita edochie, Eve nssien, Echelon mbadiwe etc

A strong and courageous girl with sickle cell undertook to do the work of a domestic servant for a rich family on behalf of her mother. A man had died and the son claimed a number of people owed his father and vowed to recover the money by all means. One of the debtors, a woman, didn't have the money and had to pay by serving the family for one year or two (I've forgotten). Since the young girl hated his mothers humiliating condition, opted to do the work instead. Although the rich family didn't know about her health condition for most part, their action towards her changed from hostility and humiliation to affection.

The Duplex Starring Mike Ezuruonye, Omoni Oboli etc
In a funny and scary manner, a young couple were tormented by a ghost in their new house. After some enquiries, the strange phenomenon had to do with the man who built the house.
At least, we learned that buying instead of building a house can be problematic too.

Baby Boy Starring Frederick Leonard, Peggy ovire, Ruth Kadiri etc

It is a story of a man who was obsessed about having a son and maltreated the wife as a result. In fact, he abandoned her in the hospital after giving birth to another baby girl. Events lead him into getting another mistress and throwing the wife away. The mistress still couldn't give him the boy while the now homeless wife gave birth to much awaited baby boy and lost him to malaria. The one he married as a saviour finished him and left him poor while the one he rejected as worthless found a saviour and ended up rich. The lesson is patience.

Wife against Wife Starring Ken Erics, Chinenye Ubah etc
I watched this about two months ago. while discussing it yesterday, it was coincidentally shown. It is the story of a rich young couple disturbed by a woman's spirit at home. It happened that before the young man attained success and got married, he had done everything possible to succeed in life all to no avail. He once became a taxi driver and one day knocked a young lady down killing her. The dead girl's family tricked him into paying her bride prize, giving rise to the later jealous ghost. Attempt for spiritual solution to the torment unraveled a deeper secret- the one which caused his initial failures in life. 21 years earlier as a pupil, he had taken/ stolen his mother's money to give his child friend for school fees and the parents rained curses on the "thief" not knowing it was their son. They reversed the curses at night upon the return of the money by son's school teacher, except the curses the father spoke to the sun. He was later set free through prayer. The lesson is the power of the tongue and the danger of speaking carelessly. Also the role of a wife in spiritual intercession for her home.

pls share your good nollywood movies of recent times.

Mind sharing the download links for wife against wife, oath from birth and the duplex?
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by kizyalex10(m): 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
Winner90:
Whether Silent night or Darkest night, Igodo or Ibuka, End of the wicked or Endurance, All my life or Blood sister, Executive crime or First lady, or even Ego igwe! These movies are a product of stories well crafted, complex with sub-plots, and scripts well delivered.

I think these movies were made great by their ability to move, thrill and teach viewers lessons.

What other nollywood movies in recent years(let's say five years or more) moved you, stole your attention until it ended, and handed you some lessons?

It is the story of a brilliant young graduate languishing in the village. He encountered mysterious and painful failures on account of his refusal to lead the kindred dirty, reserved for first sons. The movie scared me by the way spiritual forces manipulated faces and reality to bring the young man misfortunes. You'll learn that where your navel was buried matters and how it pays for a lady to be loyal to a man who is promising.

Breaking chains Starring Zuby Michael, Nosa Rex, Rita edochie, Eve nssien, Echelon mbadiwe etc

A strong and courageous girl with sickle cell undertook to do the work of a domestic servant for a rich family on behalf of her mother. A man had died and the son claimed a number of people owed his father and vowed to recover the money by all means. One of the debtors, a woman, didn't have the money and had to pay by serving the family for one year or two (I've forgotten). Since the young girl hated his mothers humiliating condition, opted to do the work instead. Although the rich family didn't know about her health condition for most part, their action towards her changed from hostility and humiliation to affection.

In a funny and scary manner, a young couple were tormented by a ghost in their new house. After some enquiries, the strange phenomenon had to do with the man who built the house.
At least, we learned that buying instead of building a house can be problematic too.

It is a story of a man who was obsessed about having a son and maltreated the wife as a result. In fact, he abandoned her in the hospital after giving birth to another baby girl. Events lead him into getting another mistress and throwing the wife away. The mistress still couldn't give him the boy while the now homeless wife gave birth to much awaited baby boy and lost him to malaria. The one he married as a saviour finished him and left him poor while the one he rejected as worthless found a saviour and ended up rich. The lesson is patience.

I watched this about two months ago. while discussing it yesterday, it was coincidentally shown. It is the story of a rich young couple disturbed by a woman's spirit at home. It happened that before the young man attained success and got married, he had done everything possible to succeed in life all to no avail. He once became a taxi driver and one day knocked a young lady down killing her. The dead girl's family tricked him into paying her bride prize, giving rise to the later jealous ghost. Attempt for spiritual solution to the torment unraveled a deeper secret- the one which caused his initial failures in life. 21 years earlier as a pupil, he had taken/ stolen his mother's money to give his child friend for school fees and the parents rained curses on the "thief" not knowing it was their son. They reversed the curses at night upon the return of the money by son's school teacher, except the curses the father spoke to the sun. He was later set free through prayer. The lesson is the power of the tongue and the danger of speaking carelessly. Also the role of a wife in spiritual intercession for her home.

the best nollywood movie of all time is LION HEART by Genevieve nnaji,d movie is by far simply d best and not even your usual Nigeria movie with similar story line
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Ajibaba101(m): 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
living in bondage your excellency
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by RenaissanceGuy: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2021
Black November - about Niger Delta militancy. Superb storyline and an emotional ending.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Ajibaba101(m): 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
Winner90:
pls give their summary and lessons they teach.
can you summarize the lessons avengers and Money heist teaches??
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Winner90: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2021
Juliearth:

Mind sharing the download links for wife against wife, oath from birth and the duplex?
They're all on YouTube.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Juliearth(f): 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
Winner90:
They're all on YouTube.

I detest watching/downloading movies on YouTube. Thanks, nonetheless.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Victoria938(f): 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
Top secret
My wife my life
The humble servant
Atinga
Soul of a maiden
Funke the illiterate
Tears of hope
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by lugo99(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2021
papa ajasco, Iru eshin, abeere alhaja, olongbo dudu, ololade Mr. money, abela pupa, Sunday dagboru,
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by NonsoNna(m): 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
OLUTURE AND CHEIF DADDY
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Winner90: 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
Juliearth:

I detest watching/downloading movies on YouTube. Thanks, nonetheless.
Why?
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by uche785(m): 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2021
nneka the pretty sapet and Willi willi in RSTV Port Harcourt .
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Lordpeckxy(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2021
superCleanworks:
best wharrrrrt? funny

nollywood with their NOISY monotonic conversation styles and recycled storylines and over-used movie locations. so boring

nollywood still cant produce something as good as BARNEY AND FRIENDS after over 30 years of existence not to talk of an ancient movie like GHAZAB

Bro...
Your optimism is quite misplaced...

while we all love Hollywood, we all know most of their movies are fictions.

while you might abuse Nigerian films for their low standards, Most of their films are based on what is happening...

Nollywood portray reality,
But we all prefer the Hollywood style.

But the fact you have a negative opinion with that doesn't mean its trash.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Ademola47(m): 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2021
Gold Statue, Citation...

1 Like

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Ademola47(m): 9:32pm On Mar 12, 2021
Citation, Gold Statue...
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by jason0007: 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
Citation
Bandit
Gbemi

Am not a fan of naija movies but I must comment, starting from 2020 movies till date are full of suspense and mind blowing.. They are really stepping up(nollywood)... The likes of naija comedians, adesua etomi and more... Thumbs up
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by stancydg: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
Ratnik and A Soldier Story has taken Nollywood a notch higher into the realm of realistic action and VFX. A Soldier Story 2 promises even much more going by its super fantastic trailer. Don't take my word for it. Use google.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by superCleanworks(m): 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
Lordpeckxy:

Bro...
Your optimism is quite misplaced...

while we all love Hollywood, we all know most of their movies are fictions.

while you might abuse Nigerian films for their low standards, Most of their films are based on what is happening...

Nollywood portray reality,
But we all prefer the Hollywood style.

But the fact you have a negative opinion with that doesn't mean its trash.

THANKS for your very polite reply.
now back to the matter at hand, I have been watching nigerian movies and stuff since BEHIND THE CLOUDS, things fall apart and WITCH DOCTOR OF THE LIVING DEAD. the nigerian movie industry is like a baby that only changes new clothes and toys daily but never actually grows because Nigerians keep saying "at least they tried". we enjoy the mediocrity when we can actually do better with the art of movie making, acting and production.

make we leave the matter sha. whats my own??
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Hastala: 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by srrrr(m): 11:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
Rocktation:

Oh oh..Idk. Maybe if I find out, I'll quote you. It was forced on me via my external hard disc drive and I remember that it was super heavy like 1.5 gig. I almost killed the guy at the time. Lol.
But mennn, it was worth it. Wonderful plot plus I could see every drop of sweat, because of the 1.5gig quality. That Tunde Afolayan rocks abeg.
I've searched for it but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I've given up
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by DESAMSAMO: 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
WHO WILL TELL THE PRESIDENT
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Sniper101(m): 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
with the way things dey go for the country and how ppl condition dey worsen daily, who get time to sit down begin watch film from start to finish

e con be say na Naija movie?
no naa
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Rocktation(f): 11:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
srrrr:

I've searched for it but I couldn't find it anywhere. So I've given up

I found a link for you.

https://batatv.com/2020/05/13/nollywood-movie-october-1-2014-full-movie-download-720p-hd-mkv-mp4-avi/amp/

Enjoy!

If for some reason, the link doesn't open from here, type "where can I download October 1st" into google search engine. It will give you results as shown in the picture I posted below. Click the circled link and on entering, select the alternative download link to start downloading.

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by CyclistViola: 1:10am On Mar 13, 2021
Winner90:

Hello @Winner90. Please, would you mind sharing the link to get Breaking Chains? It's not on YouTube. Thanks.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Drizzy5001(m): 1:32am On Mar 13, 2021
Ukwa grin
Akidi
The Wedding
Zero hour
Osofia in London
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Nobody: 5:03am On Mar 13, 2021
Abattoir.....please watch this film

https://www./199678591951980

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by srrrr(m): 6:26am On Mar 13, 2021
Rocktation:

I found a link for you.

https://batatv.com/2020/05/13/nollywood-movie-october-1-2014-full-movie-download-720p-hd-mkv-mp4-avi/amp/

Enjoy!

If for some reason, the link doesn't open from here, type "where can I download October 1st" into google search engine. It will give you results as shown in the picture I posted below. Click the circled link and on entering, select the alternative download link to start downloading.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Sam119(m): 6:45am On Mar 13, 2021
1. Looking for Baami(very educative)

2. Size 12(selfishness & hilarious)

cool
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by CSTRR: 7:34am On Mar 13, 2021
chiiraq802:
I can never watch Nigerian movies. Them they act arrant nonsense.

If its not about Love, it will be about wicked mother in-law, and so many more gibberish.

Even b4 the movie start one would already know how it will end, coupled with those wack songs they normally play at the background. angry
Then shut up and let those that enjoy it talk.

The thread is not for you.

Shitiing on an industry that employs thousands of people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plot Twist As Nomination Night Turns Immediate Eviction / AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / BBNaija: Rivers State Government Asks For Support For Marvis (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.