Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,162 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times (26410 Views)

What Are The Best Movies You Watched In 2021? / Video Cassette: Can You Still Remember Movies You Watched With This? / What Is The Best Movie You Watched In 2018? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by CSTRR: 7:35am On Mar 13, 2021
Armaggedon:
who is deceiving you? the bold is the opinion of cinema movie makers. cinema movies are crap. They have good cinematography, good directing and are flamboyantly shot but very poor stories. A script is like a framework of a movie. Once a story lack relatability, universal appeal (does not appeal to all class, gender and age) and lacks connection to our culture, it will have no take home lesson and people will never connect to it.

The movies you speak of get shown once in a while on pay TV and they are nothing but over-mechanical hollywood wanna-be.
That is your subjective opinion.

Is oloture or October 1st a Hollywood wannabe?
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Galapagous(m): 7:51am On Mar 13, 2021
it should be 2019's oloture
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Ensquare(m): 7:56am On Mar 13, 2021
Black November.
All about what is actually going on in Niger Delta
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by ugwum007(m): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2021
Nollywood movies na
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:07am On Mar 13, 2021
ugwum007:
Blue 2020
My Wife to be 2021
Truth 2021
Enough 2020
Looking Back 2020

They are quite interesting
were can I download..and are they Nigerian or foreign
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by steinalb(m): 8:11am On Mar 13, 2021
My list of Nollywood movies that actually make sense:

Blue 2020
My Wife to be 2021
Truth 2021
Enough 2020
Looking Back 2020

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by steinalb(m): 8:12am On Mar 13, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
were can I download..and are they Nigerian or foreign

Look deep into my signature
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:13am On Mar 13, 2021
steinalb:

Look deep into my signature
thank u sa
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by steinalb(m): 8:18am On Mar 13, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
thank u sa

You are welcome and share the good news
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Winner90: 9:49am On Mar 13, 2021
steinalb:
My list of Nollywood movies that actually make sense:

Blue 2020
My Wife to be 2021
Truth 2021
Enough 2020
Looking Back 2020

Good. It could be better with their synoses.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by chuksmad(m): 11:59am On Mar 13, 2021
Mine is nurse. Very funny movie
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by CyclistViola: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Winner90:
Good. It could be better with their synoses.

@Winner90, please do you have the link to get Breaking Chains? I've been searching for the movie for a long time. It's not on YouTube
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Winner90: 1:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
CyclistViola:

@Winner90, please do you have the link to get Breaking Chains? I've been searching for the movie for a long time. It's not on YouTube
my bad. I thought it was on YouTube. I think it's an iroko movie.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by CyclistViola: 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Winner90:
my bad. I thought it was on YouTube. I think it's an iroko movie.

Oh, okay. Thanks.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Rocktation(f): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2021
srrrr:

Thanks a lot

How far? Did you succeed?
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by srrrr(m): 11:11pm On Mar 13, 2021
Rocktation:

Yeah I've downloaded it. I'll watch it later

1 Like

Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by srrrr(m): 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
Rocktation:

I thought the movie was about independence, but it was about serial killing.
It was nice though, but slow paced
I wasn't interested in downloading it because of the 300mb size. But the movie was really clear despite its size.
The movie is 10 based on Nollywood standard, but I'll give it 8.
Camera is superb.
Video quality - 10
Acting - 9
Visuals effects - 7
Costume - 10
Sound - 4

That detective is really clueless, that's why they gave him the case. He would have been a farmer instead. I knew it was the prince from the beginning.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Rocktation(f): 12:06am On Mar 15, 2021
srrrr:

I thought the movie was about independence, but it was about serial killing.
It was nice though, but slow paced
I wasn't interested in downloading it because of the 300mb size. But the movie was really clear despite its size.
The movie is 10 based on Nollywood standard, but I'll give it 8.
Camera is superb.
Video quality - 10
Acting - 9
Visuals effects - 7
Costume - 10
Sound - 4

That detective is really clueless, that's why they gave him the case. He would have been a farmer instead. I knew it was the prince from the beginning.

Of cos, we could tell it was the omo-oba because the director kept making him stare fiercely and unendingly at everybody. Lolzz. But the plain obviousness, made me half-expect some plot twist, somewhere along the line. So yeah, I kind of got punked.

I also thought it was about Independence, fueling my hesitation to watch at first, but I was pleasantly surprised and ended up really appreciating the snippets of info about the old Nigeria that the movie offered. Coupled with the mad costumes and relics, which the Afolayan guy said were sourced from every corner of planet earth, when he received the 2015 AMAA award for Best Nigerian Film. Crazy still, is that he made another movie titled October 31st. But it's a Yoruba movie.

8/10 by my standard ( and yours!) is more than a huge leap for a Nigerian movie. And I hear that they make a whole lot of such these days. It's not like I feel super ready to delve into the industry, but I can't promise not to allow my self to veer, once in a while. Infact, a certain Milkmaid is beckoning, as we speak. grin
We'll see.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Take care, now.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by babajeje123(m): 10:07pm On Mar 23, 2021
Blakpot:
Normally Nollywood movies gets me depressed most especially dem ROK movies.

But I really liked 76.

Rita Dominic played the role of a pregnant wife to a military officer (Ramsey Nouah) who was framed up in failed a military coup.

Against all odds, she had to fight to prove his innocence, to save him from execution.

Good story and a strong performance from Rita Dominic. Also the settings was refreshing; a military quarters in the 70's.
Altogether its a brilliant film.
I would recommend it.

Btw I haven't seen October 1 but heard its similar to 76.

Where did you watch 76? I've been searching for it and it's not on Netflix
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Blakpot: 7:38am On Mar 24, 2021
babajeje123:

Where did you watch 76? I've been searching for it and it's not on Netflix

I watched it on ROK last December.
But u could find it with a quick google search tho.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Oduduwatic: 9:17am On Apr 01, 2021
I watched the second on your list last Thursday on rok2 and it wasn't bad.
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by vincent10(m): 2:53pm On Apr 01, 2021
Very intriguing and captivating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj6zvTDya1U
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by sharorberlain: 10:08am On Sep 21, 2021
If you ask me o, I will wholeheartedly tell you that "I'm tired of watching all these Nollywood movies with poor visual effects, especially all these their fake gun shots, fake fire and fake disappearance, amateur car accident scenes... a lot of it. I guess that's one of the reasons their script virtually look the same.
I saw a video on YouTube; these Nigeria guys recently started teaching Nigerians on how to create movie effects. I researched and did chat with one of them. These guys have been underground doing their visual effects thing. When I wrote them, their response was more like they don't want to forcefully grab the industry. I have that feeling that they are into something BIG... well, who knows?! I feel they are going to be one of the best VFX companies in Nigeria. I also watched one of their music video effects. Mehn! Bro, these guys are good.
I started reasoning on how they could change the storylines in our Nigerian film industry (Nollywood movies). At least if it won't be a bad idea if I see a Sci-Fi movie produced in Nigeria.
You should watch their video on Facebook or YouTube to see for yourself.
https://www.facebook.com/vfx9ja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkGgpcczzlU
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by nas4q(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
Watch the following nollywood movies and thank me later, 1. The One man squad 2. Prison break ezekudene 3. Ark of covenant 4. Her royal majesty 5. Arrows of love
Re: Share The Best Nollywood Movies You Watched In Recent Times by Greatfullheart: 8:47am On Feb 06, 2022
When Love Beckons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plot Twist As Nomination Night Turns Immediate Eviction / AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / BBNaija: Rivers State Government Asks For Support For Marvis (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.