Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,178 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin (7429 Views)

Breaking News: Peter Obi Coordinator Alagoa Morris Join PDP / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:
It took the British over 30 years combined in the Aro-Anglo and the Ekumeku war to defeat the Igbo nation just to give you a perspective.

I always wonder why you guys just like to say rubbish, your knowledge of history is just a bunch of stupid chest bearing lies.

First of all there was no such thing as Igbo nation, there were several primitive tribes which were referred to as Igbo out of laziness to give each one if them a separate name.

The Igbos were not organised.
And your talk of 30 years, my god, do I look like a toddler to you ?
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 8:07pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:

Ok, try and use brain power here: there was a precolonial country referred to as Benin Kingdom, it's capital was called Benin city.

Benin Kingdom was defeated by Britain who then added it to its colonies in West Africa.

So far so good ? I mean, are you smart enough to understand this ?
what I am saying i that if your Benin had suu7ch a strong influence, how come they defeated you within days by a small crew of non serving soldiers under a few days?
I believe you are very bright. You can google the Benin Expedition of 1897 to aid your understanding of the subject.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Yes,I heard Obaseki family came from Isselle-Ukwu(Aniocha tribe),but that is not even our discussion.ANIOMA is not a tribe,it is an acronyms.

Obaseki ancestors came from Nsukwa and not Isselle-uku.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Norwichsailor(m): 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Although I do not like how @truthshots is attacking you but I thought you were the one parroting a Benin sole origin for weeks. You Ika people eh, you guys behave like snake sometimes, you choose a narrative only when it suits you.
If you think Igbanke or Ika is the only group th Benin palace is going after then you must be dreaming.
This is an ethno-political fight. Politics is about numbers and the Igalas, Binis and Ijaws are battling for who will be 4th largest ethnic group and also for national political relevance.
Lol it's ijaw, ibibio, tiv and kanuri after the big three. those ones ur mentioning there are imposter's
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

what I am saying i that if your Benin had suu7ch a strong influence, how come they defeated you within days by a small crew of non serving soldiers under a few days?
I believe you are very bright. You can google the Benin Expedition of 1897 to aid your understanding of the subject.

Look you little toddler who just discovered Google, I am not like you, I have actually studied Benin history. You were probably still crawling on the floor when I was already studying Benin history in European libraries.

Now you are just trying to troll. How should I tell you I am not here to beat my chest. You can try all you want to claim British victory over Benin is some how your people's victory over Benin.
It remains that Benin was the super power of the region and Britain couldn't do trade in the region without the permission of the Oba, which is why they invaded.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:

I always wonder why you guys just like to say rubbish, your knowledge of history is just a bunch of stupid chest bearing lies.

First of all there was no such thing as Igbo nation, there were several primitive tribes which were referred to as Igbo out of laziness to give each one if them a separate name.

The Igbos were not organised.
And your talk of 30 years, my god, do I look like a toddler to you ?

Google Ekumeku Movement between 1883–1914 and the Anglo-Aro war of 1901-1902. Please, compare this with the Benin Expedition that happened in 1897. And please, do not at as you do not know what I am saying.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

I can never deny the fact that some of us have benin ancestors,but we are not their subject.
E go soon clear for their eye.Unlike before,we now have so many wealthy and powerful Ikas both in and outside Nigeria.
Benins know their days are numbered.We Ikas are having more influence and wealth more than them now.

You are Bini subjects.
What happened in Ikaland is same as in Hausaland. It's same thing that happened in Ilorin.

The only difference is that origin of the conquered people were distorted in Ika to give the people a sense of belonging by their Bini kings, while in case of Hause and Ilorin, the conquering Fulani kings maintained the history of the people they conquered.
So we know that Ilorin natives are actually Yoruba natives with few Fulani and Hausas who came with the conquering Fulani kings as foot soldiers. In the case of Hausa, we know the Hausas are Hausa while their kings are Fulanis.

In case of Ika, the people origin was distorted to become the same as that of their conquering Edo kings with their foot soldiers who assimilated as indigenes.
This is why the origin stories of Ika became irrational as you struggle to explain away the Igboid language being the native language of a people who supposedly originated from Bini and live next door to Edo state.
The guy you are replying got it right.

Ika was conquered by Bini. grin Its the only rational explanation.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Google Ekumeku Movement between 1883–1914 and the Anglo-Aro war of 1901-1902. Please, compare this with the Benin Expedition that happened in 1897. And please, do not at as you do not know what I am saying.

What the hell is your point, obviously I am not going to Google your rubbish.
You guys are senseless children.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Lol it's ijaw, ibibio, tiv and kanuri after the big three. those ones ur mentioning there are imposter's
Well, true. However, Ijaw's place in 4th position is not certain and they are trying to make sure of this by absorbing as many groups as possible. This is also clashing with the Bini Expansion movement.
The most clueless amongst these lots is Ibibio and Efik. They are so disunited that they do not understand the political machinations of the other ethnopolitical groups.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Is there anybody who can show me that not all Nigerians are mentally ill ? Because all I see here are mentally ill people.

It feels like both Igbo and yoruba are just like the person in this skit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2DA1uwVsdE
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

That is exactly what is called conquest in the context of Nigerian history. Let me give you the most recent example with written down history in Nigeria. The Hausa people were defeated, and all their kings till today are Fulani. All the Hube stool of power is currently Fulani. If this did not happen in recent history and a written down documentation, The Fulani would have pinned the narrative that Hausa are Fulani people. However, it is only the royal stool that is Fulani. Either way, all Hausas territory belongs to the Fulani royalty, but you cannot change the language.
In your case, there is no documentation or written down history. That is why people ask logical questions. How come the founder of your land came into an Empty land and magically forgot his language and name but turned around to speak a language that is kilometres away?
This is no fault of anyone, though, but the implicit disadvantage of oral history.

Regarding my Ijaw statement. I am not saying you have boundaries with Ijaw or you are Ijaw. I meant that the Benin political movement's focus is currently in Rivers and Bayelsa state, where they are fighting the Ijaw expansionist movement to take over the Edoid groups. IYC has currently taken minority groups like Engenni and many others in that state that speak an Edoid language.
You guys do not know that there is a game that Ijaw and Edo groups are playing through their various ethnopolitical movements. The price is the allegiance and soul of minority groups and also parts of majority groups.

Regarding the Igbo controversy, I believe you should be happy now; the Igbos from the South-East especially reject Ika people being tagged Igbo. The movement is becoming even stronger each day. This will further cement your status as a different ethnic group. However, Ika will ultimately lose any support from a big ethnic group like the Igbos and if the political landscape changes, Bini might not have the numbers to influence much.
However, to your credit, I feel your people know when to wear the Igbo, Ika or Bini badge to favour them, but this game may not last too long in this internet age.

That's the point of my campaign.
Ndiigbo have to understand that these people are nothing but opportunists who have nothing to offer Ndiigbo.
We must make it impossible for an Ika to be able to claim Igbo for opportunist reasons. We must solidify the distinction between us and these Bini subjects and make it impossible for any of them to claim Igbo without getting publicly disgraced by Ndiigbo. cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 8:24pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

You are Bini subjects.
What happened in Ikaland is same as in Hausaland. It's same thing that happened in Ilorin.

The only difference is that origin of the conquered people were distorted in Ika to give the people a sense of belonging by their Bini kings, while in case of Hause and Ilorin, the conquering Fulani kings maintained the history of the people they conquered.
So we know that Ilorin natives are actually Yoruba natives with few Fulani and Hausas who came with the conquering Fulani kings as foot soldiers. In the case of Hausa, we know the Hausas are Hausa while their kings are Fulanis.

In case of Ika, the people origin was distorted to become the same as that of their conquering Edo kings with their foot soldiers who assimilated as indigenes.
This is why the origin stories of Ika became irrational as you struggle to explain away the Igboid language being the native language of a people who supposedly originated from Bini and live next door to Edo state.
The guy you are replying got it right.

Ika was conquered by Bini. grin Its the only rational explanation.
is @sufferingboy denying that they are Bini subjects? Bini is taking back Ika, one town after the other. First, they Isolate you to take a unique ethnicity like they are doing to the Agbor and Igbanke people, then they absorb you. They take them piece by piece, town by town.
Today, Agbor people are claiming that Ika is a fraud, Igbanke is claiming a distinct identity.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 8:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:

What the hell is your point, obviously I am not going to Google your rubbish.
You guys are senseless children.

Haha. This one don vex.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Haha. This one don vex.
If by vex you mean: the annoyance associated with talking to people whose intellect is extremely low, then yes.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

is @sufferingboy denying that they are Bini subjects? Bini is taking back Ika, one town after the other. First, they Isolate you to take a unique ethnicity like they are doing to the Agbor and Igbanke people, then they absorb you. They take them piece by piece, town by town.
Today, Agbor people are claiming that Ika is a fraud, Igbanke is claiming a distinct identity.

The Igbanke I'm seeing is gone.
All the Bini needs to keep them is to give them more political posts in Bini and Oba palace.
The people are dying to be Bini and are only seeking for Delta state because they feel badly treated by their Edo masters.
It's a practical case of Stockholm syndrome. cheesy

I watch them deliberate on these issues on their forums and I would just be shaking my head. grin
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
@seun @mynd44 this thread is filled with hate speech and racist insults and attempts to cause war amongst brothers. The people of the southeast are trying to cause mayhem in the southsouth. Please do the needful.

@seun, the things we see on your forum are not allowed in any other forum. You need to moderate your forum better, it is becoming the most dirty social media in this world. Is this what you want.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
The things you guys in the southeast are doing are nothing less than develish. And later you guys will show up in church.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:
@seun @mynd44 this thread is filled with hate speech and racist insults and attempts to cause war amongst brothers. The people of the southeast are trying to cause mayhem in the southsouth. Please do the needful.

@seun, the things we see on your forum are not allowed in any other forum. You need to moderate your forum better, it is becoming the most dirty social media in this world. Is this what you want.
@ sufferingboy, please, come and take your bini brother. He seem to be having some sort of mental breakdown.
@Igboid, is this the type of people you deal with on a daily basis?
This page was about Ndoki. Wetin concern Ndoki for Abia state with Bini man for Edo state?
This is what I call minority inferiority complex syndrome.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 8:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:

If by vex you mean: the annoyance associated with talking to people whose intellect is extremely low, then yes.

You are struggling to deal with the fact that Bini kingdom was over exaggerated and in no way as strong as Igbo towns west (Enuani) and East of the River Niger who offered stiffer resistance to colonial British than Bini could.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Aro_War
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

You are struggling to deal with the fact that Bini kingdom was over exaggerated and in no way as strong as Igbo towns west (Enuani) and East of the River Niger who offered stiffer resistance to colonial British than Bini could.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Aro_War

When Wikipedia is your "historical source" then you should have enough shame to never even dream of claiming you know history.

You are not even smart enough to know that you are dumb
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

@ sufferingboy, please, come and take your bini brother. He seem to be having some sort of mental breakdown.
@Igboid, is this the type of people you deal with on a daily basis?
This page was about Ndoki. Wetin concern Ndoki for Abia state with Bini man for Edo state?
This is what I call minority inferiority complex syndrome.

Nah so I see am o!
I belong to their Bini forums where I assume silent mode. You need to see what these lots discuss about us. grin

He came here saying that Igbos had disorganized villages and we told him that Igbo disorganized villages were powerful than overrated Bini kingdom going by how easily British conquered Bini and struggled in Enuani and South East.
And he started screaming hate message and now calling Mods and Seun.

They can't stand facts. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

The Igbanke I'm seeing is gone.
All the Bini needs to keep them is to give them more political posts in Bini and Oba palace.
The people are dying to be Bini and are only seeking for Delta state because they feel badly treated by their Edo masters.
It's a practical case of Stockholm syndrome. cheesy

I watch them deliberate on these issues on their forums and I would just be shaking my head. grin
The Igbanke themselves are more confused than confused.
Look at Igbanke elders speaking Igbo and declaring their people for Biafra and talking about their Igboness.

@sufferingboy and @truthshots, what is happening here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XpbkNyeiG8
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Nah so I see am o!
I belong to their Bini forums where I assume silent mode. You need to see what these lots discuss about us. grin

He came here saying that Igbos had disorganized villages and we told him that Igbo disorganized villages were powerful than overrated Bini kingdom going by how easily British conquered Bini and struggled in Enuani and South East.

Wow, I actually couldn't care less about your chest beating and fake history, I believe I already made that very clear. I am calling the mods for the hate speech. To you guys hate speech is so natural you don't even see when you are doing it.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Look at Igbanke elders speaking Igbo and declaring their people for Biafra and talking about their Igboness.

I can also show you Igbos declaring their chineseness, does that mean Igbos are Chinese.
Do these guys represent the people or do the actual monarchs represent the people ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWMkzgfdk
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
I can bring out Nigerians claiming to be Germans or claiming to be Russians, does that mean Nigerians are Russians or Germans ?
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 8:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Nah so I see am o!

The strong kingdom was destroyed in one week. The kingdom would have been destroyed under hours but the record showed that the stench in the palace deterred them.
The account goes thus:
"As we neared the city, sacrificed human beings were lying in the path and bush—even in the king's compound the sight and stench of them was awful. . . ."

Well, I respect them shaa, but when these people start having these minority complex and breakdown eh, e dey tire person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 9:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:

I can also show you Igbos declaring their chineseness, does that mean Igbos are Chinese.
Do these guys represent the people or do the actual monarchs represent the people ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWMkzgfdk
So, i want to understand one thing, when they addressed the Igbo people, they spoke their mother-tongue but when they wanted to address the king of the 2x2 LGA kingdom, they had to speak English. That means an Anambra man and an Igbanke man can sell the Oba and all his chief right in their front and they will not know. You guys are hilarious.

4 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Don't let IPOB people deceive you o! cheesy
One or two IPOB members from Igbanke don't represent majority of Igbanke people.

You can search for Igbanke National Progressive Forum on Facebook and follow them there.
Its a public group.
Don't get trapped in IPOB propaganda.

Ndiigbo need to know the raw undiluted truth about these groups. It would save us a lot of pains and future accusations and feelings of betrayal.
I can gather few Igbanke people and make video with them claiming they are Igbo and for Biafra, but that would only be self deceit because it would not change the orientation of vast majority of Igbanke people.

Imagine IPOB and MNK paid Asari Dokubo millions to accept Biafar tag and train boys for them.
And they recruited few hungry Ijaw boys who they take pics with claiming that they are representative of Ijaw and that Ijaws are Biafrans.

But I belong to Kalabari, Okrika,Nembe,Opobo, and countless Ijaw forums and I know that vast majority of the people are strongly anti Biafra and Igbophobic.

So what IPOB succeeded in doing is selling a lie to Ndiigbo who go about calling a people with Igbophobic mindset brothers.

Tell me how exactly this folly help us as a people.
What do you stand to gain by raising an Army of ignorant Igbo youth who don't really understand the true nature of the relationship between them and their minorities?
Think of the picture of a child playing with fire because those whose job it is to explain to him how harmful fire sold a wrong narrative of fire to him.

We must dare to do better. The true nature and relationship between us and these groups must be taught to Igbo youths so that people don't go and foolishly declare a stupid war tomorrow where they would be exposed to true nature of these groups and come back crying sabo and betrayal again.
You see IPOB drawing stupid maps where they include these groups in their Utopian Biafra, and you can only shake your head as an Igbo who know better.
These actions by IPOB make these already Igbophobic groups more Igbophobic. They feel threatened by IPOB forced unity and the Igbo Youths are sold false narratives of non existing brotherhood with these already aggrieved groups, setting Igbo youths up for future severe backlash.

Only the Truth will set us free.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:

Wow, I actually couldn't care less about your chest beating and fake history, I believe I already made that very clear. I am calling the mods for the hate speech. To you guys hate speech is so natural you don't even see when you are doing it.
Fake history? This is not the fabricated history your people coin online. You will find these on every British and European library. These are written down history and not oral myths from the Bini palace.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Don't let IPOB people deceive you o! cheesy
One or two IPOB members from Igbanke don't represent majority of Igbanke people.

You can search for Igbanke National Progressive Forum on Facebook and follow them there.
Its a public group.
Don't get trapped in IPOB propaganda.

Ndiigbo need to know the raw undiluted truth about these groups. It would save us a lot of pains and future accusations and feelings of betrayal.
I can gather few Igbanke people and make video with them claiming they are Igbo and for Biafra, but that would only be self deceit because it would not change the orientation of vast majority of Igbanke people.

Imagine IPOB and MNK paid Asari Dokubo millions to accept Biafar tag and train boys for them.
And they recruited few hungry Ijaw boys who they take pics with claiming that they are representative of Ijaw and that Ijaws are Biafrans.

But I belong to Kalabari, Okrika,Nembe,Opobo, and countless Ijaw forums and I know that vast majority of the people are strongly anti Biafra and Igbophobic.

So what IPOB succeeded in doing is selling a lie to Ndiigbo who go about calling a people with Igbophobic mindset brothers.

Tell me how exactly this folly help us as a people.
What do you stand to gain by raising an Army of ignorant Igbo youth who don't really understand the true nature of the relationship between them and their minorities?
Think of the picture of a child playing with fire because those whose job it is to explain to him how harmful fire sold a wrong narrative of fire to him.

We must dare to do better. The true nature and relationship between us and these groups must be taught to Igbo youths so that people don't go and foolishly declare a stupid war tomorrow where they would be exposed to true nature of these groups and come back crying sabo and betrayal again.

Only the Truth will set us free.
My question is why you are not even part of IPOB withall your knowledge. Are you working for the government? A rival political group? Why not be a consultant to IPOB with all your knowledge. Whether you like them or not, they are the alternative and undisputed leading voice of the Igbo nation. Ohaneze are a political tool and their agenda is not for the future of the Igbo nation. Yopu and I now that ost Igbo youths or elders do not even care if they exist.
As for IPOB, i guess they are using the IYC and INC Method. I have been thinking about it myself, and Igbo alone nation is the best natin. Not a multi-ethnic nation. Even other Pro-Biafra faithful are starting to see the benefits of an Igbo alone nation.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 9:20pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

The strong kingdom was destroyed in one week. The kingdom would have been destroyed under hours but the record showed that the stench in the palace deterred them.
The account goes thus:
"As we neared the city, sacrificed human beings were lying in the path and bush—even in the king's compound the sight and stench of them was awful. . . ."

Well, I respect them shaa, but when these people start having these minority complex and breakdown eh, e dey tire person.

The Binis were selling non Binis among them as slaves in exchange for Manilla whose bronze they melted and used to produce their art works. shocked
They were ransacking neighboring groups for slaves including the likes of Ika.
That's why many were fleeing Bini.

The likes of Awo that founded Abavo was said to be have been taken from his hometown in Western Igboland to Bini as a slave. He was supposed to have been sold as slave or sacrificed to Bini gods, but luckily escaped from Bini to found Abavo.

This is why there is this hint of Igbophilia and Biniphobia in Abavo( especially Ekwuoma).

But the above version of Awo history, the fact that he was a slave in Bini had long been edited and the current story is that he was a Bini prince. Probably because the people are ashamed of admitting to have been founded by a slave.

Ika oral origin stories are full of irrationalities because they are mostly denatured stories made more to soothe the people ego than to actually document true historical events.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

The Binis were selling non Binis among them as slaves in exchange for Manilla whose bronze they melted and used to produce their art works. shocked
They were ransacking neighboring groups for slaves including the likes of Ika.
That's why many were fleeing Bini.

The likes of Awo that founded Abavo was said to be have been taken from his hometown in Western Igboland to Bini as a slave. He was supposed to have been sold as slave or sacrificed to Bini gods, but luckily escaped from Bini to found Abavo.

This is why there is this hint of Igbophilia and Biniphobia in Abavo( especially Ekwuoma).

But the above version of Awo history, the fact that he was a slave in Bini had long been edited and the current story is that he was a Bini prince. Probably because the people are ashamed of admitting to have been founded by a slave.

Ika oral origin stories are full of irrationalities because they are mostly denatured stories made more to soothe the people ego than to actually document true historical events.
No wonder there are a lot of Abavo natives in Igbo group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Ogun Distributes Monitoring Vehicles To Improve Town Planning Activities / Ebele Obiano’s Face Ruined By Excess Plastic Surgery (recent Disturbing Photos) / 2023 Presidency: Court Dismisses Suit Challenging Atiku’s Eligibility To Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.