Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin (7461 Views)

Breaking News: Peter Obi Coordinator Alagoa Morris Join PDP / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 9:51am On Mar 29, 2021
Ekealterego:

Even Oron and Ibeno? wow! these Ibiboid/Efiks people are not organised at all... It seems the IYC expansion is all about oil... That is why they scream our oyel our oyel in any conversation. They think others are like them. How could one go as far as Obolo and Oron. Na the Oron and Ibeno shock me... It is no longer about numbers and influence alone, It is now about oil. At least on the Bini expansion side, you could see they also go for their Edoid groups aside from biting off from subgroups under the major ethnic groups (Igbo and Yoruba) but Ijaw's expansion seem to be about oil and numbers. It was when the IYC started hunting for Egbema in Imo state (an oil-producing community) that their objective became obvious)
N:B; Coming to think of it, the Bini expansion is also about oil too... I can see a pattern.

What many don't know is that GEJ was more of an Ibibio man than Ijaw man.

Ogbia , GEJ ethnic group are related to Ibibio. Their language is Ibibiod and they should be part of Ibibio ethnicity or at least be acknowledged as an affiliated group politically to Ibibio like Itsekiri is to Yorubas. But Ibibios are so disunited that are too pre occupied with their inter clan squabbles (Efik, Annang, Oron refusing the proper Ibibio tag) that the expansionist Ijaws had moved in and claimed Ogbia, even when there is no link whatsoever between Ogbia language and Ijaw language.

Problem with Ibibio docility in Ogbia is that it has emboldened Ijaws who are now moving in on Ibeno, Andoni, Eastern Obolo and even Oron.

Yes, they are on the hunt for Egbema Rivers too, but met the same setback they are meeting in Ndoki, because majority of Egbema people are in IMO state and hence kept those in Rivers well immune from IYC and INC expansionist agenda.

The Edos are expansionists themselves and in them, Ijaw have met their type.
Ijaw thinking they have consolidated on Edo communities in Bayelsa and Rivers, namely Udekeme(Degema), Engenni(Burna boy clan) and Epie-Attissa( Edo owners of Yenegoa) went on to try their luck in Edo state and got their hands burnt.
Now Great Bini descendants, a Bini expansionist group are in Engenni, Epie, Udekeme , holding annual meetings with their traditional leaders ,who send delegates back to Bini to meet Oba Bini , pledging allegiance to the Edos.
What this means is that even Yenegoa, the supposedly Ijaw capital will not be part of Ijaw future country, because Edos have a geniuine claim there and the Epie Attissa people are obsessed with their Bini origin, which their language being Edoid confirms and with Oba Bini palace giving them open arm welcome, there is only going to be one outcome in the future.

I was on Ijaw platform and the INC and IYC operatives were fumming about the activities of GBD in those Edoid communities in Bayelsa and Rivers state. I was laughing my ass off as an invisible observer as usual.

A lot of things are happening behind scenes in this part of the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by unshakablejihad: 10:44am On Mar 29, 2021
Igboid:

Ogbia , GEJ ethnic group are related to Ibibio. Their language is Ibibiod and they should be part of Ibibio ethnicity or at least be acknowledged as an affiliated group politically to Ibibio like Itsekiri is to Yorubas. But Ibibios are so disunited that are too pre occupied with their inter clan squabbles (Efik, Annang, Oron refusing the proper Ibibio tag) that the expansionist Ijaws had moved in and claimed Ogbia, even when there is no link whatsoever between Ogbia language and Ijaw language.

Problem with Ibibio docility in Ogbia is that it has emboldened Ijaws who are now moving in on Ibeno, Andoni, Eastern Obolo and even Oron.

Yes, they are on the hunt for Egbema Rivers too, but met the same setback they are meeting in Ndoki, because majority of Egbema people are in IMO state and hence kept those in Rivers well immune from IYC and INC expansionist agenda.

Ijaw thinking they have consolidated on Edo communities in Bayelsa and Rivers, namely Udekeme(Degema), Engenni(Burna boy clan) and Epie-Attissa( Edo owners of Yenegoa) went on to try their luck in Edo state and got their hands burnt.
Now Great Bini descendants, a Bini expansionist group are in Engenni, Epie, Udekeme , holding annual meetings with their traditional leaders ,who send delegates back to Bini to meet Oba Bini , pledging allegiance to the Edos.
What this means is that even Yenegoa, the supposedly Ijaw capital will not be part of Ijaw future country, because Edos have a geniuine claim there and the Epie Attissa people are obsessed with their Bini origin, which their language being Edoid confirms and with Oba Bini palace giving them open arm welcome, there is only going to be one outcome in the future.

I was on Ijaw platform and the INC and IYC operatives were fumming about the activities of GBD in those Edoid communities in Bayelsa and Rivers state. I was laughing my ass off as an invisible observer as usual.

lmaoss ijaws started something they can't possibly finish,by the time these expansionist groups are done with them, they would be left with swamps only to call home.

i pity them especially the scenario that happened in opobo long time ago,when they tried to claim the ownership of opobo and tried to usurp the jaja and place an amayanabo over the thrown but it backfired..for over 30years they were dragging the ownership with the jajas untíĺ the supreme court sealed the case and declared opobo the estate of jaja and his descendants..our next move is to sensitize opobo and ensure they proudly claim there Igbo origin as most of them still do,all we need to do is put a little effort and turn the tide..

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Ekealterego: 10:55am On Mar 29, 2021
Igboid:

Mehn a lot!! I have still not recovered from the Oron and Ibeno shock. I guess the Ibibios are more concerned with their inter-tribal fights within themselves than getting together to unite against invaders. Communities in old Bende still attend a lot of occasions and Ekpe festivals together with groups in Akwa-Ibom, Cross Rivers and Cameroon but each respect their boundaries at the end of the day, despite shared history. I guess the Ibibiod/cross River groups do not have a united front. I think it is also about oil. Once Ibiboi found oil, they automatically discovered that they are distinct, the same as Oron and Ibeno.

Ogoni tried to unite these Ibiboid groups and play the role of the bigger Ibibio (especially outside of the Akwa/Cross areas) but like the Ijaws, jealousy will not allow them, so they were concentrating on Igbo communities and lost and even failed to unite with Eleme in their backyard and instead they became bitter enemies. An Eleme man will cut you alive if you call him an Ogoni man.

The bigger problem is that many of these minority groups are very unenlightened, it is so easy to plant confusion within them that they do not know where they stand. All you need to do is to quote the fictional year 1472 (When in reality we do not have a single record of gregorian dates in this region or written records or even archaeological evidence confirming these dates) and some of these people will wallow in confusion.
These smaller groups in those areas do not even know that they are being played like ping-pong and there is a battle for their soul, and that some of the expansionist are not in search of truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by nengibo: 11:02am On Mar 29, 2021
Igboid:

I was in an Ijaw group where your people are quarrelling and bitter about Igbo language being spoken indigenously in Queenstown, Opobo and Bonny.
With Ijaw nationalists from Bayelsa bitter and claiming that something has to be done about that.
I was only an invisible observer as always in such forums.

So I'm yet to visit Queenstown to find out the state of things there myself.
But I definitely intend doing so this year.

The message is clear. We are not like Ibibios that allowed you to claim all Ibibio communities in Bayelsa which have now given you the temerity to be moving to Ibibio heartland in Akwaibom to claim Ibeno, Eastern Obolo and even Oron.
If you continue your stupidity in Ndoki, you will lose Opobo, Bonny and Queenstown (subject to investigation).
Anybody that knows his onions will call you out for capping nonsense, I'm even questioning why I initially responded to you, you don't know basic geography and where tribes, clans end yet you are claiming people like livestock, calling Eastern Obolo Ibibio is like calling Ohafia Ikwerre land, and in the same breathe you are mentioning Kweni ama and Opobo as separate entities, study basic geography before engaging in your online irredentist movement.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by nuelsylves(m): 11:15am On Mar 29, 2021
Igboid:
The part affected most is the Ndoki communities in Oyiigbo LGA of Rivers state.

Ohaneze Ndiigbo did well appointing an Ndoki Son Ambassador Emuchay Okechukwu as the new Secretary General of the organization.

But they need to do more. The Ohaneze Youth branch should be in charge of this project. There should be grassroot sensitization and mobilization of Igbo youths in these border communities such as Ndoki. Ohanaeze should be proactive in stamping their presence in these communities by having regular meetings with their Ezes, doing some small projects here and there in these communities to keep them in line.

Ohanaeze can do things like community water project, and stamp it with a big sign post of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo sponsored. Renovation and equipment of carefully selected public community primary and secondary schools in these communities and as usually stamping a big sign board marking it as Ohanaeze Ndiigbo sponsored project there.
Helping fund their local Christmas community football tournament and making sure the youths know that its Ohaneze Ndiigbo sponsoring it.

A child growing up in these border Igbo communities MUST be made to grow up seeing Ohaneze Ndiigbo sponsored projects all around him.

This should be replicated in those Igbo frontier communities with Igala, Ijaw, Idoma, Ibibio/Annang, Edo.

You have a good point.

You can write to Ohanaeze, hope you know.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by nuelsylves(m): 11:18am On Mar 29, 2021
Igboid:
Because of the failure of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo and all so called Igbo organizations as well as the Igbo political class.
There have been slow and steady aggressive attempt at expansionism towards Igboland by all small but ambitious minorities around us.

The Binis has been doing theirs from Western Igboland with full support of Oba Bini through the. Great Bini descendants vehicle. They have their online warriors infiltrating all western Igbo forums speeding their agenda.
The Igalas under the leadership of late Attah of Igala were doing theirs too.
Through Ayegba they were visiting some hungry autonomous community Ezes and youths in Nsukka areas.

The Ijaws have their eyes fully set on Ndokiland and have been having series of endless parley with hungry Eze autonomous communities and Youths in that end.

How long are we going to allow this go on? How much more do we have to allow our already disunited and small Igboland shrunked more by these minorities before we stage a come back to neutralize them?

What's the role of Ohanaeze Ndiigbo? Do our political class know they will lose more if the Igbo political space continue to shrink further at the hands of identity crisis instigated those places by aggressive expansionist minorities surrounding us?

Are you on twitter? If you're, bring up this issue there inform of thread and tag all Igbo notable groups twitter handles.

It's only on twitter that you can get the Igbo elites' attention.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2021
Fejoku:

IPOB added Ika people because we believe that there are a number of proud Igbos from there however everything is subjective to the results of a referendum. It will be nice to see majority of your people vote against Biafra. We will just proceed with the rest of Biafra land. Bearing Igbo name thereafter will never matter to us.
You don't even know how you sound yet you refer to others as being emotional. You're crying that Igboid is hateful yet you're showing hate to others who chose not to be hard on you. What do you think will happen when they decide to give it back to you in full measure? Look at your moniker alone: what do you see? Your suffering just began.
Well,since you talk like a mature man now,I will reply you responsibly.
First,Ikas are not against biafra.Many of our people fought against the nigeria forces during the biafra war.We too are not happy about the situation of Nigeria state.We served in the biafra army and navy during the war.
We can join Igbos to fight for biafra,but on certain conditions.
1.Igbos must stop insulting us and rewritimg our history to suit their narrative.We can never erase our benin heritage,we still value it and we still have deities like Olokun,Orumilla,Ogun,sango etc and other great things we brought from benin.
2.Ika people are a distinct ethnic group,and at such we prefer to go into biafra as a minority group than to pick Igbo ethnicity over ours.
3.We must know how biafra government will be piloted,that is "Ressource control"
we can not suffer in Nigeria and continue in biafra.We cannot allow kanu to gift our crude oil to togo and other africa countries.We Ikas must control our oil.Kanu said he will gift biafra oil to other africa countries.
Yes,my monicker sufferyboy means nothing to me.It is just an online Id.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
nuelsylves:

Are you on twitter? If you're, bring up this issue there inform of thread and tag all Igbo notable groups twitter handles.

It's only on twitter that you can get the Igbo elites' attention.

Twitter is too elitist. While I will like to have Igbo elites take the issue of encroachment of aggressive minorities like Ijaw, Edo and Igala into Igboland serious, I would prefer a better grassroot platform where you are more likely to find the commoners, because the IYC and INC, GBD, we are up against are not twitter oriented. They target the commoners, the grassroots. They infiltrate Facebook pages of these groups spreading distorted origin stories, they even visits the villages of these groups to hold meetings with the youths and few hungry traditional leaders there who they could win over with money.
This is very much a grassroot something than elitists thing.

But I understand your point, the elites still have a role to play, so yes, I will try to raise it up in Twitter.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
nengibo:

Anybody that knows his onions will call you out for capping nonsense, I'm even questioning why I initially responded to you, you don't know basic geography and where tribes, clans end yet you are claiming people like livestock, calling Eastern Obolo Ibibio is like calling Ohafia Ikwerre land, and in the same breathe you are mentioning Kweni ama and Opobo as separate entities, study basic geography before engaging in your online irredentist movement.

Here is Obolo language classification. Tell me how Obolo people who obviously speak Ibibiod language are Ijaw?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_language

See Ibibio language. Its same classification as Obolo:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio_language

See Ogbia language:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogbia_language

Notice its a Cross River language. Ibibio, Obolo, Andoni(Western Obolo), Odual, Abua, and Ogbia are basically same people sharing ancient ancestor.
GEJ is more of an Ibibio man than an Ijaw man. The only reason Ogbia is politically Ijaw is because Ibibios have refused to outgrow their petty squabbles and take up their role as the dominant group in SS.
You Ijaws are only claiming Eastern Obolo, Ibeno and Oron today because Ibibios stayed docile and allowed you claim those Ibibiod groups in Rivers state and Bayelsa.

This is Engenni, Burna boy tribe:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engenni_language

They are proto Edo people and speak Edoid language. They are distant cousins to Urhobo and Isoko and have a history of migration from Bini. This is not same as Ikwerre and other Igboid speakers claiming Bini, or obviously Ijoid speaking Nembe claiming Bini origin.

Engenni are Edo people. But today Ijaw man is claiming Engenni and have succeeded in using their INC and IYC operatives to buy over the grassroots there. Though the GBD are fighting back now.

See Degema. Degema originally belong to Edoid tribe called Udekeme who inhabited the land before few Ijaw people settled with them.

The Udekemes remain Edoid speakers today, but Ijaws have succeeded in Ijawnizing the people there. Though GBD are making a fight back there too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degema_language

Bayelsa capital Yenegoa belongs to Epie-Atissa people, and these people are not Ijaws. They are Edoids who are more related to Isoko and Urhobo and they have a history of migration from Bini. Until recently, an Epie man would vehemently fight you if you called him Ijaw, because his language is obviously Edoid and he has a history of migration from Bini to prove it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epie_language

The Odual people are also proto Ibibio people too. They speak Ibibiod Language classified as Cross river language.
Yet INC and IYC have used their agents to confuse the grassroots there and today, Odual is politically Ijaw, even when their people speak a language that is obviously an extension of Ibibio.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odual_language

What about Abua? Those are proto Ibibio people too. But who are today politically Ijaw, no thanks to Ibibios lacking political synergy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abua_language

4 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
If you Ijaws keep up your folly in Ndoki.

Ndiigbo will not only push you back, we would ensure you suffer by setting in motion cascade of events that will see you lose large territories that are obviously not Ijaw but that you have claimed over time no thanks to Gowon and masters of one Nigeria that needed to reward you with those territories for your role in Biafra defeat.
These territories include:

Bayelsa state

1. Ogbia(Ibibio)
2. Yenegoa (Edo land)

Rivers state

1. Opobo(Distinct/hybrid)
2. Bonny(Distinct/hybrid)
3. Engenni (Edoland)
4. Odual(Ibibio)
5. Abua( Ibibio)
6. Degema( Edoland)
7.Andoni(Ibibio)

6 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
Sufferingboy:

First,Ikas are not against biafra.Many of our people fought against the nigeria forces during the biafra war.We too are not happy about the situation of Nigeria state.We served in the biafra army and navy during the war.
1.Igbos must stop insulting us and rewritimg our history to suit their narrative.We can never erase our benin heritage,we still value it and we still have deities like Olokun,Orumilla,Ogun,sango etc and other great things we brought from benin.
2.Ika people are a distinct ethnic group,and at such we prefer to go into biafra as a minority group than to pick Igbo ethnicity over ours.
3.We must know how biafra government will be piloted,that is "Ressource control"
we can not suffer in Nigeria and continue in biafra.We cannot allow kanu to gift our crude oil to togo and other africa countries.We Ikas must control our oil.Kanu said he will gift biafra oil to other africa countries.
Your history is very well documented and your people were clearly identified as 'Western Igbos'. None of us gave you that name and your language and custom is more Igbo than all the rest of what you mentioned. No one is trying to rewrite your history. That said, a people are who they say they are. If you choose to magnify the obvious minute external cultures that entered your land and deny the overwhelming Igbo culture there, that's your cup of tea. Just endeavour not to insult Ndigbo as you do so. We shall deal with your people as non-Igbo despite the similarities. Don't complain about it later.
As for Biafran issue, it's not a must to join if you're not comfortable with Ndigbo. If you don't know, no Igbo begs anyone for association not even his own blood brother. IPOB included most ethnic groups in the SS in Biafra because of our shared history including non-Igbo groups. Natural resources was the least concern in making that decision and clearly stated that every tribe will control her natural resource as the case may be. Ika which is clearly an Igbo group has the 100% right to reject being in Biafra and it shall be respected. It's obvious you have a negative perception of Ndigbo but we care less about it as long as you don't insult us. Pls, encourage your people to reject Biafra. None of us will lose a sweat about it.
Finally, your moniker tells much about your person and that's just the beginning. If you want to be viewed in a better light change it.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 3:22pm On Mar 29, 2021
Igboid:

Here is Obolo language classification. Tell me how Obolo people who obviously speak Ibibiod language are Ijaw?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obolo_language

See Ibibio language. Its same classification as Obolo:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibibio_language

See Ogbia language:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogbia_language

Notice its a Cross River language. Ibibio, Obolo, Andoni(Western Obolo), Odual, Abua, and Ogbia are basically same people sharing ancient ancestor.
GEJ is more of an Ibibio man than an Ijaw man. The only reason Ogbia is politically Ijaw is because Ibibios have refused to outgrow their petty squabbles and take up their role as the dominant group in SS.
You Ijaws are only claiming Eastern Obolo, Ibeno and Oron today because Ibibios stayed docile and allowed you claim those Ibibiod groups in Rivers state and Bayelsa.

This is Engenni, Burna boy tribe:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engenni_language

They are proto Edo people and speak Edoid language. They are distant cousins to Urhobo and Isoko and have a history of migration from Bini. This is not same as Ikwerre and other Igboid speakers claiming Bini, or obviously Ijoid speaking Nembe claiming Bini origin.

Engenni are Edo people. But today Ijaw man is claiming Engenni and have succeeded in using their INC and IYC operatives to buy over the grassroots there. Though the GBD are fighting back now.

See Degema. Degema originally belong to Edoid tribe called Udekeme who inhabited the land before few Ijaw people settled with them.

The Udekemes remain Edoid speakers today, but Ijaws have succeeded in Ijawnizing the people there. Though GBD are making a fight back there too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degema_language

Bayelsa capital Yenegoa belongs to Epie-Atissa people, and these people are not Ijaws. They are Edoids who are more related to Isoko and Urhobo and they have a history of migration from Bini. Until recently, an Epie man would vehemently fight you if you called him Ijaw, because his language is obviously Edoid and he has a history of migration from Bini to prove it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epie_language

The Odual people are also proto Ibibio people too. They speak Ibibiod Language classified as Cross river language.
Yet INC and IYC have used their agents to confuse the grassroots there and today, Odual is politically Ijaw, even when their people speak a language that is obviously an extension of Ibibio.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odual_language

What about Abua? Those are proto Ibibio people too. But who are today politically Ijaw, no thanks to Ibibios lacking political synergy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abua_language
The Abual/Odual people are clearly not an Ijoid group. E.Alagoa the popular Ijaw anthropologist in one of his books before the civil war published a map with the Abual/Odual territory outside the Ijaw zone. It's very clear. They'll be shocked at what they'll lose for their foolishness. They think our silence on such issues are due to ignorance. They'll be shocked.

4 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2021
Fejoku:

The Abual/Odual people are clearly not an Ijoid group. E.Alagoa the popular Ijaw anthropologist in one of his books before the civil war published a map with the Abual/Odual territory outside the Ijaw zone. It's very clear. They'll be shocked at what they'll lose for their foolishness. They think our silence on such issues are due to ignorance. They'll be shocked.

They will lose big time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 7:25am On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

This your resource control talk dey do me like shit for body. You have been speaking against Biafra here but your people on Onu Ika are mostly pro Biafra. So what is your agenda really?
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 7:27am On Mar 30, 2021
I know some people no go believe say Ika are now on board the Biafran train. Make una dey research small before insulting people.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 9:32am On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:

This your resource control talk dey do me like shit for body. You have been speaking against Biafra here but your people on Onu Ika are mostly pro Biafra. So what is your agenda really?

Yes,resource control is very important I am in Onu Ika too.Nothing like pro biafra there,or even in reality.I am not against biafra.Igbos should learn to study other ethnic groups so that you guys can understand them.
Ika people irrespective of their clan of origin will always speak with one voice when they are confronted with serious issue concerning their ethnicity.
Look,The Ika man is not against biafra.Bought we refuse the Igbo tag place on us.Our Ika tribe is our Identity,we are not Igbos or benins but we are Ikas(Eka).
Even if we decide to join biafra,we will still go with our Ika Identity not Igbo.
We are not a dialect of Igbo or benin.We are a tribe of our own,with up to 7 dialects in our various clan.
Anyway,I represent Owa/Idumesah clans respectively.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 9:58am On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Yes,resource control is very important I am in Onu Ika too.Nothing like pro biafra there,or even in reality.I am not against biafra.Igbos should learn to study other ethnic groups so that you guys can understand them.
Ika people irrespective of their clan of origin will always speak with one voice when they are confronted with serious issue concerning their ethnicity.
Look,The Ika man is not against biafra.Bought we refuse the Igbo tag place on us.Our Ika tribe is our Identity,we are not Igbos or benins but we are Ikas(Eka).
Even if we decide to join biafra,we will still go with our Ika Identity not Igbo.
We are not a dialect of Igbo or benin.We are a tribe of our own,with up to 7 dialects in our various clan.

You're from Idumesah. Now I understand. No problem.

And a lot of Ikas have jumped on the Biafran train as is evident in the group.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:

You're from Idumesah. Now I understand. No problem.

And a lot of Ikas have jumped on the Biafran train as is evident in the group.

No my mother is from idumesah,I am from Owa-oyibu.Although my partner great grand father is from idumesah but he settled in owa-oyibu.So I can claim both side.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 10:58am On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:

The same Onu Ika I know or another one?

Onu Ika is a very much Igbophobic forum, where Solomon Omonijie from Owa and his ilks hold sway.

I remember how they cried bitterly on that forum when Dorathy of BBN identified as Igbo. All of them were in severe pains and were cursing her and her family for not raising her well.

You IPOB people should stop making these irrelevant groups look relevant. They need us, but we don't need them. That's the reality, but the way IPoB are going with their shameless unity begging is making it look the other way.

Dorathy claimed Igbo on BBN because she needed Igbo population vote . No Igbo man will ever claim Ika because Ika has nothing to offer Ndiigbo.

5 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

You are not needed or wanted in Biafra. We don't want Bini contaminated Igbo phobic groups in Biafra.
Biafra will be an Igbo only country, make no mistake about it.
You are not in position to be giving Ndiigbo conditions to be met before you become part of Biafra. Ndiigbo are the ones to give you conditions to meet before you are allowed to be part of Biafra.

Ika will have to go negotiate with your Bini masters or Ijaw masters to be part of Bini republic or Ijaw Niger Delta should Nigeria cease to exist.

3 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:
I know some people no go believe say Ika are now on board the Biafran train. Make una dey research small before insulting people.

Which Ika is onboard with your Biafra? Una no dey tire for this una Unity begging?

Mtchew!

4 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 11:17am On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

You are not needed or wanted in Biafra. We don't want Bini contaminated Igbo phobic groups in Biafra.
You are not in position to be giving Ndiigbo conditions to be met before you become part of Biafra. Ndiigbo are the ones to give you conditions to meet before you are allowed to be part of Biafra.

Ika will have to go negotiate with your Bini masters or Ijaw masters to be part of Bini republic or Ijaw Niger Delta should Nigeria cease to exist.
Yet you guys are dragging us�
The benins are our brothers,not our masters.Nor let hatred and jealousy kill you.
We have no business with ijaws,anybody that disagree with Igbos is a benin slave right? If only you know the relationship between us and the benins,then you will keep quite.
Igbos must stop being emotional.Once we reject your Igbo tag,we became benin slaves right?
We bury our Ika ethnicity and choose Igbo tag(God forbid),we will become Igbo slave right? Igbos and double standard.
Anyway,I am waiting for any mature Igbo person to discuss with,not with an emotional pig like Igboid.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 11:46am On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Ika will have to go negotiate with your Bini masters or Ijaw masters to be part of the Bini republic or Ijaw Niger Delta should Nigeria cease to exist.
These people have not even resolved the problems amongst themselves... Agbor natives have protested bitterly online that their language is not an acronym.

They are protesting that IKA means "Integrated kingdom of Agbor". That the politicians are trying to erase their identity by calling them Ika. They claim that their language is Agbor and that they speak Agbor and not Ika. Many of their youth leaders have gone on massive campaigns ´to warn the youths in Agbor. @sufferingboy is not from Agbor, he would know that what I am saying is the truth and nothing but the truth.

There is massive fights and further identity crisis within them. Agbor feels that they are the most important, while the rest are attaching themselves to Agbor in other to push an IKA identity and yet hide the fact that their place is an Acronym.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by powerhouse3(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:
If you Ijaws keep up your folly in Ndoki.

Ndiigbo will not only push you back, we would ensure you suffer by setting in motion cascade of events that will see you lose large territories that are obviously not Ijaw but that you have claimed over time no thanks to Gowon and masters of one Nigeria that needed to reward you with those territories for your role in Biafra defeat.
These territories include:

Bayelsa state

1. Ogbia(Ibibio)
2. Yenegoa (Edo land)

Rivers state

1. Opobo(Distinct/hybrid)
2. Bonny(Distinct/hybrid)
3. Engenni (Edoland)
4. Odual(Ibibio)
5. Abua( Ibibio)
6. Degema( Edoland)
7.Andoni(Ibibio)

.....while what you're saying there is not disputed , hurling insult to my tribe is no no for me ,...

historical ,we left these place during the abolishment of slave trade,....but saying there's no political synergy among my people is a lie..... during GEJ tenure ,they came up with oil river state and it's was stated clearly to those championing it ,that the era of Ibibio letting go of thier land Is gone .....
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

These people have not even resolved the problems amongst themselves... Agbor natives have protested bitterly online that their language is not an acronym.

They are protesting that IKA means "Integrated kingdom of Agbor". That the politicians are trying to erase their identity by calling them Ika. They claim that their language is Agbor and that they speak Agbor and not Ika. Many of their youth leaders have gone on massive campaigns ´to warn the youths in Agbor. @sufferingboy is not from Agbor, he would know that what I am saying is the truth and nothing but the truth.

There is massive fights and further identity crisis within them. Agbor feels that they are the most important, while the rest are attaching themselves to Agbor in other to push an IKA identity and yet hide the fact that their place is an Acronym.
Wrong IKA is not an acronym,It is the corrupted version of "EKA ",In the ancient times we were called EKA people.
The benins,understand this thing well.The benins called us EKA.
You are trying hard to make people think there is a division among Ika people,wrong there is no division.Other clans like my clan(Owa) are not trying to attach to agbor.All the clans are brothers since ancient time.
My obi HRM emmanuel efeizomor of Owa clan married from agbor clan.
We in owa clan,especially my town (Owa-oyibu) respect and cherish people of Ute-ekpo clan because in ancient time,the Obi of Owa clan has the same ancestor with the Obi of Ute-ekpo clan.
If I want to build my house,I have four clans in mind.Utogboje clan,otolokpo clan,ute-ekpo clan and Mbiri clan.
Though I am from owa/Idumesah clans.
Ifeanyi Okowa is from owa clan
Lucky Irabor is from agbor clan
Ifeanyi Emeifele is from agbor clan
Wife of okowa(mrs edith) is from Igbanke clan
AIG david Igbodo is from otolokpo clan
Dorathy of bbn is from agbor clan
Owner of Arise tv is from agbor clan.
Rivers state comm of police is from Owa clan
Wizboy is from Umunede
Late Samuel Ogbemudia is from Igbanke clan.
Many of my family people live in agbor clan.What you must understand is that Agbor clan have the biggest landmass and population,but we are all equal that is why obi of agbor can not control other clan except agbor.
After an owa-oyibu commander "Obaseki" beheaded the white man during the ekumeku war,oyibu lost most of our population same as other owa towns.Our people left and settled in other clans and they never returned.Our obi was exiled to warri where he died and was buried there for resisting the neo-colonialism of white people.
Agbor is the biggest by landmass,population and by development.
But okowa is a smart man,He became governor and started developing other clan not just concentrating in agbor.OKowa is from owa not agbor.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Onu Ika is a very much Igbophobic forum, where Solomon Omonijie from Owa and his ilks hold sway.

I remember how they cried bitterly on that forum when Dorathy of BBN identified as Igbo. All of them were in severe pains and were cursing her and her family for not raising her well.

You IPOB people should stop making these irrelevant groups look relevant. They need us, but we don't need them. That's the reality, but the way IPoB are going with their shameless unity begging is making it look the other way.

Dorathy claimed Igbo on BBN because she needed Igbo population vote . No Igbo man will ever claim Ika because Ika has nothing to offer Ndiigbo.
Every Igbo clan is important however anyone who wishes to overestimate his/her importance will be thrown out of the fold. Solomon Omonijie aka Agbontaen should continue his job in Onu Ika. Eventually we will cut them out of the fold whatever becomes of them will be of no concern to us. Every Igbo clan is unique and important in her own way.

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Which Ika is onboard with your Biafra? Una no dey tire for this una Unity begging?

Mtchew!

Oga go and take a seat abeg even if the whole Anioma claims Igbo/Biafra you will not acknowledge it. Allow us rest abeg.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 1:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
[s]
Igboid:

[/s]

Ipob this Ipob that. Be like you don see ipob for dream. Rest.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Wrong IKA is not an acronym,It is the corrupted version of "EKA ",In the ancient times we were called EKA people.
The benins,understand this thing well.The benins called us EKA.
You are trying hard to make people think there is a division among Ika people,wrong there is no division.Other clans like my clan(Owa) are not trying to attach to agbor.All the clans are brothers since ancient time.
My obi HRM emmanuel efeizomor of Owa clan married from agbor clan.
We in owa clan,especially my town (Owa-oyibu) respect and cherish people of Ute-ekpo clan because in ancient time,the Obi of Owa clan has the same ancestor with the Obi of Ute-ekpo clan.
If I want to build my house,I have four clans in mind.Utogboje clan,otolokpo clan,ute-ekpo clan and Mbiri clan.
Though I am from owa/Idumesah clans.
Ifeanyi Okowa is from owa clan
Lucky Irabor is from agbor clan
Ifeanyi Emeifele is from agbor clan
Wife of okowa(mrs edith) is from Igbanke clan
AIG david Igbodo is from otolokpo clan
Dorathy of bbn is from agbor clan
Owner of Arise tv is from agbor clan.
Rivers state comm of police is from Owa clan
Wizboy is from Umunede
Late Samuel Ogbemudia is from Igbanke clan.
Many of my family people live in agbor clan.What you must understand is that Agbor clan have the biggest landmass and population,but we are all equal that is why obi of agbor can not control other clan except agbor.
After an owa-oyibu commander "Obaseki" beheaded the white man during the ekumeku war,oyibu lost most of our population same as other owa towns.Our people left and settled in other clans and they never returned.Our obi was exiled to warri where he died and was buried there for resisting the neo-colonialism of white people.
Agbor is the biggest by landmass,population and by development.
But okowa is a smart man,He became governor and started developing other clan not just concentrating in agbor.OKowa is from owa not agbor.
Can you show me the earliest written documents in pre -colonial or post colonial time showing the name of a group a "Eka". There are many documents those leaders in Agbor brought forward as evidence to this claim. Now tell me, why are Agbor people rejecting the IKA claim as their language or people? Why such aggressiveness?
Be truthful- Secondly, can you provide any document showing your name to be "Eka"? What does Eka mean in Benin language? Let us be even logical.

Here are full support from Agbor people supporting my claim. Why is there so much anti-Ika identity within Agbor, which is supposed to be the largest group?

It seems it is like the smaller villages that are pushing for the acronym so bad.
CC: Igboid, Fejoku

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:

Oga go and take a seat abeg even if the whole Anioma claims Igbo/Biafra you will not acknowledge it. Allow us rest abeg.

Stop your disgraceful unity begging.
How can anyone visit an Igbo phobic page like Onu Ika and come on NL to lie that the people there are pro Igbo/Biafra?
What exactly do you intend to achieve with such self deceiving propaganda?

4 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 1:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:

Ipob this Ipob that. Be like you don see ipob for dream. Rest.

Until you IPOB stop disgracing Ndiigbo with your shameful unity begging, whereby you make irrelevant groups start feeling relevant before Ndiigbo, I will not stop calling you lots out. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
[s]
Igboid:

Stop your disgraceful unity begging.
How can anyone visit an Igbo phobic page like Onu Ika and come on NL to lie that the people there are pro Igbo/Biafra?
What exactly do you intend to achieve with such self deceiving propaganda?
[/s]

You're very very stupid to say I will leave all I have to do and come here to lie. You're very stupid. I would have gotten several screenshot to show here but I don't give a damn what you think. Rubbish!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ikpeazu: Mushroom Political Parties Pick PDP Recalcitrants In Abia / Massive Crowd Troop Out For Palliatives In Lagos Today - Photos / Yakubu Gowon Not Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.