Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee (48410 Views)

Premier League: Players From All 20 Clubs Will Continue To Take The Knee / EPL Round-up: Iheanacho Scores First Premier League Goal In 2020 / Iwobi Scores First Premier League Goal For Everton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ecolime(m): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2021
Never join the bandwagon.

I stand with you Zaha.

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by IYANGBALI: 8:29pm On Mar 13, 2021
He is a very big fool. His reasons for not kneeling down are not good enough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Richy4(m): 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2021
Some people don't just read anymore here on NL before the commenting... or is it comprehension issues... embarassed?
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Jdesilentkiller(m): 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2021
I thought I was the only one who thinks that taking a knee is just nonsense and public stunt. It doesn't have a significant contribution to anything remotely connected to fighting racism. Many players do it not because they like or believe in the message it carries.
Thank you Zaha for being courageous enough to voice 8t out... You are truly a man, I will never forget this gesture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Proton99: 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2021
Odinaka00:
No black ref in EPL, no black coach, no black linesman rather you will see a white female lineswoman. These re the things they should be protesting for and not this nonsense Black Lives Matter nonsense.. All these black people who cry over racism re either tribalists, xénophobes, religious fanatics and name it... you hate your fellow black person but when a white shows you the same hatred then you start crying like a baby
How many white coaches and players do they have in the Nigerian League?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 13, 2021
Odinaka00:
No black ref in EPL, no black coach, no black linesman rather you will see a white female lineswoman. These re the things they should be protesting for and not this nonsense Black Lives Matter nonsense.. All these black people who cry over racism re either tribalists, xénophobes, religious fanatics and name it... you hate your fellow black person but when a white shows you the same hatred then you start crying like a baby
Nonsense talk.....
It's an English league, so it's understandable that they're only English referees.
How is not having a black match official racism...
People sef.
You can only complain when balck referees aren't chosen for intl competitions like the World cup

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Myself2(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
Excellent decision.
I support him and I will do the same.
What have they achieved since they started the half hearted and hypocritical action of kneeling on one leg aka taking a knee

Enough of follow follow spirit, apart from when I'm praying to God, I hate anything that brings a man to his knees

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Temptee101(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2021
Coldie:
Black people. To your surprise there won't be an outrage, but if he had been white they would have accused him of racism this and that.

With the way black people are annoying if the roles were reversed and blacks were white's and whites black we for show them pepper

It's sad really but you spoke the truth.
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
He has said it already that he would stop the kneeling culture.

I think he has just walked the talk.
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by uunwanaobong3: 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
aprimama:
Zaha should understand that at a time in history, complete segregation existed, where he couldn't even have been able to share a dressing room with a white man. This war would be won gradually, the EPL is making a statement against racism through the symbolism of taking the knee. If you think because racism persists, then we should discard the campaign, then you need to look back and evaluate. There's progress bros.
Bros the truth is that u can never stop racism so far as we have different skin color, infact god created us different.
This taking of knee and canceling culture is not helping to fight racism, instead it is dividing opinion and generating hate and further division. Fighting racism should be inclusive and appealing to conscience

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ManOfCompetence(m): 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Isoright....he is a grown asss moda fuckkker
So he has the right to do whatever he wants
Boss let's meet at Irex bar, I want to learn bombing skills
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by michresakidjo(m): 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2021
He refused to be part of the hypocrisy of both white and black racists.... Nothing changes the fact, him go take banana las las... Racism is in the DNA of mankind. Black to Black racism... White to White Racism, Black to white racism, white to Black Racism....Husband to wife racism, wife to Husband Racism....children to children racism.... Buhari and his racist cow nko?

Only God, the creator of them all is not RACIST

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Waheed60: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kneeling doesn't change the chemistry feeling s of white against the black

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by styleewhyte(m): 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
IYANGBALI:
He is a very big fool. His reasons for not kneeling down are not good enough

I sincerely believe you are the biggest of what you tagged him....what have kneeling achieved. Am sure that you are one of the very many that will first refer to people with their tribes...

He is man who knows exactly what he believes in and sticks to it. You on the other hand should first sort that out and stop following crowd.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ogbonti: 8:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Trump is out. The bleeding heart leftist radicals should stop this dumb show of hypocrisy already. It has served its purpose. Even Biden doesn't kneel anymore.

God bless you - Trump is out, all the world's problem is gone

Now the guy who killed George Floyd is about to get the lightest sentence as videos are now coming out that Floyd was already screaming

He cant breathe while he was still seating in his own car - corroborating the proof that he was high on phentanol, a drug which when taken in

high dosage can prevent one from breathing and lead to death. So George Floyd was already due to have a massive fatal heart attack that day

whether anyone touch him or not - Something tells me that Floyd episode was done to come after Trump and it worked like a charm

When the police officer Chauvin [who I sincerely believe is a Liberal operative and working for the Democrat Party] is freed or given 5 years max -

then the script is complete!!!! Getting President DONALD TRUMP out of the White House was the real focus - not Floyd, BLM or Racism!!!

5 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by drLammy(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
flamingREED:
This is how atheists and feminists would kneel begging for their lives in the day of judgement while the Christian believer would stand tall!

If heaven sure for you why you no go tonight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by drLammy(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2021
flamingREED:
This is how atheists and feminists would kneel begging for their lives in the day of judgement while the Christian believer would stand tall!

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Golan007: 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2021
[s]
Uprightness100:
The Crowd is not always right.
Stand out from the Crowd.
Do you know what you are kneeling to??
Dare to be the Shadrach, Mesach and Abednago of your Generation.
I will do Exactly the same thing.

I only knee to GOD Almighty
[/s]
Rubbish.

He's only doing exactly what the kneeling is meant to do; bring awareness to the problems blacks and minorities face in day-to-day living.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by bukatyne(f): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
Good one Zaha cool

It makes me happy when I see people who think things through and not just regurgitate words/actions.

How does kneeling before a football match stop racism? undecided

Are footballers the only victims/perpetrators of racism?

Refusing to go through the motions....rare in the world today.

4 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Fatheroflove(m): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
I strongly respect and commend zaha for this, we are all created equal before God, why take a kneel to be respected

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Golan007: 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2021
[s]
ogbonti:

God bless you - Trump is out, all the world's problem is gone

Now the guy who killed George Floyd is about to get the lightest sentence as videos are now coming out that Floyd was already screaming

He cant breathe while he was still seating in his own car - corroborating the proof that he was high on phentanol, a drug which when taken in

high dosage can prevent one from breathing and lead to death. So George Floyd was already due to have a massive fatal heart attack that day

whether anyone touch him or not - Something tells me that Floyd episode was done to come after Trump and it worked like a charm

When the police officer Chauvin [who I sincerely believe is a Liberal operative and working for the Democrat Party] is freed or given 5 years max -

then the script is complete!!!! Getting President DONALD TRUMP out of the White House was the real focus - not Floyd, BLM or Racism!!!

[/s]

FVCK Donald Trump that racist bastard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by friday2011(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
Na so... When person think of wetin dey happen for the UK Royal family seff... You go know say whites will not always accept blacks. They are only pretending.
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by kenzysmith: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2021
This zaha mumu die no go respect himself if na white man refuse to stand all of una go begin call am racist I speak the truth

2 Shares

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Chiminemine(m): 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2021
Odinaka00:
you just lack common sense...is there any white coach, White referee, white lines man, in any african football league? No..
Why?? Because they are not supposed to be there.. same applies to us over there we are not supposed to be there... We are all guest in a white man's land.. why don't white folks come out and protest becos there are no white people in the african system Only blacks will go to another man's land and start to protest because they are not installed in key positions.. in another man's land ohhh. We had better get rid of this our entitlement mentality or else..

8 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 13, 2021
He "stood tall", but didn't score. Someone that took the knee now scored.
So wetin e gain?

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by McBaron2(m): 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2021
Bad of him.
Anyway, everyone is entitled to he or her opinion
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by salem1996: 9:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
[quote[b] author=flamingREED post=99860679]This is how atheists and feminists would kneel begging for their lives in the day of judgement while the Christian believer would stand tall![/[/b]quote]

grin grin Problem no deh finish really... shocked

Very true sha

I love Jesus kiss

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by kenzysmith: 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2021
Proton99:

How many white coaches and players do they have in the Nigerian League?
God bless u some people want rohr out not because he is not doing well simply because he is just white

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Tcwork: 9:16pm On Mar 13, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Nobody force am... we'll hear how far when he's the target of racists.
So those that take the knee wouldn't be racism targets?
Taking the knee would not stop any player from being a target.

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ogbonti: 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2021
Golan007:
[s][/s]

FVCK Donald Trump that racist bastard.

And you - who borrowed N100 to buy Glo data promo to insult Trump who has nothing less than $5 Billion in his Bank Account - you are over fvcked by life already - O ma se o grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by chamboy(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
Kneeing to counter racism is very hypocritical when the real racism is still being practice in Broad day light.

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Duplik8t77(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2021
Nbotee:
I'm sure if he had been a white player no one would care his reasons before bringing up the usual racism storm
gbam! true talk, bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Luxurious Lifestyle Of Andre Ayew, Ghanaian Blackstar Player / Ukraine: Former World Boxing Champions, Klitschko Brothers, Take Up Arms. / Samuel Nlend Sacked For Testing HIV Positive In Egypt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.