Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee (48443 Views)

Premier League: Players From All 20 Clubs Will Continue To Take The Knee / EPL Round-up: Iheanacho Scores First Premier League Goal In 2020 / Iwobi Scores First Premier League Goal For Everton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Mosesvic11(m): 8:27am On Mar 14, 2021
Coldie:
Black people. To your surprise there won't be an outrage, but if he had been white they would have accused him of racism this and that.

With the way black people are annoying if the roles were reversed and blacks were white's and whites black we for show them pepper
stop this display I beg.. that guy was seriously abused on Twitter and till today nothing was done about. so tell what is the need of knelling when you know the aim will and can never be achieve?

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:34am On Mar 14, 2021
Golan007:
[s][/s]

FVCK Donald Trump that racist bastard.
And Biden is not racist ba
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by KenModi(m): 8:35am On Mar 14, 2021
Coldie:
Black people. To your surprise there won't be an outrage, but if he had been white they would have accused him of racism this and that.

With the way black people are annoying if the roles were reversed and blacks were white's and whites black we for show them pepper

You no just get sense at all!

His not taking the kneel is a form of protest on its own against the authorities who do nothing when a black player is racially abused. If nothing is done, whats the need taking the knee?! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by KenModi(m): 8:40am On Mar 14, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
A black man always trying to prove a point when there is none!

To slap you dey hungry me, I swear!

From your statement, I am very sure you have never experienced racial discrimination based on the colour of your skin. Even if you have, you are one of those black people who go about licking white people’s a$$. Modafvcking house niqqa! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by KenModi(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2021
flamingREED:
This is how atheists and feminists would kneel begging for their lives in the day of judgement while the Christian believer would stand tall!

grin grin grin grin grin

Which. day of judgement are you talking about? The one that has been ‘coming’ for almost a century now. Even the Nairaland’s resident pastor has stopped blabbing about judgement day and all that bullcrap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by SouthSouth1914: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2021
KenModi:

To slap you dey hungry me, I swear!

From your statement, I am very sure you have never experienced racial discrimination based on the colour of your skin. Even if you have, you are one of those black people who go about licking white people’s a$$. Modafvcking house niqqa! angry

Racial profiling goes beyond someone taking a knee or not. You can keep your mouth running like tap, remember it’s your mouth and I can’t control what you say. Remember this
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by KenModi(m): 8:50am On Mar 14, 2021
aprimama:
Zaha should understand that at a time in history, complete segregation existed, where he couldn't even have been able to share a dressing room with a white man. This war would be won gradually, the EPL is making a statement against racism through the symbolism of taking the knee. If you think because racism persists, then we should discard the campaign, then you need to look back and evaluate. There's progress bros.

Look at it from this angle. His not taking a knee is a protest on its own against racial discrimination and the lack of action on the part of the EPL authorities. The rarely take any action when a player gets racially abused even on social media except issue a statement condemning it.

He was racially abused a few weeks back on Twitter but nothing was done about it. His not taking a knee is a form of protest and a show of defiance saying to the system: “you tell me to take a knee before every game, yet very little is done effectively and practically to put an end to this menace”. Pure and simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:57am On Mar 14, 2021
KenModi:

Look at it from this angle. His not taking a knee is a protest on its own against racial discrimination and the lack of action on the part of the EPL authorities. The rarely take any action when a player gets racially abused even on social media except issue a statement condemning it.

He was racially abused a few weeks back on Twitter but nothing was done about it. His not taking a knee is a form of protest and a show of defiance saying to the system: “you tell me to take a knee before every game, yet very little is done effectively and practically to put an end to this menace”. Pure and simple.
What actions do you think epl can take to stop racial abuse on social media
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Godszilla: 9:23am On Mar 14, 2021
Leave them,its always about race n tribal sentiment.what happened to competence n quality.d whole place is a complete mess cos of this retrogressive thinking.instead of dem asking d rit question na racism na him Mata 2 dem. Racism,federal character,tribal sentiment,equality what the difference?
Agbegbaorogboye:

So you want a ref, coach, linesman to be appointed in epl just because they are black to satisfy your racist innuendos.
Same quota system that killed Nigeria you want to export to Britain
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Odinaka00(m): 9:49am On Mar 14, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

So you want a ref, coach, linesman to be appointed in epl just because they are black to satisfy your racist innuendos.
Same quota system that killed Nigeria you want to export to Britain

The same quota system is really affecting your reasoning bcus you sound like one village idiot who doesn't understand how things work in this world.. As you aware that once you re a citizen of a country you re entitled to almost everything? But bcus you re one hopeless local idiot who uses borrowed data to comment on Nairaland, you think it's OK to display your stupidity and poor reasoning to the world.. Here in South Africa, Indians have been here for so long and they re entitled to everything just like the black South Africans. So the Jamaicans that have been in England for over 500yrs now, they re not entitled to anything? And they do pay taxes? You re just glorified olodo

Even many African countries hire white coaches.. Super Eagles coach is even a white man and you re here talking like oloribruku

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:03am On Mar 14, 2021
Odinaka00:

The same quota system is really affecting your reasoning bcus you sound like one village idiot who doesn't understand how things work in this world.. As you aware that once you re a citizen of a country you re entitled to almost everything? But bcus you re one hopeless local idiot who uses borrowed data to comment on Nairaland, you think it's OK to display your stupidity and poor reasoning to the world.. Here in South Africa, Indians have been here for so long and they re entitled to everything just like the black South Africans. So the Jamaicans that have been in England for over 500yrs now, they re not entitled to anything? And they do pay taxes? You re just glorified olodo

Even many African countries hire white coaches.. Super Eagles coach is even a white man and you re here talking like oloribruku

First of all, ignoring your childish insults. It shows you in bad light.
I don't know what you mean by entitled to everything/entitled to anything. Is coaching, ref or linesman an entitlement for a citizen or a profession where you're expected to learn, improve and move up based on your competence and qualities?
That said, English, German and even French national teams have a good number of black players. In some instances, they even "snatch" black players from African countries, the most recent being musiala of Bayern Munich who chose Germany over Nigeria.
You don't seem to see that as racism that white countries deprive African countries of their best talents. Instead you complain about no black coaches and refs, while if you were well informed you would have known about Chris Houghton who is presently coach of Nottingham forest and was coach of Brighton.
So I hope you now understand that not having black coaches or refs is not due to racism neither is it an entitlement. It's about opportunities and competence. I'm sure with time, there'll be those who will come through. Just as we now have female linesman.
Lastly, learn how to comport yourself in public. Gutter languages are for gutter people.

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 14, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

Who pushed for and promoted America's "war on terror" during the Bush presidency? The left or the right? Do you know how many lives have been lost since the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan by the US? Yes, the left and right are both hypocrites.

I was speaking of domestic politics and tactics, using BLM riots and the Covid-19 epidemic to win points. In matters of their belligerent foreign policy, both sides are exactly the same. Had 9/11 happened under a democrat's watch, the knee jerk reaction would have been no different. Trump's hands-off policy was kind of his own personal one.
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Cfc4life(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2021
You are a real niga mehn
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Odinaka00(m): 10:28am On Mar 14, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

First of all, ignoring your childish insults. It shows you in bad light.
I don't know what you mean by entitled to everything/entitled to anything. Is coaching, ref or linesman an entitlement for a citizen or a profession where you're expected to learn, improve and move up based on your competence and qualities?
That said, English, German and even French national teams have a good number of black players. In some instances, they even "snatch" black players from African countries, the most recent being musiala of Bayern Munich who chose Germany over Nigeria.
You don't seem to see that as racism that white countries deprive African countries of their best talents. Instead you complain about no black coaches and refs, while if you were well informed you would have known about Chris Houghton who is presently coach of Nottingham forest and was coach of Brighton.
So I hope you now understand that not having black coaches or refs is not due to racism neither is it an entitlement. It's about opportunities and competence. I'm sure with time, there'll be those who will come through. Just as we now have female linesman.
Lastly, learn how to comport yourself in public. Gutter languages are for gutter people.

You were the one who started with the insults and it was not necessary, if you had replied to me intelligently just like you did now, I wouldn’t have called you names. The problem is that some of you on this site think that you can insult. I said my opinion and it’s my humble opinion and I do have a right to air my opinion, my opinion may not be fact to you so it is expected of you to engage me like an adult instead of insulting me simply cuz you did not agree with what I said. I’m on my way to the gym now. I ll respond back to the points you just made above and until then do enjoy your Sunday bro...Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 10:32am On Mar 14, 2021
Odinaka00:
No black ref in EPL, no black coach, no black linesman rather you will see a white female lineswoman. These re the things they should be protesting for and not this nonsense Black Lives Matter nonsense.. All these black people who cry over racism re either tribalists, xénophobes, religious fanatics and name it... you hate your fellow black person but when a white shows you the same hatred then you start crying like a baby

Ignoramus always making stupid statements from their SHITHOLES!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 10:34am On Mar 14, 2021
Proton99:

How many white coaches and players do they have in the Nigerian League?

Use your brain sir. God! What a STUPID FOOLISH THOUGHTLESS statement? Smh!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2021
Nairalandian:

Nonsense talk.....
It's an English league, so it's understandable that they're only English referees.
How is not having a black match official racism...
People sef.
You can only complain when balck referees aren't chosen for intl competitions like the World cup

Another commentator from the SHITHOLE!
Have you ever lived in the UK? Evidently not, your statement is more than stupid!!!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 10:40am On Mar 14, 2021
bukatyne:
Good one Zaha cool

It makes me happy when I see people who think things through and not just regurgitate words/actions.

How does kneeling before a football match stop racism? undecided

Are footballers the only victims/perpetrators of racism?

Refusing to go through the motions....rare in the world today.

Symbolism is just as important. You haven’t lived in a white country so please sir Shut up!
ibedun:

Another commentator from the SHITHOLE!
Have you ever lived in the UK? Evidently not, your statement is more than stupid!!!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 10:41am On Mar 14, 2021
bukatyne:
Good one Zaha cool

It makes me happy when I see people who think things through and not just regurgitate words/actions.

How does kneeling before a football match stop racism? undecided

Are footballers the only victims/perpetrators of racism?

Refusing to go through the motions....rare in the world today.

Symbolism is just as important. You haven’t lived in a white country so please sir Shut up!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 10:47am On Mar 14, 2021
ogbonti:

And you - who borrowed N100 to buy Glo data promo to insult Trump who has nothing less than $5 Billion in his Bank Account - you are over fvcked by life already - O ma se o grin

Trump’s accountant, yet you have never left the shithole!

Let’s say he has $5b in his account (which is totally untrue btw), so what?
What will he do with the money? Obviously you have never seen money in your life, otherwise you will know the limitations and the deep headache lots of money brings.

Just shut it! Shithole citizen!

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ogbonti: 11:02am On Mar 14, 2021
ibedun:

Trump’s accountant, yet you have never left the shithole!

Let’s say he has $5b in his account (which is totally untrue btw), so what?
What will he do with the money? Obviously you have never seen money in your life, otherwise you will know the limitations and the deep headache lots of money brings.

Just shut it! Shithole citizen!

When I became a citizen of the greatest country God gave to Man : The United States of America, most likely you were in Primary 2. If thinking I stay in Nigeria gives you inner peace from your failure to meet up in life, so be it- sleep on lazy bones!!!!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:11am On Mar 14, 2021
Odinaka00:

You were the one who started with the insults and it was not necessary, if you had replied to me intelligently just like you did now, I wouldn’t have called you names. The problem is that some of you on this site think that you can insult. I said my opinion and it’s my humble opinion and I do have a right to air my opinion, my opinion may not be fact to you so it is expected of you to engage me like an adult instead of insulting me simply cuz you did not agree with what I said. I’m on my way to the gym now. I ll respond back to the points you just made above and until then do enjoy your Sunday bro...Peace

Kindly point out the insults I threw at you
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Golan007: 11:14am On Mar 14, 2021
ogbonti:

When I became a citizen of the greatest country God gave to Man : The United States of America, most likely you were in Primary 2. If thinking I stay in Nigeria gives you inner peace from your failure to meet up in life, so be it- sleep on lazy bones!!!!

Suddenly you are ruffled simply because you have been exposed.

grin
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 11:14am On Mar 14, 2021
ogbonti:

Which effing greatest country on earth?
One built on genocide and other evil bloodletting....Abeg... FYI

I was in LA few months back. I stayed in Hawthorn, Inglewood, Hollywood Hill and Van Nuys in the valley. I even spent a few days in SAN Bernardino.

Been everywhere in Europe sef.

Stop making foolish statements on SM. Idi...t
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Odinaka00(m): 11:18am On Mar 14, 2021
ibedun:

Ignoramus always making stupid statements from their SHITHOLES!

If only she was not drunk when she gave birth to you, you wouldn’t have become this pathetic idiot that you have become. Nonsense thing
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ogbonti: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2021
ibedun:

Which effing greatest country on earth?
One built on genocide and other evil bloodletting....Abeg... FYI

I was in LA few months back. I stayed in Hawthorn, Inglewood, Hollywood Hill and Van Nuys in the valley. I even spent a few days in SAN Bernardino.

Been everywhere in Europe sef.

Stop making foolish statements on SM. Idi...t

conjectures - contradictions - frustration, is all I see from your response. Your response does not remove the fact that I am a naturalized American citizen and you are not. I am not disputing that you have not visited the US but visiting is one thing, staying here and being legal and surviving America is another kettle of fish. Yes, no be to visit America be the thing oo na to stay and even when you become legal, you have to make money and live well so I am not your mate in this life and another life- and why are you running from pillar to post - been all over Europe and the world doing what exactly ? Ajala- travel all over the world grin

we wey dey travel for vacation and they ball we no fit talk- you small crayfish dey make noise up and down, guy go and fix your life, and stop constituting nuisance in a public forum like nairaland - America is not the greatest country in the world - ? Guy make I clear you sharp sharp- during this pandemic alone at least we can verify a few things

Even the poor have collected $1,200 $600 and now $1,400 for a single person oo not to talk of their kids - lump sum, this does not include unemployment money running into at least $30,000 per adult for the last one year - I mean a poor adult

multiply $33,200 by N475 = N15,770,000- That was what the US government gave to the poorest American as survival cash - we are not talking of the food vouchers to buy groceries at home ooo

Tell me - Mr America is not great, what did Nigeria give you for the past one year of the pandemic? Audio N50,000 abi ? and the only benefit you got was a bag of rice and packet of indomie and you stole it when you robbed the Oba of Lagos palliatives store house

Guy make u shorrop there - even Canada and UK and western European nations have not done as much as America for her citizen in the last one year you dey here dey yan dust- frustrated agbaya like you cheesy grin
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ogbonti: 11:46am On Mar 14, 2021
Golan007:

Suddenly you are ruffled simply because you have been exposed.

grin

ruffled, nah - amused by your foolishness- aww yes! I am what I am so your response regarding me living in America doesn’t bother me

Rather it makes me value my achievement more! grin = Proud Naturalized citizen of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA grin
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Golan007: 11:58am On Mar 14, 2021
ogbonti:

ruffled, nah - amused by your foolishness- aww yes! I am what I am so your response regarding me living in America doesn’t bother me

Rather it makes me value my achievement more! grin = Proud Naturalized citizen of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA grin

Shut up.

Nothing special about living in America.

Perhaps it is the greatest achievement someone in your village has ever attained.

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Charlie2020(f): 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
Taking or giving a kneel! Very childis
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by kingLebron: 12:21pm On Mar 14, 2021
Coldie:

You can only assume this. "If, if if" "If your uncle was a woman she will be your aunt"

There is no outrage when Zaha did it because he is saying kneeling is not enough. He wants more than that. It's different from denying the problem completely by not kneeling (which is a little gesture to support the cause)

If a white person refuses to kneel and say that the kneeling isn't enough and his black colleagues are still being racially abused and they should do more as white people. There will be no outrage. The response will be like the response Zaha got.
You and all the people that liked your comment should sit down and reason.
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ibedun: 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2021
Golan007:

Shut up.

Nothing special about living in America.

Perhaps it is the greatest achievement someone in your village has ever attained.

First from his village oooo!

“Oju o ri ola ri”

Trump has $5b in his account? That show you his poverty mentality. See as he is celebrating the USA I stayed for years in the 90s (California for that matter). I even enrolled at UCLA in Berkeley in 1991 (Business School).

Idiat got a green card and he is making noise all over the place.

I bet he is not even a professional in the US!

Foolish Ogbonti

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Pogba’s Amazing Car Collection (Photos) / Luxurious Lifestyle Of Andre Ayew, Ghanaian Blackstar Player / Adrian McCallum 'Lionheart' Dies Hours After Tweeting About Death (See Tweet)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.