Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee (48483 Views)

Premier League: Players From All 20 Clubs Will Continue To Take The Knee / EPL Round-up: Iheanacho Scores First Premier League Goal In 2020 / Iwobi Scores First Premier League Goal For Everton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by loswhite(m): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
Proton99:

How many white coaches and players do they have in the Nigerian League?
Dont mind the idiot
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by loswhite(m): 11:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
ogbonti:

God bless you - Trump is out, all the world's problem is gone

Now the guy who killed George Floyd is about to get the lightest sentence as videos are now coming out that Floyd was already screaming

He cant breathe while he was still seating in his own car - corroborating the proof that he was high on phentanol, a drug which when taken in

high dosage can prevent one from breathing and lead to death. So George Floyd was already due to have a massive fatal heart attack that day

whether anyone touch him or not - Something tells me that Floyd episode was done to come after Trump and it worked like a charm

When the police officer Chauvin [who I sincerely believe is a Liberal operative and working for the Democrat Party] is freed or given 5 years max -

then the script is complete!!!! Getting President DONALD TRUMP out of the White House was the real focus - not Floyd, BLM or Racism!!!

Trump followers have empty head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by MackDams(m): 12:15am On Mar 14, 2021
Ever struggled and wondered how beautiful graphic designs are created using canva?

This 'CANVA' e-book with a step-by-step learning technique is what you need to skill up.

Get yours here & thank me later!
[url]chocolateboxnigeria.com[/url]

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Surestory3: 12:17am On Mar 14, 2021
This choice can make him lose his opportunity
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by EXOUSIAng: 12:25am On Mar 14, 2021
Uprightness100:
The Crowd is not always right. Stand out from the Crowd. Do you know what you are kneeling to?? Dare to be the Shadrach, Mesach and Abednago of your Generation. I will do Exactly the same thing.
I only knee to GOD Almighty
No dey talk this kind talk naaa.... no be everything be about Bible... God give us brain so we can be rational... this your point no sell at all bro

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by SouthSouth1914: 12:41am On Mar 14, 2021
BabaOwen:
it's a shame cry sharing a country with you .

Thank you for the compliment!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 14, 2021
Nice one from Zaha. Correct!
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ogbonti: 1:19am On Mar 14, 2021
loswhite:
Trump followers have empty head

You reason with you anus grin
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by ogbonti: 1:21am On Mar 14, 2021
Golan007:

While I'm in Ilasamaja abi.

you and you alone know where in the S-hole you dwell in - you said so yourself, I am not there with, take care! grin
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 14, 2021
Uprightness100:
The Crowd is not always right.
Stand out from the Crowd.
Do you know what you are kneeling to??
Dare to be the Shadrach, Mesach and Abednago of your Generation.
I will do Exactly the same thing.

Yes brother!! God is good, let Him guide you not media and the crowd!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by pompeiimagnus: 4:43am On Mar 14, 2021
Uprightness100:
The Crowd is not always right.
Stand out from the Crowd.
Do you know what you are kneeling to??
Dare to be the Shadrach, Mesach and Abednago of your Generation.
I will do Exactly the same thing.

Baba you just post crazy stuff at times sha. You don even change name again to Uprightness100. We just dey observe una.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by pompeiimagnus: 4:49am On Mar 14, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
Trump is out. The bleeding heart leftist radicals should stop this dumb show of hypocrisy already. It has served its purpose. Even Biden doesn't kneel anymore.

The conservative right and liberal left are both hypocrites, so try to be fair in your judgement. Michelle Obama was called all sort of disgusting names when she was first lady, by the right. The right also claimed that Obama and Kamala Harris were not American citizens, even when the proof was clearly in their eyes. The left and right are crazy and selfish opportunists! That is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Odinaka00(m): 5:29am On Mar 14, 2021
Chiminemine:
you just lack common sense...is there any white coach, White referee, white lines man, in any african football league? No..
Why?? Because they are not supposed to be there.. same applies to us over there we are not supposed to be there... We are all guest in a white man's land.. why don't white folks come out and protest becos there are no white people in the african system Only blacks will go to another man's land and start to protest because they are not installed in key positions.. in another man's land ohhh. We had better get rid of this our entitlement mentality or else..

It’s you who lack common sense and speak like an idiot.. Is RSA not in Africa? Do you know how many white coaches and refs in their league? I hate to respond to pathetic senseless Oponu like you cuz it’s a total waste of time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 14, 2021
pompeiimagnus:

The conservative right and liberal left are both hypocrites, so try to be fair in your judgement. Michelle Obama was called all sort of disgusting names when she was first lady, by the right. The right also claimed that Obama and Kamala Harris were not American citizens, even when the proof was clearly in their eyes. The left and right are crazy and selfish opportunists! That is the truth.

Why is a comparison relevant in this context? Not that I totally disagree; especially with the left being crazy. At least the right did not incite violent riots or use people's lives as pawns to further their interests.
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by caprini1: 5:33am On Mar 14, 2021
Proton99:

How many white coaches and players do they have in the Nigerian League?
Our national team coach is white.If our league was financially lucrative like the EPL ,we will have tons of white players too.

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Elliot2(m): 5:36am On Mar 14, 2021
bukatyne:
Good one Zaha cool

It makes me happy when I see people who think things through and not just regurgitate words/actions.

How does kneeling before a football match stop racism? undecided

Are footballers the only victims/perpetrators of racism?

Refusing to go through the motions....rare in the world today.
Your statement shows how impatient blacks are to follow through processes that though may take time but bring successes. We are just too fucking lazy. We only live in the now. The essence of taking that knee was not to bring a miraculous end to racism, but to create an awareness that if sustained with such campaigns could become the respite we seek.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by IYANGBALI: 5:43am On Mar 14, 2021
styleewhyte:

I sincerely believe you are the biggest of what you tagged him....what have kneeling achieved. Am sure that you are one of the very many that will first refer to people with their tribes...

He is man who knows exactly what he believes in and sticks to it. You on the other hand should first sort that out and stop following crowd.
change begins with somewhere. You are just like him, both of you are not making sense, I repeat, he is a fool

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Amanyanabo(m): 6:13am On Mar 14, 2021
Coldie:
Black people. To your surprise there won't be an outrage, but if he had been white they would have accused him of racism this and that.

With the way black people are annoying if the roles were reversed and blacks were white's and whites black we for show them pepper
Yeah, true. Tribalism which is rife in Africa is a low budget form of racism
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by pompeiimagnus: 7:14am On Mar 14, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Why is a comparison relevant in this context? Not that I totally disagree; especially with the left being crazy. At least the right did not incite violent riots or use people's lives as pawns to further their interests.

Who pushed for and promoted America's "war on terror" during the Bush presidency? The left or the right? Do you know how many lives have been lost since the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan by the US? Yes, the left and right are both hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by majamajic(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2021
joshjc:
Nice
It's just a pre-match formality,racism is still going strong

Why should him ( black ) be the first to misobey ?

Africans always over do ! We do racism against whites too
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Timoleon(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2021
Well done. People don’t understand that his refusal to take the knee has drawn more attention to the fight against racism than if he had just taken the knee like others. These days, taking the knee is no longer a protest gesture. It’s just part of the prematch walk up.
sweetgala:

Zaha refusal to take a knee has nothing to do with the crowd but because he sees it as an abused gesture tokinsm, he is a player who had taken spoken out against racism in sport and especially through SM but has been a direct victim of racial abuse. Not taking a knee is in-fact an anti-racism protest.

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Rolexjerry(m): 7:47am On Mar 14, 2021
Coldie:
Black people. To your surprise there won't be an outrage, but if he had been white they would have accused him of racism this and that.

With the way black people are annoying if the roles were reversed and blacks were white's and whites black we for show them pepper
What are you even saying man. He's the victim here so he has the advantage of choosing his next action if existing ones are not working.

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Godszilla: 7:53am On Mar 14, 2021
Good 1 from him, I don't get this kneeling tin jor. BLM but I guess dat doesn't include us here in Africa. It's all a charade. Am not his fan but e was sayin somtin here Burna boi “Now is the time to overturn that, and go back to the royalty that we were, because, in order for black lives to matter, Africa must matter.”
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/aug/08/burna-boy-brothers-in-the-us-have-been-stripped-of-their-knowledge-of-self
etokhana:

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/palaces-zaha-becomes-first-premier-153458528.html?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Coldie(m): 7:54am On Mar 14, 2021
Rolexjerry:

What are you even saying man. He's the victim here so he has the advantage of choosing his next action if existing ones are not working.
U are a victim to racism and u choose an action that discredits people against racism. LoL
Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Akuruoulo(m): 8:09am On Mar 14, 2021
Coldie:

Blacks are more racial than whites. Even in a district in OWERRI WHERE I AM BORN ,AND RAISED UP THEY TREAT TENANTS LIKE SHIT. THEY TREATE THEIR FELLOW OWERRI PEOPLE LIKE OUTCASTS, THE TREATE TENNANT LIKE THIEF. THEY REFER TO TENNANTS AS "ORDINARY, COMMON TENNANTS, JUST".

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Coldie(m): 8:15am On Mar 14, 2021
Akuruoulo:
Blacks are more racial than whites. Even in a district in OWERRI WHERE I AM BORN ,AND RAISED UP THEY TREAT TENANTS LIKE SHIT. THEY TREATE THEIR FELLOW OWERRI PEOPLE LIKE OUTCASTS, THE TREATE TENNANT LIKE THIEF. THEY REFER TO TENNANTS AS "ORDINARY, COMMON TENNANTS, JUST".
Igbo people in general I no know wetin dae worry us

1 Like

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:19am On Mar 14, 2021
Odinaka00:
No black ref in EPL, no black coach, no black linesman rather you will see a white female lineswoman. These re the things they should be protesting for and not this nonsense Black Lives Matter nonsense.. All these black people who cry over racism re either tribalists, xénophobes, religious fanatics and name it... you hate your fellow black person but when a white shows you the same hatred then you start crying like a baby
So you want a ref, coach, linesman to be appointed in epl just because they are black to satisfy your racist innuendos.
Same quota system that killed Nigeria you want to export to Britain

2 Likes

Re: Palace's Zaha Becomes First Premier League Player Not To Take The Knee by SexytorresE(f): 8:21am On Mar 14, 2021
flamingREED:
This is how atheists and feminists would kneel begging for their lives in the day of judgement while the Christian believer would stand tall!
wake up man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mikel Weeps, Begs NFF (Nigerian Football Federation) - The Sun / Difference Between Ballon d'Or, UEFA Best Player And FIFA World's Best / World Cup: Oghenekaro Etebo Has Completed More Dribbles Than Messi, Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.