Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall (42815 Views)

Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Pidginwhisper: 8:50am On Mar 14, 2021
Coward!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 14, 2021
RRodwave:
No amount of depression will make me take my life, e no get duplicate
You funny die. God no go let us depression. Amen
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Noerection: 8:51am On Mar 14, 2021
Ibo boy with fish brain
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Angelawhite(m): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2021
Depression is real guys. It is easy to blame and condemn when you haven’t experienced it.

Depression is like a drunken state. It is a state of mind - like a switch turned on. Some people mistake sadness for depression. Depression is a state of helplessness and hopelessness. A state where all purpose in life is lost.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Noerection: 8:52am On Mar 14, 2021
I will rather kill myself than commit suicide

4 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by SATANISGOD: 8:52am On Mar 14, 2021
stupidity. he will burn in the hottest part of hell

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by floss(m): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2021
University of Nigeria is among the toughest place on earth one can go to for higher learning and I won't encourage anyone that haven't been there to try... speaking from experience,I graduated from there.... everything is in extreme and weird, the rate at which students study for exam, quiz, test is weird and far from normal,every corner is use for night class students desert their hostels, lodges and start living in their different classes all because of making first class, even to the point that the less serious student is forced to study even if you planned to cheat during exam, you will still study your materials.. The department you are in doesn't send or look at your face, very strict to the core.
Any student you see that made first class from UNN doesn't have a social life and they are mostly idealist. All through the year the weather conditions are not favorable for learning, extremely cold and extremely hot.
You will be made to understand that you are not serious even when it's glaring you are trying your best because you will find things more difficult the harder you try.
Ladies in UNN think like men, what ever a guy feels he knows or can do they believe they are equal to the task, if you are not extremely intelligent as a guy in the pure sciences departments don't dream of wooing any lady because it won't work or else she loves you first.... Social life in UNN is not encouraging, 70% of students follow this routine daily; Hostel to Class, Class to Fellowship, Fellowship back to hostel.
If you challenge a lecturer by trying to prove to him you know more than him or her during lectures, just know that you have rented an apartment in that course, you will never graduate.
When ever UNN denies you an admission just know you won't fit in, and you can't absorb the pressure that will come later... because the same way you prepared for PUME is the same way you will be preparing for normal departmental exams.

Being intelligent and also being smart won't save you in UNN, you must have good character (in Character and learning)

The reason students commits suicide apart from spiritual forces is BEING IN THE WRONG DEPARTMENT, it will make you to continue struggling, you might be intelligent but also struggling to catch up. Many students find themselves in the wrong department due to peer pressure, family advice, ignorance, desperate to gain admission. You know you don't have passion for Pharmacy you're not good in chemistry and you're in faculty of pharmacy, you will never enjoy school. Some students might be good with solving calculus, equations, etc. instead of going for engineering courses they will go and apply to study political science...
UNN doesn't forgive errors made by students..it's a pressure cooker.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by hegej: 8:52am On Mar 14, 2021
You need not take your life no matter how depressed u may be. It's just a phase and it will surely pass. RIP young lad
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Firstorderwizard(m): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2021
If you can't handle depression, avoid UNIZIK and UNN Biochemistry department

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by emmanok24(m): 8:54am On Mar 14, 2021
Just pray you don’t suffer life’s wrath!

RRodwave:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by eedimo(m): 8:55am On Mar 14, 2021
RRodwave:
Bro your head good.
Respect to you

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Cutehector(m): 8:56am On Mar 14, 2021
Parents please dont raise weak children. Teach them to survive on their own

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by pickatyouu: 8:56am On Mar 14, 2021
No be wetin make am commit suicide, na something we no know.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Mightyhaiz: 8:58am On Mar 14, 2021
No be only fone cause am
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Goswill1208(m): 8:58am On Mar 14, 2021
Dear UNN STUDENT,
If only you guys know that your school certificate can't guarantee anybody's future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Kaypeeboss(m): 8:59am On Mar 14, 2021
HenryQuest:
A 300 level Biochemistry student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), Mba Daniel, was on Saturday, confirmed dead after committing suicide, VANTAGE NEWS reports.

Our correspondent gathered that the student apparently made different attempts to take his own life between Wednesday and Friday before he eventually succeeded in hanging himself.

VANTAGE NEWS learnt that his phone was seized by a lecturer on examination supervision duty after he was caught cheating with it while writing BCH 353 exam on Wednesday, 10th March.

Daniel’s course mates who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that he last came to school after the incident on Wednesday. Some of them believe his quest to take his own life was due to depression that he suffered after he was caught engaging in examination malpractice.

His lodge mates at his residence in the Odim Gate area of the university community where the ugly incident happened told VANTAGE NEWS that Hypo bleach mixed with dye, hair relaxer and Captain Jack liquor were found in his room.

They also reported that rope tied in the ceiling of his room, knife, syringe and belt were also found.

According to them, it seemed he had attempted to take his life through the items but was unsuccessful.

Daniel eventually hung himself at the balcony in the second floor of the three storey building where he fell from the rope and landed on the floor, suffering a broken leg.

He was rushed by neighbours to a nearby hospital where he was confirmed dead in the early hours of Saturday.

Confirming the incident, the President of the Nigerian Society of Biochemistry Students, UNN chapter, Silas Ijaja, said, “the information reaching me through the closest person is that the guy attempted to kill himself with corrosive chemical, relaxer and strong ethanol he mixed and drank but it did not work. He then used rope to hang himself from the balcony of his room where he fell from and fractured his leg. He was rushed to the hospital and confirmed dead on Saturday.

“It is obvious he died of depression over the incident that happened in exam hall on Wednesday. It may not also be unrelated to his inability to cope with the pressure of the ongoing examination. We have a lot to read and write this period and it is driving so many students into depression,” he added.

All efforts made to contact the Head of the Biochemistry department and school authority prove abortive.

SOURCE: https://vantagenews.ng/2021/03/13/300-level-unn-student-commits-suicide-after-his-phone-was-seized-in-exam-hall/
Nigga is a fool,big one, no reason to take your life,I am indebted,debt that runs into Millions, but I have not and ll not kill myself,I only ran away to one of the states in the south west.where I am trying to gather life together,the joy of sleeping and waking up is sweeter than anything,I studied structural engineering that was very difficult and Rose from a cgpa of 3.2607 to a graduating CGPA of 4.3875 , I had missing results that lasted for more than 2 academic years,yet I didn't give up,I still believe God has plans,the reason I have not visited enugu for money making rituals or visit the mermaid at river ise! The young chap just gave the devil a chance in his life, RIP young dude:never allow the pressure of life make you commit suicide, take note of this post,I ll be a strong force to reckon with in Nigeria politics, business Industry and the corridors of power

9 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by GoldHorse(m): 9:03am On Mar 14, 2021
Why will a student hang himself because of "...inability to cope with the pressure of the ongoing examination..." The dots are not connecting at all!
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Mightyhaiz: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2021
Quality20:
university filled with igbos both as levturers n students being called University of Nigeria! Dont worry by d time Kanu comes with biafra, he gonna change it to biafra university
Dont forget it was changed to University of Biafra in the 60s but your ancestors preferred to be incinerated rather than let it be

4 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Rickylambert: 9:04am On Mar 14, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
Unizik is worst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 14, 2021
RRodwave:
No talk too much, if e reach you. u will be in severe shock.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Kennyking1234: 9:05am On Mar 14, 2021
Firstorderwizard:
Baba unizik s the school am entering is it that bad?
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by luluosas(m): 9:06am On Mar 14, 2021
Ugly musheshe. Shame on him. Spit on his face. Go and face the consequences of your stupidity in hell fire. Foolish boy

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:07am On Mar 14, 2021
Kennyking1234:
Baba unizik s the school am entering is it that bad?
Which department?
If it's Biochemistry think twice
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by luluosas(m): 9:09am On Mar 14, 2021
Think straight for once. There's nothing like depression, people create it themselves because they feel ashamed to take up challenge that stared them in the face, and opt for the cowardly route. Be wise.

Bouz:
No talk too much, if e reach you. u will be in severe shock.

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by AlhajiNatty(m): 9:09am On Mar 14, 2021
Life at the Den isn't for the faint in heart. During my days, I can't count the number of Lions who cimmitted suicide, especially at the Old abadoned theatre behind UBA and Fidelity Banks.
Guys living in Hilltop Gate can confirm there's no joy in the Den.
Rest in Peace man.

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Sailorsoldier1: 9:10am On Mar 14, 2021
Who will take that his blue watch now?
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Ddokie: 9:10am On Mar 14, 2021
Uyi168:
Pray u dont get depressed in the first place..

And stop making mouth..

There is no individual that doesn't get depressed at one point in time or the other. The difference is how we handle our depression.

If you allow it linger for too long, it becomes an issue too difficult for you to handle. I know someone who was a sickler, had HIV which he contacted through a blood transfusion,and hepatitis B at the same time. He felt terribly bad, but was able to move on with his life.

Godlessness is the greatest reason for lingering depression. A relationship with God brings hope, and hope is the greatest tool to fight depressing circumstances.

Anyone who does not believe in the omnipotence of God, and that he rules supreme in the affairs of men would find it very difficult to cope when he/she gets into a petrifying situation that he/she can't handle. But if you believe in God, and have a working relationship with him, you will learn to lean on him when you can't help yourself.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by luluosas(m): 9:11am On Mar 14, 2021
And you just confirmed that you are a suicide suspect. Someone should check on this guy please
Noerection:
I will rather kill myself than commit suicide
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by ShaqFu: 9:12am On Mar 14, 2021
"The down fall of a man is not the end of his life" So unfortunate what happened to this young man.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Uyi168: 9:12am On Mar 14, 2021
Ddokie:

There is no individual that doesn't get depressed at one point in time or the other. The difference is how we handle our depression.

If you allow it linger for too long, it becomes an issue too difficult for you to handle. I know someone who was a sickler, had HIV which he contacted through a blood transfusion,and hepatitis B at the same time. He felt terribly bad, but was able to move on with his life.

Godlessness is the greatest reason for lingering depression. A relationship with God brings hope, and hope is the greatest tool to fight depressing circumstances.
. K
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by luluosas(m): 9:13am On Mar 14, 2021
Ddokie:

Words in marble
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by mrmachine: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2021
paulemmy19:
He got it very wrong

And went to hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Picture Compilation Of Facts / Whatsapp Broadcast By The Spokeswoman Of Kaduna Teachers (NUT) / Unilorin Students Disrupt Lecturer's Class To Celebrate Nigeria's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.