Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,847 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall (42777 Views)

Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2021
mrmachine:

And went to hell
that we can't judge.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by nams77: 12:49pm On Mar 14, 2021
pozehnani:
Why? Is it to escape shame or what?

youth of today lack resillience big time.

It is a terrible shame! What kind of men are we breeding these days.

If these generation take in what our Fathers absorbed without coughing, they will all die one by one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 14, 2021
Depression is dam real.

Talk to someone, meet counselor
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by ipobarethieves: 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2021
sadNowadays students sad.Some of us wey graduated in the 90s face storm of life far than these but we still wriggled out .We face lecturers storm trekking,slept on empty stomach,sch fees palava,exam malpractice/u got caught,face panel, suspension/run up N down for possible connection to avert being suspend,some even Sidon for school pending Wen their wahala go elapsed and resume back to class,some go do labour work to survive yet we never killed ourselves.Go and check history and see how many pipu commit suicide in d 90s.With all these handout,sch fees threatened(no school fees no exam) ,some of us still grad.Lifebis rough,u face it not kill urself.Even thieves nor dey shame.U cheat in exam all,they either give u suspension/u fail that paper.
Johnaro:
You all should come to mapoly and experience what we are facing here then u will know it's not easy at all the way people say it's easy over here.... If any student commits suicide in mapoly then it's because of the frustration of the lecturer with assignments and textbook cuz without textbook u can't submit assignments or even write test
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Femeto: 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2021
Its more than the exam. Something else is involved.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by GideonOluwatobi(m): 12:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
effido666:
I'm I stupid, foolish or insane dat i wil foolishly take my own life ?........nothing......I mean nothing can ever make me kill myself by myself ......neverrrrrr !!!

Anything wein go bring depression avoid am because e no get cure!

Depression kills
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by charlesucheh(m): 1:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
Danm Nigarrrr......

As a Biochemistry Guru, Bobo was Mixing his own cocktail....

I've once thought of suicide, Make I no lie!

But I psychologically resolved it myself by evaluating that If God that gave me the life, has averted death from Me since I was born, then it means he has something planned out for me..

so, if my stubborn head carry me take my own life, wetin I go reach heaven come explain before I go hell fire!!!

people dey wey no wish to die, But God delete them without reasoning recycle bin,

then me wey death no smile with dey find am!

brothers! conclusively, SUICIDE is not an option !!! as humans we are born strategists! there's no situation bigger than our lives. Na who dey live dey fit chop! be careful and try to share your problems with people. ( check Emile Durkheim research thesis on suicide 1897).

Its well.......
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Henrycube(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
[color=#000099][/color] what is this country becoming, depression every here and there I think it's high time government find something to do about this country, last night a young man also took his life because he was in Dept. If we should come to look at Mba Daniel's case from my own preview this young man must have been going through something else and this incident paved way for him to have commit this evil act.... GOD ANY FORM OF DEPRESSION DANCING TOWARD ME BE DESTROYED IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Realfrankie(m): 1:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
longetivity:
He killed himself to avoid shame.

RIP MAN

Not really what you think bro

Shits happening in that school are not ordinary.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by RRodwave(m): 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
eedimo:

Bro your head good.
Respect to you

Thanks Bro
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by authority2006(m): 2:02pm On Mar 14, 2021
Bampeh:
It's so sad he took his life, people will blame him for malpractice etc.
Its very frustrating attending all these government owned universities, these their sadist lecturers will frustrate your life excluding the frustration of being a Nigerian. How do you expect him to cope?

Bampeh sympathies with his friends and families.

You are right, those useless govt owned universities (from the Senate to faculties, departments, individual lecturers) would set a timetable where students would be made to sit for three different papers of combined 11 units in a single day!
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by authority2006(m): 2:03pm On Mar 14, 2021
Bampeh:
It's so sad he took his life, people will blame him for malpractice etc.
Its very frustrating attending all these government owned universities, these their sadist lecturers will frustrate your life excluding the frustration of being a Nigerian. How do you expect him to cope?

Bampeh sympathies with his friends and families.

You are right, those useless govt owned universities (from the Senate to faculties, departments, individual lecturers) would set a timetable where students would be made to sit for three different papers of combined 11 units in a single day with the exception of OAU
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2021
He was in my faculty and I always admired his hair. Dude was a smartass although we never spoke.
I can't blame him cuz I never know what he was going through. Some of us have very strict parents that are all about "first class or nothing". Some of us have people looking up to us and so on
This semester alone was hell....
Exams back to back even had to write PPT twice a day with just little space in between to cram loads of materials and meet questions that would shock u to ur bone marrow as if u did not read at all.
God help every UNN student...

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by pozehnani(f): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
nams77:

It is a terrible shame! What kind of men are we breeding these days.

If these generation take in what our Fathers absorbed without coughing, they will all die one by one

I'm telling you.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by RRodwave(m): 2:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
martinogeenz:

Yea especially when you are enjoying your life,
But some people are not enjoying their life they are just trying to, but its not working

There are some people wey don suffer the highest level of depression yet dem no kill themselves
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by chinedumoooo: 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Too vulnerable.
Too dependent.
Wasted scared resources from guidance.
Shameless spirit of mmanipulation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by GiftedTitty: 2:34pm On Mar 14, 2021
I don't think its the examination malpractice. Some other things might have been going wrong in his life and that might be the last straw that broke the camels back.
Such a pity RIP. Sometimes I just thank God that I'm emotionally strong or i would have done this thing a long time ago.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by GiftedTitty: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
RRodwave:

There are some people wey don suffer the highest level of depression yet dem no kill themselves

Every one was born and bred differently, some get support others dont. So judge not. Im not supporting suicide, but there is more to life than what you hear or see written in papers.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by kmaster007: 2:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
effido666:
I'm I stupid, foolish or insane dat i wil foolishly take my own life ?........nothing......I mean nothing can ever make me kill myself by myself ......neverrrrrr !!!
just pray dat village people no get Ur time...
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by successtutor(m): 2:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nothing should make a real man take his life.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
This is what humans have brought on themselves. Not everyone has the ability for higher education.
This guy might have been a very talented person in other areas like music, Art, Sports or some other things. But his parents had wanted him to have University education by all means. What if he had focused on his talents instead or learned a trade. He wouldn't have needed to do any exams talkless of cheating.

It's sad his soul can't rest in peace.
Suicide don't bring peace after death.

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by samuel1986(m): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2021
No be the boy fault, na him parents dey train for school. Na dem dey send money give an make him buy clothes, pay hostel and school fees. Even to buy text books and handouts.
If to say na him de hustle get money take train himself like we did. No amount of depression say dem seize phone for exam hall and to avoid shame. wey for make him commit suicide. Make him go rest for hell fire.
He wanted to avoid shame but now he has fame.
Stupid silly weak boy. Just wasted him parents resources. Money wey him papa for take train one of the poor serious person for they village.
Nonsense
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by mechanics(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2021
It's either he will be taken to the exam malpractice committee and he will be handed maybe two semester suspension, but he couldn't cope with what will await him at the end of the investigation, he made the wrong choice of his life.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by damzy88: 3:40pm On Mar 14, 2021
floss:
University of Nigeria is among the toughest place on earth one can go to for higher learning and I won't encourage anyone that haven't been there to try... speaking from experience,I graduated from there.... everything is in extreme and weird, the rate at which students study for exam, quiz, test is weird and far from normal,every corner is use for night class students desert their hostels, lodges and start living in their different classes all because of making first class, even to the point that the less serious student is forced to study even if you planned to cheat during exam, you will still study your materials.. The department you are in doesn't send or look at your face, very strict to the core.
Any student you see that made first class from UNN doesn't have a social life and they are mostly idealist. All through the year the weather conditions are not favorable for learning, extremely cold and extremely hot.
You will be made to understand that you are not serious even when it's glaring you are trying your best because you will find things more difficult the harder you try.
Ladies in UNN think like men, what ever a guy feels he knows or can do they believe they are equal to the task, if you are not extremely intelligent as a guy in the pure sciences departments don't dream of wooing any lady because it won't work or else she loves you first.... Social life in UNN is not encouraging, 70% of students follow this routine daily; Hostel to Class, Class to Fellowship, Fellowship back to hostel.
If you challenge a lecturer by trying to prove to him you know more than him or her during lectures, just know that you have rented an apartment in that course, you will never graduate.
When ever UNN denies you an admission just know you won't fit in, and you can't absorb the pressure that will come later... because the same way you prepared for PUME is the same way you will be preparing for normal departmental exams.

Being intelligent and also being smart won't save you in UNN, you must have good character (in Character and learning)

The reason students commits suicide apart from spiritual forces is BEING IN THE WRONG DEPARTMENT, it will make you to continue struggling, you might be intelligent but also struggling to catch up. Many students find themselves in the wrong department due to peer pressure, family advice, ignorance, desperate to gain admission. You know you don't have passion for Pharmacy you're not good in chemistry and you're in faculty of pharmacy, you will never enjoy school. Some students might be good with solving calculus, equations, etc. instead of going for engineering courses they will go and apply to study political science...
UNN doesn't forgive errors made by students..it's a pressure cooker.
All these are common in most first generation universities. This is not new. I can tell you there are people in worse situation that have not committed suicide. Peace!
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by niyidenrele: 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
pozehnani:
Why? Is it to escape shame or what?

The youth of today lack resillience, big time.

The effects of jumping classes in life , of we should check well , to all due respect to the departed soul ,.. most of them are products of fast lane in life , parents doing everything possible to make sure , their wards , get educated in a very fast lane , graduate innno time , will adversely affected the development of their medulla oblongata
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by ofiko123(m): 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2021
RIP to the dead..
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by pozehnani(f): 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2021
niyidenrele:

The effects of jumping classes in life , of we should check well , to all due respect to the departed soul ,.. most of them are products of fast lane in life , parents doing everything possible to make sure , their wards , get educated in a very fast lane , graduate innno time , will adversely affected the development of their medulla oblongata

Exactly my thoughts.
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by VTJN(m): 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2021
Quality20:
university filled with igbos both as levturers n students being called University of Nigeria! Dont worry by d time Kanu comes with biafra, he gonna change it to biafra university
Lol, you be comedian
Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by VTJN(m): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2021
CheedyJ:
So sad.. I will never blame anyone who commits suicide but I will never take mine sha .. I no fit help death do him work oo... rip young blood..
Exactly, we don't have to apportioned blame on suicidal victims

1 Like

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by VTJN(m): 4:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Uyi168:
Pray u dont get depressed in the first place..

And stop making mouth..
Don't mind them, I can never apportion blame to any suicidal victims. Also,i pray for God's grace over my Life.

DEPRESSION IS FVCKING REAL

2 Likes

Re: Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall by VTJN(m): 4:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kaypeeboss:

Nigga is a fool,big one, no reason to take your life,I am indebted,debt that runs into Millions, but I have not and ll not kill myself,I only ran away to one of the states in the south west.where I am trying to gather life together,the joy of sleeping and waking up is sweeter than anything,I studied structural engineering that was very difficult and Rose from a cgpa of 3.2607 to a graduating CGPA of 4.3875 , I had missing results that lasted for more than 2 academic years,yet I didn't give up,I still believe God has plans,the reason I have not visited enugu for money making rituals or visit the mermaid at river ise! The young chap just gave the devil a chance in his life, RIP young dude:never allow the pressure of life make you commit suicide, take note of this post,I ll be a strong force to reckon with in Nigeria politics, business Industry and the corridors of power
you're a real MAN, I sincerely envy your courage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 / Picture Compilation Of Facts / Direct Entry Courses For SLT (science Lab Tech)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.