Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Are All Sins Equal? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are All Sins Equal? (9006 Views)

All Sins Are Not Equal. / Are Sins Equal Or Not? / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by PlainSight(m): 11:55am On Mar 21, 2021
House1411:

masturbating is not a sin.... other mamals engage in this form of act
but the Holy Bible says we must never defile our bodies cos it is a Holy dwelling place
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2021
Agwadi:
Read your bible and be woke.....all sinners go to hell.

stop asking lame questions pls angry

So, what did Apostle John mean by "there is a sin that leads unto death, and there is a sin that doesn't lead into death".

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Tyriq: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lamasta:

What is your argument
Your first statement is wrong and misleading.. God answers prayers whether you are a sinner or not, as you rightly said in your 2nd comment.. He blesses who he please not because of their righteousness or holiness but because he pleases..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Goldenfinger: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
kenzysmith:
All sin can never be equal in the sight of God if all sin na equal make I go dey do ritual now cause I no feel use just lying enter hell where people dey kill millions of people they the same hell.

EXAMPLE

Collins: what sent you to hell?
Ovie: I told lies
Collins: chai because of common lies lol me I use like 30 people do ritual I rape 50 women.

Ovie: really if I know I for use my friend do ritual o
Collins:That your sister wey she lost that year na me use am for ritual i Bleep lot of oloshos drive gwagons and range rover sport travel around the world i enjoy life to the fullest so i deserve what am getting here even your sister i killed she is still at the same hell with us next time u come life sin finish.

I hope I have explained some people mind and the op curosity. abeg o i know say make una sin o just an illustrateration
grin
.werey�
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by grandee4u(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
All wrong doing is a sin (Transgression) but there's a sin not unto death (Eternal Condemnation...CF 1 John 5:17.
The reason why we don't highlight this verse often is because we have so many amateurs when it comes to theological reasoning so that they won't Keep sinning while believing that it doesn't lead to Death. You need insight under the guidance of the Holy Spirit to Understand Holy Scriptures....is not a novel or fiction

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Lamasta(m): 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
Tyriq:

Your first statement is wrong and misleading.. God answers prayers whether you are a sinner or not, as you rightly said in your 2nd comment.. He blesses who he please not because of their righteousness or holiness but because he pleases..

If I regard wickedness in my heart,

The Lord will not hear.

Psalm 66:18

The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous,

And His ears attend to their prayer,

But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.

1 Peter 3:12).

Isaiah 59:1-2
King James Version

1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Tyriq: 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lamasta:

If I regard wickedness in my heart,

The Lord will not hear.

Psalm 66:18

The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous,

And His ears attend to their prayer,

But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.

1 Peter 3:12).

Isaiah 59:1-2
King James Version

1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
A quick question : do you regard King Solomon and king David holy men?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Agwadi: 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

So, what did Apostle John mean by "there is a sin that leads unto death, and there is a sin that doesn't lead into death".
Because the same bible said: for the wages of sin is death
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Polynek(m): 12:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
Opinion is like a nose everybody get His/Her own
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sin is any act against divine law (God's law). A liar is a sinner, A ritualist is also a sinner. The wages of sin is death.( There are over a million ways a man can die) But it is still death.(regardless of how you dead).
To answer the op's very question all sins will attract penalties.
For example me and my friend stole something we was caught i lied my way of the situation, my friend confessed and told the truth. Okay we are still going to be charged off course ( please keep in mind that jesus that for our sins, but let's come back to this).
Though a man can't die twice. My death will be more sophisticated than my friend's.
Romans chapter 14 vs 12 says something about accounting for your deeds
But its like going backwards if we are deliberating on sins being equal or not. Jesus did die for our sin. We are saved from sudden death. Live and be more like Jesus so the tribulations to come will pass over you.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Papparassi: 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
Yes, but solomon fell and became idol worshipper.

David was Holy even though he fell for Bersheba, he repanted of that sin.

Tyriq:

A quick question : do you regard King Solomon and king David holy men?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by kingxsamz(m): 1:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
Lol, Killing 1million babies has the same punishment as telling a little lie. Christian doctrine is funny, lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Waterlrd: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Nope! A sin against the Holy Spirit has no forgiveness!!
This means the holy spirits does respect the ethic of forgiveness in the bible. If they don't forgive, it means they are not the christian holy spirit which implies they aren't holy.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by sonofthunder: 1:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
House1411:

Other mammals sleep on the forest floor in thick bushes and on branches of trees. I guess we don't need to ask where you'll be sleeping from now as you want us to start behaving like animals.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 1:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jetland:

And what's that sin against the Holy Spirit?

Do you believe in the bible? Cause if you dont it may not make sense to you.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
nebeolisa:
all sins are not equal
e.g
Punching someone in hatred is a “little sin” compared to murdering someone in hatred.

You are right. While a sin is a sin ,it still have different degrees to it.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
SweetDipBenny:
Wat if u steal frm ur parents or scam them small
Stealing is a sin, same as scamming.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Innobee99:
Throw more light on biblical punishment please. U can get killed in Nigeria even with the least crime while those with bigger crimes go Scot free

Which part please?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
ekevwe:

All other sins are equal but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable hence it's not equal to other sins

I agree with the part of your sentence.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by SouthSouth1914: 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
Waterlrd:
This means the holy spirits does respect the ethic of forgiveness in the bible. If they don't forgive, it means they are not the christian holy spirit which implies they aren't holy.

This is your own definition! If you have a clear understanding of what the Bible says and teaches you will understand.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Duplexxx: 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
Is rapping a sin?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by xammax(m): 1:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
The same God that said thou shall not steal also said thou shall not kill. If you steal, you’ve committed a sin likewise if you kill someone.

No sin is greater than another. Sin is sin, Shalom.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by APOSTLECHUMA: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
Matthew 5-22 "who so ever is angry wijh his brother without a cause, or shall say thou fool or raca shall be in danger of hell fire. The teaching about small and big sin like the teaching about pulgatory which nagates every truth in the bible is from the pit of hell and are a licence to comit adultery etc. Repent now b4 u cross into eternity and regret 4ever.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by PointZerom: 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
SouthSouth1914:
Nope! A sin against the Holy Spirit has no forgiveness!!

How?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by DMCY: 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
needanswer:

Sin is sin. Some may carry grave penalties though, while others may carry little penalties. Eg someone that steals and is caught can go to PRISON and if he is ARMED he may even be EXECUTED based on NIGERIAN LAW.

Fornication may not carry such penalties but it's still a sin.

Sinning against the HOLY SPIRIT is an UNFORGIVABLE SIN according to the BIBLE.

You contradicted yourself already, Sin is Sin accepted. Which one is some sins carry grave penalties bayii?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
DMCY:

You contradicted yourself already, Sin is Sin accepted. Which one is some sins carry grave penalties bayii?

Is like saying food is food but some foods are sweeter than others. Do you get it now?

You can have superlatives in a particular thing.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Stanleyq: 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
House1411:

u may be a member of Christ embassy, let me tell u, its not tagging it not sin will make God say, OK, not sin, repent or perish.truth is bitter
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by DMCY: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
needanswer:

Is like saying food is food but some foods are sweeter than others. Do you get it now?

You can have superlatives in a particular thing.

Ok
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Sniper101(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
all sins and offenses are never termed as "equal" in the eyes of God nor in the eyes of the Law.

read your Bible carefully about the events that led to the utter destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, then you'll understand how and why I came to the summation above.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by ScamHunter: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
Nicenancy:
Are stealing and armed armed robbery equal

How about masturbating and gay

Fornication and adultery

Thank you

Sin is sin. However, even the old and New testaments show that some sins lead to death while some do not.

In the old testament, some sins such as a girl having sex before marriage, murder, and sometimes, manslaughter results in the offender being put to death. Also, idolatry and witchcraft carry death sentences.

Sins such as having your cattle destroy another's farmland demands compensation.

The new testament says there are sins that lead to death and clearly lists things like greed, adultery, fornication and the like, saying that those that live like that shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

However, we can be sure from the teaching of Jesus that sin leads to hell when a man dies if those sins are not forgiven through repentance and cleansing by the blood of Jesus.

For example, both Jesus and Paul taught about forgiving those who sin against us. Jesus said that before you give God anything, that you should be reconciled with your brother. He also said that if we do not forgive those who sin against us that our Father in heaven will not forgive our own sins. This means that all sins are not equal. But that doesn't mean that we should condone sin in our lives because sin leads to eternal death.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by TheArrowhead(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2021
Nicenancy:
Are stealing and armed armed robbery equal

How about masturbating and gay

Fornication and adultery

Thank you

The simple answer is No!
The Torah(Pentateuch) distinguishes between lesser sins and weightier sins
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
needanswer:

Stealing is a sin, same as scamming.
Ofcus i know is a sin but d question is
Are all sins equal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are You Thanking For As 2022 Is Coming To An End? / Handy Prayer Points / Some Occultic Signs And Symbols We Use,wear E.t.c

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.