Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Are All Sins Equal? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are All Sins Equal? (9003 Views)

All Sins Are Not Equal. / Are Sins Equal Or Not? / Not All Sins Are Equal, Some Are Greater Than Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by silibaba: 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2021
sin against the Holy Spirit (fornication, adultery etc) can never be forgiven. therefore no one will see God. everyone will hang on heaven gate grin
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
silibaba:
sin against the Holy Spirit (fornication, adultery etc) can never be forgiven. therefore no one will see God. everyone will hang on heaven gate grin
There is such thing as fornication, adultery against the Holy Spirit. undecided

That said, fornication, and other sexual sins, are not listed as a sin in the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, instead what is sin is the Lust in your heart.

Matthew 5 vs 27-30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
27. “You have heard that it was said, ‘You must not commit adultery.’[e]
28. But I tell you that if a man looks at a woman and wants to sin sexually with her, he has already committed that sin with her in his mind.
29. If your right eye makes you sin, take it out and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than to have your whole body thrown into hell.
30. If your right hand makes you sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Also, as far as Adultery is concerned, it is a sin committed as a result of divorcing for the wrong reason.

Matthew 19 vs 8-9 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Jesus answered, “Moses allowed you to divorce your wives because you refused to accept God’s teaching. But divorce was not allowed in the beginning.
9. I tell you that whoever divorces his wife, except for the problem of sexual sin, and marries another woman is guilty of adultery.”
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
SweetDipBenny:

Ofcus i know is a sin but d question is
Are all sins equal

No, all sins are not equal. Even human law, different sins have different jail time.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by witworth(m): 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2021
Anyone who says sins are not equal, must be specific about before who, God or man, coz the way I see things now, not all sins are crime but all crimes are sins before God, because even their so called holy Bible self says, "obey the laws of the land" and so any law that is not obeyed is a crime and demands proper consequences and panalty of the law, all still before man.
But to God all sins should be the same, and the only penalty is what I don't know coz me I don't believe in heaven, hell and all those imaginary stuffs, but all sins should be sin. Sorry am not a christian, I only mentioned stuffs about the bible because of just knowledge from past existance of experience.
And I believe in God even without being a christian or muslim.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by redcliff: 6:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
tayooluwole:

How does this fair to you? Somebody that kill a whole family in a cold blood,,,somebody that goes to bank and kill everybody there,,,somebody that hack a fellow man to death for rituals,,, somebody that cut off your troat to pls his religion,,, you mean these people will go to the same hell with somebody that lies simply to put food on his table... If this is the way of God then i must say the God is not a merciful and God of fairness

You would be shocked the things that happen that we do not know about. like i said, there would be levels to suffering in hell. Imagine a fornicator, if its a woman, snakes or dragons could be entering her privates and biting her there for eternity over and over again, or worms would just be coming out from there forever and ever. Where our thinking stop, God own never even dey start from there. Things are happening in the world beyond!
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by redcliff: 6:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bmaster:
you lied.
Every soul that sinneth must die,and he'll has no compartments as you said,
Otherwise show me biblical proofs

The suffering would be different. take it or leave it.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by redcliff: 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bmaster:
you lied.
Every soul that sinneth must die,and he'll has no compartments as you said,
Otherwise show me biblical proofs
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Charles4000(m): 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mpanyi:

Lie still. God must be a wicked judge if so. It just depends on the sin. Please read 1 John 5:16. All sins are not equal and don't lead to the same punishments. Even a year old know naturally it's so
brother in the eye of man...all sin might not be equal...but in God's eye sin are equal... and all sinners who as choose not to repeat will go to same hell.... read (James 2:10) bro.....
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Charles4000(m): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
needanswer:

No, all sins are not equal. Even human law, different sins have different jail time.
are you saying in God's eye.. all sins are not equal??
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Mpanyi: 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Charles4000:
brother in the eye of man...all sin might not be equal...but in God's eye sin are equal... and all sinners who as choose not to repeat will go to same hell.... read (James 2:10) bro.....

My dear I am telling you what's in the Bible but you seemed to ignore it for whatever reason. I have nothing to gain by sticking to what is not true. If you believe that this God that is wisdom himself will give the same punishment to somebody that stole Dangote 10 naira and another person that killed 1000 persons, it then means that there is no justice with that your God. That even human justice system is better than his. However I thank God that God is justice himself. Also the quotation you gave has nothing to do with this discussion. Read Matthew 12: 31 & 32. All sin is sin but sins are not equal. Good night.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Charles4000(m): 9:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mpanyi:

My dear I am telling you what's in the Bible but you seemed to ignore it for whatever reason. I have nothing to gain by sticking to what is not true. If you believe that this God that is wisdom himself will give the same punishment to somebody that stole Dangote 10 naira and another person that killed 1000 persons, it then means that there is no justice with that your God. That even human justice system is better than his. However I thank God that God is justice himself. Also the quotation you gave has nothing to do with this discussion. Read Matthew 12: 31 & 32. All sin is sin but sins are not equal. Good night.
Good night...i have to make more research on this... with pastors too....
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by needanswer: 10:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Charles4000:
are you saying in God's eye.. all sins are not equal??

Yes! And they carry different punishment but ultimately sin is sin and it's bad.

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Chuksbobb: 12:40am On Mar 22, 2021
Charles4000:
yes all sins are equal...1 sin and 2000 sins are the same...

Just look at the rubbish you just wrote�
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Chuksbobb: 12:44am On Mar 22, 2021
Charles4000:
Good night...i have to make more research on this... with pastors too....

With pastor or with bible. This is why they always deceive you ppl

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by DeRichard(m): 8:41am On Mar 22, 2021
House1411:

masturbating is not a sin.... other mamals engage in this form of act

It's a sin.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by DeRichard(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2021
Nicenancy:
Are stealing and armed armed robbery equal

How about masturbating and gay

Fornication and adultery

Thank you

If you tell a small lie and if you bomb millions of people, both will not allow one enter heaven at the end of the world.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Image123(m): 1:58pm On Mar 22, 2021
kingxsamz:
Lol, Killing 1million babies has the same punishment as telling a little lie. Christian doctrine is funny, lol. grin

Ignorance as usual.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Mpanyi: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ignore
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Image123(m): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mpanyi:

Not Christian doctrine my dear. Christian doctrine or whatever is clear on cases like this. It's even irritating to attribute such perversion of justice to Christianity.

Some so called Christians are plain stu*id and can't reason unless their pastors reason for them. Of course the pastors will always tell them what will make them stick to them the pastors even in the face of facts.

Do you know that i don't understand all you just said in relation to what i said?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Mpanyi: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
DeRichard:

If you tell a small lie and if you bomb millions of people, both will not allow one enter heaven at the end of the world.

Please don't invite God's anger in your life by saying what obviously God didn't say anywhere. What you are not sure of, don't say.
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
All sins are equal before God with the exception of just one type of sin, would you like to know? smiley

Nicenancy:

Are stealing and armed armed robbery equal
How about masturbating and gay
Fornication and adultery
Thank you
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Mpanyi: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

Do you know that i don't understand all you just said in relation to what i said?

Ignore

2 Likes

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by DeRichard(m): 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mpanyi:

Please don't invite God's anger in your life by saying what obviously God didn't say anywhere. What you are not sure of, don't say.

So what's your point?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by FirmTR(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
Lamasta:

That is why we need the mercies of God every day cos they are new every morning great is his faithfulness...Lam 3:22-23

That means when you ask for mercy, you fit pray to God and He go answer
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On Mar 23, 2021
FirmTR:

That means God nor dey answer any prayers be that oo, because all are sinners
Not all are sinners though. Only those who continue to live as slaves to sin are sinners.
Those who have been chosen to learn and obey the Truth have been set free from Sin by the Truth and are free in deed. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Lamasta(m): 7:09am On Mar 23, 2021
FirmTR:

That means when you ask for mercy, you fit pray to God and He go answer

When you pray the prayer of forgiveness and plead for mercy our God is a compassionate God he will hear your prayers....

2nd Chromicles 7:14 says if my people that are called by my name shall humble themself and pray then I will hear their prayer and heal their land

1 Like

Re: Are All Sins Equal? by benodic: 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
SIN = Self Inflicted Nuisance
Whatever you sow you reap.
Action and reaction equal and opposite
Figure it out
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by FirmTR(m): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Not all are sinners though. Only those who continue to live as slaves to sin are sinners.
Those who have been chosen to learn and obey the Truth have been set free from Sin by the Truth and are free in deed. undecided

I agree with you to some extent
We dey only strive to live sin free life, but in one way or the other we dey commit sin unknowingly to us
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Mar 23, 2021
FirmTR:

I agree with you to some extent
We dey only strive to live sin free life, but in one way or the other we dey commit sin unknowingly to us
You strive probably because you do not know the truth.

Here are some questions for you to ponder.

What is sin? undecided
Who defines for us what sin is? undecided
Where do I find the definition given of what constitutes sin? undecided
What does the one who provided this definition say I must do in order not to be found guilty? undecided
What next? undecided
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by FirmTR(m): 2:29pm On Mar 23, 2021
Lamasta:

When you pray the prayer of forgiveness and plead for mercy our God is a compassionate God he will hear your prayers....

2nd Chromicles 7:14 says if my people that are called by my name shall humble themself and pray then I will hear their prayer and heal their land

Irrespective of the kind or the number of times one commits sin?
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by FirmTR(m): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You strive probably because you do not know the truth.

Here are some questions for you to ponder.

What is sin? undecided
Who defines for us what sin is? undecided
Where do I find the definition given of what constitutes sin? undecided
What does the one who provided this definition say I must do in order not to be found guilty? undecided
What next? undecided

Paul said "For I do not do what I want , but I do the very thing I hate.."
That means he had the knowledge of good and bad (truth)
It takes the spirit of God to live above sin
Re: Are All Sins Equal? by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2021
FirmTR:
Paul said "For I do not do what I want , but I do the very thing I hate.."
That means he had the knowledge of good and bad (truth)
It takes the spirit of God to live above sin
Having knowledge of good and bad is not Truth as I used it in my post, and it is certainly not the Truth that Jesus Christ was referring to. And according to Jesus Christ, you first need to take the steps towards living above sin before the Spirit of God then comes in to lift you higher above sin.
When Jesus Christ was speaking to the Jews who were sinners, this is what He said...

John 8 vs 31-47
31. So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32. You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33. They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34. Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35. A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36. So if the Son makes you free, you are really free.
Note that nowhere in that conversation does Jesus Christ state that you must have the Holy Spirit first if you want to accept and obey His teachings - In fact, the Spirit of God is not mentioned at all in that conversation Jesus Christ has with the people. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Story Of Joseph And His Coat Of Many Colors / Do Prayers Actually Work? Be Realistic With Your Response And No Insult, Please! / Nairaland 2013 Watch-Night Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.