Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC (25337 Views)

Kidnapping In Enugu Communities On The Rise As Residents Vacate Their Homes(Pix) / Fulanis Chase 1,000 Tivs From Their Homes In Taraba (Video) / Hate Speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Homes – Islamic Group Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by OBALOLA55(m): 7:36am On Mar 15, 2021
The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has appealed to authors of hate speech and fake news to rewind, soften up and show remorse. The group argued that deradicalisation is necessary in order to douse tension in the country and avoid nationwide pogrom. MURIC fingered prominent pastors and opposition politicians among those behind hate speech. The group blamed some media houses and irresponsible social media activists for fake news.

The appeal was made on Monday, 15th March, 2021 by the director of MURIC, Professor Ishaq Akintola.

The statement read:

“The world holds its breath as Nigeria passes through difficult times. Hate speeches and fake news fly around at the speed of light. Already, fiery, combustible and inflammatory speeches have led to the killing of Muslims and Northerners in some parts of the South East and South West.

“Many Muslims of Igbo extraction have fled their homes to safer places after receiving death threats from fellow Igbos for daring to convert to Islam. Several mosques located in the South East have been set on fire. Yet all these began after the commencement of hate speech and fake news just about four years ago.

“Unfortunately, the Federal Government’s (FG) attempt to bring the situation under control was rebuffed by those behind the plot to destabilize Nigeria. They killed the hate speech bill and gave unbridled license to the spread of fake news. Among the most active authors of hate speech were prominent pastors and opposition politicians and the latter played a major role in the rejection of the hate speech bill in the last National Assembly (NASS). Besides, some media houses and irresponsible social media activists were behind the spread of fake news.

“We observe that the present state of insecurity in the country is due mainly to abject poverty in the North and hate speeches in the South. MURIC is closely monitoring the situation particularly regarding hate speeches and fake news. Our archives are full of audio and video clips of hate speeches of popular pastors and prominent politicians. Every single evidence has been syndicated with instructions to act on them at the appropriate time.

“This will ensure that all those who have incited their people against others will be made to pay for their crimes unless they retrace their steps. It is not too late to do that. Authors of hate speech know themselves because the audio and video clips went viral and they also received copies. We therefore advise these people to begin a process of deradicalisation. It is time to rewind, soften up and show remorse. Load your sermons and speeches with messages of love for humanity and the need for Nigerians to forgive one another.”

https://ishaqakintola..com/2021/03/authors-of-hate-speech-must.html?spref=tw&m=1

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by OBALOLA55(m): 7:38am On Mar 15, 2021
SEUN OAM4J LALASTICLALA MYND44 DOMINIQUE THE BRAND OF WEED THIS TAQIYYA LEADER IS SMOKING IS VERY STRONG O shocked

125 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by docdes: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2021
USE WHAT YOU HAVE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT: An Address To Educated Nigerian Christians

After reading an article by the erudite blogger W. F. Heaven titled 'The Parable Of The Unwary Genius', I have come to the conclusion that the problem with Nigeria is MAINLY with the Western-educated population, especially down south. I urge every educated Nigerian to Google and read that very eye-opening title.

In Nigeria, we think that education is all about speaking English. But education is about solving problems. Our wrong understanding of education is the reason why supposed illiterates likes Buhari, MACBAN, Shekau, Ishaq Akintola, etc are holding us to ransom while we are only speaking English and complaining.

Let knowledge be power also in Nigeria. Just look at this: Among the most Muslim dominated towns in the South-East are Nsukka and Afikpo. Last year, this pregnant woman pictured here was murdered in cold blood by Fulaniherders in Afikpo together with her husband after tying up her husband and raping the woman before him!

That's just ONE out of many atrocities being committed by Muslim Fulani people against other Nigerians. When they happen, MURIC is always silent. But when we complain, they call it hate speech or fake news. So, for those who can see, these guys know what they are doing. So open your eyes and see clearly now before it's too late. Thank you.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Jostoman: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2021
This one don come back from his rehabilitation center and yet no change.

158 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Nuelito: 7:41am On Mar 15, 2021
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by OBALOLA55(m): 7:42am On Mar 15, 2021
ALHAJI JULIUSMALEMA AND OJIOFOR LETS HAVE YA TAKE ON THIS MATTER undecided

7 Likes

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by mayklef(m): 7:43am On Mar 15, 2021
The way and manner this Yabaleft patient go just open mouth waaaaa dy cap nonsense sha

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by OBALOLA55(m): 7:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Nuelito:
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind first
THE MAN DON SET YORUBA LAND ON FIRE NOW, NA IGBO LAND THE CALIPHATE TELL AM MAKE HE FACE NOW grin

ISHAQ AKINTOLA SEUNMSG GBAGURA AKA AMBALIJ THATFAIRGUY TINUBU OSHIGUN GOKE7 LEGENDHERO AND ARE ALL WORKING FOR THE ACTUALIZATION OF CALIPHATE IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA, THAT IS THE SOLE REASON THEY ARE CLAMORING FOR ONE INDIVISIBLE HELL-HOLE CALLED NIGGAR-AREA

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 15, 2021
Whoa so this man get shame talk about Igbo

I hope he joins the next batch D stream 2 of evacuees going to cotonu

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by OBALOLA55(m): 8:47am On Mar 15, 2021
LALASTICLALA
Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by November1857(m): 9:00am On Mar 15, 2021
Typical Chief of all Yoruba Muslim !

61 Likes

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by slawormiir: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by vengertime: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2021
This moroon has divided Yorubas with Muslim and Christian fight.

I have a Yoruba friend in Ijesha Surulere (Mustapha) his father is a Muslim and his mom is a Christian and I've stayed in same compound with this family for over 20 years without any fight or noise about religion.and in my street they're so many of such families.

I wonder how they're all faring now that Buhari and Muric have proven that we should hate each other.

Muric new mission is to bring enemity within the Igbos. Since I was born I have never seen an Igbo Muslim before. I will like to see or meet one, so that I can ask him WHY?

124 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2021
Many Muslims of Igbo extraction have fled their homes to safer places after receiving death threats from fellow Igbos for daring to convert to Islam. Several mosques located in the South East have been set on fire. Yet all these began after the commencement of hate speech and fake news just about four years ago.

Unfortunately, the Federal Government’s (FG) attempt to bring the situation under control was rebuffed by those behind the plot to destabilize Nigeria
Anyone from any tribe should be allowed to practice whatever religion they so desire, Christianity, Islam, Traditionalist etc.
Why burn down their place of worship?
Is all that necessary if it is not trouble they are looking for.

There is a fine line between free speech and hate speech,
Free speech encourages debates whereas hate speech incites violence.

We Rise!

gidgiddy:
Igbo Muslim? This man must be high
stanluiz:
Which imaginary Igbo Muslims Nothing person no go see for this country.
onuman:
Igbo land has no true Moslem.

Any Igbo Moslem - they are less than 0.000001% of Igbo population - is a fake Moslem who must have become Moslem because of coercion or financial inducements.
MURIC, stop sniffing...
tito44:
Nothing like igbo muslims. It's just a figment of MUMURIC's imagination
NORSYK:
There's nothing like Igbo Muslims.
putin2:
There is nothing as such there is no Igbo Muslim okay.
GeneviveHuby:
Nothing like Igbo Muslim. Igbos are 1000% Christian.
Finnese001:
Any Igbo man that said he is a Muslim is on a mission
So Bleep off

Illiteracy is not a disease, it's something worse.

Dem MANNA, keep hitting them with the bitter truth on a daily basis.
Truth is not bitter, People are only bitter to the truth.

Gireiboy:
100% Christian and few traditionalist hmm!!! you see that is the reason why you guys will always be subservient to us Hausa-Fulani. [s]You guys are dumb(of course the dumbest person in the room will always he is the smartest) [/s] you guys are the worst set of human beings in the country, that is the reason why even God is not on your side. Irredeemable fools denying their kins because of religious difference, continue living in denial. Honestly speaking, we want you guys to continue behaving that way; it makes you gullible and vulnerable to our deception (Deception is a develop art of civilizations and the most potent weapon in the game of power).hahahaha!
This is deep mehn!
Bitter Truth!

valentineuwakwe:

u knw am saying the truth....do igbos love themselves generally? how do an Anambra man see an ebonyi state man? well I 'll never be in the Bush fighting, hungry n starving while someone campaigns for the Biafran cause around the World living large, pretending to be seeking for peace or dialogue...biko ooo
Hmmmmmmm

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by lastempero: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2021
We dont need home grown terrorists in south east, they can go elsewhere and practice tongue

Look at how they bartered the north with religion intolerance.

2 Likes

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Olukat(m): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2021
...and those fleeing to Benin Republic nkor grin grin
You won't say anything against your terrorist organization
This man needs medical evaluation

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Drifty: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2021
this supposed to mean what exactly

2 Likes

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by NORSYK(m): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2021
There's nothing like Igbo Muslims.
This bloody terrorist should stay clear of Igbo matters

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Nigeriabiafra82: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2021
Muric madness should end in south west if he enters east na lynching and beating e go receive

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Onyi22(f): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2021
I don't understand
Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by aLott: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2021
Drifty:
this supposed to mean what exactly

I don't understand either.

____

LIMITED TIME DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer below to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263088_get01_jpeg244697957fd2ba75d65b1ca5c1b7fa09

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263092_marr01_jpeg76110f727b4c2b1a435bfd5533a37bf3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263090_aa01_jpegd02f1f05ba2ae046ce617eb0204cc519

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13263094_of_jpegbff4bac45bc461931b269c5bb272f34b

4 Likes

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by SmartPolician: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2021
This man wants to drag the Igbos into his madness.

Igbo Muslims ko, Yoruba buhdists ni
grin

He should be more worried about the ugly events unfolding in South West.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Muhylonaire007: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2021
Mumuric on the beat

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Olabesty: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2021
It is well
Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by tito44: 9:02am On Mar 15, 2021
Nothing like igbo muslims. It's just a figment of MUMURIC's imagination

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by potent5(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2021
Yeye talk.

Stoopeeed eeediot mumuricky

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by FalseProphet1(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2021
I see this man running mad before June. This I have seen.

20 Likes

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by onuman: 9:03am On Mar 15, 2021
Igbo land has no true Moslem.

Any Igbo Moslem - they are less than 0.000001% of Igbo population - is a fake Moslem who must have become Moslem because of coercion or financial inducements.
MURIC, stop sniffing...

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hate speech: Igbo Muslims Fleeing Their Homes - MURIC by Racoon(m): 9:03am On Mar 15, 2021
What about the northern Christians that are constantly on the run because of persecution by their intolerant brethren back home?

What have MURIC ever done about that? Why is the obsession about the so called Igbo muslims issue? And have MURIC ever condemn the wicked activities of BH terrorists? See the useless issues this terrorist is always obsessed with?

45 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tegina School Abduction: Strange Behaviours Of Released Pupils Worry Parents / U-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e!!! Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man / Buhari yet to appoint Chief of Staff — Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.