Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,221 members, 7,860,408 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:36 AM

Nigerian (igbo) & African American - Culture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian (igbo) & African American (114873 Views)

UK Expats Learn Nigerian (Igbo) Culture For Husbands' Sake / Ghanaian (Ashanti) Dating Nigerian (Igbo) / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lol at Blacks can't be racist of other Blacks. grin grin grin

Buhahahahahha. Niggerians!
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
I wasn't just alluding to Bahia despite their non-existence in most of South America. If I were you, I won't allude to "intelligence" because most of the supposed "intelligent" slaves were used as house slaves and they were mostly Nagoes and Mandinka.

Anyway, the slaves were mostly used for what did on the continent before they became slaves. Areas were the people were into farming and planting grains - most of the slaves from there were used on rice plantations. The same goes for other crops and livestock.

Honestly, a lot of the people were grouped with the predominant tribes. And all these groupings would always be inconclusive. For examples: the Ijaws never really had any powerful kingdom and they were close to the coast. So evidently tons of them would have been sold into slavery. So how come we don't see them on these charts? If kanuri's and Sudan could be cited in some legends about slaves, don't you think there would have been Igala, ebira, junkun and edoma slaves as well? How about Benin that's close to the coast? The benin's did fight a few wars and I'm sure some of their fighter were also captured and sold.

Also, we can always look at Haiti as a Fon/Igbo enclave for slavery. However, the Dna today is saying a different story. Same goes for most of America's South. And some of the DNA's are showing people from tribes/countries that were never part of everything recorded about slavery.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 7:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
shymexx: Rather than argue objectively, you lot have succeeded in turning what could have been a highly informative and educative into one of the usual pseudo-supremacy contest that's the bane of this forum...From Igbo's trying to re-write history and claim everything as Igbo's -

@Bold...talking about claiming, here's a post from one of your brothers trying to claim everything as yoruba's.

akigbemaru: Igbo people will start again, leave substance and start to chase shadows! No tribe in AFRICA, imported slaves as Yoruba tribe. Yoruba land used to be called "Slave coast!" Because during their senseless internecine wars, Yorubas sold one another into slavery through their greedy kings and queens who had no influence or values no more! I will back my proofs up with examples and I challenged any Igbo man to disprove me. Even Calabar Kingdom with its proximity to the Atlantic had more slaves than meager Igbo people could think of. Yoruba and Calabar cultures are still be practicing in Caribbeans!

Igbo people have no culture period!

Igbos after seeing that majority of black americans are leaning towards Yoruba, W D Dubois came to Lagos, Nigeria, Mohamed ali and Malcolm X.
Igbo people are the only tribe to create Igbo African Americans, even Yoruba that knowingly know majority of these people are his people did not create any website of sort.
This is the website: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_American

I contested three of Yoruba people you put on this website.
1) Edward Wilmot Blyden -- Igbo has never been a Muslim -- this was a Yoruba Muslim from Sierra loane they speak only "Krio" which is a sub Yoruba Language.
2) Blair Underwood ( DNA says his ancestry came from Igbo, Yoruba, bamum and barong. So why would just only Igbo claimed him.
If any tribe tries to claim him it should be Babungo tribe first, because that where all his DNA comes from.
3) Olaudah Equiano he was born in
Essaka, Benin Empire, he would be either Yoruba or Edo, not Igbo at all.

Igbo put it on YOUTUBE that African Americans should go and do their DNA. Anyway, thanks for that, because the results are coming back to Yoruba people, with us not advertising and getting more results that is great.
Below are the list of people we got so far and the DNA also reveals that Yoruba got more common gene pool
to Hausa and Fulani that Igbo that we taught our southern people. No wonder Igbos always envy Yoruba.
1)
Carlton E. Brown (current president of Clark university, Atlanta, Ga.
2) Karrem Abdul-jabba -- a lakers legend
3) judge Glenda hatchett
4) Sofiya Songhai beauty queen
5) theo martins -- a rapper
6) seal -- a musician
7) chamillionaire -- a rapper
Etc.

Do you know the FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN hero was a Yoruba man from Egba: Thomas Peters!
He founded the country Sierra loane!

Abdias do Nascimento
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdias_do_Nascimento

Igbo claimed they rebellious during slavery. But all the major slave revolts ever known were carried out by Yoruba brave men!

[b]1)He started by first claiming Yoruba sold the highest number of slaves. cheesy cheesy

2)Then he went on and claimed the Slave coast to be only Yoruba land when according to Wikipedia, the slave coast covers the countries of Togo, Benin and Western Nigeria. cheesy cheesy

The Slave Coast is the name of the coastal areas of present Togo, Benin (formerly Dahomey) and western Nigeria, a fertile region of coastal Western Africa along the Bight of Benin. In pre-colonial times it was one of the most densely populated parts of the African continent. It became one of the most important export centers for the Atlantic slave trade from the early 16th century to the 19th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_coast

3) Then he claimed more Calabar and Ibibio slaves were sold off than Igbos at the Bight of Biafra. grin grin. Wow! I never knew that! Somebody please tell me something new! grin

4) He even went on to claim famous AAs of established Igbo ancestries(Edward Wilmot and even Olaudah Equiano who said himself that he's Igbo) to be Yorubas and not Igbos! shocked shocked
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Wilmot_Blyden

5) He claimed Sierra Leonean Creole Language, also called Krio to be Yoruba language!!!! grin grin grin

6) And then claimed that majority of all slave revolts were carried out by Yoruba only. grin grin[/b]
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Jayvarley(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
Radoillo:

I don't get it. A few short hours ago, you both were really getting along.

Talk to BigFrancis21 If you and him are not one and the same person grin
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Jayvarley:

Now you have proven your stupidity Francis. grin

Can all viewers of this topic search to find if I said that Africans are RACIST against African Americans.

The word RACIST simply was not used by me.

I only was honest enough to say some African Blacks DO NOT ACCEPT AFRICAN AMERICANS.

It was Francis who tried to twist my words and it was him who dropped in the word RACISM.

Because he knows he has obviously lost this argument, he is trying his best to wriggle out of it! PATHETIC cheesy

I have no need to use the word RACISM when AFRICAN AMERICANS and NATIVE AFRICANS are of the same race
however they are culturally different. Because of this sometimes they discriminate against each other.

Now lets see if Bigfrancis21 will try to twist the word discrimination to suit his own purposes.

He thinks he is the only person who knows what Racism, tribalism and Genetic crossover means!

AROGANCE!!!

grin grin

Jayvarley:

Bigfrancis21 is a perfect example of why so many other African people HATE NIGERIANS!! grin grin

ARROGANCE and thinking they are the best!

For once I was beginning to think you could hold an intelligent discourse without resorting to the use of profanity. Now you've started calling me stupid all in the bid to win the internet battle. Well, here's a post written by you:

Jayvarley:
What are their descendants known as today? Too mixed people? Or Jewish?

Jews who mixed with other non Jewish populations obviously produced offspring.

However the Black Jews of Ethiopia who claim lineage through King Solomon and David were not even accepted by the Jews of Israel.

If you do some research on this subject you will find that there is a great deal of racism against blacks in Israel Jewish or not.

It is the same for African Americans who EMBRACE their African heritage.

Native Africans will REJECT THEM and say that AA'S deliberately discarded their African identity

@Bold...my dear how can you say there is racism between africans and african americans who, the last time I checked, are both blacks?
How can a black be a racist to another black? Have you forgotten what race is and what racism also is?

Have you now resorted to making up incorrect statements just to back up your already weakened point-of-view, just like Kails?

This is the very same person who doesn't know what racism means. Now, he's called me arrogant, tribalistic and now stupid. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Lol at Blacks can't be racist of other Blacks. grin grin grin

Buhahahahahha. Niggerians!

Direct that to your Barbadian brother. Don't act like you didn't see his post below:

Bigfrancis21:
Jayvarley:

What are their descendants known as today? Too mixed people? Or Jewish?

Jews who mixed with other non Jewish populations obviously produced offspring.

However the Black Jews of Ethiopia who claim lineage through King Solomon and David were not even accepted by the Jews of Israel.

If you do some research on this subject you will find that there is a great deal of racism against blacks in Israel Jewish or not.

Native Africans will REJECT THEM and say that AA'S deliberately discarded their African identity

@Bold...my dear how can you say there is racism between africans and african americans who, the last time I checked, are both blacks?
How can a black be a racist to another black? Have you forgotten what race is and what racism also is?

Have you now resorted to making up incorrect statements just to back up your already weakened point-of-view, just like Kails?

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
Radoillo:

I don't get it. A few short hours ago, you both were really getting along.

I thank you for noticing that. He's suddenly turned around and started dancing to the tune of his AA sisters just to get cheap likes. Where were they all these while he was busy playing on the other side of the fence and busy getting all muddied up? grin grin

I'm waiting for his 4th derogatory term for BigFrancis21. cool
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Jayvarley(m): 8:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Direct that to your Barbadian brother. Don't act like you didn't see his post below:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FOOL

Please read the BOLD AGAIN DUMMY

Nice try LIAR grin grin

My previous post describes racism Against Blacks by ISREALI JEWS

Not Black on Black Discrimination!!!! wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYwvGHY1nAI

Try Again grin grin
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
Look at him denying. You just called me a fool and a liar! Nice of you! All in the bid to win the internet battle.
grin
Look who claims he has Igbo ancestry calling his fellow Igbo brother arrogant, tribalist, stupid, a fool and a liar.

If I remember clearly, in the spirit of brotherliness i've not said one derogatory term towards you despite all he false claims you've been making and the mistakes you've made. Here you are already calling me 5 of them. Keep them coming.

Jayvarley:

Anybody with a simple grasp of English knows that there are direct and implied statements in English language.

From the bolded, its clear YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RACISM and here you are trying so hard to deny what you claimed. Resorting to the use of profanity just to deny yourself.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
He just indirectly called me a scammer and 419er too! Oh Men.

Jayvarley, you're just one funny character here. I must say. grin grin
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Jayvarley(m): 8:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
bigfrancis21: Look at him denying. You just called me a fool and a liar! Nice of you! All in the bid to win the internet battle.
grin
Look who claims he has Igbo ancestry calling his fellow Igbo brother arrogant, tribalist, stupid, a fool and a liar.

If I remember clearly, i've not said one derogatory term towards you despite all he false claims you've made and the mistakes you've made. Here you are already calling me 5 of them. Keep them coming.

Anybody with a simple grasp of English knows that there are implied statements in English language.

From the bolded, its clear YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RACISM and here you are trying so hard to deny what you claimed. Resorting to the use of profanity just to deny yourself.

You are not making sense Bigfrancis21. You are trying to tell RIDDLES to make yourself look wise but the reverse is TRUE grin

English is my first language, lets not concern ourselves of (what you say) is implied but on rather what was written which was a reference to what black Africans experience in Israel which is RACISM.

If what they are experience is not RACISM can you please tell me what it is MR ARROGANT IGBO??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zPSO4REesc
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
Radoillo:

Jay, that was not fair. I really respect you. I'm me. Francis is Francis. sad

He has even turned around and started claiming you to be me! cheesy

Honestly, up until now I took Jay to be an objective person. Despite the few front-and-back arguments we've had in the past, I didn't resort to calling him names. He suddenly started showing us the other side of him. I never knew he was like this. What suddenly came over him? undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Jayvarley(m): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Radoillo:

You are better than Kwame. I think you are too smart for this. That quote up there comes across like ethnic stereotyping. Not cool. I wonder how we can be commenting on this thread, at the same time if we are the same person.

How? Quite easily. One way is to use two computers with different log in details!
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Jayvarley(m): 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

He has even turned around and started claiming you to be me! cheesy

Honestly, up until now I took Jay to be an objective person. Despite the few front-and-back arguments we've had in the past, I didn't resort to calling him names. He suddenly started showing us the other side of him. I never knew he was like this. What suddenly came over him? undecided undecided

You are enjoying this too much, you are doing this for FUN !
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
Wow. I thought I was having fun discussing what I enjoy most. History and linguistics. Didn't know all along someone whose contributions I have really enjoyed thought I was a fake. Not to mention jobless...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Jayvarley(m): 8:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Radoillo: Wow. I thought I was having fun discussing what I enjoy most. History and linguistics. Didn't know all along someone whose contributions I have really enjoyed thought I was a fake. Not to mention jobless...

Have a good evening Francis wink
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
Radoillo:

You are better than Kwame. I think you are too smart for this. That quote up there comes across like ethnic stereotyping. Not cool. I wonder how we can be commenting on this thread, at the same time if we are the same person.

He thinks we are the same. Nothing you say will change that. Remember when I told you that this is nairaland where people would rather ignore the truth and believe whatever they choose to believe?
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
I'm only wondering what made him arrive at that conclusion. :\
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
Jayvarley:

You are not making sense Bigfrancis21. You are trying to tell RIDDLES to make yourself look wise but the reverse is TRUE grin

English is my first language, lets not concern ourselves of (what you say) is implied but on rather what was written which was a reference to what black Africans experience in Israel which is RACISM.

If what they are experience is not RACISM can you please tell me what it is MR ARROGANT IGBO??

That English is your first language doesn't make you a better speaker than Africans. I know so many Africans who command English better than the native speakers. Most Anglophone Africans are bilingual yet speak English very fluently. So don't use that alibi to cover up your glaring lack of basic English diction.

Why trying to dodge the issue at hand which is lack of the meaning of RACISM by asking us not to concern ourselves with you African-AA racism claim? You'd rather hurl abuses at me than accept your mistake right?

Suddenly, Madam Cheerleader isn't liking your posts again. You GOOFED big time at that.

Stop running around in circles trying to cover that up. grin grin

Direct and Implied statements.
http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080203025310AAEYaiq
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Bish why are you mad? Did I say your name bish?

No so go suck it
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Bish why are you mad? Did I say your name bish?

No so go suck it

An University!!!

grin grin
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Wait a minute Jay....are you saying Big Fool is talking to himself as Raddlio? shocked

Now that is fucking pathetic! Now I know the bish don't have a job!
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

An University!!!

grin grin

Can you honestly say that you have graduated from one?

My siggie was in your honor. cheesy
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

An University!!!

grin grin

Did your village professor say it was ebonic to say an university? grin grin
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

An is ebonic Lawd this dumb nigga is certainly not Yoruba. lipsrsealed

U is a vowel so therefore an university is correct.

An university is singular.
Universities is plural.[/b]

If you are going to jump in a discussion azz first...at least read the first sets of comments.

Even an African all the way from the dungeons of Africa knows that that statement is wrong! grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mrs Chima,
I know no one's gonna believe me, and I should quit trying to get anyone to...

I'm not Francis. I'm not. Its not fun being called a fake.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Even an African all the way from the dungeons of Africa knows that that statement is wrong! grin grin grin grin

(Looking at the post with disabelief)

Radallio...please forgive me for thinking you can be this dumb.

You forgive me Radallio?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (59) (Reply)

Botha's Speech 1985 (a Must Read!) / Video Of Oluwo Of Iwo Rolling Weed Released By Chanel Chin, His Ex Wife / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.