Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Nigerian (igbo) & African American - Culture (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian (igbo) & African American (113733 Views)

UK Expats Learn Nigerian (Igbo) Culture For Husbands' Sake / Ghanaian (Ashanti) Dating Nigerian (Igbo) / Why Am I Often Approached By African Men? (An African-American Woman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
django1: You lot are reprehensible. You go around claiming all sort of things, people point out your flaw, you turn around to whine and b.I.t.ch about being picked on.

Nnenna is especially good at crying injustice. Learn that people react. GOSH

Huh?

Crying what? I was only repeating what you people were saying the past few pages. grin

Abeg I tire for this thread.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
ozo_emeka: No Igbo achievers ? Sarcasm or do I take it you are really not learned about the world around you or plain stu-pid? cry undecided shocked

She was being sarcastic suga. wink
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by MrsChima(f): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
Who are those fioooone men on this thread?

Dark men are sexy to me. kiss
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
First off I don't see what connects South Africa to this or what concerns South Africa with Nigeria or the Igbos. Are you clearly mentally ok or what? Its only a loser who feels challenged that runs off to start making unnecessary comparisons with a tribe who isn't competing with them.

All the efforts being made here are just to belittle the Igbo achievement in the world. Isn't that silly? Imagine the gang up. A whole South Africa(with all its tribes) as against just one tribe - Igbo. cheesy Plus the one who rides the fence very well as if Igbos care about his uneventful existence. He doesn't even sound intelligent or mature. You're indeed a child.grin

No thread on nairaland generates much furore, attention and traffic than any Igbo thread where people filled with hate, evil, envy come just to spew hatred because they feel challenged and insecure.grin

Nigeria still remains the Giant of Africa! We didn't give ourselves that name. The world did! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
ozo_emeka:

Good. Glad you know. You should tell that to AA who ALWAYS do that.

This coming from the man who is claiming AMERICAN CITIZENS IN AMERICA!!!

You are so delusional it's funny.

Never even heard someone say that African Americans are "claiming" Obama. Why don't you go tell Obama that he is not American. That he is not a black American.

People like yourself are not even worth talking to. You need help.

An AA probably stole your girlfriend and f*cked your mother senseless.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
nnenna.1:
Yep. Igbos are ultimate losers, evil and have absolutely nothing to be proud of. There are no Igbo achievers in the universe. The most primitive people in Africa and the world are Igbo.

They deserved to be killed in the pogrom of 1966 and 100% are the cause of their deaths in the Biafran war.

Igbos are unnecessarily arrogant when they have nothing to be proud of. They are just good for ra.pes and mass killings, especially when they run their mouths.

They should shut up, smile and accept these facts humbly. Then everyone would like them.

The end. You all are winners.

Lol, you like playing the victim don't you?

Just a little victim!

The psychotic way Igbos keep going back and forth between being racist against AA's and blaming Yoruba and Hausa for all their failures is hilarious.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis21: 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
django1: [s]Dude, what I'm telling you is simple, that nollywood is third most prolific movie industry in the world today is not the doing of any singular ethnic group, do you understand? Infact ibos don't make as much films as the yorubas today.

The first set of films produced in nigeria was by the likes of ogunde (a yoruba man), undoubtedly ibos have made a great contribution to the growth of the nollywood sector but that it is a solely ibo industry is an insult on all other people who have made the industry what it is, so please don't ever repeat it again that you own nollywood.[/s]

Haahha. Are you trying to shout me down or something? Is that a threat or what? Lmao

There's nothing I won't see on Nairaland. Igbos made Nollywood what it is today and you're here trying to reap where you didn't sow. If Nollywood belongs to everybody, why then are the Yorubas crying about Igbo domination? Why did they even ask to be merged with Igbo nollywood in the first place?

Haven't you noticed that the Hausa movie industry, Kannywood isn't part of Nollywood. They have and run their own movie industry separately.

Igbos and Yorubas started out by making their movies in their languages. Both tribes ran their movie industries separately without interference. Then the Igbo movie industry decided to take the inventive and switch to making movies in English and excelled excellently since then while the Yorubas, being conservative as usual, stuck to sole production of movies in Yoruba. Before they could say Jack Robinson, the Igbos had overtaken them tremendously and went worldwide. Then they came to ask to be merged with the Igbo Nollywood. And look at someone here claiming Igbos didn't do anything to Nollywood. If the Igbos hadn't taken the great initiative to respond to change, would Nollywood have been where it is today? If this same Nollywood you people are trying to claim had been a failure, you all will be laughing at Igbo today making great jest of us.

Let Nollywood divide then, let the Yorubas go their way let the Igbo-English Movie Industry remain let's see if we won't exist and even wax stronger.

Imagine such silly statements.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Kairoseki77: 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: Africa Populations in 2050 by region
East Africa (711 million)
Western Africa (626 million)
Central Africa (273 million)
Southern Africa (175 million)
Note:By 2050 Nigerian population start AGING OUT, East Africa will be leading, while by 2100 onwards Central Africa will be the next populated region in Africa.

Almost every population projection I have seen has Africa's population increasing all the way to 2100. Blatantly false to state that Nigeria's population will start "aging out" in 40 years.

Also, Nigeria will have a population of around 400 million in 2050. You need to do better research.

http://populationpyramid.net/Nigeria/2050/
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by bigfrancis021: 3:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
Kairoseki77:

No one cares about Nollywood.

YOU brought it up to change the subject from the words of your bigoted brother.

You are truly psychotic. The only strategy your people seem to have is to blame others and claim to be victims.

@Strikethrough...grin grin. Emm...the world cares about Nollywood, sir. That's why it has been ranked second in the whole world in volume of production. Nollywood doesn't care if you acknowledge it or not. You should have known Igbo boys by now.
Re: Nigerian (igbo) & African American by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Who is playing victim when I repeated what you all are arguing for in this thread?

Or are you guys retracting all the comments you are making here?

confused.com

*unfollows*

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (59) (Reply)

What Is The Nwa Baby Ashawo Song By Flavour N'abania Talking About? / Obateru Akinrunta:The Richest King In Nigeria.. The Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom, Hrm / Botha's Speech 1985 (a Must Read!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.