Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage (4859 Views)

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Accommodate His Ex With Three Kids / A Lady Lists Her Conditions Before She Can Accept A Guy's Proposal / My Boyfriend Wants Me To Be A Baby Mama. Says He's Scared Of Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by LeoThaGreat(m): 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
I was browsing through a Ghanaian website when I saw this article that interests me. It was about a confused lady asking for what to do because her boyfriend gave her a prenuptial agreement (terms & conditions for marriage) to sign before he can proceed to legalise their relationship.
This reminded me of Kim Kardashian & Kanye West and other Western couples that sign prenups before getting wed. The prenup covers what to do during the marriage and what happens in case of a divorce.
This lady's story was long so I decided to cut out the agreement part to paste them here.

One day, he asked me, “When we marry, how should we manage our finances?” I said, “I have no idea. you’re the man. What do you think?” He only nodded but said nothing.
Another day he asked me, “Why do women change after marriage?” I said, “I can’t answer for all women. I can only answer for myself and I know I won’t change.”
He smiled.
Each day came with a new set of questions. He was a man with too many questions. Then one day he finally came out to say, “We need to agree on certain things before we get married. That way, we both know what is expected from each other.”
I said, “Why not. It’s a good idea.” I thought we were going to sit down, talk and agree on what to do but no. He pulled out a sheet and said, “Read and let’s see what we can add and what we can subtract;

#1. You’ll keep your money and I will keep mine.
We both have to exercise absolute control over our
finances.

#2. We’ll have a joint account where we contribute
40% of our salaries each month.

#3. You’ll help pay monthly rent for the house we
will live in. (The guy's father owns the house but doesn't live there)
#4. You’ll maintain your body size throughout the
marriage.

#5. We are going to have two kids. No more no
less.

#6. If you don’t give birth after four years, I can
walk out of the marriage.

#7. Your parents and your siblings are your exclusive problems. I can’t be made to cater to them. They can visit only once in a while but they can’t stay for over a week.

I read the document about four times. I didn’t know what to make out of it. I said, “This doesn’t sound like a marriage to me. It lacks everything a marriage should have. How do we agree on such a thing? It’s like we are two separate people living our individual lives. We don’t have to do this to ourselves.” He asked,
“What do we have to take out and what do we have to add?”
I said, “We should throw this away and talk about real challenges married couples go through.” He said, “These are my challenges and these are what I believe need solving before anything else can
happen.”

My questions are:
1. If you were a guy, will you propose such a prenuptial agreement to serve as a guideline (and safe house) before getting wed?

2. If you were a lady, will you agree to (or negotiate some clauses in) such a prenuptial agreement, or you'll throw it all away?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Babaken(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
The guy is scared of the future.

13 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Jdaughter(f): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
sad
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by donbachi(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
It could be a prenup..na u misunderstand a.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by hartoyebi38: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
correct man, he sees the future

8 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Xenry: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2021
Lol, na Redpill caused this!

24 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by poeticsoldier(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
The lady has just won a contract not marriage.She can wisely turn it down by giving her own pre whatever too.Such as;
1.There will be intercourse between us once in a month
2. None of your family should come around until after verification by me.
3.No lady should have anything to do with you except me even in your dream
4.Your beard, size and complexion must not change throughout the marriage
5.After we are done giving birth to two children let's zip up darling,you know it is of no use again.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Mrscarter(f): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
LeoThaGreat:
I was browsing through a Ghanaian website when I saw this article that interests me. It was about a confused lady asking for what to do because her boyfriend gave her a prenuptial agreement (terms & conditions for marriage) to sign before he can proceed to legalise their relationship.
This reminded me of Kim Kardashian & Kanye West and other Western couples that sign prenups before getting wed. The prenup covers what to do during the marriage and what happens in case of a divorce.
This lady's story was long so I decided to cut out the agreement part to paste them here.

My questions are:
1. If you were a guy, will you propose such a prenuptial agreement to serve as a guideline (and safe house) before getting wed?

2. If you were a lady, will you agree to (or negotiate some clauses in) such a prenuptial agreement, or you'll throw it all away?

I think a pre nup to protect ur assets if one side was richer n was worried bout their money then its fair to sign a pre nup but everything else isnt a marraige. Marraige isnt a contract or a scheduled thing. Its living life n making a life together n taking each day as it comes facing everything together in partnership n love n its about commitment and honesty and sticking by each other thru good n bad and about making each other happy n accepting each other unconditionally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Mrscarter(f): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2021
poeticsoldier:
The lady has just won a contract not marriage.She can wisely turn it down by giving her own pre whatever too.Such as;
5.After we are done giving birth to two children let's zip up darling,you know it is of no use again.

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by baralatie(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2021
poeticsoldier:
grin

see counter offer!

you missed one important prenup arrangement and it is only one female.nairalander that knows it

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 16, 2021
You see young men and their wahala abi,I will just vex and marry one of these chiefs hovering around me after all Shade Okoya,Bianca Ojukwu,Regina Daniels did it and didn't regret
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by baralatie(m): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
Zzor:
You see young men and their wahala abi,I will just vex and marry one of these chiefs hovering around me after all Shade Okoya,Bianca Ojukwu,Regina Daniels did it and didn't regret
ah ah!
all you have to do is state a counter offer nau!

grin
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
baralatie:

ah ah!
all you have to do is state a counter offer nau!

grin
A counter offer? when a more matured man who's ready to spoil and pamper you silly is available, its hell with young Nigerian men hian
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by mechanics(m): 6:11pm On Mar 16, 2021
The idea of keeping their money to themselves is not the best and for her to be paying the monthly rent is not ideal.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2021
Experience is the best teacher.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Godoverevery: 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
#7 is very key....lol

Marriage is really scary this days......I can't really fault the guy.

Apart from kids, men benefits next to nothing in marriage.

6 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by baralatie(m): 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
Zzor:
A counter offer? when a more matured man who's ready to spoil and pamper you silly is available, its hell with young Nigerian men hian
it is not the way you put it!
all matured men who claim to pamper their young wife always have a trailer load of young wives they are already spoiling silly!
and this is a prenup in itself!
Nigerian young does not end until 60 years of age o!
grin
so don't generalize

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by baralatie(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2021
mechanics:
The idea of keeping their money to themselves is not the best and for her to be paying the monthly rent is not ideal.
how will each one member of the union keeping their own money is not the best/not ideal?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
Wise man. Prenup is the way because these biitches are something nowadays

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by meobizy(f): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2021
3. Since you’re the OP, tell me how the issue concerns me.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by mechanics(m): 6:51pm On Mar 16, 2021
baralatie:

how will each one member of the union keeping their own money is not the best/not ideal?
They are one and not two separate entity.
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by baralatie(m): 6:56pm On Mar 16, 2021
mechanics:
They are one and not two separate entity.
each before they got married have their own source of income.and because they are married does not not automatically transfer their productivity,increase their income from one person to another
so why should the income of a be that of the income of b

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by aumusa: 7:04pm On Mar 16, 2021
good one

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by LeoThaGreat(m): 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
Mrscarter:

I think a pre nup to protect ur assets if one side was richer n was worried bout their money then its fair to sign a pre nup but everything else isnt a marraige. Marraige isnt a contract or a scheduled thing. Its living life n making a life together n taking each day as it comes facing everything together in partnership n love n its about commitment and honesty and sticking by each other thru good n bad and about making each other happy n accepting each other unconditionally.

I honestly think one's mental health is also an asset (at least for people like me in the creative industry), so the guy stated terms that will make him stay in the marriage if adhered to, and if broken, could affect his mental health. Therefore I think a prenup covers (or should cover) more than wealth & riches.
E.g. In a case where a man wants to throw out his wife from THEIR home, a prenup could serve as an insurance for the lady.

Also, I hope you read the part the guy asked what could be added or taken out? I think this suggests he wants CLARITY that the girl is marrying him for love and not because he has been her benefactor (I didn't post this part of the story cuz it will extend the whole thing)

Will you sign (or negotiate) a prenup if offered? Or you'll rather walk away?
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Reex12(m): 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2021
Zzor:
cc richmond500 can you see this bloodyhoe, considering dating her papa agemate

nexttime you try counter me, I wont go easy with you, bloody simp

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
1 and 2 is sensible
 5 is family planning 
 7 i agree partially⚫
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2021
Reex12:
cc richmond500 can you see this bloodyhoe, considering dating her papa agemate

nexttime you try counter me, I wont go easy with you, bloody simp
how did who I decided to date affect you,abeg if your papa is stinkly rich in dollars let me know we ain't playing this year ooo see your flat head
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Biyonce(f): 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
Shuo, she berra dump his broke ass
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by AwesomeStormy00(m): 9:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
Zzor:

I know you are kidding God's time is the best
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Erums(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16, 2021
mechanics:

Stfu
Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Angelacruz: 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2021
poeticsoldier:
very funny...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Wants Me To Sign Terms And Conditions Before Marriage by Estiluv4u(f): 10:02pm On Mar 16, 2021
Then he cant be the head of the home
wahala

(1) (2) (Reply)

HELP!! My Boyfriend's Best Friend Molests Me / Two Hausa Having A Quicky / Nigerian Lady Breaks Internet After Sharing Photos Of Her Deep Facial Dimple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.