Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu (14042 Views)

How Wike’s Agents Invaded My Home, Damaged My Husband’s Car –ex-rivers Comm / Buhari With Babagida, Tinubu, And Obasanjo (Photos) / They Have Damaged My Candidacy, Says Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Apr 15, 2011
Onye Babe:

I doubt the intelligence of some many Nigerians whenever i am on this site. Seriously, it is like most Nigerians just accept what ever they hear, only a few questioned this thread which is obviously false but hey let us all open our big mouths and say what we want even if it is crap.  

Ribadu has not stepped down for anybody.

We need to start suing these silly journalists in this country.

I am forced to doubt your intelligence . . . what of this thread leads you to assume it is about Ribadu stepping down? Did you even take time to read the provided article?
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by emekagh(m): 12:18am On Apr 15, 2011
When your enemies are busy shooting at themselves don't get in the way
So while the 'intelligentsia' are busy squabbling on something as simple as political alignment and agreements.

GEJ is busy tiding up loose ends;

But they are the 'intelligentsia'  grin and GEJ is the 'dummy' (Is that not what they claim)

Hopefully we will see if the 'intelligentsia' can out-think the 'dummy.'

'Surely they will gather, but most assuredly they will scatter'
Intelligentsia ko, intelli-jesha ni.

Nigerians know a smart leader that is why . . .
. . . GEJ  will wins!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by koruji(m): 12:18am On Apr 15, 2011
@ekt_bear
This is the entire point.

Ribadu has given his all and must have known that his support base was not what it was billed to be. Politics of substance has not fully arrived in Nigeria - if he stays with ACN they can jointly, slowly build that together. That is all he can hope for.

It was like yesterday, when Atiku jumped from PDP into ACN and became its presidential candidate, again without a base - only to jump back into the PDP at the slightest opportunity. Instead of really working with Tinubu to build up ACN in the north when they had time on their hands, Buhari relied on his soldier-go-soldier-come approach, and did not get very far, even in the north.

One thing is sure - PDP's corrupt hold is strong. GEJ may indeed win this election, but Nigerians better wake up - otherwise we are in for a great disappointment.

Ribadu has always been my candidate, but Nigeria does not seem ready - maybe we haven't suffered enough just yet.  Or perhaps we have a miracle coming on Saturday with a President-Elect Ribadu.

ekt_bear:
Which candidacy has been damaged

A guy who is bringing nothing to the table and benefits more from the ACN than vice versa is complaining?

Heck, I don't blame him for complaining. . . I'd do the same. But imo he should be thankful he was given the chance to go this far.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Limaoscar: 12:21am On Apr 15, 2011
Ribadu is a cry baby. LOL.

Elenu bi enu peipeiye. [i][/i]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, a begi o!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by ziga: 12:25am On Apr 15, 2011
I hope Ribadu has really stepped down. Because he would be a bad choice for President of Nigeria anyway.

We don't need a President whose actions are determined by his "party leaders" We have been in that situation too long. The fact that he is not in support of the decision to step down only tells us that he is a mere puppet.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by emekagh(m): 12:41am On Apr 15, 2011
koruji:

@ekt_bear
This is the entire point.

Ribadu has given his all and must have known that his support base was not what it was billed to be. Politics of substance has not fully arrived in Nigeria - if he stays with ACN they can jointly, slowly build that together. That is all he can hope for.

It was like yesterday, when Atiku jumped from PDP into ACN and became its presidential candidate, again without a base - only to jump back into the PDP at the slightest opportunity. Instead of really working with Tinubu to build up ACN in the north when they had time on their hands, Buhari relied on his soldier-go-soldier-come approach, and did not get very far, even in the north.

One thing is sure - PDP's corrupt hold is strong. GEJ may indeed win this election, but Nigerians better wake up - otherwise we are in for a great disappointment.

Ribadu has always been my candidate, but Nigeria does not seem ready - maybe we haven't suffered enough just yet.  Or perhaps we have a miracle coming on Saturday with a President-Elect Ribadu.

You guys don't get it! And perhaps will not get it until Sunday morning!

1.  Some Nigerians are not comfortable with PDP but most of them are.
2.  Most Nigerians who are not comfortable with PDP have high hopes in GEJ
3.  Some Nigerians will vote for PDP, many will vote for GEJ
4.  Buhari is a hard sell; South West are only selling Bakare (who incidentally is not sellable across the Nation and to international community)
5.  Ribadu is clueless; too young and too loud; Buhari is power drunk dictator; Usurper then, attempting to usurp the youth now; Tinubu called him "Expired", meaning he is toxic, poisonous.
6.  GEJ was loved by at least 80% Nigerians at the peak of his ascension; perhaps he has lost 20% but his is still popular; He has national appeal.
7.  Agreement or not, 90% of 'non-indigenes' (trust me, they are many) will vote for GEJ in Lagos (3m at least) (ACN is not as strong as they want to make us believe in the  southwest)
8.  Voting for GEJ (or the  new PDP) will amount to progress, prosperity and consolidations of Nigeria's growth
9.  An economy that grew by over 8% (in GDP) in difficult period is a well managed econony; the reserves are growing again contrary to what opposition liars would want us believe.
10.   Nigerians will be very pleased if GEJ wins (those that will be disappointed are the BB fanatics, and they are in the minority.

Nigerians love GEJ, that is why BB, Tinubu, Ribadu are the losers.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by sammieone(m): 12:42am On Apr 15, 2011
WE (Nigerians) knew this was their calculation, WE KNEW FROM TIME THAT RIBADU WAS JUST A SIGN POST, HE WAS FRONTING SO THAT ACN WILL HAVE MORE POPULARITY IN THE SOUTH-WEST.Their meeting has come to naught. we are not fools and we have our right senses and we can make things happen for us (not some people dictating what we should do). TINUBU should beware, we are not supporting ACN because of him but we are seeing visible example of what we wants in Nigeria in ACN governors, let them not deliver and see what we can do. NIGERIA wants democracy and DEMOCRACY is not a decision of close door meeting
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by vicenzo(m): 12:43am On Apr 15, 2011
I was not for once deceived by these amala politicians,all these shout of ribadu and buhari was never about change but tribal agenda,ribadu's name is sorry.
 Meanwhile fresh air is still available  for all those who wants it.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by yarodin: 12:58am On Apr 15, 2011
vicenzo:

I was not for once deceived by these amala politicians,all these shout of ribadu and buhari was never about change but tribal agenda,ribadu's name is sorry.
Meanwhile fresh air is still available for all those who wants it.

But when it comes to Politics Yoruba politicians like Tinibu cannot be trusted. In approximately two days, Tinibu has jumped from one Ribadu, Buhari, and Jonathan. Now that is what I call a POLITICAL ASHI.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by soloqy: 1:00am On Apr 15, 2011
This will further aid in the quest for credible elections : http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/20481-jega-directs-presiding-officers-to-paste-election-results-at-polling-units .

Jega directs results of every polling unit to be pasted for all to see. This will stop thugs like Ngige and Andy Uba from conniving with(and at times threatening) returning officers to 'return' in their favor.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by koruji(m): 1:23am On Apr 15, 2011
@emeka_gh
This is the kind of reasoning that makes me trust Ribadu ahead of GEJ. If you must know I 'll rather have GEJ than Buhari.
For your information:
==>Nigerians are not comfortable with the PDP. It is like saying the people of North Korea are comfortable with their leader or Cameroon with Biya. They simply have no choice, their fighting spirit has been curbed by decades of half-baked education, complete dependence on "government" for everything, daylight corruption and power of the state.
==>Sure, some Nigerians will vote for PDP and GEJ, PDP will rig most of the rest and GEJ would not complain.
==>You are the one that is clueless. I can't believe any GEJ supporter would ever accuse any presidential candidate of being clueless - wonders shall never end shocked
==>The economy is doing better now simply because of one thing - oil prices has started to rise again. There is not much GEJ has done to fundamentally change the Nigerian economy. He has plans for electricity, and what else, but so did OBJ & Yar'adua/GEJ - all we got after years of PDP waste was an "apology" that cannot light a bulb. You people are quick to claim credit for something you are not responsible for, yet would not own up to blowing billions of dollars between Yar'adua & GEJ in the space of less than 4 years.

I hope whoever wins, Nigerians learn to keep their leaders on a short leash.

emeka_gh:

4.  Buhari is a hard sell; South West are only selling Bakare (who incidentally is not sellable across the Nation and to international community)
5.  Ribadu is clueless; too young and too loud; Buhari is power drunk dictator; Usurper then, attempting to usurp the youth now; Tinubu called him "Expired", meaning he is toxic, poisonous.
6.  GEJ was loved by at least 80% Nigerians at the peak of his ascension; perhaps he has lost 20% but his is still popular; He has national appeal.
7.  Agreement or not, 90% of 'non-indigenes' (trust me, they are many) will vote for GEJ in Lagos (3m at least) (ACN is not as strong as they want to make us believe in the  southwest)
8.  Voting for GEJ (or the  new PDP) will amount to progress, prosperity and consolidations of Nigeria's growth
9.  An economy that grew by over 8% (in GDP) in difficult period is a well managed econony; the reserves are growing again contrary to what opposition liars would want us believe.
10.   Nigerians will be very pleased if GEJ wins (those that will be disappointed are the BB fanatics, and they are in the minority.

Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by koruji(m): 1:25am On Apr 15, 2011
It is always about Yoruba to you people - you will not make progress this way. That is not a curse, it is a statement of fact!

yarodin:

But when it comes to Politics Yoruba politicians like Tinibu cannot be trusted.  In approximately two days, Tinibu has jumped from one Ribadu, Buhari, and Jonathan.  Now that is what I call a POLITICAL ASHI.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by aribisala0(m): 1:28am On Apr 15, 2011
i love ribadu but dis reveals his inexperience=not yet ready. so do not cancel your plans for a new generator and start learning to love madame umblerra
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by olu77(m): 1:34am On Apr 15, 2011
It is absolutely clear that all the presidential candidates, in the upcoming election are only desperate for power and not committed to fighting corruption. Especially judging by their compromises.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by aribisala0(m): 1:39am On Apr 15, 2011
guy u just wake up?
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by vicenzo(m): 1:49am On Apr 15, 2011
yarodin:

But when it comes to Politics Yoruba politicians like Tinibu cannot be trusted.  In approximately two days, Tinibu has jumped from one Ribadu, Buhari, and Jonathan.  Now that is what I call a POLITICAL ASHI.

Nwanne m, there is nothing new under the sun,same old west as deceitful as ever,cannot be trusted.
 Not long ago the news was that ribadu is a messiah,now the news is that he brings nothing to the table,always giving lame excuses for not being trustworthy,ribadu must be feeling how ojukwu felt some years ago.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by ssumpta(f): 1:56am On Apr 15, 2011
When will this ACN get their Poo together. This just shows how unserious they really are.

But i will never understand why Nigerians hate Buhari so much.
Isn't it better we wear hijabs and have  basic amenities, than to be 'free' under a corrupt government, which is itself the worst form of slavery?
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by aribisala0(m): 2:08am On Apr 15, 2011
yarodin:

But when it comes to Politics Yoruba politicians like Tinibu cannot be trusted.  In approximately two days, Tinibu has jumped from one Ribadu, Buhari, and Jonathan.  Now that is what I call a POLITICAL ASHI.
in contrast to the
ijaw and israeli politicians who you can trust with your wife and life saviings
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by koruji(m): 2:46am On Apr 15, 2011
I think the saying "[size=14pt]Give me freedom or give me death[/size]" is for you.

Free under a corrupt government is an oxymoron - a corrupt government will never guaranttee your various God-Given Freedoms
In the same way "wear hijabs and have basic amenities" is an oxymoron - this makes you a beggar.

What kind of people live in this country anyway to let this type of statements come out of their mouths? shocked shocked shocked

ssumpta:

When will this ACN get their Poo together. This just shows how unserious they really are.

Isn't it better we wear hijabs and have  basic amenities, than to be 'free' under a corrupt government, which is itself the worst form of slavery?
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by preselect(m): 2:48am On Apr 15, 2011
ssumpta:

no it is not. you can't buy my religion with a promise of better amenities. Nigerians hate buhari so much bc the man
was draconian when he ruled. He used an iron fist. Killed many young men for crimes that should warrant imprisonment. He displayed tribalism. PTF did very little in the east. He made
dangerous religious statements when Nigeria was sitting on a keg of religious gun powder. He is power hungry. Wants to be president at all cost. Wants to cry his way into the hearts of voters. Well, tears don't win elections and as president tears won't build a nation. Where were his tears when PTF loaded hospitals with fake drugs? Where were those tears when lies were told against the likes of ekwueme who were bundled into prison while shagari was sent home. Abeg o, Delilah also cried for Samson. We know how that worked out. They can't even unite to form sound opposition against PDP. Why? Selfishness. And they want to use tears to gain ground.
Please we need democrats.
PDP may be a bunch of thieves but in this election, I'm all for Goodluck. Ribadu is acceptable but we have seen his inexperience. He can't handle foreign policy. Other world leaders will play him too. Goodluck has had some lessons in politics. The way he caries himself during the sick'adua era showed wisdom.
The way these elections have gone so fa showed sincerity( compare with what we had under that evil called OBJ)

Either you have Goodluck or you have badluck. The choice is ours.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by oyewolejos(m): 4:15am On Apr 15, 2011
emeka_gh:

6.  G[b]EJ was loved by at least 80% Nigerians at the peak of his ascension; perhaps he has lost 20% but his is still popular; He has national appeal.
7.  Agreement or not, 90% of 'non-indigenes' (trust me, they are many) will vote for GEJ in Lagos (3m at least) (ACN is not as strong as they want to make us believe in the  southwest)[/b]

In your deluded mind.
You just show us that a Primary Sch Student is smarter than you.
I really pity your future
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by jason123: 4:20am On Apr 15, 2011
vicenzo:

Nwanne m, there is nothing new under the sun,same old west as deceitful as ever,cannot be trusted.
 Not long ago the news was that ribadu is a messiah,now the news is that he brings nothing to the table,always giving lame excuses for not being trustworthy,ribadu must be feeling how ojukwu felt some years ago.

Who is this fo.ol that always brings the civil war into the political section Are you a mad man
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by preselect(m): 4:29am On Apr 15, 2011
Politicians aside, the way people in nairaland are responding to those who disagree with them, I can only conclude that the average nigerian is not ready for democracy yet
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by fxtopedia(m): 4:38am On Apr 15, 2011
emeka_gh:

Simply CRETIN, If your post make sense to ANYONE, such a person just returned from yaba-left, olodo!!! grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by soloqy: 5:02am On Apr 15, 2011
pres-elect:

Politicians aside, the way people in nairaland are responding to those who disagree with them, I can only conclude that the average nigerian is not ready for democracy yet

You are right
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Tare55(m): 5:12am On Apr 15, 2011
Isn't it better we wear hijabs and have basic amenities, than to be 'free' under a corrupt government, which is itself the worst form of slavery?

Be careful for what u wish for yourself shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by prefers555: 5:58am On Apr 15, 2011
Ribadu, welcome to the world of nigerian politics. Obviously, he is learning the ropes.
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by segunjowo(m): 7:27am On Apr 15, 2011
I can't help but laff at ur post, guys. Keep them coming, smart dudes. Buhari or Ribadu, Which one of you will get my vote? Raise up your hands, LoL
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by jackpot(f): 7:36am On Apr 15, 2011
@babaearly

who r u to always mis-yarn 4 dis forum

**just curious**
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by muta78: 7:52am On Apr 15, 2011
from the news, it seems acn under tinubu done their best to make the alliance works but cpc want to eat their cake and have it at same time. People of SW believe in Tinubu more than any politician in the region so any the man is a factor in the region politically. See the way lagos is today, it is due to Tinubu foundation. On saturday, ACN will win SW irrespective of what happen in the alliance.

It would be better for cpc if they can conceed some VP to ACN, because their candidate is light politically in SW>
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Bese: 8:13am On Apr 15, 2011
@ emekus
1. Some Nigerians are not comfortable with PDP but most of them are.
2. Most Nigerians who are not comfortable with PDP have high hopes in GEJ
3. Some Nigerians will vote for PDP, many will vote for GEJ
4. Buhari is a hard sell; South West are only selling Bakare (who incidentally is not sellable across the Nation and to international community)
5. Ribadu is clueless; too young and too loud; Buhari is power drunk dictator; Usurper then, attempting to usurp the youth now; Tinubu called him "Expired", meaning he is toxic, poisonous.
6. GEJ was loved by at least 80% Nigerians at the peak of his ascension; perhaps he has lost 20% but his is still popular; He has national appeal.
7. Agreement or not, 90% of 'non-indigenes' (trust me, they are many) will vote for GEJ in Lagos (3m at least) (ACN is not as strong as they want to make us believe in the southwest)
8. Voting for GEJ (or the new PDP) will amount to progress, prosperity and consolidations of Nigeria's growth
9. An economy that grew by over 8% (in GDP) in difficult period is a well managed econony; the reserves are growing again contrary to what opposition liars would want us believe.
10. Nigerians will be very pleased if GEJ wins (those that will be disappointed are the BB fanatics, and they are in the minority.

Gbam!!!!!
They may nt like the truth but that is it. 2mrw we(9ja) shall celebrate the victory of GEJ, fans of bb & co will be like OLUKU!!!!!
Re: Tinubu and Co Have Damaged My Candidacy- - - - -Ribadu by Omoadugbo(m): 8:25am On Apr 15, 2011
The Country NIGERIA has No Development Plan for a long time now.What we have is GROWTH here and there,One Step Forward Three Steps Backward. DEVELOPMENT ended in Nigeria after the Abolition of the Regions.For now development will only come by the ASSOCIATION of HOMOGINEOUS SPICES, the States with similar Interest, Working Together to Achieve Simple and Single Development Plan. This Election is NOT the Turning Point for Nigeria. I Wish Nigeria Well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerias Democratic Moments (in Pictures) / Why We’ve Not Sent Buhari 2016 Budget Details – House Of Reps / Imo State Deputy Governors Lodge On Fire (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.