Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM (35283 Views)

Dunchi Lar: NIDCOM Statement About Nigerian Jailed In UAE Over Cybercrime Law / Itunnu Babalola: FG Demands Autopsy Of Nigerian Who Died In Ivorian Custody / NIDCOM, Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, UN Evauate 118 Nigerians Stranded In Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by PoliteActivist: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
ZINIIBANKS:
Shit happen

Happens. Shit happens.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by abnot: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see more African countries treating Nigerians more terrible because charity they say begins at home. This I have seen.

We keep telling Nigerians that irrespective of the challenges and problems with Nigeria moving to an African country may not be the best. I’ve seen first hand how these African countries hate one another . The average Tanzanian hates the Kenyan. The average Ghanaian hates the Nigerian man. Same in South Africa and many others . In 2018 I was boarding an air France flight at Accra and they singled me out of the queue for secondary search because I held a Nigerian passport. Same thing happened in Dar Es Salaam in 2020. In Nairobi in 2020 the immigration officer spent all the time going through my passport pages and asking me all sorts of questions. Told him I was in transit to New York and wanted to have lunch in Nairobi with some friends before the New York flight. He only stopped when he saw the US visa page. In Banjul where I worked briefly on a project they saw me as coming to take their job yet the remote support I offered to the team was not working due to some knowledge gap hence necessitating my travel there to work for two months. In all the average Nigerian is more hardworking and tenacious than most of these people.
American and European societies are even more tolerant towards Africans despite their how Africans complain about racism

3 Likes

Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by kheny12(m): 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2021
abobote:
Anago, Côté D'Ivoire is like their second home, they feel at home here and speak the local languages
Are they all from Saki,Oyo state.And how do bus travelled from Saki to Abidjan.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by PoliteActivist: 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
abnot:

We keep telling Nigerians that irrespective of the challenges and problems with Nigeria moving to an African country may not be the best. I’ve seen first hand how these African countries hate one another . The average Tanzanian hates the Kenyan. The average Ghanaian hates the Nigerian man. Same in South Africa and many others . In 2018 I was boarding an air France flight at Accra and they singled me out of the queue for secondary search because I held a Nigerian passport. Same thing happened in Dar Es Salaam in 2020. In Nairobi in 2020 the immigration officer spent all the time going through my passport pages and asking me all sorts of questions. Told him I was in transit to New York and wanted to have lunch in Nairobi with some friends before the New York flight. He only stopped when he saw the US visa page. In Banjul where I worked briefly on a project they saw me as coming to take their job yet the remote support I offered to the team was not working due to some knowledge gap hence necessitating my travel there to work for two months. In all the average Nigerian is more hardworking and tenacious than most of these people.
American and European societies are even more tolerant towards Africans despite their how Africans complain about racism

It's because, rightly or wrongly, Nigerians are perceived as criminally very intelligent and very sharp. So u can't be too careful with them
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by abnot: 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2021
PoliteActivist:

It's because, rightly or wrongly, Nigerians are perceived as criminally very intelligent and very sharp. So u can't be too careful with them

We are a country of millions. I don't get this kind of treatment in USA, European cities and UAE. I only get it in African cities. Immigration in these countries look at passenger profile and make judgements based on that. What business is a Software Engineer in a global Comp likely to have with residing in Tanzania as an illegal immigrant ? Or what business does a start up driver going to make a presentation to known venture capitalists have with trafficking ? Or what is the likelihood of a commissioned soldier absconding to go and work with criminals in south africa ? These are the things the europeans look at and decide whether to question further or not. They don't dumbly see you with a green passport and assume that you may be a criminal and pick on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Wiseonetemmy(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
The sad thing is most of these african countries are the sizes of one or two villages in nigeria, and they dare to treat us like this?
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by akajos4real: 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
This is now a concern because she knows people in Government. How many Nigerians are wrongly imprisioned in different countries and nothing is done. Even to renew Passport outside of the country is WAHALA.
Well let them get this one out and see if others will receive same attention.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by danngnews: 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
post=100019186:

NOTHING!
Absolutely NOTHING!!

Asiri gbakaa ute 1 of Nairaland.

Ono nuno mara ihe azuru nahia
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by somboy2007: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Thank you Abike
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Kingstanding: 4:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Starzo:

I don't make conclusions based on emotions or sentiments. I'm more of a logical thinker.

Continue with ur tantrum throwing like a hormonal teenage girl
Idiot. Wasted generation
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Biyonce(f): 4:14pm On Mar 19, 2021
Our slow poison government should stop letting all these small nations disrespect us.

What nonsense
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2021
lekrich:
Is that what the news said
I am just looking at it from another perspective
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by doxijaw: 4:25pm On Mar 19, 2021
Yoruba women are daft, especially those from the villages who moved into big cities.

Na them you go find trapped in every inconceivable scenerio.

Illiteracy is a disease, ontop all the media sanitisation another dindunothing Yoruba woman is preparing for a journey into some crazy country.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Lovelyn451(f): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
OK...we've heard the tribalistic bigot omoluabi defending a fellow omoluabi side of the story, can we now hear from the cote d voire authorities and allow the court handle the case??
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by sweet16s: 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Starzo:
na lie... there's more to this story
police no fit just arrest you then give u 20yrs imprisonment if something nor really play for background

Read the full story and come back to change this
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by PoliteActivist: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2021
abnot:

We are a country of millions. I don't get this kind of treatment in USA, European cities and UAE. I only get it in African cities. Immigration in these countries look at passenger profile and make judgements based on that. What business is a Software Engineer in a global Comp likely to have with residing in Tanzania as an illegal immigrant ? Or what business does a start up driver going to make a presentation to known venture capitalists have with trafficking ? Or what is the likelihood of a commissioned soldier absconding to go and work with criminals in south africa ? These are the things the europeans look at and decide whether to question further or not. They don't dumbly see you with a green passport and assume that you may be a criminal and pick on you.

Actually this has been your own personal experience for whatever reason. I have traveled around just as much. In UK they once said their machine detected traces of cocaine! In US they once interrogated me for hours for no reason. While in Abidjan they did everything to get me to spend the night there after I missed my connecting flight - no question of visa. Abidjan felt like Naija in the 1960s. There is a reason Nigerians move to these countries.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
PoliteActivist:

Happens. Shit happens.
Thanks bra
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Cousin9999: 5:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
maziuwa:
What's her offense

Making good money.

A gang targeted her for burglary (and probably extortion), she reported them, so they used their corrupt resources in law enforcement to get fake charges put on her.

Nigerians are probably major targets for the simple fact that they come in with more money and earn more than the average person in Ivory Coast. Anyone going there needs to keep a low profile or just don't bother.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by tnerro1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2021
If I was president, this bad prosecutor that wrongly jailed this Nigerian will just be going home one day and would just fall of a bridge and never be seen again. What are our NIA operatives even doing self
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by DarkJeddi(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
As them call am Nigerian,I know say she no be Igbo..
To say na Igbo una for done mention her Grandmother's Town and where her Grandfather came from.. sad
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by oladipupo38880: 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
FOUR-ODD Available; PAYMENT AFTER WINNING#SEND ME A TEXT ON WHATS-APP.081 22 72 18 11LET'S WIN VERY BIG#
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Bornboy4: 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
Nigerians are always stigmatized abroad for the havoc some of them actually perpetrate.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by rhektor(m): 11:01pm On Mar 19, 2021
Starzo:
na lie... there's more to this story
police no fit just arrest you then give u 20yrs imprisonment if something nor really play for background

You should read this

https://www.nairaland.com/6460495/justiceforitunu-itunu-babalola-illegally-jailed
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by rhektor(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
Starzo:

I don't make conclusions based on emotions or sentiments. I'm more of a logical thinker.

Continue with ur tantrum throwing like a hormonal teenage girl

There's nothing logical about the silly conclusion you reached earlier
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by rhektor(m): 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
DarkJeddi:
As them call am Nigerian,I know say she no be Igbo..
To say na Igbo una for done mention her Grandmother's Town and where her Grandfather came from.. sad

You missed everything because hate has blinded your mind
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Cashify: 11:17pm On Mar 19, 2021
Why
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by DarkJeddi(m): 7:04am On Mar 20, 2021
rhektor:

You missed everything because hate has blinded your mind
Lol..
Tell that to Madam Abike Dabiri..
Let her tell us her tribe..
Oh..
I forgot that she has selective amnesia.. grin
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Starzo: 8:29am On Mar 20, 2021
rhektor:

There's nothing logical about the silly conclusion you reached earlier
Another one
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by Emmy000seun(m): 8:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Ride on pastor grin angry. We dey feel you
FalseProphet1:
I see more African countries treating Nigerians more terrible because charity they say begins at home. This I have seen.
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by sulaak(m): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2021
Starzo:

Another one

Starzo, you said that you are a logical thinker. Now what is the logical in sentencing someone to 20 years for human trafficking and in less than 1 year of the sentence reduce the sentence to 10 years.

When a sentence is reduce without an appeal than something logical ring in my head.

Reports indicate that the new Prosecutor assigned to the case has given assurances of a fair and unbiased review and retrial of the case to secure the release of Itunu Babalola. Reports also allegedly indicate that the former prosecutor in collaboration with the police twisted the case and accused Itunu Babalolo of human trafficking hence her conviction for 20yrs although the sentence was reduced to 10yrs from which she has served 2yrs so far
Re: Itunnu Babalola: Facts Of The Matter - NIDCOM by rhektor(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2021
DarkJeddi:
Lol..
Tell that to Madam Abike Dabiri..
Let her tell us her tribe..
Oh..
I forgot that she has selective amnesia.. grin

Like she tell you about these ones?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ilasamaja Bridge Is Dismantling (see PHOTO) / South African Wants To Live And Work In Lagos, Nigeria / Akwa Ibom Smart Airport Terminal Nears Completion (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.