Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Other Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Other Woman (734 Views)

11 Signs That Tell You That You Are 'the Other Woman' To Him / When Did We Become So Tolerant Of The Other Woman? / Why Do Women Get Mad At The "other Woman" Instead Of Their Cheating Bf/husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Other Woman by dealordea(m): 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2011
This question is primarily for the women, but I guess men can answer too. If you begin an affair with a married man and he leaves his wife for you, then how can you be sure he won't do the same thing to you? I saw a trailer for a movie coming out called The Other Woman. The main character starts sleeping with her boss and eventually he leaves his wife for her. Kinda sad that Hollywood thinks such a character would be worth watching. And in a weird case of life-imitating-art, the main character is played by an actress who's now engaged to a guy who left his live-in girlfriend of 3 years to be with her. I don't know if it's considered cheating if you leave someone for someone else, but at the very least, shouldn't it make you wonder if that person could do the same to you?
Re: The Other Woman by BABE3: 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2011
Pls are you sure "The other Woman" is a real movie, or a Hollywood movie?
Just asking. smiley
Re: The Other Woman by dealordea(m): 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
A real movie,
Re: The Other Woman by BABE3: 10:19pm On Apr 14, 2011
^^ Never mind, lemme just answer your question.

Yes, I wonder. smiley
Re: The Other Woman by HighChief4(m): 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2011
Why would you let a man leave his wife for you, that means you are telling God that he is not perfect by making them husband and wife in the first place
Re: The Other Woman by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 14, 2011
@poster
Leaving his wife is just the tip of the iceberg. Since he was cheating on his wife while married then he will clearly do the same thing when he finally moves in with this new damsel, who thinks she hit the jackpot.
Re: The Other Woman by MrsChima(f): 11:47pm On Apr 14, 2011
Right MBJ. I know women who have actually bragged about stealing husbands from other wives and then cried when the very same men dumped them for the younger chicks.

Karma is a biatch.
Re: The Other Woman by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 14, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Right MBJ. I know women who have actually bragged about stealing husbands from other wives and then cried when the very same men dumped them for the younger chicks.

Karma is a biatch.

Bullet! Bullet! tongue
Re: The Other Woman by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2011
@Mrs C
The problem is that many out there think that they are THE ONE and thus make that move, only to find out that they were just a mean to an end.

I know a gal who dated a married guy, he was so in love that he dumped his wife for this lady, only for her to turn around and dump him afterwards. Lol
Karma IS a biatch!
Re: The Other Woman by MrsChima(f): 12:01am On Apr 15, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Bullet! Bullet! tongue

Out of everything, I get a bullet? Rolling eyes tongue

MBJ,

He was suffering from the "Grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. He thought he found someone that was better and not knowing the 80% versus 20% rule applies even in relationships. People always looking for 100% in a person dying alone and old. But a sensible person would appreciate a 80% mate and tolerate the 20% lack of.

Sadly humans are overly greedy and MANY of them are lonely and jealous of other couples who are content with their 80%.
Re: The Other Woman by ShyOne(f): 1:19am On Apr 15, 2011
There are many women in the U.S. that love married men - and they don't want them leaving their wives.

They don't want them moving in with them, or falling in love with them.  They don't want nor do they desire a single man who is available.  To them dating a married man is a great alternative - they can have their cake and eat it too.

I know you guys realize that and if you don't there is a very large population of women who love - loving - other women's men.  They don't want the man to fall in love with them.  They don't want to cook, clean or care for that man or his kids.  They want his money and they don't want him sleeping over their home too long either.

They want the sex and money without the headache of any real relationship with him.  Many times the man falls in love with that type of woman and she will dump him and move on to another after he starts talking about leaving his wife.
Re: The Other Woman by iice(f): 4:28am On Apr 15, 2011
It's watchable because things like that happen in real life. Compared to the child molestation/rape and emotional/physical battery. . .i think it's pretty mild.

Mrs.Chima:

Sadly humans are overly greedy and MANY of them are lonely and jealous of other couples who are content with their 80%.

For real oo.
Re: The Other Woman by Blazay(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2011
I am neither the 'other woman' nor have 'other women' in my periphery when I go about my business. kiss
I don't acknowledge that she or they even exist.
When I am with ANY man. . . I only pay attention to MY affairs. . . ONLY! kiss

There is not ME vs THEM. . . and mos-def no ME vs HER. I don't do 'ngwo-gwo' soup romances. kiss

Sorry, I don't do men that keep 'harems' or act like "JEW-GUYS" or local, high-school popular "JINGOS" around desperate females. kiss

I may specialize in befriending "married" men only. . . .but I will never leave my husband for ANY man. . . !!!
I do not expect ANY man to leave his wife for moi!
Sorry. . . not that in lust or love!

Every barry carry im baggage I beg!
I just wanno 'sample' and move on!
Not the 'cherish' and 'hold' kind of person.

I may wanno 'do' other women's husband just like I would allow other women to 'do' my man.
But love has nothing to do with the price of oil in Kuwait!

"O Israel to thy tents!
Tell it not in Gath.
Proclaim it not in the streets of Ashkelon
Lest the daughters of the Philistines be glad
Lest the daughters of the uncircumcised rejoice."

Amen! kiss

(1) (Reply)

A Cure! / Jilted Lover Commits Suicide In Ondo. / Why Will An Engaged Lady Cheat Will A Married Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.