Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,023 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own (36430 Views)

Burnaboy says 'JayZ No Do Pass Like This' at Starboyfest (video) / #bbnaija: Mr P. Promises Tacha N60 Million Naira If She Don't Win - Jomotv / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by kriss27(m): 10:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
Beckysexy:
He's a good artist no doubt but he is not mature.
Are you on Twitter at all? Do you know how many times he was dragged then? What does maturity mean to you?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by kriss27(m): 10:41pm On Mar 22, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.
Bleep off bro, you are not God. He wears the shoe and knows where it is paining him
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by kriss27(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
[quote author=Myself2 post=100081124]Really ?

How many people even knew he was nominated for a grammy to have devoted time to pray against his winning ?

This dude better not go all out.sounding proud and pompous, there are people that have won up to 10 Grammies and they never talked this way[/quoteAre you on Twitter at all? Don’t say what you don’t know. I confirmed it
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by kriss27(m): 10:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
You only saw that one, but you didn’t see this one

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mykel51:

You can't tell me about Burna ... Like to Party, Tonight were hits in the country.... All eyes on me is the biggest SA Naija collaboration and the most awarded in African history...

Fela has children copying his style, why are they not as big as Burna ??

It's the Wild West...you get what you work for...

Burna boy got no where with his original style of music, till he changed his style and started sampling fela, sunny ade, featuring Nigerian artist like 2face , wizkid, timaya etc that was when he became known in the industry

I still repeat my point Nigerian musicians who came before burna laid the foundation both home and abroad he only built on it, he only came at the right time after other musicians before him worked to get Nigerian music recognized internationally

He worked hard for it, I'm not disputing that fact, but fact still remains, he only built on the foundation that was laid by those who came before him
Nigerian musicians were already winning international awards before he came, to proof Nigerian music already gained international recognition, burna came from behind to win the biggest of them

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 8:39am On Mar 23, 2021
jimyjames:

Burna boy got no where with his original style of music, till he changed his style and started sampling fela, sunny ade, featuring Nigerian artist like 2face , wizkid, timaya etc that was when he became known in the industry

I still repeat my point Nigerian musicians who came before burna laid the foundation both home and abroad he only built on it, he only came at the right time after other musicians before him worked to get Nigerian music recognized internationally

He worked hard for it, I'm not disputing that fact, but fact still remains, he only built on the foundation that was laid by those who came before him
Nigerian musicians were already winning international awards before he came, to proof Nigerian music already gained international recognition, burna came from behind to win the biggest of them

Burna is the First and the only Nigerian in history to have a debut album chart on the Billboard in 2013.

By 2015, he became the first Nigerian to sign an international deal with Universal Music...

You are saying nonsense... Btw the feature with 2face and Wiz was in 2013 on his debut album.

Your problem is ignorance. Burna worked his way to the top from scratch. He was blackballed in Nigeria. Restricted from performing in the UK till 2016.

You don't know Jack about him. Nobody paved nothing for him ❗
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 8:44am On Mar 23, 2021
Mykel51:

Burna is the First and the only Nigerian in history to have a debut album chart on the Billboard in 2013.

By 2015, he became the first Nigerian to sign an international deal with Universal Music...

You are saying nonsense... Btw the feature with 2face and Wiz was in 2013 on his debut album.

Your problem is ignorance. Burna worked his way to the top from scratch. He was blackballed in Nigeria. Restricted from performing in the UK till 2016.

You don't know Jack about him. Nobody paved nothing for him ❗
false information, I repeat those that came before burna laid the foundation he only built on it, simple
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2021
jimyjames:

false information, I repeat those that came before burna laid the foundation he only built on it, simple

False Information, I repeat nobody laid nothing for Burna. Tell them to go and lay foundation for Dammy Krane or Sean Tizzle grin cheesy grin

He worked hard to get here cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:27pm On Mar 23, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
Those unfortunate people that prayed he shouldn't win must have been disappointed, burna deserves whatever he has now, because he worked hard for it without anyone's support, hate him or not he won't stop thriving.

One of the unfortunate people.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:30pm On Mar 23, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

One of the unfortunate people that prayed for him not to win.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:31pm On Mar 23, 2021
Angelfrost:
I sense we will never hear the last of this Grammy win... Guy, move on already!

Do am if e easy.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2021
OBALOLA55:
angry

WHEN THIS BOY GO GET SENSE undecided

No be fools dey win Grammy, Na sense people dey win.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
Reex12:
burnaboy pride go increase×100

I dnt hear wizkid making noise o

Did wizkid win Grammy ? Please show us wizkid's own.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:35pm On Mar 23, 2021
Myself2:
Really ?

How many people even knew he was nominated for a grammy to have devoted time to pray against his winning ?

This dude better not go all out.sounding proud and pompous, there are people that have won up to 10 Grammies and they never talked this way

Example ?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:37pm On Mar 23, 2021
HBB1:

Burna has made better songs in the past, but what happened?

He has gotten better management then this happens.

All the collabos and American TV interviews were all priming him for this

So ogbeni should not start mouthing off as if na him do everything.

African Giant was a better piece than Twice as Tall, so...

Na your papa do am for burna ?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:38pm On Mar 23, 2021
MichaelSokoto:
dis one don start muumuu talk!
Plenty negativity & poverty mind!
Only u know ppl dat don't luv u.

Nigga can never be humble like Tubaba

undecided

Enjoy the biggest artist in Nigeria while you can

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:
E don start...cho cho cho...nobody wins grammy on their own...how is that even possible?

And if its talent dis guy no even reach KizzDaniel, Tekno or Flavor Nbania. So keep quite mumu.

Na Local Artist you mention so o. Burna is a global artist, not just your regular Nigerian artist.

Are you one of them ?

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
leo22:
No sir, you didn't do it on your OWN!
You have a whole generation of artists, producers, promoters, DJs, managers etc to thank.

Big shout out to Junior and pretty, Alex o, mike okri, De remedies, plantation bois, majek fashek, styl plus, tribes records, storm records, dove records, Kennis music and a lot more for paving the way for kids like burna boy and co.

How many of these people won the Grammy?
People that did not even pave way for their talent. Lol
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:

And don't forget Fela, whose music he basically copied, word for word, to get to the top. The guy is madt.

This is just the beginning bro. Your hate will last till the world comes to an end. grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2021
kayjay69:
This guy needs to shut the fc_uk up and move on abeg.
I salute his achievement but this braggado talk is just childish. You are not the only one to ever win a grammy, you may be the first Nigerian but there will be many. No idea is original, there's nothing new under the sun.

His winning a grammy this year is not only as a result of his hardwork, it is as a result of the foundation that has been laid out over the years, dating back to previous other Nigerian artistes.

One tree never makes a forest, Burnaboy needs to fall back and enjoy his time in the limelight while he he is here but he should also remember that nothing in this world lasts forever.

Do you feel like he was talking to you ?
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2021
JustCurious:

Stupid? It’s your perspective, bro.

The truth is that, the journey to the top would be easier if we have people who totally believe in us and support us.

In a system like ours, where “who you know determines your lot ” then, you don’t expect someone who struggled to get things done for himself by himself to have a different narration.

If you’ve ever been rejected several times with no assurance of glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps, you’d understand his viewpoint, better.

Amidst rejection and unfavorable atmosphere, it takes faith in God, perseverance, strong willed, doggedness to stay afloat.

I guess he had a very rough beginning, however, he never gave up on himself.

Imagine in 2013 when Sean tizzle won Burna boy for Next rated artist, 9 years later, where is Sean tizzle and look at Burna boy today.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 7:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
NwaIgboBoy:
Heaven is our best reward not grammy!!!!!

Your space for hell be like Allen Avenue.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by ikllbrokehoes(m): 7:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
candygist:

One of the unfortunate people.
He must be regretting it by now, haters!
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by foreshore(m): 7:55pm On Mar 23, 2021
candygist:

One of the unfortunate people that prayed for him not to win.

Obviously your brain needs a reset. I don't even know him.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2021
candygist:

Your space for hell be like Allen Avenue.
idiot, that's why they caught you last year sleeping with your mom.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 9:51pm On Mar 23, 2021
Mykel51:

False Information, I repeat nobody laid nothing for Burna. Tell them to go and lay foundation for Dammy Krane or Sean Tizzle grin cheesy grin

He worked hard to get here cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

as long as Nigerian music is concerned, those that came before burna laid the Nigerian music foundation he only built on it,

back then on every radio station, TV station, night clubs Barbers shops, the only music they played was American Hiphop, Jamaican reggae, makossa music, and some old highlife music,
there was nothing like afro Hiphop or anything new in Nigerian music , till young musicians like plantation Boyz , African China, p square, nigga raw danfo drivers the mo hit crew 9ice rugged man, da green sound Sultan etc changed the narrative,
where was burna boy from 1999 to 2010 when all these Nigerian musicians worked hard to put Nigerian music on the world map, ?
Nigerian music was recognized through them, that was when MTV had to create MTV base for African musicians, BET, Chanel O etc started playing Nigerian songs, Nigerian music dominated through them , American musicians started having concerts in Nigeria , burna boy was never during these period
burna boy wizkid davido tekno tiwa savage patoranking run Town etc are in the same category of the new musicians who built on the foundation that was already laid

there is nothing to debate on this
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2021
[quote author=jimyjames post=100151693]

as long as Nigerian music is concerned, those that came before burna laid the Nigerian music foundation he only built on it,

back then on every radio station, TV station, night clubs Barbers shops, the only music they played was American Hiphop, Jamaican reggae, makossa music, and some old highlife music,
there was nothing like afro Hiphop or anything new in Nigerian music , till young musicians like plantation Boyz , African China, p square, nigga raw danfo drivers the mo hit crew 9ice rugged man, da green sound Sultan etc changed the narrative,
were was burna boy from 1999 to 2010 when all these Nigerian musicians worked hard to put Nigerian music on the world map, ?
Nigerian music was recognized through them, that was when MTV had to create MTV base for African musicians, BET, Chanel O etc started playing Nigerian songs, Nigerian music dominated through them , American musicians started having concerts in Nigeria , burna boy was never during these period
burna boy wizkid davido tekno tiwa savage patoranking run Town etc are in the same category of the new musicians who built on the foundation that was already laid

there is nothing to debate on this [/quote

Some truth now... But what about Sean Tizzle and Dammy Krane ?

Whose foundation are they building on
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 10:14pm On Mar 23, 2021
[quote author=Mykel51 post=100152045][/quote]

Sean tizzle dammy krane or whoever they are, they are not the only failed musicians, many many musicians in the same category failed.
Burna boy, wizkid davido tekno tiwa savage patoranking run Town kiss Daniel etc succeeded
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Reex12(m): 8:22am On Mar 24, 2021
candygist:

Did wizkid win Grammy ? Please show us wizkid's own.
brownskin girl Ft. beyonce
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2021
jimyjames:

Sean tizzle dammy krane or whoever they are, they are not the only failed musicians, many many musicians in the same category failed.
Burna boy, wizkid davido tekno tiwa savage patoranking run Town kiss Daniel etc succeeded

They succeeded because of Grace and Talent...
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 9:13pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mykel51:

They succeeded because of Grace and Talent...

No they succeeded cause of hard work and talent

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by candygist: 10:40pm On Mar 24, 2021
Reex12:
brownskin girl Ft. beyonce

Who owns the song ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh finally eats the words she used years ago / Mosun Filani Is Smoking Hot In New Portraits (photos) / Halima Abubakar Celebrates Her 34th Birthday In See Through Black Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.