Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own (36436 Views)

Burnaboy says 'JayZ No Do Pass Like This' at Starboyfest (video) / #bbnaija: Mr P. Promises Tacha N60 Million Naira If She Don't Win - Jomotv / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by foreshore(m): 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Oyiboman69:
continue waiting for his downfall... He's talented and talent cannot be overshadowed....

Your statement shows your short sightedness. I do not wish his downfall but only said his action and utterance will lead to his downfall. Get that sense into your head.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by chuddyforlife(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

You are very dishonest. Stop foolin yourself here:

Outside, Bank on it are useless. Onyeka (even though is named after my sister) is trash. Wonderful and Remember Me is average. Dangote is good. Real Life sounds like UK hiphop. 23 another waste of time. Heaven's Gate also sounds like UK music. Monsters You made is a dark and useless song that sounds like American black panther hiphop. Where I'm from and Time Flies...crap and crap.

Only Dangote has any originality here. Timi Dakolo sings better songs that all the other rubbish you post here. You keep trying to push this fake narrative. Again, what is burna singing that we have not heard before? You burna boy d1ck riders need to be honest and stop exagerrating his abilities. It is embarrassing.

NOW I KNOW THAT YOU'RE A CAPITAL FOOL

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by chuddyforlife(m): 10:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:

Dishonest and Fake? But I’ve agreed with you na, Burna cannot sing. Tekno and 9ice will beat him in versus battle cheesy
What do you want again?
Ye is his biggest song (On The Low in the mud). If I say you don’t know what you’re talking about now, you’ll start lamenting again.
His level lies in the fact that he has a Grammy.

Drink water and rest abeg. No need to conversate further.

please dont mind that bastard....that don't know what good music is all about

how on earth will someone with good sence of humour be comparing the like of flavour,tekno,kizz Daniel and 9ice to almighty burna boy

only African giants album covers flavour,tekno,kizz Daniel and 9ice musical carrier's

not to talk of his winning twice as tall album

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2021
chuddyforlife:
NOW I KNOW THAT YOU'RE A CAPITAL FOOL

Look at this uncircumcised philistine you better go and investigate about me. I will wash you violently with no mercy.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by mechanics(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2021
He knows it was God that did it for him, that's good of him.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by chuddyforlife(m): 10:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Look at this uncircumcised philistine you better go and investigate about me. I will wash you violently with no mercy.

nagging
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
jimyjames:

burna boy didn't win the Grammy only on the account of this singular album remember he was nominated for Grammy previously on the other album and won other international awards in the past, that's not even the point the point is his style of music is heavily influenced by the great fela , and those that came before him, actually put Nigerian music on international recognition making it easy for musicians like him to be recognized quickly , he didn't lay the foundation from scratch

He is the first mainstream act in history to get nominated or win a GRAMMY... He told y'all last year... Nobody paved shit for him ❗

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 11:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
chuddyforlife:
nagging

Bia don't let me open your file...you will hate your experience here...I will make sure you suffer depression.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by chuddyforlife(m): 11:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Bia don't let me open your file...you will hate your experience here...I will make sure you suffer depression.

NAGGING AS I ALWAYS SAY
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 11:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Mykel51:

He is the first mainstream act in history to get nominated or win a GRAMMY... He told y'all last year... Nobody paved shit for him ❗

the fact still remains those that came before him, already made Nigerian music popular in the Western world before he came, big names like 2face , Dbanj, sound Sultan, p square , etc laid the foundation, his music career is not up to 10 yrs, he only built on the already recognized Nigerian music , he is just too proud to say nice things about Nigerian music in general, he came into the game at the height of Nigerian music international recognition

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by GodIsBiafran: 11:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
chuddyforlife:
NAGGING AS I ALWAYS SAY

Bia, mechionu dia! Before I use your empty skull drink akamu!
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by alexsoftwork(m): 11:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

You are mentally sick and you are stuupid.

He can preach on any topic just like you too can display your mental illness on any thread without anyone complaining.

Preaching is not meant for Christian threads alone and It is even more necessary on threads like this.
Next time you see his sermons and the demons in your in skull protesting, tell them to calm down, that it's all about Jesus. Because He alone can redeem the world.

U are a refund bastard.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by alexsoftwork(m): 11:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
Adebowalay:
u be foolish man

U are a useless dingbat.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by alexsoftwork(m): 12:01am On Mar 22, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

You are mentally sick and you are stuupid.

He can preach on any topic just like you too can display your mental illness on any thread without anyone complaining.

Preaching is not meant for Christian threads alone and It is even more necessary on threads like this.
Next time you see his sermons and the demons in your in skull protesting, tell them to calm down, that it's all about Jesus. Because He alone can redeem the world.

Be deceiving urself. God cannot be receive.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 12:08am On Mar 22, 2021
jimyjames:

the fact still remains those that came before him, already made Nigerian music popular in the Western world before he came, big names like 2face , Dbanj, sound Sultan, p square , etc laid the foundation, his music career is not up to 10 yrs, he only built on the already recognized Nigerian music , he is just too proud to say nice things about Nigerian music in general, he came into the game at the height of Nigerian music international recognition

The same Burna who started music in pH in 2011.... How old are you ?

He didn't come in at the height, he elevated the industry with his albums ❗

Why can't those people lay the foundation for people like Danny Krane or Sean Tizzle ?

Burna worked his way here... Nobody did shit for him ❗

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 1:04am On Mar 22, 2021
Mykel51:

The same Burna who started music in pH in 2011.... How old are you ?

He didn't come in at the height, he elevated the industry with his albums ❗

Why can't those people lay the foundation for people like Danny Krane or Sean Tizzle ?

Burna worked his way here... Nobody did shit for him ❗
I still stand by my point, Nigerian musicians that came before him cleared the land laid the foundation and burna boy built on it, he didn't build his own foundation, even his style of music is influenced by fela's music, his ever first album had features from 2face , wizkid and a host of other Nigerian musicians, he used to give fela credit initially till he became famous and proud
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Gandollaar(f): 1:47am On Mar 22, 2021
Emilokoiyawon:
E don start...cho cho cho...nobody wins grammy on their own...how is that even possible?

And if its talent dis guy no even reach KizzDaniel, Tekno or Flavor Nbania. So keep quite mumu.
Killing Dem pa is his only song I know. Dude is just like Femi kuti to me, just shouting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by deebrain(m): 1:52am On Mar 22, 2021
To be frank, true.

Maybe he is being too extreme but yes.

He just kept on improving in his art.

I started feeling his vibe from that single "Like to party".

Still love that song.

But our OAPs and Referees did not particularly see much as they were always hyping the big names during that era.

Then he starts getting African Recognition, then World recognition, and all of a sudden, everybody " supported " and loved Burna boy?!

Is it not the Burna Boy that was lambasted here and offline for dressing like Fela (in pant) while performing in an edition of Felabration years back? How come he is now the golden goose?

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DonKafra: 2:47am On Mar 22, 2021
You're a very foolish person.
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul not all these worldly gratifications that advances the devil ...

That is what will give HIM Joy...
That is what will make HIM Smile..
That is what will give HIM Glory..
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Oyiboman69: 6:27am On Mar 22, 2021
foreshore:

Your statement shows your short sightedness. I do not wish his downfall but only said his action and utterance will lead to his downfall. Get that sense into your head.
he's been saying that all along and he's soaring up to this height unless you've been paying attention...your statement lacks social decorum....
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2021
alexsoftwork:

U are a refund bastard.
Not everyone bears same name with your dad.
Son of Refund Bastard grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Dikaveli(m): 9:43am On Mar 22, 2021
This one wey puff daddy and top america artists dey bang for yansh just for Grammy dey talk say he won it on his own
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by foreshore(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2021
Oyiboman69:
he's been saying that all along and he's soaring up to this height unless you've been paying attention...your statement lacks social decorum....

Obviously you only intend to gain attention and not use your brain
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by realt007(m): 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
RichDad1:
Regardless, be humble.
It's very important to be �
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Myself2(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2021
jimmychang:

People knew abeg...are you on twitter ,did you see Davido's interview with Ebuka..He is saying the fucking truth but if you feel he is talking to you then he is talking to you grin grin....

Who is this uncouth nitwit ?

Go brush and bleach that foul language out of your stinking vocal orifice before coming to talk to me
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 3:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
jimyjames:

I still stand by my point, Nigerian musicians that came before him cleared the land laid the foundation and burna boy built on it, he didn't build his own foundation, even his style of music is influenced by fela's music, his ever first album had features from 2face , wizkid and a host of other Nigerian musicians, he used to give fela credit initially till he became famous and proud

Till he became famous and proud ?

Or till he was tired of the tears from people like you who say he is always sampling Fela ?

Now he has ditched Fela completely and you are pained

Nobody paved nothing for him... Go and pave for Sean Tizzle...

If e easy, everybody for de do am...
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
Mykel51:

Till he became famous and proud ?

Or till he was tired of the tears from people like you who say he is always sampling Fela ?

Now he has ditched Fela completely and you are pained

Nobody paved nothing for him... Go and pave for Sean Tizzle...

If e easy, everybody for de do am...
I'm not pained, there is nothing there to feel embittered about, I only pointed out that those who came before burna laid the Nigerian music foundation both home and abroad burna only built on it , and his style of music is still under the fela afro beat he hasn't ditched it completely like you said

go and listen to burna boys original style of music before he changed , songs like, ( all eyes on me) , (Like to party ) etc that was his original style , he was hanging out with South African artist and those songs got him no where till he switched afro beat
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimmychang: 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
Myself2:

Who is this uncouth nitwit ?

Go brush and bleach that foul language out of your stinking vocal orifice before coming to talk to me

Bla bla bla.yen yen yen!........E pain am grin grin grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by alexsoftwork(m): 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

Not everyone bears same name with your dad.
Son of Refund Bastard grin

Am so sorry for ur mum rotten pussy. grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Msquare24: 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
Celebrate your success. But never set it as your limit.
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2021
jimyjames:

I'm not pained, there is nothing there to feel embittered about, I only pointed out that those who came before burna laid the Nigerian music foundation both home and abroad burna only built on it , and his style of music is still under the fela afro beat he hasn't ditched it completely like you said

go and listen to burna boys original style of music before he changed , songs like, ( all eyes on me) , (Like to party ) etc that was his original style , he was hanging out with South African artist and those songs got him no where till he switched afro beat

You can't tell me about Burna ... Like to Party, Tonight were hits in the country.... All eyes on me is the biggest SA Naija collaboration and the most awarded in African history...

Fela has children copying his style, why are they not as big as Burna ??

It's the Wild West...you get what you work for...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rita Dominic With Mr. Ibu At Ita-giwa's 70th Birthday / Meghan Markle And Her Growing Pregnant Bump / Ebube Nwagbo Slays In Camo Bum Shorts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.