Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own (36431 Views)

Burnaboy says 'JayZ No Do Pass Like This' at Starboyfest (video) / #bbnaija: Mr P. Promises Tacha N60 Million Naira If She Don't Win - Jomotv / Seun Kuti And His Partner, Yeide At The Grammy's Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Christianokaro(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of hia fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

As per say na you dey determine who go continue to succeed and who go fail abi? �

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Y'all should shut the bleep up and stop shouting "He's immature" "He needs to be humble"... Bla bla bla....

Burna is nobody's mate!. He made it on his own and he doesn't give a bleep about anybody's opinion on his career!.

Y'all keep wailing "He's arrogant" "He'll soon fall" but yet He came back TWICE AS TALL Globally

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by foreshore(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Christianokaro:

As per say na you dey determine who go continue to succeed and who go fail abi? �

Obviously you don't understand the import of the statement, cos if you do, you will agree with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Ovo04(m): 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul ..
That is what will give HIM Joy...
That is what will make HIM Smile..
That is what will give HIM Glory..

Try be more active in the religious section.
Understand yourself first. You are among the people burna is talking about

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Gynn: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
I didn't read this post. But when I first listened to hisTwice As Tall song I immediately liked his confidence.

The song gave me goose bumps

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by leo22(m): 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
No sir, you didn't do it on your OWN!
You have a whole generation of artists, producers, promoters, DJs, managers etc to thank.

Big shout out to Junior and pretty, Alex o, mike okri, De remedies, plantation bois, majek fashek, styl plus, tribes records, storm records, dove records, Kennis music and a lot more for paving the way for kids like burna boy and co.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimmychang: 5:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jerryherd:

And did I say it would

Nobody cares Baba ...
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
kendrick93:
TBH burna boy did it on his own,
It was his hard work, persistent and talent that got him to be nominated and even when he lost out, he came back even stronger the following year despite nay-sayers predicted he won't be near a nomination list after his loss to Angelique kidjo.
With All that said, despite his Grammy win,. Tuface Idibia still remains my undisputed GOAT in the afrobeats/pop genre..
Special mentions to psquare, Wizkid, & D'banj..
Remove psquare. Most of their songs are not original compositions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
Somehow I like some strange things about him,I hate people who follow the crowd or act in a way to be accepted by everyone, he's a real man and doing his thing alone,such men go far in life.I also like how he loves his family and carrying them along

Most Nigerian men follow the crowd that is why they dont go far in life.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Jerryherd: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
jimmychang:

Nobody cares Baba ...

Then why qoute me?

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by chatinent: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Bro Burna what The LORD GOD is interested in is in the Salvation of your Soul ..
That is what will give HIM Joy...
That is what will make HIM Smile..
That is what will give HIM Glory..

Bro Burna?

The hustle for those seeking prayers and prayer points is real!
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by greggng: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Burna boy go choke some people wey hate him .this is just the beginning ...he is all round talented ....

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by DrayZee: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:
Y'all should shut the bleep up and stop shouting "He's immature" "He needs to be humble"... Bla bla bla....

Burna is nobody's mate!. He made it on his own and he doesn't give a bleep about anybody's opinion on his career!.

Y'all keep wailing "He's arrogant" "He'll soon fall" but yet He came back TWICE AS TALL Globally

You dey mind Nigerians and their stupid love for false humility?
They want him to act as if he didn't write the songs on his own...
when he was still underrated and said he'd win the Grammy, it was just insults that Nigerians had for him...
when African Giant lost at the Grammy's, His fellow Nigerians were celebrating...why?...because he's going to be proud.
It has now become a taboo for one to be proud of his own work?
Now he's finally won and these idiot.s want to tell him how to celebrate his own win.

He said he did it on his own and that is exactly what happened. To helll with all you haters. You can all choke on your worthless opinions.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Emilokoiyawon: 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
leo22:
No sir, you didn't do it on your OWN!
You have a whole generation of artists, producers, promoters, DJs, managers etc to thank.
Big shout out to Junior and pretty, Alex o, mike okri, De remedies, plantation bois, majek fashek, styl plus, tribes records, storm records, dove records, Kennis music and a lot more for paving the way for kids like burna boy and co.

And don't forget Fela, whose music he basically copied, word for word, to get to the top. The guy is madt.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by SmartPolician: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
Somehow I like some strange things about him,I hate people who follow the crowd or act in a way to be accepted by everyone, he's a real man and doing his thing alone,such men go far in life.I also like how he loves his family and carrying them along

Everyone likes and wants to identify with successful people, and you are no exception.

BTW, have you visited Ned Nwoko yet? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Bmuhd4smile: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

He is actually referring to people like you. Which beginning of his fall; imagine ordinary headies didn't give him any award atleast to buttress is chance of winning grammy since he has been nominated and it's something that will uplift nigeria music as a whole. So he is right when he said he did it alone.

3 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by gosmoney(m): 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Shut up. It is not all topics u jump into, some are not of ur business, u always on point on some topics, while some, u sounded religiously ridiculous.

Focus on your part bro.
waitin come be ur own there too

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by kayjay69(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
This guy needs to shut the fc_uk up and move on abeg.
I salute his achievement but this braggado talk is just childish. You are not the only one to ever win a grammy, you may be the first Nigerian but there will be many. No idea is original, there's nothing new under the sun.

His winning a grammy this year is not only as a result of his hardwork, it is as a result of the foundation that has been laid out over the years, dating back to previous other Nigerian artistes.

One tree never makes a forest, Burnaboy needs to fall back and enjoy his time in the limelight while he he is here but he should also remember that nothing in this world lasts forever.

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
SmartPolician:

Everyone likes and wants to identify with successful people, and you are no exception.

BTW, have you visited Ned Nwoko yet? undecided undecided
lol I'm still looking for that filmsy escused reason to visit him soon
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MichaelSokoto(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
MufasaLion:

kpele!
grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2021
alexsoftwork:

Shut up. It is not all topics u jump into, some are not of ur business, u always on point on some topics, while some, u sounded religiously ridiculous.

Focus on your part bro.

You are mentally sick and you are stuupid.

He can preach on any topic just like you too can display your mental illness on any thread without anyone complaining.

Preaching is not meant for Christian threads alone and It is even more necessary on threads like this.
Next time you see his sermons and the demons in your in skull protesting, tell them to calm down, that it's all about Jesus. Because He alone can redeem the world.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Jerryherd:
This guy disgusts me

Eat a cock...
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by JustCurious: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of hia fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

Stupid? It’s your perspective, bro.

The truth is that, the journey to the top would be easier if we have people who totally believe in us and support us.

In a system like ours, where “who you know determines your lot ” then, you don’t expect someone who struggled to get things done for himself by himself to have a different narration.

If you’ve ever been rejected several times with no assurance of glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps, you’d understand his viewpoint, better.

Amidst rejection and unfavorable atmosphere, it takes faith in God, perseverance, strong willed, doggedness to stay afloat.

I guess he had a very rough beginning, however, he never gave up on himself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by jimyjames(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
truth is a lot of Nigerian musicians that came before Burna boy actually cleared the land laid the foundation and burna only built on it,

he samples Fela's beats and songs a lot, I will say if fela's kids had worked as hard as Bob Marley's kids worked to fellow their fathers footsteps, they could have won multiple Grammys by now just like Bob Marley's kids

burna boys mom and grand father who both worked with fela contributed a lot to burna boys success

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
kayjay69:
This guy needs shut the fc_uk up and move on abeg.
I salute his achievement but this braggado talk is just childish. You are not the only one to ever win a grammy, you may be the first Nigerian but there will be many. No idea is original, there's nothing new under the sun.

His winning a grammy this year is not only as a result of his hardwork, it is as a result of the foundation that has been laid out over the years, dating back to Fela's initial grammy nomination.

One tree never makes a forest, Burnaboy needs to fall back and enjoy his time in the limelight while he he is here but he should also remember that nothing in this world lasts forever.

Complete bollocks ❗❗

Fela does not have a single GRAMMY nomination.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
foreshore:

This statement is the beginning of his fall. He didn't need to say the stupid things he said.

LMAO.... Same ole be since 2012... Go and push him down... grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrayZee:

You dey mind Nigerians and their stupid love for false humility?
They want him to actas if he didn't write the songs on his own...when he was still underrated and said he'd win the Grammy, it was just insults that Nigerians had for him...when African Giant lost at the Grammy's, they came toinsult him again.
Now he's finally won and these idiot.s want to tell him how to celebrate him win

Bleep 'em all haters bruv!. Burna Boy that they didn't accept and they didn't even want back then. Nigga kept on pushing without 'em. Most Nigerians never listened to the Niggas songs back then until lately that they realized he's on the path to greatness. Now they want him to bow down and be dedicating his success to 'em. Really?.

Meanwhile some of these people stopped talking to their various family members that didn't support them while in school. Bunch of hypocrites!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Mykel51(m): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
jimyjames:
truth is a lot of Nigerian musicians that came before Burna boy actually cleared the land laid the foundation and burna only built on it,

he samples Fela's beats and songs a lot, I will say if fela's kids had worked as hard as Bob Marley's kids worked to fellow their fathers footsteps, they could have won multiple Grammys by now just like Bob Marley's kids

burna boys mom and grand father who both worked with fela contributed a lot to burna boys success

There is NOT A SINGLE FELA sample on his Album that won a GRAMMY grin
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by MufasaLion: 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
[quote author=MichaelSokoto post=100081561][/quote]

undecided
Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Ganjafama(m): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
He's no doubt very talented, but he looks dirty. See his armpit. He can't even shave and look good.

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Beremx(f): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
This one won’t let us hear word.

Mtscheeew

1 Like

Re: 'Many Prayed That I Don't Win - Burnaboy Says He Won The Grammy On His Own by Ijawblooded: 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
For a long Burna was under rated, same way Patoranking is under rated. He refused to be boxed. Spoke out, when awards organizers sidelined him. Worked and push hard... And voila a golden gramophone is on the shelf. #odogwu

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mosun Filani Is Smoking Hot In New Portraits (photos) / Halima Abubakar Celebrates Her 34th Birthday In See Through Black Dress / Rita Dominic With Mr. Ibu At Ita-giwa's 70th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.