Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,511 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (52165 Views)

Family Members Of Asoma Banda Clash Over His Wealth In Hospital / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by DonCandido(f): 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2021
benjackugo:
Sex therapist, Angela Nwosu has given her opinion on why family members of some rich people are poor, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to her Facebook page, she wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/845291392244249/posts/3529596767147018/?app=fbl

This is pure ranting. Somebody moved her cheese.

Come o, are we now allowed to rant on Nairaland over nothing?

Has Nairaland become a ranting EXPRESS and HQ all in one?
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by joxhmaniac: 6:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
sorry for posting this here...my mum was clearing a little bush this morning beside our house and she stepped on nail..she av used hot stone and thick cloth on it but she's still feeling d pain,i went to d chemist and i was given a drug to buy which was worth #1500 am just an ND2 student and am d only son...please anybody that can help i'll like to get d drug at least tomorrow morning..,unity bank 0 0 4 7 4 5 5 1 9 7
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
BinamRex:
This post is partly true. I have seen rich people who don't care about their immediate family members. I have seen rich people who are generous to people they are not related to, but stingy to their family members. I have seen rich people who wouldn't give their siblings money to establish a business because they don't want them to rise.

For a long time,my elder brother wouldn't assist any of us because he wanted to be the only successful one in the family. He wanted us to literally kiss his ass, but we chose to avoid him than worship him.

this your experience is very much in most african societies and communities, and is part of the reason why the Nigerian diaspora is still at mediocre level compared to other nationalities.......the typical africans would contribute money if you fall sick or they're doing burial or wedding anything as long as that money would not advance your life and stop you from asking for help from them.

6 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by PAWG(m): 6:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
I swear I can relate but poor people will still argue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Viktorinox2(m): 6:53pm On Mar 21, 2021
MrIcredible:
This local ogbaje chicken too don turn motivational speaker grin

digital ogbanje don't insult my mummy

2 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by ekestic1976(f): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ekakamba:
Hustle oooo....

A time will come (if it hasn't) when your siblings (or you) will absolutely concentrate on their family (especially children) not their adult siblings.

Don't misunderstand me.

grin tongue
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Commanderinpips: 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Na wetin make me fail waec.. any question wey just dey lengthy a bit I dey skip am..

Anyway, I agree with her.. I know a guy that plays football professionally like he has played in Europe, Saudi Arabia and still playing at a club somewhere.. I have seen some of his post with big names training together and this guy own big big properties here in Nigeria.. I still wonder what kinda of brother he is when I see his younger brother on the street...

But one thing I'd suggest is when you make money.. instead of handing them cash to lavish or waiting for them to tell you about their business idea.. I'd rather you open businesses and make them managers, supervisors etc just engage them

Bros I disagree with your point in your last paragraph. Asking Somebody who can not manage money to manage a business is a disaster waiting to happen.

11 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Heterodox(m): 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
Family over anything. Whether they're lazy or not is out of the question.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Ganjafama(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Very wrong talk! I have a cousin whose husband is one the richest in my state. He can connect you to a job with just a phone call. Plus he is on first name terms with the state governor. He has empowered his own siblings and they are all doing well. But my cousin has refused helping her own people If we see her anywhere she always puts up this kind of "I am bigger than you" attitude. This is somebody that we grew up together, ate together and went to the same primary and secondary school. For now we've let her be. Na God dey raise person up.

6 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by honestivo(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Mcslize: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Na wetin make me fail waec.. any question wey just dey lengthy a bit I dey skip am..

Anyway, I agree with her.. I know a guy that plays football professionally like he has played in Europe, Saudi Arabia and still playing at a club somewhere.. I have seen some of his post with big names training together and this guy own big big properties here in Nigeria.. I still wonder what kinda of brother he is when I see his younger brother on the street...

But one thing I'd suggest is when you make money.. instead of handing them cash to lavish or waiting for them to tell you about their business idea.. I'd rather you open businesses and make them managers, supervisors etc just engage them

If you read the post very well, you saw where she said you can force a horse to the river but cannot force it to drink water.

What if the person refuses to be responsible to work? Will you as a brother force him to do that? Do you know there are people who are just comfortable being beggars and not wanting to do anything for themselves even if you choose to help them with money? They will squander it and come back to you for more.

You can't change those type of people or help them to be rich no matter how you try.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by CrazyMan(m): 7:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:

This one is worse than giving them money. They'll run down the business without a second thought.

A friend on mine did something similar to his lazy elder brother, he got a warehouse at main market (Onitsha) and began importing electronics, and made him (the brother) the manager. Do you know that his lazy elder brother squandered both capital and profit on women despite being married and other lavish lifestyle. Today the business is dead and buried, and this same elder is still insulting his hardworking younger brother for not assisting him whenever he request for help.

I've learnt one thing in life...don't be too quick to display your success to your family members. Especially the extended ones, cos the lazy ones amongst them will see it as an opportunity to cash out. Just maintain the average live standard and keep them at arm's length.

You can relate with the hardworking ones who are recording similar success with you for ideas and encouragements, but stay far from the lazy ones. Cos even if you give them dangote's refinery to manage, they'll run it down, and still find a way to blame you when you ghost them.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Amumaigwe: 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
I cannot be stinkingly rich, as in a multi-billionaire and have poor family members.

Low budget Inspirational abi na motivational speaker

Become a billionaire first so you don't argue from point of ignorance.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Jaqenhghar: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:

They will run whatever you set up to the ground. E be like say you no know relatives.

9 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by DSC7: 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2021
pozehnani:
How about employing them to work and earn the money instead of giving them handdowns since you feel they'll won't be prudent with it?

Everybody just wants to trend.

We have heard you.

Even when i volunteered to work for my brother for a year with 30k salary monthly las las na story upon story despite the fact that i was still the one feeding the family but saving the 30k with them...When time reached to collect my money i had to still work for anoda 6months due to incessant procrastinating...Las las i left with the feeling that nobody cares...Some rich family members will prefer helping outsiders than their blood relatives..But God dey.....

3 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by constyo: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
It's good to help your siblings when you have the money at least don't let the gap between you and then to be too much. Try and establish and fix them somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by DrBrainstorm(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
Amumaigwe:

Become a billionaire first so you don't argue from point of ignorance.
And I presume you are not arguing from a point of ignorance because you must be a billionaire
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ekakamba:
Hustle oooo....

A time will come (if it hasn't) when your siblings (or you) will absolutely concentrate on their family (especially children) not their adult siblings.

Don't misunderstand me.

grin tongue

True that moment would eventually come especially with the females, imagine an outsider all in the name of marriage telling ur own sister that she can't see u!!!!! Or that she has to take permission from him before she meets u!!!! That moment is scary, but me for one won't place my own wife & children necessarily above my siblings, I would help when absolutely necessary!
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Elsueno: 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
Well, if I am as wealthy as Dangote. which I will even be better than in a few years.

My parents, siblings will FREAKING ENJOY LIFE jare grin grin

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by cococandy(f): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Cue the entitled folks and those who lack understanding

3 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Igwe29(m): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by JeffDWalter: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
D6thSense:
If this advice was coming from someone who made it from clean ventures or by God's mercy, I will gladly take it but not one who made a path with the DEVIL to get wealth.

Talk is cheap and motivations are often from a speaker or writer's perspective of life but the word of God remains the standard for life and living.

'Give, and it shall be given to you; good measure, pressed, and shaken, and running over, they shall give into your bosom; for with that measure with which ye measure, it shall be measured to you again.'. Luke 6:38

I had to deactivate my WhatsApp and up until this moment, I am not on WhatsApp due to pressure from family and friends who think that once you leave Nigeria, you begin to swim in ocean of money. I strive so hard in another man's land, send them money. Instead of using the money for something productive, they useless it, as if that is not enough, they would go and tell more family members and more friends as the case may be. On daily basis, I receive nothing less than five account numbers and request for money.

A friend was asking for 350k to pay for rent in Gwarimpa when he is not working. Another friend wants to marry and is demanding for 500k, after giving him 150k for rent. My siblings all stopped working because "brother dey abroad".

If you keep sending them money, you are enabling their laziness.

They have my phone number, but since I deactivated my WhatsApp, NO ONE has called, of course it would be too expensive for them.

Bros, pray make you jam some kind family members and friends wey them the address for this topic. Nothing seems to be enough, nothing! Give them 500k today, tomorrow they will come back with 1million naira request, just turn them down and they will write a very lengthy goodbye message and end it with, "I will never ask you for money again".

A friend of mine whom I know that his dad does not joke with education, asked me for rent for his apartment in school, I thought, well, things may be difficult for his dad, I sent him the money. The following week, he was back, asking for school fees this time. What would you do? Still "give" according to you?

I have to stay away from them for now and focus on my parents and my immediate family before I lost my sanity. It is so frustrating.

I sent my cousin money to rent shop for himself, he used it and gamble. Now, I vowed never to send him money again. So if he remains poor, I am to blame right?

I just don't want to go on. Because the list long die.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2021
flemsy15:
But it still baffles me how someone can be very close to a rich person and instead of asking the person to show u way make u too dey alright, u dey ask am "anything for d boys?, bottle Ur guys naaa, I go like chop fish for Ur hand one of dis weekends, etc"

But a little correction to what she said, some rich men prefer to help u with small small money than teach u d way, once u tell them to teach u d way or help u start up something, wahala don dey. Some want to be the richest in their family.

True
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Enculer: 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
kingthreat:
Bullshit.
God places some certain people in certain families to lift them up.
When you see yourself in that shoe, don't hesitate to do the right thing. Take your family into happiness. Let the grace around you spread to them.
Linda Ikeji did it and is not complaining
Don Jazzy did it and is not complaining
Dbanj, Tuface, Otedola, Adenuga, Adelekes, Dafinones, Murray-Bruces, etc all did it. That is how it is all over the world.
Only greedy people with vendetta against their families will rather help strangers than their blood.

Lazy person.

3 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Ibfpleasant(m): 7:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Bornsinner7:

never make a mistake of handling your business to your siblings or relatives, you will end up being a loser.. they will never take that business serious and feel so comfortable even if business is going bad.. you hear after all it’s my brother business, he won’t arrest me and won’t ask me to account for anything.. aside that, what if they lacks business orientation?

9 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by EgunMogaji2: 7:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
benjackugo:
Sex therapist, Angela Nwosu has given her opinion on why family members of some rich people are poor, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to her Facebook page, she wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/845291392244249/posts/3529596767147018/?app=fbl

Complete BS.

If I’m rich then my brothers and sisters will live a very good life.

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by EgunMogaji2: 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
[quote author=kingthreat post=100083262]Bullshit.
God places some certain people in certain families to lift them up.
When you see yourself in that shoe, don't hesitate to do the right thing. Take your family into happiness. Let the grace around you spread to them.
Linda Ikeji did it and is not complaining
Don Jazzy did it and is not complaining
Dbanj, Tuface, Otedola, Adenuga, Adelekes, Dafinones, Murray-Bruces, etc all did it. That is how it is all over the world.
Only greedy people with vendetta against their families will rather help strangers than their blood. [/quote

I agree.

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by BinamRex: 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:

this your experience is very much in most african societies and communities, and is part of the reason why the Nigerian diaspora is still at mediocre level compared to other nationalities.......the typical africans would contribute money if you fall sick or they're doing burial or wedding anything as long as that money would not advance your life and stop you from asking for help from them.

You just hit the nail on the head. I couldn't have said it any better. A black man would rather keep his siblings in a perpetual state of poverty than assist them to be financially independent. Their fear is that if they assist their siblings to gain financial independence, there won't be anyone to send on errands. And they also fear that their siblings would begin to rub shoulders with them.

African parents are also to blame. The most successful child becomes the favourite even if he/she is the youngest. If my parents accord me respect and affection because of my financial status, won't I be tempted to prevent my other siblings from rising so I won't have to share my parents respect and adoration?

4 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by lolu2019: 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Help them first,make we c.the best thing in life is self reliance.stop depending on any family or any one.thinking that u av a family out there make u relax and unproductive. ask God to open ur eyes so that u can see.be good to people. u don't know where help can come from.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by 01DavidMoses(m): 7:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
[quote author=benjackugo post=100070543] You have said it all, any body wey get� ear
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by BinamRex: 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
DSC7:

That's just my case presently,story upon stories so many business ideas but he prefer me to be under him and unfortunately time no dey again...I will surely breakthrough it's just matter of time..

Nobody that knows him even want to help me out cos he have all the time in the world to bad mouth me... Thank God i hv left and started with the little i have though it ain't easy but i believe one day every where go soft...

So help me God...

God will see you through bro. Be steadfast in what you do, and always commit your dealings in God's hands.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by PlainSight(m): 7:15pm On Mar 21, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
I cannot be stinkingly rich, as in a multi-billionaire and have poor family members.

Low budget Inspirational abi na motivational speaker
It's a FUCKIING ABOMINATION..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of A Husband Backing His Plus-Sized Wife Through Pains / SEE HOW I COLLECTED MY OWN ONE BAG OF RICE!! PICS. / This Baby Face Something Is Not Working For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.