Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,075 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (52169 Views)

Family Members Of Asoma Banda Clash Over His Wealth In Hospital / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Johnwick64: 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
wait u guys supporting not helping your family members are your talking of cousins, uncle, brother in law because I cannot wrap my head around it if it's ur immediate siblings (same father and mother) u r talking about.Its like most of you were raised far away from each other.I can't be Happy if I have every money in the world ND my bro and sis r not ok financially.Even if they are leeches,I go try change dem o because as I dey na only my siblings I know I can't even recognize any of my cousins or so.

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by kenfarm(m): 11:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
Supported
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:13am On Mar 22, 2021
Bornsinner7:
Na wetin make me fail waec.. any question wey just dey lengthy a bit I dey skip am..

Anyway, I agree with her.. I know a guy that plays football professionally like he has played in Europe, Saudi Arabia and still playing at a club somewhere.. I have seen some of his post with big names training together and this guy own big big properties here in Nigeria.. I still wonder what kinda of brother he is when I see his younger brother on the street...

But one thing I'd suggest is when you make money.. instead of handing them cash to lavish or waiting for them to tell you about their business idea.. I'd rather you open businesses and make them managers, supervisors etc just engage them

You are getting it all wrong. If he or she has no managerial experience or capabilities or the drive or the fighting spirit or the discipline that moulds a good manager, etc, making them managers is gonna spell doom for you and your business.

I know a man who is now about 70 years. He is lonely and miserable all because of what he did when he was in London. His brother who sent him to London to manage one of his businesses in Liverpool found out later that he was mismanaging the business with reckless abandon. The man was busy squandering the proceeds of the business on white thots. When the elder brother who made him the manager heard about this, he traveled all the way from Dallas in USA and came with paid thugs to kill this man, not minding that he is his brother. It took the intervention of their mum who begged and cried for him to spare this man but let nemesis deal with him. The elder brother finally sent him packing and disowned him as his brother. The events that played out led to his deportation to Nigeria.

Whenever I remember this man, I know that some people can't be helped by just being given money to. They will only drag you down to square one if care is not taken. cool

2 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by calcal: 12:53am On Mar 22, 2021
The world economy is not designed for everyone to be rich, we have to understand this and that's why sometimes we don't need to push too hard.

For those beggers help with peanuts because giving them big money won't make them rich but with peanuts, some will think of how to multiply it.

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 22, 2021
Go and do likewise.

Bornsinner7:
Na wetin make me fail waec.. any question wey just dey lengthy a bit I dey skip am..

Anyway, I agree with her.. I know a guy that plays football professionally like he has played in Europe, Saudi Arabia and still playing at a club somewhere.. I have seen some of his post with big names training together and this guy own big big properties here in Nigeria.. I still wonder what kinda of brother he is when I see his younger brother on the street...

But one thing I'd suggest is when you make money.. instead of handing them cash to lavish or waiting for them to tell you about their business idea.. I'd rather you open businesses and make them managers, supervisors etc just engage them
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Jelzin2412(m): 2:27am On Mar 22, 2021
This is my mantra and I have long made peace with critiques. I can't work my butt off day and night and have you squander my sweat just cos you are my sibling. Same God created the westerners and us and I see the way they live their lives.

Nobody should be entitled to another's sweat. Bring up ideas, be willing to engage and have vision, otherwise I would be more than willing to help a total stranger who will make me appreciate the rudiments of my help by making their lives better.

Anybody can say anything they want but I'm not pertubed anymore. To each his own...

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Jelzin2412(m): 2:28am On Mar 22, 2021
BLoomfrancs:

You are getting it all wrong. If he or she has no managerial experience or capabilities or the drive or the fighting spirit or the discipline that moulds a good manager, etc, making them managers is gonna spell doom for you and your business.

I know a man who is now about 70 years. He is lonely and miserable all because of what he did when he was in London. His brother who sent him to London to manage one of his businesses in Liverpool found out later that he was mismanaging the business with reckless abandon. The man was busy squandering the proceeds of the business on white thots. When the elder brother who made him the manager heard about this, he traveled all the way from Dallas in USA and came with paid thugs to kill this man, not minding that he is his brother. It took the intervention of their mum who begged and cried for him to spare this man but let nemesis deal with him. The elder brother finally sent him packing and disowned him as his brother. The events that played out led to his deportation to Nigeria.

Whenever I remember this man, I know that some people can't be helped by just being given money to. They will only drag you down to square one if care is not taken. cool

Please tell him...
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by DonKafra: 2:30am On Mar 22, 2021
If you open business for a fool, the fool will still waste it because he's foolish. Do not waste your money on people that do nothing, they will not bring anything of value to you.

Bornsinner7:

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by ubola: 3:12am On Mar 22, 2021
Bornsinner7:

It doesn't follow, most will end up embezzling the funds and still feel entitled. By the time the brother kicks them out they'll say he's not done anything for them.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Midas01: 3:49am On Mar 22, 2021
Shut up , mumu. It's only to blame women you foolish Nigerian men know.
Highman1900:
most of the reach people didn't care about their family, and the problem arouse from their wife that doesn't know the background of the family.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by salt1: 6:31am On Mar 22, 2021
Nemesis0147:
There is a kind of money you will be pumping to your sibling or a way that you will establish the person that the he/she won’t have any choice than to be successful.
a guy in my hometown Opened a building material shop for his brother worth 20M and still gave Him 10m cash with a car and well furnished apartment.
How that one wan take they useless?
THE MONEY NEVER COME!!

Why don't I have such a brother?
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by salt1: 6:39am On Mar 22, 2021
tumababa:

Wait till you hear the same people u give that money without giving them a tangible business to do, tell people u used them for money ritual thats why they dont have money.

So true! I have the experience.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Ferdinandu(m): 6:48am On Mar 22, 2021
benjackugo:
Sex therapist, Angela Nwosu has given her opinion on why family members of some rich people are poor, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to her Facebook page, she wrote;

https://www.facebook.com/845291392244249/posts/3529596767147018/?app=fbl
I saw the stupid comments of most people. Most Nigerians will die of entitlement mentality. When Buhari said Nigerian youths are lazy they all crucified him but he is not far from the truth.Nigeria has oil so we are not supposed to be working, My brother, Uncle, Aunty is the commissioner, Senator, House member so I am not supposed to work,that is average Nigerian mentality for you. If you have never been in a position where you are the one everyone in your family depended on then you can never understand this her write up. The frustration of foregoing your own plans because you want to help a family member especially the ones you know they are not doing anything for themselves to lift themselves out of poverty mentality

3 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by dhabeautyjas(f): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2021
Bornsinner7:

This is very dangerous as most entitled people will only ruin the biz and expect you to still bring more money. At this time, parents will come in and start begging you. Its better, give once and take ur face away. Never let anyone emotionally blackmail you
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Rupertek: 7:25am On Mar 22, 2021
[That your own idea is the worst anybody can embark on. Someond that is playing football only have ideas of football business.
Siblings don't work together, especially igbos. Will you be paying them salaries or what? You being thier boss?
You will be creating foundation for very bitter family feud.

quote author=Bornsinner7 post=100070695]Na wetin make me fail waec.. any question wey just dey lengthy a bit I dey skip am..

But one thing I'd suggest is when you make money.. instead of handing them cash to lavish or waiting for them to tell you about their business idea.. I'd rather you open businesses and make them managers, supervisors etc just engage them [/quote]
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Rupertek: 7:36am On Mar 22, 2021
[ The Richest in the family, thats the mentality of the poor. There is no post called the Richest and there is no way to determine who is the richest anyway.
About that your claim of refusal to show you the way, problem is that you want the way to be as rich as him, but there is no way to that. He got rich from many years of service and experience, you are not prepared to go through all that.
Uou just want a short cut to he as rich as him, and he knows no short cut. If he asks you to start his kind of business, you do it for a year, if it gets difficult, you will start claiming he decieved you, didnt show you the way.
My brother, there is no way to show you, you have to start from the scratch and gather the experience.
quote author=flemsy15 post=100083114]But it still baffles me how someone can be very close to a rich person and instead of asking the person to show u way make u too dey alright, u dey ask am "anything for d boys?, bottle Ur guys naaa, I go like chop fish for Ur hand one of dis weekends, etc"

But a little correction to what she said, some rich men prefer to help u with small small money than teach u d way, once u tell them to teach u d way or help u start up something, wahala don dey. Some want to be the richest in their family.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by electhnd(m): 7:39am On Mar 22, 2021
DrBrainstorm:
I cannot be stinkingly rich, as in a multi-billionaire and have poor family members.

Low budget Inspirational abi na motivational speaker
I have a brother, last year we gave him 500k to start business, now he is roaming the streets after squandering the business he started .......... there are some people, give the billions dey will still remain broke after some months
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Obeleagu93(m): 10:18am On Mar 22, 2021
nice one there, I saw some persons above me saying u should open businesses and engage relatives or siblings who are not well to do, well it may work for some while for others it ends in premium tears, no need opening a business for one without a dream or ambition, else Nah regret go follow am later.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by sim37(m): 11:28am On Mar 22, 2021
hmm
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by chinedumo(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
awulio:
Charity begins at home was a statement made by Paul and not directly by God. No one is entitled to ur money. U can choose to help but it’s not by force. I choose to help ppl but if I see the person is not serious about improving their lives I stop helping

Where did Paul says so
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
PoliteActivist:
But giving to your sibs is part of the fun of being rich

cheesy cheesy Wtf! You're so funny. C'mon! Come off it. What if something bad happens?
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by blesoh(f): 2:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
BinamRex:
This post is partly true. I have seen rich people who don't care about their immediate family members. I have seen rich people who are generous to people they are not related to, but stingy to their family members. I have seen rich people who wouldn't give their siblings money to establish a business because they don't want them to rise.

For a long time,my elder brother wouldn't assist any of us because he wanted to be the only successful one in the family. He wanted us to literally kiss his ass, but we chose to avoid him than worship him.
I have one presently, he is my elder brother. We are just three including him, he'd rather spend outside than give us anything
I told my younger brother to avoid him and hustle even while in school after all he doesn't owe us anything . He has properties everywhere and next thing someone will ask me are you sure he is your blood brother, mehn i am hustling my own and one day God will pick my call

2 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by BinamRex: 4:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
blesoh:

I have one presently, he is my elder brother. We are just three including him, he'd rather spend outside than give us anything
I told my younger brother to avoid him and hustle even while in school after all he doesn't owe us anything . He has properties everywhere and next thing someone will ask me are you sure he is your blood brother, mehn i am hustling my own and one day God will pick my call

And some ignorant people will say the reason why rich people don't help their siblings is because their siblings are lazy.

Keep hustling bro. You and your brother will smile soon.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Johnwick64: 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
Jelzin2412:
This is my mantra and I have long made peace with critiques. I can't work my butt off day and night and have you squander my sweat just cos you are my sibling. Same God created the westerners and us and I see the way they live their lives.

Nobody should be entitled to another's sweat. Bring up ideas, be willing to engage and have vision, otherwise I would be more than willing to help a total stranger who will make me appreciate the rudiments of my help by making their lives better.

Anybody can say anything they want but I'm not pertubed anymore. To each his own...
u v seen how westerners live their lives.Hope you see how Kim Kardashian helped her sisters not cousins o..look at Lionel Messi,his elder brother is his publicity manager his dad is his manager not uncle, cousin and brother in law
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by blesoh(f): 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
BinamRex:

And some ignorant people will say the reason why rich people don't help their siblings is because their siblings are lazy.

Keep hustling bro. You and your brother will smile soon.
Amen, BTW i am not a bro cheesy i am the only girl
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by Jelzin2412(m): 6:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
Johnwick64:
u v seen how westerners live their lives.Hope you see how Kim Kardashian helped her sisters not cousins o..look at Lionel Messi,his elder brother is his publicity manager his dad is his manager not uncle, cousin and brother in law

Like I wrote, to each his own. You are entitled to spend your earnings however you deem fit. The choice is yours.

The people you quoted I'm sure you realise that they are all accountable for the responsibility bestowed on them; Messi's example comes into perspective. Hence you don't just quote people for quoting sake, rather try to understand their view point. My point is clear, I do not subscribe to irresponsibility and wastage family or not, and the people you mentioned have handled what's given to them responsibly.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by BinamRex: 7:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
blesoh:

Sorry for the mix-up. You are the only girl and your elder brother doesn't take care of you? It doesn't sound right. Are you Ogoja?

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by BinamRex: 8:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
blesoh:

Are you Blessing Atanja? Your late dad was a soldier in Enugu, CBQ 14.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by armyofone(m): 8:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
True to what you said. They tell you about a business they want to set up with no starting money from their side. That is not how you start a business - show you can do the business, you have started small and you need help to push it forward with this and that plan. No, give me the huge amount of money for start up - hmmm na true...you be horse for Texas eh ?

They call you enemy of progress etc

Don't bother too much about the house....none will really help you not even your brother or your sister and her husband. When it comes to living abroad, money and family or friends don't mix.
You can save the money or invest it where you are based. When the time comes and you really think you want to go live in Nigeria, you go there yourself and build your home. Don't forget to really live where you are and reduce your divided attention.

PastorandMentor:
Many of you insulting this lady won't understand until you get there.
I came to Texas in 2018, God opened way for me and i was succeeding.
I have siblings who are in Nigeria right now.
They feel i don't want to help them but the truth is, they just want money and that's all.
No business idea just to sit around.
I sent a Toyota sienna to my elder sister and the husband because i know her business wasn't moving well. God is helping them and they use the seinna for transport business. They are based in Benin and it is assisting them.
My other brothers are just lazy and all they ask for is money money money and when you send, the flex it and ask for more.
I am planning to begin my building in Nigeria but i don't know who to trust.
It's really frustrating.

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by ibedun: 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
kingthreat:

Its your generations that are poor

You are poor! Shut up.
Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by PastorandMentor(m): 2:31am On Mar 23, 2021
Thank you for your kind words.
armyofone:
True to what you said. They tell you about a business they want to set up with no starting money from their side. That is not how you start a business - show you can do the business, you have started small and you need help to push it forward with this and that plan. No, give me the huge amount of money for start up - hmmm na true...you be horse for Texas eh ?

They call you enemy of progress etc

Don't bother too much about the house....none will really help you not even your brother or your sister and her husband. When it comes to living abroad, money and family or friends don't mix.
You can save the money or invest it where you are based. When the time comes and you really think you want to go live in Nigeria, you go there yourself and build your home. Don't forget to really live where you are and reduce your divided attention.

1 Like

Re: Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor by kingthreat(m): 4:53am On Mar 23, 2021
ibedun:

I and my family are poor! Shut up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Stay At Home Experience With Your Partner. / Photo Of A Husband Backing His Plus-Sized Wife Through Pains / This Baby Face Something Is Not Working For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.