Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death (86252 Views)

Spouse Divorces Partner A Month After Getting To Canada / Lady Who Was At Her Friend's Wedding, She's Now Bride Of The Same Man / School Father Marries His School Daughter Years After They Met In Secondary. PIX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ekejoestar:
What

Could be tradition or the girls' decision, maybe she still wants to marry in the family just to honour his fiance memory.
Pls let's not be quick to judge or apportion blame
It's not Tradition at all. We don't have it here, but all I know is sometimes families propose something like this due to mutual understanding either after the death of fiancé or brother.
Your second assertion is the key.

1 Like

Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
She looks unhappy.

Pity.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by redsun(m): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kubernetes:
There is nothing wrong here. This is allowed in Islam.
The sanctity of the wife and the children is protected.
If she were to be an ibo lady, she would have been thrown out of the House.
As such its better she remain with her in-laws and have a good life till the end instead of her going to another foreign family to start all over again. In some religions, the brothers will maltreat her and even accuse her for killing her husband.

You are talking of her as if she's a commodity. She supposedly a beautiful 21st century woman,probably "educated" that she should be able to fend for herself.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Sleekfingers: 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
Made619:
Well it's a controversial decision she took. if it were to b a Christian bride then hell would have let loosed on her cuz they will say she no even morn the guy for atleast 6months or a year....well since she's from za oza side, it's their tradition they don't morn the dead for too long.

for your information, mourning of the dead for too long, is simply a waste of time .....that person is gone . If una like make una cry for 10 years.....

I remember back in 1994 when i lost my girlfriend. We were both in secondary school then.....i couldnt sleep or eat for days.....as a matter of fact, i was hallucinating.....it was like i was seeing her.....her parents knows me very well.....the day she was buried at ikoyi cementry......come and see how people dey beg me.....i really dramatized that day........

to cut long story short, i end up dating her elder sister. I thought she was the one i was gonna marry......her mum do call me OKO WA ( our husband).....

so i dont see anything wrong with her decision

1 Like

Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Waheed60: 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
may God heal the ❤️ heart wound for the woman. amen
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
Passed the girl around like an asset or property
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by sameks08(m): 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
for me something was already going on even when de soldier was alive so never you trust any woman
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by zoedew: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2021
child-bride?
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Nothing can justify this.

In Yoruba culture a widow can marry the brother of his late "husband" not his fiance. Tho the practice is archaic and I doubt if it is still being practiced.

But the fact is the said lady was just the fiancee of the late soldier, they are not married yet so why would she opt for his late fiance's brother.

That's wrong, obviously they had a thing for each other even before the soldier died, perhaps he was the one servicing her whenever the Soldier was away on State duty.

Even the late soldier would be disappointed wherever he is now.
Pls u need to understand people's culture, their norms before making any conclusion. This isn't tradition but choice of the couple's mostly taken to extend the intended ties between the to families.
Your comment is an insult to both the dead and the couple's.

1 Like

Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 22, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Nothing can justify this.

In Yoruba culture a widow can marry the brother of his late "husband" not his fiance. Tho the practice is archaic and I doubt if it is still being practiced.

But the fact is the said lady was just the fiancee of the late soldier, they are not married yet so why would she opt for his late fiance's brother.

That's wrong, obviously they had a thing for each other even before the soldier died, perhaps he was the one servicing her whenever the Soldier was away on State duty.

Even the late soldier would be disappointed wherever he is now.
Pls u need to understand people's culture, their norms before making any conclusion. This isn't tradition but choice of the couples mostly taken to extend the intended ties between the two families.
Your comment is an insult to both the dead and the couples.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by OyinO: 12:49pm On Mar 22, 2021
African Traditional custom which also found its way into the European Bible.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Ibfpleasant(m): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
lucky999:
I think the man have been praying for his brother to die so that he can marry her wife.

what if the girl have spiritual problem and maybe what killed his brother killed him too.

don’t push your reasoning to this side, the lady will be asked if she has interest in this elder brother. She will never be forced, it’s not Hausa tradition but Islam support this!!
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by MediMedi(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
How can I share the same pussy my Bro f*cked and continue from Whr he stop.....oh NOOO.
Failed people
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by tantan: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
THIS IS PURE LIES. IN ISLAM WHEN A HUSBAND DIES, THE WOMAN MUST WAIT FOR 4 MONTHS AND TEN DAYS AND WITHIN THOSE DAYS, IT IS PROHIBITED FOR ANYONE TO APPROACH HER FOR MARRIAGE.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by gwinaB(m): 12:59pm On Mar 22, 2021
They both look unhappy.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by gimakon2(m): 1:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
Aboki_ don reason, Chai, This babe Kpekus go make sense, Na so e Put head.
These guys are whores .. All of them. God forbid evil!!
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Finemanas(m): 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
even though I can't do this, but if she's not forced to and if she's happy in the marriage fine
if both partners are happy then I think it's not a problem
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by JuanDeDios: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ekejoestar:
What

Could be tradition or the girls' decision, maybe she still wants to marry in the family just to honour his fiance memory.
Judge and blame for what exactly?
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by rafcrown(m): 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
I see nothing wrong with the decision
Are you truly a female?
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Extremefiles(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
This is lovely.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by rafcrown(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
Is it not too early?
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Nwaotu10(m): 1:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
Northerners grin grin
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by gwama: 1:14pm On Mar 22, 2021
If she have not spiritual husband who is the killer, no problem, it is tradition oh. cool cool
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by advanceDNA: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2021
inumidun2010:

Are you a WINNER?.... Shey you want make the GIRL come next SHILOH ni

U funny...
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by naijadrivablog: 1:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
yeye
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Torosk1(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
Nothing were west life no go see for empty street

Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by savageyoungboy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
This have to be the weirdest news I have seen today

Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Akhee: 1:50pm On Mar 22, 2021
Insidenaija:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMslvaiDsu8/?igshid=1ujbwk8wdp3le
Yes its to remove the lady's sorrow of losing the younger brother (May his soul rest in peace). I know of a school mate of mine (Fauziya) of blessed memory from Bauchi State, who died a day to her wedding. The groom to be was given her cousin sister to marry.

1 Like

Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Munzy14(m): 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
In his place let another man take.
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Kubernetes: 1:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
redsun:

You are talking of her as if she's a commodity. She supposedly a beautiful 21st century woman,probably "educated" that she should be able to fend for herself.

when she goes fending For herself, she becomes vulnerable, because the society will look at her differently
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by Fxwarrior: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ekejoestar:
What

She doesn't look happy though
Re: Bride Of Late Soldier, Muhammed Ahmad, Marries His Brother A Month After Death by godofuck231: 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2021
Don’t bother your selves about this issue , when you are married to a bad wife , she’s yours , if you are married to a darling , a wife who your mother calls “my wife “ then you go prepare to drag the wife with the whole family, imagine a woman like lady Diana , being in a nice family and she doesn’t want to leave the man she was married to after death and decides to marry from the same family due to love given , shared and nurtured , gentle men na me go first marry her self for my family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'When You Marry A Fashion Designer': Pre-Wedding Photos / Man Grabs Fiancee's Bum In Pre-wedding Photo / Tips For Dating An African American (akata) Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.