Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians (11091 Views)

Aerial View Of Banana Island, Lagos (Pictures) / The Stupidity Of APC Yorubas Will Put Other Yorubas Across Nigeria At Risk / Buhari's Infrastructure Projects Expose The Stupidity Of Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rossikki: 1:11am On Mar 24, 2021
Aderr:
But a Nigerian came up with the idea of banana island. Stop feeling inferior to people with paler skin than you.

Honestly, the guy is such an embarrassment.

I've never seen any person like this.

I wonder who raised him to hate himself to this extent.

Maybe he was sexually abused as a child.

4 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rossikki: 1:14am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
I'm not inferior. YOU are. If Nigeria was full of people like me, it would be the most developed place on earth.

Nahhh....... If Nigeria was full of people like you, we would be slaves to the Lebanese, whites, Arabs, Chinese, and everyone else who isn't black.

And you would have been their bodyguard in short knicker and singlet grinning from ear to ear like Icheoku.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rossikki: 1:16am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
Even the idea of Banana Island is monkey-ish.

Nigeria is a worthless country full of worthless people.

Including your worthless parents and siblings who have the singular dishonour of being related to a splash of vomit like you.

4 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rossikki: 1:42am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
Wonder why Nigeria is so primitive and slow to develop? Because it is full of Nigerians. Here is an image of Banana island. The colorful skyscrapers are on the part that was developed by Lebanese. The rest of it went to Nigerian developers. See the difference?

The Lebanese built these towers almost 10 years ago. And since then, the Nigerians haven't erected anything taller than 3 stories.

The logic of a thoughtless dunce with foam where his brain ought to be.

This Nigerian won Student Union President in Malmo University, a top Swedish university filled with 12,500 white people.

The whites therefore must be stupid, ignorant, semi-literate, primitive, uncivilized cretins, going by the logic of our resident self-hating dumbito-in-chief.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13297032_img20210322wa0010_jpeg30af261e63298a94d8cbb19b6372f3fd

5 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 24, 2021
hisgrace090:
The lebanis are great archievers wherever they go.

In nigeria alone they've ventured into so many big busineses with their indian coutapart.

No they're not. We're do you guys get these misconceptions you peddle as if fact?

In the UK, for example, the Lebanese have nowhere near the profile of Nigerians and they don't particular stand out as a special people or "great achievers".

The preferential treatment they get across Africa from backward leaders, who slavishly worship fair skin like the deluded OP, explains the strides Lebanese make in Nigeria and Africa.

I still witnessed this bull crap the other day when I was in a Mr. Biggs on the Island. This silly attendant was busy slavishly suckling up to this Lebanese customer and smiling from ear to ear.

As soon as it was my turn her face became stern and unwelcoming automatically. Very ungracious, rude, demeaning and unprofessional. This is how self-hating black folks treat each other in Africa, on their own soil, while giving Lebanese, Indians etal fawning and preferential treatment.

I was livid but thought against joining issues with an unexposed and brainwashed simpleton absolutely incapable of taking in any constructive criticism about her behaviour.

It is the self-hatred of most Africans and their slavish worship of white skin, which the OP is definitely suffering from, that hands a lot of advantages to the Lebanese and Asian folks we see on African soil.

9 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rossikki: 1:50am On Mar 24, 2021
OneTemplate:

No they're not. We're do you guys get these misconceptions you peddle as if fact?

In the UK, for example, the Lebanese have nowhere near the profile of Nigerians and they don't particular stand out as a special people or "great achievers".

The preferential treatment they get across Africa from backward leaders, who slavishly worship fair skin like the deluded OP, explains the strides Lebanese make in Nigeria and Africa.

I still witnessed this bull crap the other day when I was in a Mr. Biggs on the Island. This silly attendant was busy slavishly suckling up to this Lebanese customer and smiling from ear to ear.

As soon as it was my turn her face became stern and unwelcoming automatically. Very ungracious, rude, demeaning and unprofessional. This is how self-hating black folks treat each other in Africa, on their own soil, while giving Lebanese, Indians etal fawning and preferential treatment.

I was livid but thought against joining issues with an unexposed and brainwashed simpleton absolutely incapable of taking in any constructive criticism about her behaviour.

It is the self-hatred of most Africans and their slavish worship of white skin, which the OP is definitely suffering from, that hands a lot of advantages to the Lebanese and Asian folks we see on African soil.

God bless you for your comment and insight, and sorry about the terrible experience you encountered at the hands of the conditioned, dumb, ignorant cretin who served you at Mr Biggs.

She was probably a distant cousin of 'Aconomist'.

6 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by MufasaLion: 2:17am On Mar 24, 2021
[s]
hedonido:

Ehen. I hear say na your papa be one of the biggest 'local' developers for Banana. I'm sure you have something to say.
[/s]

Here's one of them grin
Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Aderr: 6:09am On Mar 24, 2021
chrisblack:
tell me your dream and I will tell you how it will be crushed
Your dreams will be crushed, not mine. wink

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Facidio: 6:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Aderr:
If you like live on the moon, the joke is on you. grin You are a Nigerian yourself.

Why are you wasting your time replying the guy..... Can't you see he's depressed? He's tired of being called a MOnkey where ever he is licking the balls of his white supremacist and his looking for who to vent his anger on. Just let him be before you quicken his suicide days

4 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Facidio: 6:25am On Mar 24, 2021
SIRTee15:

Are they luxurious apartments or simply high rise building apartment?
Why should I pay millions of dollars to live in banana island and end up sharing swimming pool, tennis court or even gym facilities with other tenants.
When I can buy my own house with enough green, outdoor and privacy. I can even cultivate my own garden.
There's a reason there are few high rise in wealthy neighbourhood anywhere in the world.

The guy doesn't know that the real rich don't live in sky scrappers. They live in green serene environs. The guy is just suffering from inferiority complex and I guess he's depressed

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by chamboy(m): 6:29am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
Who developed it? LEBANESE. Who did the sand-filling? CHINESE. Who contracted the roads? GERMANS. You Nigerians are just the consumers. All you do is consume, consume, consume. You produce nothing.
And Somelady in NOI keeps advising us to import more unemployment.
Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rugaria: 6:45am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
Who developed it? LEBANESE. Who did the sand-filling? CHINESE. Who contracted the roads? GERMANS. You Nigerians are just the consumers. All you do is consume, consume, consume. You produce nothing.

You are actually dense a bit..
It's not a must that Nigerians must do everything when it comes to mega constructions in the country... So many edifices around the world were either designed or constructed by foreign nationals. It's all about getting the best. It takes away nothing from the fact that Nigerians should add more value into the process and the university curriculum for engineering students needs to be sharply upgraded... If they are not doing so now, it's a question of organization and not a case of racial inferiority as you have desperately tried to insinuate since your first day on this forum! You come across as a rabble-rouser on a mission! The Burj khalifa was not designed by emiratis,.. the birds nest that hosted the olympics in Beijing was not designed by a Chinese.. Infact, the burj khalifa was built by koreans and some other south east Asians.

All the enchanting stadiums that will host the world cup in Qatar next year were all designed an built by foreign companies... It is a question of targeting proven talents with credible professional successes anywhere they're in the world! Heck, even the CCTV building in Beijing, which houses the Chinese propaganda machine, was designed by a westerner, that's, inspite of all the ideological wars going on between China and the west! Does these excuse the low participation of Nigerians in critical construction projects in Nigeria? No! Does that make Nigerians genetically inferior as you continuously insinuate here? No! It's a question of policy, organization and training! Nothing else!! What the Nigerian government needs to do is to start setting up well funded and well organized real estate companies backed by powerful indigenous banks. Help them train more professionals in the field. With time , with acquired skills and funds and modern management, Nigerian entrepreneurs will compete. Real estate development on a mega level might be dicey business but it's surely not rocket science..

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rugaria: 7:12am On Mar 24, 2021
Rossikki:

Honestly, the guy is such an embarrassment.

I've never seen any person like this.

I wonder who raised him to hate himself to this extent.

Maybe he was sexually abused as a child.

I don't think the guy is a Nigerian.. I might be wrong, but dude come across as one of these black people either from Africa or the diaspora who are genuinely frustrated with the embarrassing political/administrative set up in Nigeria! Met lots of them! The fact though, is that we as Nigerians are a huge shame to the black race and this is very humiliating to process...

We should have been helping many smaller countries fix their rails and airports and bridges by now with the amount of professionals and huge economy we are naturally endowed with. Unfortunately, the dumb politicians and sickening scorched earth policies practiced by tribal leaders in this country, together with political hangers on like you, who will support every failure in office in the name of patriotism, have helped to undermine this country in a vicious way...

Nigeria is badly managed. Very very! You can only start to notice the gap between this unfortunate country and her mates elsewhere when you visit other countries.. The high rises, the fast trains, the futuristic neighborhoods, the city organization,...compare those to the traumatic discuss in Nigeria that always revolves around Ruga, fulani herdsmen, narrow gauge and 5000 megawatts of power..... This can trigger all sorts of dormant anger cells in you!

That said, this very rascally Op is terribly ignorant! His diatribes against the Black race is nothing but a product of half education, vintage frustration and an alarming lack of critical thinking.. At this point, I'm starting to think that what he richly deserves is our collective pity and not curses..

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by hedonido: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2021
Facidio:

The guy doesn't know that the real rich don't live in sky scrappers. They live in green serene environs

Don't lump the 'real rich' into one category when it comes to living space choices. You must have heard of pent houses. Some of them cost up to $100m.... From many such developments in Manhattan to examples such as One Hyde Park in Knightsbridge, London.

Unless you're saying that someone who can fork out $100m for an apartment in a tower is not "real rich" enough.

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:22am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
Lagos Badagary Road in 2021

What species of human would live like this?
Someone tagged the country zoo and they all went ballistic as if it is not true. Can you imagine that the only city that Nigerians brag with is Lagos, however, the whole of Lagos is a slum.
Only a sick person would not weep for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2021
AndreBrut:
Beside the op using some derogatory words to buttress his position, I totally agree with him also. This is The Pearl Qatar, a project just like Banana Island.

The difference can be spotted effort lessly, unlike the empty, uninspiring, and unambitious Banana Island that those villagers and primitive beings hype.
I have always subscribed to the notion that the black race is cursed, otherwise Nigeria would have been a model cum pacesetter to other African countries, term it self-hate or whatever but we can all agree that we are a backward race and were created to serve other race.

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Gharial: 8:50am On Mar 24, 2021
forgiveness:

Was Raji Adeleke father of Deji Adeleke, Davido's father?

Make your research well.

What did I just tell you

Dummy
Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Walkee: 8:53am On Mar 24, 2021
Depressed101:
no mind the mumu.. what stops him from going there and find something to develop, abi the other Nigerians there, do they have two heads
to be clear I don't like skyscrappers, I prefer normal down house with a lot of plants but the idea that you can't criticise something unless you have done it is the most stupid argument in the history of mankind. So if you were never a policeman you can't condemn police brutality or the rot in police system?
Because you don't have a skyscrappers means you can't comment on the poor housing structure in a particular place?

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by bobowaja(m): 8:57am On Mar 24, 2021
maxell:

Every where doesn’t have to have high rise buildings. Some parts of the island has high rise buildings, some parts don’t.

No big deal.

Mike Adenuga’s house on the island is not high rise.

No need to label anyone as stupid
He is ipob. Go through his posts. He is everything against southwest. You will never see him talking about his red mud village anywhere. They are bunch of haters.

4 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by InvestinOwerri(m): 9:08am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
Wonder why Nigeria is so primitive and slow to develop? Because it is full of Nigerians. Here is an image of Banana island. The colorful skyscrapers are on the part that was developed by Lebanese. The rest of it went to Nigerian developers. See the difference?

The Lebanese built these towers almost 10 years ago. And since then, the Nigerians haven't erected anything taller than 3 stories.

This op and one Rooneyboy or something are two monikers I like for their criticisms of the palous state of things in Nigeria. They always benchmark our development process against global or even African standards to show how far behind we have fallen.

Without such agent provocateurs, we will continue wallowing in our deplorable conditions while living in a fool's paradise.

Instead of some Nigerians here seeing it as an attack on their ego, we should rather be provoked to do a lot more better just like others in Africa and globally.

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Hotspotbro(m): 9:11am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:
Your father? maybe

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by justtoodark: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2021
Aconomist:

wetin....??
park joor....

you want me to show you photos of homeless people in amelika....??

take your inferiority complex and shove it....

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 24, 2021
Rugaria:

I don't think the guy is a Nigerian.. I might be wrong, but dude come across as one of these black people either from Africa or the diaspora who are genuinely frustrated with the embarrassing political/administrative set up in Nigeria! Met lots of them! The fact though, is that we as Nigerians are a huge shame to the black race and this is very humiliating to process...

We should have been helping many smaller countries fix their rails and airports and bridges by now with the amount of professionals and huge economy we are naturally endowed with. Unfortunately, the dumb politicians and sickening scorched earth policies practiced by tribal leaders in this country, together with political hangers on like you, who will support every failure in office in the name of patriotism, have helped to undermine this country in a vicious way...

Nigeria is badly managed. Very very! You can only start to notice the gap between this unfortunate country and her mates elsewhere when you visit other countries.. The high rises, the fast trains, the futuristic neighborhoods, the city organization,...compare those to the traumatic discuss in Nigeria that always revolves around Ruga, fulani herdsmen, narrow gauge and 5000 megawatts of power..... This can trigger all sorts of dormant anger cells in you!

That said, this very rascally Op is terribly ignorant! His diatribes against the Black race is nothing but a product of half education, vintage frustration and an alarming lack of critical thinking.. At this point, I'm starting to think that what he richly deserves is our collective pity and not curses..

You might be a shame to the black race but I am not and neither are the many outstanding Nigerians who excel inside and outside the shores of Nigeria to dispel the myth there is anything wrong or aberrant with Nigerians.

The fact is that the problems inside Nigeria does not define and stereotype Nigerians. It just highlights the unique institutional and entrenched challenges that blights our development in our nation of origin which are not issues elsewhere outside Nigeria.

The main problem of Nigeria is good old tribalism and a lack of committment to our Nation, State and duty.

The "everyman for himself" attitude is the reason Nigeria is performing far below her expectation. The attitude, belief system and entrenched culture of profiting cynically from every position one finds oneself in, rather than look to add value, dignity and competence to that position, is what is killing Nigeria.

Most Nigerians don't see public office, or even there everyday jobs as anything they should use positively to the glory that should be inherent in that position or job. They are only looking for how to "hammer" and "cash out".

Acknowledge that and stop insulting Nigerians with crass generalizations that makes you no better than others discriminatory elements here.

You are like the racist who will insist all blacks are criminals because of a few gang-bangers in his hood.

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Rugaria: 10:03am On Mar 24, 2021
OneTemplate:

You might be a shame to the black race but I am not and neither are the many outstanding Nigerians who excel inside and outside the shores of Nigeria to dispel the myth there is anything wrong or aberrant with Nigerians.

The fact is that the problems inside Nigeria does not define and stereotype Nigerians. It just highlights the unique institutional and entrenched challenges that blights our development in our nation of origin which are not issues elsewhere outside Nigeria.

The main problem of Nigeria is good old tribalism and a lack of committment to our Nation, State and duty.

The "everyman for himself" attitude is the reason Nigeria is performing far below her expectation. The attitude, belief system and entrenched culture of profiting cynically from every position one finds oneself in, rather than look to add value, dignity and competence to that position, is what is killing Nigeria.

Most Nigerians don't see public office, or even there everyday jobs as anything they should use positively to the glory that should be inherent in that position or job. They are only looking for how to "hammer" and "cash out".

Acknowledge that and stop insulting Nigerians with crass generalizations that makes you no better than others discriminatory elements here.

You are like the racist who will insist all blacks are criminals because of a few gang-bangers in his hood.

How did you misunderstand me in this way? Or is it a case of cocky patriotism? I was actually saying the same thing you just said in my previous post! I just meant that as a nation, a country, the biggest country in Africa, the biggest concentration of black people on earth.., we have alarmingly underachieved as a result rudderless politiking and maladministration. . And I explained why, while not implying that it has something to do with color or race.... So what exactly is your problem, young man? You mean we should be proud of this meds of a country?

1 Like

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by forgiveness: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Gharial:

What did I just tell you

Dummy

Where is your proof, mr high IQ?
Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 24, 2021
Rugaria:

How did you misunderstand me in this way? Or is it a case of cocky patriotism? I was actually saying the same thing you just said in my previous post! I just meant that as a nation, a country, the biggest country in Africa, the biggest concentration of black people on earth.., we have alarmingly underachieved as a result rudderless politiking and maladministration. . And I explained why, while not implying that it has something to do with color or race.... So what exactly is your problem, young man? You mean we should be proud of this meds of a country?

Of course not but intelligent folks like you know that Nigerians excel and stand out whenever in an environment or culture that permits them to thrive unimpeded.

Looking at how that progressive culture and environment can become entrenched in Nigeria is more important than continuing to harp on about what a "shame" Nigerians are to the black race when we are actually exemplary symbols of the black race when we are in environments that permits us to be that.

Guys like the dude below show that there is not a damn thing wrong with Nigerians. In fact people like him only highlight the ignorance of the OP who feels Nigerians dont/can't build anything of worth in comparison to others.

The main problem is the attitude of Nigerians in Nigeria and the blame culture pervasive in our thinking there.

Nigerians in Nigeria don't believe in any form of self-analysis or critical self-appraisal. Everything is the fault of somebody else while we all remain blind to the obvious which is that we are all to blame for the nation we have today not Buhari or leaders alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-jAEZ_-KM

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Depressed101: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2021
Walkee:
to be clear I don't like skyscrappers, I prefer normal down house with a lot of plants but the idea that you can't criticise something unless you have done it is the most stupid argument in the history of mankind. So if you were never a policeman you can't condemn police brutality or the rot in police system?
Because you don't have a skyscrappers means you can't comment on the poor housing structure in a particular place?
what is wrong with those structures erected by Nigerians... can you give a technical breakdown of what they got wrong ?

1 Like

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by SocialJustice: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
Rossikki:

The logic of a thoughtless dunce with foam where his brain ought to be.

This Nigerian won Student Union President in Malmo University, a top Swedish university filled with 12,500 white people.

The whites therefore must be stupid, ignorant, semi-literate, primitive, uncivilized cretins, going by the logic of our resident self-hating dumbito-in-chief.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13297032_img20210322wa0010_jpeg30af261e63298a94d8cbb19b6372f3fd
Rossike, I respected you from afar all these years and thought you were a smart person until today. Maybe you're even a copycat and not the person behind Rossike account.

Being abusive does not make you smart, Aconomist is right about Banana Island being a slum and Nigerians being stupid.

If from every 100 Nigerians only 10 are smart, is that not enough to say the whole lot is stupid?

The smart people are rendered redundant by the stupidity of the masses. Reason Okonjo Iweala, Arunma Oteh, Oby Ezekwesili, Segun Agangan and a host of others were unable to perform in Nigeria but shine exceedingly in foreign roles.

Even the example you gave, the equity, justice and fairness that allowed a black man to be SUG president in a predominantly white school, can such be replicated in Nigeria? Even among ourselves, primitive issues as tribalism will ruin his chances.

Do not bother replying me because I won't reduce myself to argue with you.

Aconomist, you should learn to confine your arguments to educated and enlightened folks. Bringing such talk here is like taking a research paper to truck pushers to review. Value and protect your gold.

3 Likes

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by RemoveKebab: 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2021
Most people on this thread dont seem not to understand O.P
O.P may be extreme in his criticism but most of Africans are not mentally ready for that level.

Typical African mentality dont accept criticism, thats why the continent is stuck in the past.

If you criticize an African, he will be emotional and ignorant not wanting to accept his flaws, learn from it and develop himself to be greater than the critic.

It boils down to even the African American always screaming racism where as they are in no move to self develop and surpass their host.
Which most of the asians, irish, germans, middle easterns have done in America.

Most of them dont even know that they are greater than their host mentally and physically if they play their cards well.
The few that do are extremely successful(e.g Tyler Perry, oprah, etc)

China was once even lower than Africa in 50s terms of standard living, infrastructure and economy.
Now with little or no resources they are on the verge of becoming a world power because they learnt from their mistakes(feudalistic ideology) and modernised using western philosophy(communism) and perfected it into socialism.
They accepted criticism on their ancient feudalistic idea dumped it and started with western philosophy.

Same as the the creation of imperial Japan
Western idea, Japanese spirit.

Same cant be said about Africans.
Because they are always proud, arrogant, and always willing to repeat mistakes and never wanting to try new ideas.
Because nobody knows better than them.

AS THEY SAY THE TRUTH IS ALWAYS BITTER.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can We Have Someone Like Nelson Mandela In Nigeria? / APC Alleges Plot By The ZLP To Militarise Ilaje During The Poll / Tinubu Congratulates Bishop Peter Okpaleke's Elevation As Cardinal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.