Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians (11097 Views)

Aerial View Of Banana Island, Lagos (Pictures) / The Stupidity Of APC Yorubas Will Put Other Yorubas Across Nigeria At Risk / Buhari's Infrastructure Projects Expose The Stupidity Of Goodluck Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Litmus: 11:25am On Apr 01, 2021
Aconomist:
I'm fully aware of environmentalist architectural trends. But that's not what you Africans are talking about. You like trees in the same sense a monkey likes trees ie glorifying underdevelopment and primative living.

The first pic is the Asian ideal of a "green city". The second pic is the African ideal.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13338636_forestcity_jpegd4c0e6b919ba60b3a23fa1c3941945a6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13338637_44f8056a45b290241653afa3fa02c1ef_jpeg43680e989c8968c65f4226c8b3d3ef23

Well, Abuja does not resemble the second (bottom) photo and the development of Abuja appears to be as if her former design and current developers are rightly integrating nature. This automatically invalidates your view on how Africans envisage urban development integrated with nature.

And incidentally, the second (bottom) photo, I believe depicts Native structures among the Polynesians Melanesians or indigenous Indonesians - i may be wrong. In any case, far from what you indented, I quite like it. I can see how to evolve it into cities that would be way better than the Asian, nature-integrated, high-rise buildings above it (top photo).
Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by selemo: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2021
Aconomist:
Wonder why Nigeria is so primitive and slow to develop? Because it is full of Nigerians. Here is an image of Banana island. The colorful skyscrapers are on the part that was developed by Lebanese. The rest of it went to Nigerian developers. See the difference?

The Lebanese built these towers almost 10 years ago. And since then, the Nigerians haven't erected anything taller than 3 stories.
It is a black disease not Nigerians. Being a black man is a disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by maxell(f): 11:31am On Apr 01, 2021
MrMaestro:
6 pages later and this Aconomist has blatantly ignored what he's doing to improve development and infrastructure in Nigeria. The sad thing is, he doesn't realize that HE'S the EXACT reason why Nigeria is like this. Idiots who think they're smarter than they are, who don't have the balls, fortitude, and desire to build their own. And would spend the rest of their lives working for white society. He would rather live in the U.S. because he's too fucking lazy to actually contribute to Nigerian society. There's a special place in hell for those who know how a country can be improved, have the ability to do so, REFUSES to do so, and at the same time SHITS on the people there for not getting it done. He exudes what many FAILED black people do, blame every one else instead of shutting the Bleep up and DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Aconomist, do us all a favor and just leave. You're useless in the United States, many other white people can take your place in a heartbeat. And you've chosen to be USELESS to your kinsmen in Nigeria. So you're an overall USELESS person who will come and go without making any significant mark on this world. Your complaints are for your own ego, because if you truly cared, you would be DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Go stroke your ego somewhere else.

Very well said. Thank you wink

1 Like

Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Aconomist: 11:44am On Apr 01, 2021
Litmus:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13338636_forestcity_jpegd4c0e6b919ba60b3a23fa1c3941945a6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13338637_44f8056a45b290241653afa3fa02c1ef_jpeg43680e989c8968c65f4226c8b3d3ef23

Well, Abuja does not resemble the second (bottom) photo and the development of Abuja appears to be as if her former design and current developers are rightly integrating nature. This automatically invalidates your view on how Africans envisage urban development integrated with nature.

And incidentally, the second (bottom) photo, I believe depicts Native structures among the Polynesians Melanesians or indigenous Indonesians - i may be wrong. In any case, far from what you indented, I quite like it. I can see how to evolve it into cities that would be way better than the Asian, nature-integrated, high-rise buildings above it (top photo).

It is a Papuan tree house. Aside from the point, I actually find it quite impressive too. Papuans are creative people.
Re: Banana Island: The Stupidity Of Nigerians by Litmus: 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
Aconomist:
It is a Papuan tree house. Aside from the point, I actually find it quite impressive too. Papuans are creative people.

Yeah, I love it. I actually never was ashamed of being accused of living on trees because I was always able to envision what doing so would entail in terms of liveability Possibilities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Congratulates Bishop Peter Okpaleke's Elevation As Cardinal / APC Responsible For Burnt INEC Offices – PDP / APC Is Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake – Atiku Tells Defectors To PDP In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.