Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) (46522 Views)

WAEC Students Destroy School Building After Being Duped By Principal In Edo / 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) / Student Beaten Mercilessly By His Teacher For Leaving His Hair Bushy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by ciro11(m): 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
This is no longer discipline, it is now wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by Amalekki: 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lots of Nigerians have mental problem and they can't be blamed, na the condition grin
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by AfonjaConehead: 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Next time you not gonna spend your class time and your parents money playing chess and you so lucky, your news is on nairaland grin
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by toplinetrtrend: 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
McSquishi:
This is terrible. Nigerians really must begin to protect their children. Beating in school or even this level of beating outside of school is purely abuse

Beating in school by teachers can be correction, not necessarily an abuse

2 Likes

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by KillerBeauty(f): 6:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Beaten for playing chess. angry
In the movie 'The queen's gambit' the child was encouraged when they found out she has been secretly playing chess with the school's janitor.
She turned out to become a world champion.
Chess should be encouraged for kids.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by spiceadole: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Reminds me of my childhood.
If my Papa beat you, you no land for hospital, be grateful.. he didn't touch you at all
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by popez: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
illicit:
Well no matter what, I don't support Corporal punishment but what if a student assaults a staff....

The teacher is well within his rights to defend himself from the aggressor.

1 Like

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by Ndipe(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2021
Then it was not relevant to this subject.

illicit:

I wasn't talking about him....
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by zudozz: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ps let dis man go to jail or let him suffer!

1 Like

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by obinna58(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
mrdharkchild:

U are just 1 of a kaZillion people.
I ain't majority, so r u.
Talk is always cheap, but the REALITY is all that matters.
Been beaten like this don't reduce u to a cow.
In a stage of a man's life he must b made to understand that suffering is a stage of life.

If he can't properly manage it, then at any point in like when it comes, they'd take d cowardly part. Assume a feminine identity, or commit suicide.
But what do I know.
Bring up yours, let me bring up mine.
How well u bring up yours will tell how much the society would be stained morally and socially.
I can't help but call you a fool.

Sorry grin
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by KanuSE: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
Farki:

Did you read the post? He isn't taking the course and asked to leave, the teacher forced him to stay and so his mind wouldn't be idle he played chess with his friend who was also not taking the class.

Playing chess in the classroom while a lesson is ongoing would be inappropriate, as it would be a distraction to other students engaged with the lecture. The student ought to know that the teacher would frown at such...

The crux of the matter is the corporal punishment which is disproportionate to the supposed offence.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by Ahcu22(f): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
Though, I don't support this kind of flogging. I can relate to the anger of the teachers. Students can make frustrate you. The level of the indiscipline in schools today is TOO MUCH.
In my school, we had to send some SS3 boys home. And, they will no be allowed to stay in the hostel during the SSCE exams. They have to pay for accommodation in town during their exams

1 Like

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by mozona(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
chess wey people use dey get fame or make money...

that father is useless.... may God forgive me
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by Farki: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
KanuSE:

Playing chess in the classroom while a lesson is ongoing would be inappropriate, as it would be a distraction to other students engaged with the lecture. The student ought to know that the teacher would frown at such...

The crux of the matter is the corporal punishment which is disproportionate to the supposed offence.

He already asked to leave so he wouldn't disturb the class. The teacher just wanted an excuse to beat him up, judging by how he ganged up on him with others over something so minor.

Many Catholic school staff are just wicked for the sake of it.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by Gimelame0: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
So bad
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by IGoComotYaTeeth: 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mikepascal:
For my school all the teachers involve must collect ooh!

In fact dem neva born the stupid teacher wey go try this for my school ���l
what's the name of that ur school
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by IGoComotYaTeeth: 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2021
just2endowed:
I remember my ss3 days, we were writing NECO exams... The NECO official in charge of our school walked up to my sit during maths exams and asked why I didn't report the guy sitting in front of me was cheating another person in front of him. I told him I didn't know and I wasn't looking as I was very busy with my own paper. He still insisted why I didn't tell him. I told him it's not my duty to check if a student is cheating or not.

Before you know what this man gave me the loudest slap in exam all that everyone shouted. I felt daze couldn't see. But I later gain myself. The useless invigilatot seize my paper and shouting am rude. I didn't get back my paper till last minute. Because of that, no one pass maths in the whole school as the maths result was never released (withheld) because of that singular incident.
grin
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by sylve11: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
The way the op dey use carry the matter, e come be like something else dey under wey we nor know. You can handle this issue without bringing it to social media. Na wa. cool

1 Like

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
This remind me of one Mr. ELEBUTE who flogged the multimillionaire me in one local secondary school called CAC comm high school in Ilesha in 1990. The poor teacher flogged me with his left hand, so tey I come dey bleed. E dey sweet this wicked teacher to flog students. The man talk say I plucked principal's mango. The irony of it, I no get papa or mama wey I fit tell. Na so I nursed my injury for two weeks.
If anyone in dz world, either in Nigeria or anywhere try dz with any of my children, I would never forgive d person regardless of what my children did wrong. I will ensure the teacher is jailed for at least 5 years.
There is no corporal punishment in our constitution.
It was just a sociocultural and religious things dt people turn to a norm.
Spare the cain spoil the child.
Dz kind of beating can affect the child morale, cause post traumatic stress disorder.(PTSD), which in turn could cause phobia for learning.
E dey pain me and E be like say make I tell my lawyer to escalate dz matter.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by 9jaRealist: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
toplinetrtrend:
Beating in school by teachers can be correction, not necessarily an abuse

It’s downright ABUSE, no excuses...
Why are teachers not flogged to “correct” their own mistakes?
>
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by toplinetrtrend: 7:00pm On Mar 24, 2021
9jaRealist:

>

If you don't want your kid to be corrected in school, then you shouldn't fail in your duty as a parent at home

2 Likes

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by toplinetrtrend: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
9jaRealist:

>

Teachers are not kids. They are adults. That's why higher institution students are not flogged to correct their mistakes: because they are adults.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by almarthins(m): 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
Randy100:
Keep quiet joor. I chop beating Wella for secondary school and it made me a tough guy, I survived where others couldn't. I can't train a weak child. If you must know, my children will chop beating too, they won't die.

Spare the rod and spoil the child. It is no wonder why we have a generation of disrespectful kids. Our culture is gradually eroding away.

Me I chop Cain too o that's why I learnt to respect my elders.

By d way self, how teacher go dey teach, one pikin go dey play chess for back because he is not offering the subject? Make we tell our self the truth, I no support d teacher and I no support the boy because it is highly disrespectful of him sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by doxijaw: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
danny360:

This talk is bullshit. "Try the feminine gender" so, females ain't supposed to be resilient or what The countries that are far ahead of us believe in developing leadership abilities and leadership qualities in younger people. Not making them look like cows and reducing their self esteem. If you treat my child like this I will kill you.

Correct

Infact the more they beat the more brutal they become.

leadership skills, hands on, coupled with good parenting, environmental positive influences and role models is the best.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by 99thEnemy(m): 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
I and Austin Zeku were in the same class way back then in 2004.
That stupid one called Samuel Innocent taught us French in JSS2.
That man is an animal. angry
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by IGoComotYaTeeth: 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2021
mytime24:
If i catch our Art teacher for road eeeh cheesy
This one na mouth, u wey soft like bread
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by KanuSE: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2021
Farki:

He already asked to leave so he wouldn't disturb the class. The teacher just wanted an excuse to beat him up, judging by how he ganged up on him with others over something so minor.

Many Catholic school staff are just wicked for the sake of it.

Don't let us ride on emotions and I clearly understand how brutish some Nigerian teachers can be. The teacher probably asked the student to not leave the class so as to prevent loitering/causing nuisance around the premises.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by tonyashburton: 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2021
What sort of trash is this?
heendrix:
Nigga felt nothing na or he complain take give you??
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by tivity101: 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
Something is telling me this guys were actually playing gamble, if not I don't see the reason a teacher will discipline students to this extent for playing cheese. My instincts anyways
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by Originalsly: 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
mrdharkchild:

I went through a missionary school and I OK /certify that flogging

We even learnt how to persevere with the punishments and bear the pain, and even turned it to a joke.
When flogged, we'd bone (which is d word we used back then) the

We r men, we were built to b strong and masculine.
Thank u.

Is there a difference between flogging a child and torturing a child? If he was your son.... would you tell him to suck it up and be a man? I can imagine the tye of beatings your sons... if any... have to endure..... and the same they will be passing down to their sons.... and wives. There is never a good enough reason for an teacher to ever beat my kid this way..... he will receive an overdose of his own medicine.
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by IYANGBALI: 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
Do this to my sun in your school, I swear you won’t see the end of the year
Re: Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) by TGMISKY(m): 7:14pm On Mar 24, 2021
Try this with my brother or son and the police would have to arrest me for murder or attempted murder

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lizard Scare In Unilorin : Students And Lecturers Run For Their Lives / Two Female UNIBEN Students Hit By an Army Vehicle. One Confirmed Dead [photo] / Nemitari Ajienka Is The Son Of Joseph Atubokiki Ajienka, Ex UNIPORT VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.