Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim (30672 Views)

Ibadan School Asks Muslim Students To Remove Hijab (Photos) / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected / OAU Professor Durosinmi Writes On Muslim Students In Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Mar 26, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Did you know "Osho" more than "Iya Osho"? This hijab madness of a thing had been reduced drastically in Saudi Arabia why is your own diff in Nigeria? Did you know Islam more than Arabians?

Boko Haram, bandits, isil, iswap, etc that you mentioned are doing the work of allah so what else again

Only fools won't know that Israel Jesus's country is not a Christian country.

If Israel can move on you can too.

1 Like

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by oluwaSavage: 10:17am On Mar 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by koladebrainiac(m): 10:20am On Mar 26, 2021
yetunsbay:
is it a govt sch pls ?
its a missonary school

4 Likes

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by YourRegularPill: 10:22am On Mar 26, 2021
inoki247:
So if dem tell Lagbaja to remove iz mask at the Airport he won't remove it cause say na him symbol...

if where his going to require he removes the mask he az no option..

Stop comparing Jargons

Try Dey find common sense
If you no get unique sense MF �
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by Bubblewitch: 10:23am On Mar 26, 2021
Stop spoiling for a religious war... what you wrote can incite the less educated... This is wrong on all levels

3 Likes

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by femi4: 10:25am On Mar 26, 2021
If you're in Rome, you behave like Romans. Lagbaja don't wear mask to church. In fact, he doesn't use it at home.
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by AntiChristian: 10:27am On Mar 26, 2021
IJOBA11:
EXACTLY WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND

CC ANTICHRISTIAN

Only fools share this kind of opinion. The schools are public and we would use Hijab there.
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by doxijaw: 10:31am On Mar 26, 2021
Lolz , these comments represents the lack of self introspection in Nigerians.

They see but do not understand. tongue

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by StopCapping(m): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2021
mcbau2020:
But the school is own by Government and run with tax payers money which comprises both Muslim and Christian so everyone should have equal rights.

It's a grant aided school. Even private universities enjoy grants from the government. The 1974 agreement with the then military government was explicit. Secondly, there is a fully funded College of Arabic and Islamic Studies in Kwara State funded by both Christians, Muslims and even Traditionalists taxpayer's money. Why aren't Christians making fuss over such privileges too? You are either ignorant or a hypocrite.

14 Likes

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by AntiChristian: 10:32am On Mar 26, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Hey Monkey stop wasting your saliva. It’s not the Christian that swear for you impoverished anarchist not to be ableto build missionary schools for your head slammer brethren. Get the Bleep out of Christian missionary schools. Why is this too hard for you idiots to comprehend

Who are you qualifying with those insane words, you accursed and ill-bred child of perdition?
Which Christians built the schools? Who sold the land to them? And who have been funding the schools for over three decades?

Remove the feeding bottle from your mouth before your next comment!
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by Difrent: 10:35am On Mar 26, 2021
Heavance:
Firstly, for me, I have no problem with the hijab. But you guys seem to to getting this whole thing twisted.
The controversy comes from where it is worn, a school has a uniform students adhere to. you know the uniform, and you decide to add something to it. If other parents bring in their religious things into the school, what would happen?
There is a uniform, please teach your wards to adhere to the uniform, when they get home, they can put on whatever they want to add. It's that simple.
There is a uniform that should be adhered to, i say again, there is a uniform that should be adhered to, know this and know peace.
Your wards can tie their hair with something else, as i think the hair is the main covering for ladies.
The school is not an Islamic school, and there is a uniform to be adhered to, please adhere to the uniform and change when you get home, simple.

This section is islamic section , for you to comment you have to take the oath of being a muslim ....
Many folks LIED that they are muslims just so they can comment .....MUST YOU COMMENT ON ISLAM SECTION?

if a public School (founded by the church but now funded by the government) has a uniform but some people feel it's discriminatory , they can challenge it , just like some Christians feel it's discriminatory to ask people to take an oath before making comments in Islam section and has been challenging it by lying on oath in order to express themselves and point out the discrimination

My take

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by oloyedewaris(m): 10:37am On Mar 26, 2021
koladebrainiac:
its a missonary school
Run by the government
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by Niceman12(m): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2021
koladebrainiac:
for me, Wearing of Hijab as a Muslim is a welcome decision, the school is a missionary school meaning Christian school
Its either we comply or withdraw our students from those schools

Muslims should encourage love and peace even to others.

do we even allow them in our Muslim school?
they can't sell liquor in Kano because they have to abide by our rules

Ilorin has been peaceful, don't let religious ego destroy this peace

My sister is attending Ar-rahman international school in Abuja and the christian students are not forced to wear hijab. Their is also a church in the school premises.
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by highbee02: 10:50am On Mar 26, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:
Nonsense and Islam trying to rip where they did not sow

U mean Muslims in Kwara State want to reap where they did not sow. Are Kwara Muslims not paying tax?
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by IJOBA11: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2021
AntiChristian:

Only fools share this kind of opinion. The schools are public and we would use Hijab there.
YOU WILL LEAVE ME WITH NO OPTION THAN TO REPORT YOU TO THE MODS NEXT TIME YOU CALL ME A FOOL. YOU ARE ONE OF THE REASONS WHY MUSLIMS ARE BEING LABELED TERRORISTS ACROSS THE WORLD. LEARN HOW TO TALK AND EQUALLY CHANGE YOUR MONIKER.

BE A GOOD MUSLIM

PEACE

7 Likes

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by Pidginwhisper: 10:54am On Mar 26, 2021
AntiChristian:

Who are you qualifying with those insane words, you accursed and ill-bred child of perdition?
Which Christians built the schools? Who sold the land to them? And who have been funding the schools for over three decades?

Who is the accursed child of perdition if not you? Who are the accursed children of perdition if not your fellow head slamming terrorist? Was the school built by Mohammed who defiled a 6years old Aisha?. Was it your father who sold the land to them?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by otunbabadok(m): 10:55am On Mar 26, 2021
Just in case you don't know, the schools are no more owned by the missionaries. They have been given to the government since 1974. They are fully funded by the government. I went to a Baptist school (a public school) but just beside my school compound they (church) have another school called Baptist N/P school. If as a Muslim you enrol your child in the latter you have to abide by their rules. As for the former, it is a government property and as such open for anyone with any religious affiliation. Finally, can you tell us why you can't have an image of Mary with her head uncovered?

Heavance:
Firstly, for me, I have no problem with the hijab. But you guys seem to to getting this whole thing twisted.
The controversy comes from where it is worn, a school has a uniform students adhere to. you know the uniform, and you decide to add something to it. If other parents bring in their religious things into the school, what would happen?
There is a uniform, please teach your wards to adhere to the uniform, when they get home, they can put on whatever they want to add. It's that simple.
There is a uniform that should be adhered to, i say again, there is a uniform that should be adhered to, know this and know peace.
Your wards can tie their hair with something else, as i think the hair is the main covering for ladies.
The school is not an Islamic school, and there is a uniform to be adhered to, please adhere to the uniform and change when you get home, simple.
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by 1Sharon(f): 10:56am On Mar 26, 2021
AntiChristian:

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by biotechshola(m): 10:59am On Mar 26, 2021
Heavance:

Thats simply what they are saying, but unfortunately non Muslims do not understand this.. Hijab is simply a covering or veil.
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by AntiChristian: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Who is the accursed child of perdition if not you? Who are the accursed children of perdition if not your fellow head slamming terrorist? Was the school built by Mohammed who defiled a 6years old Aisha?. Was it your father who sold the land to them?

The person is you answering a question with another question. Jesus too headslammed too. Who sold the land to the missionaries? Na Jesus?

You are accursed already. Stop mentioning me.

1 Like

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by 1Sharon(f): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2021
otunbabadok:
Just in case you don't know, the schools are no more owned by the missionaries. They have been given to the government since 1974. They are fully funded by the government. I went to a Baptist school (a public school) but just beside my school compound they (church) have another school called Baptist N/P school. If as a Muslim you enrol your child in the latter you have to abide by their rules. As for the former, it is a government property and as such open for anyone with any religious affiliation. Finally, can you tell us why you can't have an image of Mary with her head uncovered?

1 Like

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by yetunsbay(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2021
koladebrainiac:
its a missonary school
pls who pays the staff ?
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by AntiChristian: 11:05am On Mar 26, 2021
IJOBA11:
YOU WILL LEAVE ME WITH NO OPTION THAN TO REPORT YOU TO THE MODS NEXT TIME YOU CALL ME A FOOL. YOU ARE ONE OF THE REASONS WHY MUSLIMS ARE BEING LABELED TERRORISTS ACROSS THE WORLD. LEARN HOW TO TALK AND EQUALLY CHANGE YOUR MONIKER.

BE A GOOD MUSLIM

PEACE

When Christians call you that what do you do?
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by AntiChristian: 11:05am On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=1Sharon post=100226627][/quote]

You house or family house has been bombed?
Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by blessedlibra: 11:21am On Mar 26, 2021
You even though I agree with what you posted, you know just like having to profess my believe my belief in Allah before I can comment on this post, on a public forum, don't you think it's compulsion too, even though no one is forcing me to. But you know this is a public forum, except you want to keep your opinion to yourself, you wouldn't put up post like this, so you should expect people's comment. This same way it goes for this hijab scenario, you argued in your favor because of sentiments for your religion, same way a Christian will do. So you see, sometimes as human, if we are serious about making meaningful contribution to our development either as a nation or cultural group, we need to drop some outdated ethics Creeds that set us back several steps backwards as a nation, and get off our high moral standard. Else, we should rather accept and tolerate this bickering that go on for a long time, until we are tired.

1 Like

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by blessedlibra: 11:22am On Mar 26, 2021
You even though I agree with what you posted, you know just like having to profess my believe my belief in Allah before I can comment on this post, on a public forum, don't you think it's compulsion too, even though no one is forcing me to. But you know this is a public forum, except you want to keep your opinion to yourself, you wouldn't put up post like this, so you should expect people's comment. This same way it goes for this hijab scenario, you argued in your favor because of sentiments for your religion, same way a Christian will do. So you see, sometimes as human, if we are serious about making meaningful contribution to our development either as a nation or cultural group, we need to drop some outdated ethics Creeds that set us back several steps backwards as a nation, and get off our high moral standard. Else, we should rather accept and tolerate this bickering that go on for a long time, until we are tired to toe no more that path.

1 Like

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by ninjalove(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2021
The North is already degrading because of your mindsets now its christians schools you guys want to ruin

1 Like

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by ninjalove(m): 11:31am On Mar 26, 2021
blessedlibra:
You even though I agree with what you posted, you know just like having to profess my believe my belief in Allah before I can comment on this post, on a public forum, don't you think it's compulsion too, even though no one is forcing me to. But you know this is a public forum, except you want to keep your opinion to yourself, you wouldn't put up post like this, so you should expect people's comment. This same way it goes for this hijab scenario, you argued in your favor because of sentiments for your religion, same way a Christian will do. So you see, sometimes as human, if we are serious about making meaningful contribution to our development either as a nation or cultural group, we need to drop some outdated ethics Creeds that set us back several steps backwards as a nation, and get off our high moral standard. Else, we should rather accept and tolerate this bickering that go on for a long time, until we are tired to toe no more that path.
thank you for this post

1 Like

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:35am On Mar 26, 2021
AntiChristian:

Only fools won't know that Israel Jesus's country is not a Christian country.

If Israel can move on you can too.

What am I saying what are you saying? The madness of compulsorily using hijab in schools, society, etc had been reduced to the barest minimum in Saudi Arabia the origin of islam. If Saudi Arabia can move on, you slaves in Nigeria can move on too

Christians and Jews in Israel are tolerance and that's why they accomodate you slaves to build your mosques and perfrom your Islamic right without any interference while opposite is the case in islamic world

3 Likes

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by ninjalove(m): 11:36am On Mar 26, 2021
Difrent:

This section is islamic section , for you to comment you have to take the oath of being a muslim ....
Many folks LIED that they are muslims just so they can comment .....MUST YOU COMMENT ON ISLAM SECTION?

if a public School (founded by the church but now funded by the government) has a uniform but some people feel it's discriminatory , they can challenge it , just like some Christians feel it's discriminatory to ask people to take an oath before making comments in Islam section and has been challenging it by lying on oath in order to express themselves and point out the discrimination

My take
Islamic section but you want to go to a christian school wearing Hijab hypocrite �

2 Likes

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by Heavance(m): 11:37am On Mar 26, 2021
biotechshola:

Thats simply what they are saying, but unfortunately non Muslims do not understand this.. Hijab is simply a covering or veil.
no, you are not getting it.
Check a comedian on twitter Toaoma or so.
She doesn't put on hijab, but i have never seen her hair.
Hijab is not part of the uniform. They should use the uniform during the school hours.

2 Likes

Re: Lágbájá, Hijab controversy and how Environment Influences Muslim by Chijeep(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2021
Heavance:
This post reminds of a day in my secondary school when a young lady (Senior class) wore a headscarf in a form of d reverend sister but immediately a teacher saw her she told her 2 remove d headscarf and put on her beret.
and do u know d most funny part of it?
d school is a mission school and d teacher is a reverend sister also.
d code is:- Live and let others live. if u go to a neighbour's house and he asked you to put off ur shoe before walking in u av no option dan 2 abide na

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Jumuah Funny Memes": 10 Types Of People You Would Meet In The Mosque On Fridays / Can One Have Intercourse During Ramadan? / Muslim Employee Who Saved Lives At Supermarket In Paris Granted Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.