Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,685 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools (49112 Views)

"Buy Land”, Bishop Oyedepo Tells His Congregants (Video) / Faith Oyedepo Tells Ladies Not To Dress Like Grandmas While Looking For Husband / Don’t Take COVID-19 Vaccines - Oyedepo Tells Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by nsiba: 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
jeliliadedoja1:
I love Christianity, I read Quran as well as Bible, I am a Muslim and I once converted to Christianity ,a member of MFM for that matter. Today I am a practicing Muslim I left Christianity because it is make believe, deceitfulness, window dressing and a business ventures out to exploit followers.

Foreign religion are for Arabs & Europeans...the African man have no bizness there
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by omosuper(m): 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
babaolofin:

I have been waiting and searching for this useless and foolish statement to come from a fool.

I want to ask a question, when the schools were taken over by the government, did they pay the missionaries that built the schools for the building and the amount invested in those schools and on students before the takeover ?
The Schools remain missionary schools.

We have many great Universities that belong to Churches presently with few sub standard Universities that belong to other groups. I know many people will be happy today if Universities like Covenant, Landmark, Redeemers, Babcock and others too numerous to name here are taken over by the government. Tomorrow, they will now call them government universities where hijab should be worn. Is that possible ? No.

Let us be reasonable. Let us be logical.
You’re too aggressive Mr man. Did the missionaries pay a dime to the communities they built the schools on if we’re to agree with your points? Preach love and tolerance. You hear me so?
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Drdreluv: 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mu.mu is it ur school go and build ur own and do nonseae there
Juliusmalema:
I totally disagree with Oyedepo on this..

Muslim students can wear their hijab to school. This is a northern state for that matter and northerners are known Muslims with little Christian faith.

Why then will you advise them not to wear hijab in a muslim controlled territory..

It is their faith,norm and lifestyle...

As far it is north, they can wear it.

Hishbah should immediately step in and enforce the rules
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by jeliliadedoja1: 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Bishop Oyedepo will never query a church member who brings millions of naira as tithe nor query their source of wealth .God is not interested in churches or schools built with stolen money .If you like own 100 private universities and end up producing graduates who wear indecent cloths, walk half naked and cannot add any value to society all they learned is yahoo yahoo money and prosperity by all means.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
jeliliadedoja1:
I love Christianity, I read Quran as well as Bible, I am a Muslim and I once converted to Christianity ,a member of MFM for that matter. Today I am a practicing Muslim I left Christianity because it is make believe, deceitfulness, window dressing and a business ventures out to exploit followers.
Abdul, so what were you before you converted to Christianity?

What are you converting to tomorrow Buddhism abi

All this Taqiya is stale already

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by compton11(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mikecold:
Crusaders as far as history is concerned was founded to stop the conquest offence by the Islamists.
nigga read your history,crusaders prosecuted the jews in the so called Jerusalem plus their violence in other European countries.

Mikecold:

you are berift of knowledge, they came in batches too after the affront on salam and his successor to checkmate their March towards Europe from turkey
so believe crusaders not only invade Jerusalem?

Mikecold:

Viking has no religious mandate to Christianity, it was simply a outcast of Icelandic warriors
nigga Vikings embraced Christianity and continued spreading it.

Mikecold:

Next time as a Yoruba Muslim never quote my me until sultan of Sokoto start giving Yoruba Muslim permission to sight moon for ramadam
who the Bleep is sultan,he is just political,wittout him,we are fasting,stop diverting from real question stupid.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by kwamerayban(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
Its sad this is coming from a reputable pastor,Instead of Him moving motions for peace,Bishop is aggravating issues with his word
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Angrymode: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Muslim students can wear their hijab to school. This is a northern state for that matter and northerners are known Muslims with little Christian faith.

Why then will you advise them not to wear hijab in a muslim controlled territory..

Going by your reasoning,
1. Only Muslim organizations should be allowed in all Muslim dominated territories.
2. Only Christian organizations should be be allowed to in all Christian dominated territories.
3. There should be a separate Constitution for each territory based on religious dominance.
4. No one should venture into each other's territory except they want to convert.

Plz in enforcing all these decrees, find a place in your heart to consider the traditionalists who were once a majority but now a minority.

If you still don't understand that your mentality stink of extrimism, then you are beyond help.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2021
compton11:
nigga read your history,crusaders prosecuted the jews in the so called Jerusalem plus their violence in other European countries.

so believe crusaders not only invade Jerusalem?

nigga Vikings embraced Christianity and continued spreading it.

who the Bleep is sultan,he is just political,wittout him,we are fasting,stop diverting from real question stupid.
Abdul, i can see your head is over heating, i can sense your frustration from your unstable writing.

Take your plastic kettle and more water on your head to cool off, make sure you stay off slamming head throughout today too

Don't worry, i would inform allah not to reduce your virgins since your 7 times slamming won't be completed

By the way sultan is your god, he is not just a mere political lord

If he doesn't site that moon you can't break your fasting also is your slavery to allah

Go and retrieve that power from him first before i can engage you
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Onlyonebuhari: 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Government schools belong to all. Freedom of expression is sacrosanct in our constitution....can should stop intolerance
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Sagay212: 6:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
If not madness, how can you abandone your islamic school and studies were you are allowed to practice all sorts of archaic stup.idty such as learning arabic and how to strap bombs and kill innocent people and forcefully want to go to a Christian school. You know your islamic schools are useless with terrible standards and instead of you to improve the standards by employing well educated teachers who are mostly Christians, you want to forcefully send your children to Christian schools and want them to wear the filthy, stinky, unhealthy hijab that affects their brain due to too much heat.
If the Christian schools had been fo.olish like the islamic extremist schools, would some of these annoying muslims see any Christian schools to want to force their children into? All of a sudden, arabic and islamic tenets are no longer useful and strictly to be upheld by muslims. They really want to send their children to the schools of people they consider infidels? That's some mischievous piece of sh.it. more like they just want to intentionally start a religious war. Shame on some of the daft yoruba muslims bringing up such rubbish. It's always these illiterate muslim illorin people always bringing shame to yorubas. Nobody with common sense will open their dirty mouth and say islam is a religion of peace. It can never be a religion of peace.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by kennybombay: 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
It is better to get our fact right before commenting on certain issue like religion matter.
After reading many comments on this hijab matter in Ilorin, I can say it loud and clear that most of the people were not well informed concerning this matter.

On my way out yesterday's morning, I saw two female students of Taoheed secondary school Ilorin going to school. One put on the hijab to signify she is from a Muslim home and the other put on the cap to show she is a Christian, because that's how Christian female students dressed to schools here in Ilorin.

They are talking and laughing together as they passed me by, and I was so happy to see them in that situation.
Such kind of scene can be found in AUD, NUD, One Suna schools and the rest. All these schools were former Muslim mission schools before being taken over by the kwara state government in the same manner the Christian mission schools were taken over by the same government under the same agreement at the same time and in the same year 1974.

Baba Oyedepo's point here is null and void on the ground that the ten schools in question are public's.
It's the state government that has been responsible for the posting and payment of staff's salary and maintaining those schools for the past four decades.

If those schools are mission schools as Baba claimed, how come there are many Muslims among the staffs there?
How come they are having Islamic knowledge as a subject in those schools?
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by compton11(m): 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
nsiba:

Who do you then have problem with?
Christians that always attack Islam ignorantly
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by lordmans(m): 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2021
I quite disagree with Baba Oyedepo on this.
And it's unfortunate the unnecessary hoopla from this hijab thing and the intentions of some divisive elements in using it to create disharmony among people who earlier enjoyed cordial relationship with each other. It's also unfortunate seeing the insults hurled at the Muslim population in Ilorin.

Before we form our opinions let's first dissect the bone of contention in the whole saga.

Primary and secondary schools in Nigeria are either classified as Federal government funded like the federal government colleges, State funded (this form a big chunk of the schools in Nigeria which made them 'Public schools' - and entrance isn't by common entrance exams like the federal colleges), the Private funded, usually refered as Private schools and the Religious or Theological schools.

All schools in the realm of the federal and state funded irrespective of origin are termed Government and Public schools because the Government pays the teachers, non teaching staffs and as such manage them through the Teaching Commission or whichever name they chose to call such Commission. Promotion, welfare, pensions of the staff lies with the State. In such schools all are free to attend irrespective of creed or fate without fear of harassment from no-one even if the person is of minority group or religion.

In the private schools they are more driven by profits, yet the state still have input in the form of government policies and regulations. But in a Theological school, the administering religious institution makes the law. And I believe no person of other religions will want something different in that school because it was purely built for religious purpose of that religion. And no muslim student who think of wearing hijab in a christian seminary nor would a christian not conform with the Muslim equivalent.

If the schools in question in kwara state fall under the category of state funded as I described
above the main originator of the whole problem should be tried for subjecting those female muslim students to some form of discrimination based on their religious beliefs in a public school. The noise are totally unnecessary cos they never seek for other female students of other faiths to wear hijab but themselves and are not violating the rights of non-hijab wearing students in anyway.

In a true secular state, even the right of the minority or their beliefs are to be protected, even if they're not more than 5% of the population. The school could have responded with an acceptable design and color to match the uniform. And besides there might be an ulterior motives by those who started this noise afteral.

It is high we stopped the divisive activities of all these religious bodies CAN, MURIC etc in our daily activities. They should go burn in hell for they cause more harm to our wellbeing than good. Their business thrive on fear, anxiety and acrimony.

Going by the constitution:
Section 38(1) of the Constitution makes provision for the citizen’s ‘freedom of thought, conscience and religion, including freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or private) to manifest and propagate his religion or belief in worship, teaching, practice and observance.’

However, these rights are not absolute. The Constitution gives the state power to derogate from them through laws that ‘are reasonably justifiable in a democratic society.’ Specifically, Section 45(1) provides that ‘nothing shall invalidate any law that is reasonably justifiable in a democratic society in the interest of defence, public safety, public order, public morality or public health; or for the purpose of protecting the rights and freedoms of other persons.’

We should see ourselves for the goodness in each other first before the tribe, religion or origin of that person. May the Almighty God shame all the evil people in these country hiding under the banner of religion to exploit the people.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by tonyson010(m): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
November1857:
Lool, Muslims and trouble are like 5&6 ! They lack common sense..

The common sense here is this" Build your own schools, Men and women can use Hijab there "- Bishop Oyedepo.

Stop invading other people privacies with your Hijabs..

Yet they shout that Christian are luring them, they don't like western culture and education...

Hypocrisy is too bad.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by compton11(m): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
Mikecold:
Abdul, i can see your head is over heating, i can sense your frustration from your unstable writing.
no,boy,u are the that want hide all the actrocities in Christiandom.

all your so called Christianity was spread with violence and pillage.

Mikecold:

Take your plastic kettle and more water on your head to cool off, make sure you stay off slamming head throughout today too
Jesus did the same and slammed his head , that is worshipping not shaking big ass in the church once in a week. gringrin

Moses and prophets in old testament did it too

Mikecold:

Don't worry, i would inform allah not to reduce your virgins since your 7 times slamming won't be completed
mumu u are nigga.
what is the enjoyment in Christiandom is in your so called kingdom of God?

Mikecold:

By the way sultan is your god, he is not just a mere political lord
Only my creator is my lord plus yall Igbo nigga are licking the ass of that same sultan.

Mikecold:

If he doesn't site that moon you can't break your fasting also is your slavery to allah
I'm just chatting with lil boy.
gringrin plus your Bible called u slave too.

Mikecold:

Go and retrieve that power from him first before i can engage you
well our own FFK is your own god.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by delpee(f): 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
jeliliadedoja1:

Many don't focus on the spiritual aspect of religion. They go to Church/Mosque hoping for salvation without personally working towards it. We are to worship God in spirit and in truth. A personal effort to achieve deeper understanding prevents gullibility and being misled...whichever faith one belongs to. No pastor can deceive me since I'm capable of sorting out my issues with God. We indulge Pastor and Alfas by unwittingly making them intermediaries. Funny enough, the MFM GO advices that his members should learn to fight their battles instead of looking up to their fellow human beings.

One of the major issues on the Hijab matter for instance is the emphasis on physical matters. We once hired an Hijabi (fully covered one) who turned out to be a hardened thief. It's an experience that still makes me shudder.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by jeliliadedoja1: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2021
Bishop Oyedepo thinks Muslims fears anyone other than ALLAH, I respect you as businessman and of course anybody who chose money as their master like you can make stupendous riches but we chose to love ALLAH and his religion of peace without deceit. You lost against Buhari, You lost against Joe Biden if only your favorites had won in any of these contest you would have probably told your blind followers you can give or take life.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by JorgedeToledo: 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Is Benue state not in the north, why don't they wear hijab there?
This has nothing to do with the north.
A Christian school has its own codes and conducts.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by HigherEd: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
omosuper:
Dangote’s staff might not be allowed to wear BUA vest in Dangote’s factory but NNPC staff can wear Conoil vest, Total vest, Oando vest ant etc. I hope you get the scope right?

The nnpc is founded and owned by the govt. Church schools are founded and owned by churches. I hope you get the gist.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by JorgedeToledo: 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
Peacemaker5128:
Kwara population is 95-5% so let them bring their trouble
they will be properly dealt with

Only 95-5%,
You should have written 100-0%.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by JorgedeToledo: 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Kwara Muslim to Christian population is 70 - 30

Don't mind him
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Farmerrules: 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
The poster of this message and the originator of this message are bird of a feather, all are religious bigot. I will not join issue with anyone but Nigeria constitution respect people's right. So the schools in question are government schools which support plurality. You can be ranting here on social media, e go soon choke you all.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Demmzy15(m): 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
Look at the Yorùbá Christians masturbating profusely on the thread grin grin
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Demmzy15(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Olavic7:

Keep quite kwara is not north, i come from kwara and ilorin is 99% yoruba, infact 49% christian. From zobi, shao to malete it is dominated by christian, from Idofian-omuaran boudary that link ekiti and osun christian covers 60%. From Oro to isin christian are 70%, Ajasse, Offa, Lafigi, patigi,saare, moro, bode sadu, old jeba, lomon that links to niger state are 30%, eruku,arorin and ojoku 50% christian. Kwara are mainly yoruba igbomina. Is it becuase they call them north central? If nigeria break today, kwara will go with ODUDUA R.
The way you Christians chunk out stats from your head ehn, it's very shocking. I'm from Kwara as well and Muslims are overwhelming majority, if Christians make up 30% of Ilorin, dem try sef. Sobi, Malete and environs have slight Muslim majority but with high minority traditionalists and Christians, that's the area of kwara with many traditionalists. Kwara isn't majorly igbomina but there's a high population of igbomina and most igbomina despite the Christianization efforts are majorly Muslims (60%). Kwara North are majorly Muslims (80%), Central (70%) and South (65%)

So yes, Kwara is a majority Muslim state and we won't join a republic that would oppress Muslims
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Demmzy15(m): 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
Olavic7:

Do you study there? I went to a muslim secondary school at kwara [jamaat nasril islam eggi oyo ipo kwara state] and also finish my diploma at federal polytechnics Offa. They don't permit fellowship and even disallow Gideon Bible to be shared, you can't do anyhow at kwara muslim school or else¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
"But if through my lie God’s truth abounds to his glory, why am I still being condemned as a sinner?" Romans 3:7

We know you Yorùbá Christians can lie grin

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Demmzy15(m): 6:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
Gidariro:

This is the height of religious intolerance at its peak. It beats my imagination that Muslim pupils cannot wear headscarves in a state funded schools? How did we get to this stage if I may ask? How is Hijab-wearing by few muslim pupils an islamization agenda? This is preposterous and insanely absurd. We have always lived together in harmony in South West until the advent of the so called men of God and Islamic fanatics who find relish in this absurdity. When will Nigeria move out of this religious cocoons? Oduduwa nation my foot!
Don't blame Islam fanatics, it is the Christians you should blame. They're known for their fervent opposition to Islam, the Muslims don't deceive and demand people to convert before attaining anything, the Christians do. Yorùbá Christians do this not Muslims

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by omokab: 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
You can as well advice christian children to vacate the school because it is owned by government. Name is only for recognition. Who control a divorce woman? Past or present husband. You have given your property to state government when you are not blind folded as at the time you are signing the agreement. If you want government to return the schools back to christian missionaries, they should as well ready to pay all backlog of salaries, renovation/ building of new classrooms, payment of salaries and other other expenses spent since acquisition of schools.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Blackdisciple(m): 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2021
“I have never seen a place in my life where a tenant will be decreeing for the landlord…you know the reason why? We have never shown the world the other side of God.

I like this one, aside of Christians the rest of the world never knew that God issa consuming FIRE, WUTA cos we Christians are just silence even as they put their hands in our eyes on daily basis.

Maybe the world needs to see the other side of God especially the Muslim world, I point it the Muslim world.

To be honest they can never accept a Christian candidate in Islamic schools but you can see Muslim candidate in a Christian schools . Are we fools no because we Christians tolerate we just want a peaceful coexistence .
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools by Sahban1: 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
November1857:
Lool, Muslims and trouble are like 5&6 ! They lack common sense..

The common sense here is this" Build your own schools, Men and women can use Hijab there "- Bishop Oyedepo.

Stop invading other people privacies with your Hijabs..
. Why are you generalizing your statement on Muslim , always think before you comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Human Blood And Skulls Found In A Church In Imo (Photos) / Ogbanje Church Of All Nations Opens In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.