Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? (31163 Views)

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? / Which Bank Gives Pos Faster / “Pay Yourself First”: Best Saving Strategy To Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by dollarathe(m): 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
Heritage bank is ok
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by emmnprince(m): 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
Kezifils:
None. They are all the same offering 1.15% interest P.A and you only get the interest if you dont withdraw from the account for a certain number of times per month.

What about their monthly charges?

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by emmnprince(m): 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
Why not try Kuda e-bank. They have no physical structures but you can save your money, withdraw your money using any ATMs of any banks using a Kuda MasterCard. No unnecessary charges.

Just download their app and start saving!

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by yommen: 10:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Go buy small small goats lock them for one corner Dey feed them.

Cash out in 2years.

Nice one. Or he buys BTC and keep
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Made619(m): 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
piggyvest offers more interest than any bank
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by seunmsg(m): 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
BlakKluKluxKlan:

What about the govt ban on Bitcoin ?

There is no effective ban on crypto. CBN simply said banks should not be involved in the trading of cryptocurrency. Nobody is stoping you from buying cryptocurrencies.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by ugbanante: 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nigerian banks are here to help u save. They rum business, profit is the focus,not to pamper you to grow wealth.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by yazga: 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2021
Quelme:
can you please throw more light on this Trove?
To buy stocks on the Trove app, you need funds in your wallet. There are two wallets in your trove account. The Naira wallet is for buying Nigerian stocks, bonds, while the Dollar wallet is for your foreign transactions or saving you naira in dollars. At the moment, Trove only accepts adding a Naira card and a Naira bank account to your profile.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by yazga: 10:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
emmnprince:
Why not try Kuda e-bank. They have no physical structures but you can save your money, withdraw your money using any ATMs of any banks using a Kuda MasterCard. No unnecessary charges.

Just download their app and start saving!
I love Kuda app.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by micflo28(m): 10:24pm On Mar 25, 2021
Jestin:
They are all birds of the same feathers flying in different directions.
it's birds of a feather
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Quelme: 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
yazga:
To buy stocks on the Trove app, you need funds in your wallet. There are two wallets in your trove account. The Naira wallet is for buying Nigerian stocks, bonds, while the Dollar wallet is for your foreign transactions or saving you naira in dollars. At the moment, Trove only accepts adding a Naira card and a Naira bank account to your profile.
Okay. Meaning, the Naira to Dollar saving option is not yet available?
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by donmik: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2021
nakaman:
I operate on only 2 banks, and I can judge from the two, zenith and gtb, no interest but your aza Is safe

True. GTB doesn't steal. They charge u for services u choose. And your money is safer from scammers than banks like eco, stanbic, 1st bank, worst is access
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
Please don't try access bank
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by komols856: 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
Marayesa1:
Hello Nairalander
Saving is very important in case of emergency or necessities. We have various commercial banks in Nigeria with each having various saving options and have been looking for the best one to put my money in other to get some interesting on my savings.

So I'll like to ask which bank out of this popular banks have the best saving option judging by the interest rate and other incentives?

No bank will give you an interesting interest for saving. Saving in the bank nowadays is for boys. Real men no longer keep saving in the bank rather they invest it to make high return of investment in real estate business. Could you imagine having 30% return of investment with an investment of minimum of 500k in six months?. You guess is as good as mine. You don't buy the land , you just invest with a registered real estate company. It is called buy back investment scheme where you gain 30%/ return plus your invested money after six months of maturity. Ask me how it works before you said its not genuine or that its a scam. Call or WhatsApp: +2348030897019 to know more about buy back investment scheme. Its working and its 100% genuine.
)
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by OgwuEgo: 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
Piggyvest
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by nextstep(m): 10:51pm On Mar 25, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Cash out in 2years.

Best advice I've seen in a while! grin Honestly.

Besides inflation eating away your savings, the naira sef gets devalued anyhow. At least the goats will increase in price every month.
Ask somebody who had 1 million saved in 2015 what that can buy now. I don't think it's worth 500k (in real terms, based on what you could buy in 2015).

3 Likes

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by HallaDaTruth: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
Op save with Kuda, thank me later. Visit play store and download the app
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by nextstep(m): 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2021
seunmsg:
None. No bank can go beyond the CBN approved interest rate. If you have unused money you intend to save, use it to buy Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency. Bitcoin gives more return in a month than Nigerian banks can give in a year.

For now. If you bought bitcoin on Mar 13, you will be crying today. Of course if you bought in on Jan 30 you will be smiling. I don't like that kind of swing, so I'd stay clear.

OP, if you can watch this money burn without crying, then sure, buy bitcoin. The returns are immense, but so are the risks.
T-bills should a decent option, enough to match inflation (unlike bank savings), but your principal is guaranteed.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by justlaw(m): 10:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
Your best bet for saving should be PiggyVest. You get about 8% p.a on your saving.

- There are investment plans that, you can invest your money into on the app and you get as much as 36% in 18 months. This depends on the type of investment though.
- Also, you can use their safelock feature to lock funds not immediately needed for a particular period and that attract about 13% p.a

Give it a try and thank me later.

Just download the app from your playstore.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by staneless(m): 11:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
Use V-bank and thank me later!!!
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by DonMarkuzi(m): 11:09pm On Mar 25, 2021
[left][/left]
Solatium:

Bank wey no get money,you wan go dash Saraki family your little change?

Thank me later.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Killermamba: 11:14pm On Mar 25, 2021
Marayesa1:
Hello Nairalander
Saving is very important in case of emergency or necessities. We have various commercial banks in Nigeria with each having various saving options and have been looking for the best one to put my money in other to get some interesting on my savings.

So I'll like to ask which bank out of this popular banks have the best saving option judging by the interest rate and other incentives?
)

Use kuda MFB
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Killermamba: 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2021
nextstep:

For now. If you bought bitcoin on Mar 13, you will be crying today. Of course if you bought in on Jan 30 you will be smiling. I don't like that kind of swing, so I'd stay clear.

OP, if you can watch this money burn without crying, then sure, buy bitcoin. The returns are immense, but so are the risks.
T-bills should a decent option, enough to match inflation (unlike bank savings), but your principal is guaranteed.

Crypto is the future. Better save with btc or us dollars ,soon naira will be 700 -750 to 1 dollars. I saw this years ago

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Donsamie(m): 12:13am On Mar 26, 2021
[quote author=MackIV post=100212044]Having used Heritage Bank, GTB, First Bank etc.

I'd give it to Heritage Bank, they'd pay for saving with them. Much more higher than 3_6 month Treasure Bill's investment. True story[
which heritage bank are you talking about see they are the worst of them all, i have a savings with that useless bank and they wipe it out every month 100 naira and still remove sms charges, yet they still charge me for the sms they send to. Calculate 100 naira plus other cháges that was how they finish my saving in heritage bank
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Lexusgs430: 12:14am On Mar 26, 2021
nonut:
Forget banks. Buy BTC and keep.
Alternatively, buy Tesla shares and forget them there.
You'll cash out big in a few years time.

At $640 per share...... grin

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by bizhop01: 12:29am On Mar 26, 2021
I used First bank, Access, StanbicIBTC, FCMB, Fidelity, Heritage bank some of them ugly than dog shit.

FCMB very poor customer service along with terrible ATM network their useless ATM card is compulsory,
Fidelity bank group of criminals the only know how to deduct money due to their back to back fail transaction, the remain the only standard bank that still keep customers 1k in their custody.
I only depend on first bank for my daily online successful transaction because of their network stability but not for their monthly interest rate.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by hstar: 12:46am On Mar 26, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Cash out in 2years.

cheesy
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by gigabyte13: 1:03am On Mar 26, 2021
Access bank is the worst as far as am concern, worst as in WORRRRSSTTTTTTT.... EVER
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by sharone21(f): 2:39am On Mar 26, 2021
W-E-M-A bank.
Before Buhari came in 10% on fixed deposits per year. Later 6% and 2020: 1% but it seems they have reviewed it upwards.
There is normal fixed deposit( cones with a fixed deposit note unlike ALAT BY WEMA) and ALAT by WEMA( via its app which runs on android 6 and above... and a bit higher than the normal fixed deposit)
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 26, 2021
CertifiedGee:
Go for Kuda or Standard Chartered bank. You won't regret it at all
yeah Standard gives peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 4:22am On Mar 26, 2021
So Nigerian banks are like American banks in doling out low dividends in savings account. It never used to be like ridiculously back then. The rates were attractive.
Re: Which Bank Offers The Best Saving Option In Nigeria? by Kingzjayzee: 4:27am On Mar 26, 2021
vibbb:
Banks in 9ja are birds of the same feather, all of em are scammers. Stupid charges here nd there.
u go end up using your interest accrued and even part of ur own money to pay for charges. In the end, na u go lose.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Credit Deduction Theft From Account- Photo / My ATM Card Was Stolen And Money Was Withdrawn Within Hours - Advice Needed. / Saving With KOLO: I Just Began This Journey (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.