Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,592 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? (15386 Views)

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password / What Inspired Your Moniker? / How Did The Yoruba Slang " Danny Olora " Come About ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by peropoliet(m): 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
adadike:
Ada is daughter in Igboland and dike means the strong and I come from a family of strong and determined people. We don't plan evil or harm anyone and if you plan evil for me, it backfires immediately
don't bore us with your family story

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by postdigger(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
Penguin2:
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?

Robin lord Taylor was a legend for his portrayal of the role penguin in Gotham, loved and missed his character
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 26, 2021
Trying to hide my identity......and doing it fake online.

nigga u knw who a catfish is, right undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by gracefoundmme(m): 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2021
I can't forget early 2017 was in 300 level then, I got my first ever freelance job here from a nairalander, although I do visit the site before then to read news.

I decided to visit webmaster for tutorials since I started my web design journey and then I saw a request for website design and development and I applied and got the offer. After that day I had to create my profile and named it gracefoundmme (Grace Found Me)... because it was so easy no stress despite the fact I was amateur then...mehn it was grace oooo, client was from Glasgow Scotland, I later discovered he is a Nigerian, based over there.

That was the turn around for me ooo,

From that day till now nairaland has been a blessing to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ClassicMan202(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
Jedinna's song - Classic Man and besides am a classic man

form is temporal but class is permanent

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by razzydoo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
bluefilm:
My own moniker is self explanatory.
I like my hobby.
I like my hobby so much.
i'm your no. 1 fan (or ac if you prefer).
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
Righteousness2:
I Don't even know how I came about "Righteousness"
What I know is that I was sent here to put out the Raw and Unadulterated Gospel of JESUS Christ that will constantly put men/ women on their toes and so that Everyone that comes across the messages will have a chance to repent and know JESUS.

I believe some persons have begun to anticipate what your response to posts would be though, and may sometimes not read.

I love what you're doing, really.

But sometimes, first be factual, objective and give a practicable solution.

A woman says her husband who is well educated and experienced has refused to apply for a new job after his previous contract ended... the first thing to do shouldn't be to tell them about heaven or hell... There are foundational discussions they should have first to assess what the problem is. Do you get?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ebony2011(m): 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
Gandollaar:
You said Latina the other day.
No ebony rocks the boat

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by bluefilm: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
razzydoo:
i'm your no. 1 fan (or ac if you prefer).

I think I prefer AC grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by okomile(f): 6:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
Liposure:
emi ati jumoke ninu restroom

Beeni ooooooo
grin
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by UEDIBO: 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2021
oilPUSSY:
My toto is always oiled
hmmm. How I wish you are mine.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ikllbrokehoes(m): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Awwwn. I've seen Gotham. Penguin was the cunning guy who was slughtly handicapped, yeah?
What about Primadonna0

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
What about Primadonna0

The original idea was to fuse my first name, surname initial and the word "prim" because my friends always say I'm prim and proper. Well, the combination gave birth to an actual word... So, PrimadonnaO is "prim woman" plus the initial of my name.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ThatFairGuy1: 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
Ologogoro grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2021
As you might have already guessed my full
name is Ayomide.

The numbers stand for letters.
Ayo
13-M

9-I

4-D

5-E

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by braunny(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2021
Penguin2:
Just like nicknames, I'm sure your Nairaland monicker was informed by something that had an impression on you. Well, except for those who ban has made them run out of ideas of a name to choose. Lol.

So let me start with my own...

I got Penguin from a movie I watched, Gotham. Penguin's real name in the movie was Oswald Cobblepot but people called him Penguin because of his hair; and his looks maybe.

He didn't like the name at first and would always retort if called by the name. But with time it grew on him and he started to address himself by the name.

His character was that of a downtown guy trying to survive. He did a lot of shits. But these are shits he had no option than to do them if he must survive.

I saw me in him. Well, not like I do shits. But I saw in him a young man that wants to survive no matter what life throws at him.

At a time, Fish, his female boss then, broke his leg and he started to walk funny but he continued to hustle and to work himself up the ladder of the society.

Penguin was my favorite character in Gotham. That's why I chose the name.

So how did you come about yours?
because of his leg not hair Op
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by oyithemilkman: 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2021
It is because I love women with big breasts.Ironically I don't consume milk.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Charlex23(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
triple996:
grin @smellysparm. ipobarecriminals. yamuri. flatheadyamuri. afonja. conehead. oilypusst. naijaolosho. lamidicownu. . arrewa. simplyleo. hairypigs. osu. fallendemon. yorubagoblin. mannabbgrills. slawomiir. caplocks. developers. richdad. legendhero. hellinus. etc oya come and explain. (did I miss anybody??)
yea... u forgot to add childofdoom
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by evy800(f): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
I just wanted to call myself Sly because I’m smooth like that but it was taken. I tried ‘Sly fox’ taken too I tried ‘sly foxx’ Taken as well till I tried Slyfoxxjoe and it was available.

I don’t even know what the hell slyfoxxjoe means.

Na ur own be my own....lol
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by dorin27(f): 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
BurntSoul:

U speak the French language eloquently?
Nope. Was free styling. You get?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:26pm On Mar 26, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

The original idea was to fuse my first name, surname initial and the word "prim" because my friends always say I'm prim and proper. Well, they combination gave birth to an actual word... So, PrimadonnaO is "prim woman" plus the initial of my name.
That's cool. so let me guess your name should be a.d.o.n.n.a or d.o.n.n.a then? I might be wrong though lolz. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by lkillbrokehoes: 7:27pm On Mar 26, 2021
evy800:

Na ur own be my own....lol
No be palliative I dey see so for your profile? grin
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by JasperVII(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
Nothing much. Jasper is my nickname; and I am the seventh son in the family, hence the roman numeral for 7.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by gaddafe(m): 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2021
Muomma Gadaffi! Of course you know him. The only hero of Africa.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Warmaterial(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2021
The name 'war material' was giving to me during my secondary school days. I can state categorically, unequivocally and unambiguously that I was very very sturborn and strong... And I don't keep friends and I don't discuss with people, always mean and always on my own .
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Lithe1(m): 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2021
Lithe1= Slim(one),Supple(one) + Graceful(one).

Watch out for TEMAA

1 Like

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Hotbutt(f): 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2021
Funny story, when I was in Nursing school. I was posted for my clinicals in a hospital. A man came with his child to the reception. They were sitted in the reception area.

I then walked in with my colleague. Immediately the son of 5 yrs saw me, he shouted....

"Daddy see that woman. She looks like that woman in the film on your phone that you say have hot butt"

Immediately he said it, every one just looked at both of them especially his father. The shame on his father's face knew no bound.

Everyone started murmuring, talking and laughing. I quickly went into a ward to avoid the scene but it was too late. All my colleagues starting calling me Hotbutt

Apart from that, my secondary school classmates were also calling me hotbutt back then.

So the name just stuck in my head.

Welcome to my world undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Mommadd(f): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
I have been trying to convince for so long and I prayerfully named my future children D&D,so I was always calling myself mommaDD
Today DD are one year already
Exactly what I asked for was what God gave me after 9 years
Twin boys,God is forever faithful.

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by Penguin2: 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
braunny:
because of his leg not hair Op

You are missing it.

It was because of his hair.

Fish was already calling him Penguin before she broke his leg.

Besides, do penguins walk funny?

He had a hair that he styled like the feather of a penguin.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? by ospreywin(m): 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
Well, Osprey is a bird.... I like the instincts of birds and how they survive, they live away from bad energies and enjoy freedom. They're special. When I couldn't access Osprey I had to add 'win' to it cos I like winning cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

NERC Aptitude Test Applicants-2022 / My Biggest Lessons Of 2019 So Far... / Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.